Training

It Comes and Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nayeon's POV
The bell rang for the last class of the day and thankfully Seungcheol hasn't mentioned anything about Jinyoung's phone incident to me yet...
Jennie and I quickly went to our lockers to get our cheerleading outfits for practice today after school. As Jennie and I walked to our lockers that were right next to each other, we saw letters and roses sticking out in between the gaps of the locker door just like every common day and it was a pain to collect but fun to read. 
We met up with Seulgi unnie and Moonbyul unnie at the school water fountain statues. They were both the leaders of the cheerleading club this year and Jennie and I are the vice presidents. All the other cheerleading girls started to arrive so that we can have a quick follow through before we change into our proper uniforms.

End of POV


"Okay girls! Since the boys soccer games are coming up soon, we'll have to practice super hard, be energetic and supportive to every single team member on the field. Seulgi, Jennie, Nayeon and I have been working on the routine. Since it's our first training session of the year we'll all go through it together." Moonbyul announced to the rest of the girls.


"Let's all work hard and not disappoint the reputation of our school!" Seulgi encouraged as all the girls started making their way towards the change rooms as a group.

The cheerleading team basically consisted of all the girls everyone admired. Natural beauties, nice body proportions, cute personalities, friendly, hard-working... Everyone looked up to the club and so did the other schools that have heard of them.
Whenever the club had practice or even just travelled around in their groups, other students would just stop and admire them for their perfectionism. All the boys would try to flirt with the girls or try to become closer to them but it is definitely not an easy job.

Jinyoung POV
I was heading to the sport changing rooms with my soccer team as we turned the eyes of many and opened the mouths of screaming girls. It was fascinating that people in Korea would admire someone so much that they would follow us everywhere. Girls started taking pictures of us and scream out our names.
While I was walking to the change rooms with my soccer team, on our left, we saw a group of girls walking in the same direction as us. I looked more carefully and I saw Nayeon and Jennie near the front as there were screaming fanboys around them which looked hilarious.
I could see some of the soccer members in my club talking and pointing at the group of girls as they kept checking out the girls as if they were at some sort of night club. 

END OF POV.


"Yah! Wonpil, who are those girls? Are they a club too?" Jinyoung asked curiously.



"Oh my gosh Jinyoung. Those girls are members the cheerleading club. One of the most popular clubs in the school on par with us and a few other clubs that are yet to occur." Wonpil informed Jinyoung.


"If they're the cheerleading club, then are they gonna be cheering for us? The soccer team?"


"Yeah they are! We've hit gold this year, they normally change the sports they cheer for every year." Wonpil said in joy.


"I guess I'm gonna be seeing her more often..." Jinyoung mumbled to himself as he entered the changing rooms.

 

After Jinyoung and the other soccer members finished changing into their soccer training gear, they headed out onto the oval to begin warming up. Jinyoung, Wonpil, Jaebum and Seungcheol decided to jog around the field for a quick warm up while the other members were just doing their own warm up. 

As the four of them were jogging around the field, the group of cheerleaders started making their way out onto the oval causing all the boys to start cheering and some of the girls on the side started to gossip again. The girls were wearing their cheerleading uniform; white crop top with blue and black stripes on the side and a short white skirt with the school name imprinted on a blue line on the right side. Nayeon, Jennie, Seulgi and Moonbyul had their uniforms specially made with gold outlines since they were the captains representing the team. The cheerleading club was probably the only club that wore their uniform for training because they had to get used to the short uniform. Jaebum always complained whenever Nayeon and Jennie wore the uniforms because they were too short and he knows that the other boys will stare and imagine inapropriate things which gave him shivers.

 

"Nayeon unnie look, they're coming our way." Jennie pointed to the four boys jogging towards their direction in their soccer gear. Jinyoung was wearing a black tank top with white soccer shorts and Jaebum wore red tank top with black shorts suiting the hot summer weather. 

 

"Jaebum is gonna scold us again." Nayeon groaned as she lowered her skirt a bit. 

 

Jaebum stopped in front of Nayeon and Jennie which caused the other guys to stop as well. He gave an irritated look at the other boys around them and Seungcheol knew exactly what he was thinking but Jinyoung on the other hand had no idea why they stopped jogging but he unknowingly smiled. 

 

"Im Nayeon and Kim Jennie. How many times do I have to tell you that-"

 

"Yes, yes, yes our uniforms are too short and that other boys will e on us. We have no choice but to train in this oppa. And it's not like you're our dads or boyfriends, we can take care of ourselves Mr Bossy boots." Jennie cut him off from his scolding. Jaebum sighed as he finally gave up on the two.

 

"You two are so rebellious I give up on you two cheeky girls." Jaebum chuckled as he pinched Jennie's cheek quickly running off. 

 

"Don't you just love Jaebum hyung? Right Jennie?" Seungcheol playfully.

 

"Yeah totally. I love him so much that I could die." Jennie said full of exaggeration causing the others to laugh.

 

"Okay! Soccer team! GATHER IN!" The coach yelled from the middle of the field. 

 

"See you later girls." Seungcheol waved following Wonpil who quickly ran to the coach. Jennie went to Seulgi to go over the routine again leaving Nayeon and Jinyoung alone.

 

"So the almightly Im Nayeon is going to cheer for me when I'm playing soccer?" Jinyoung again.

 

"Yes I am, you must be very honoured right?" Nayeon playfully joked back.

 

"Oh yes I am indeed very honoured that the almighty Im Nayeon is keen to cheer for my wonderful soccer abilities." 

 

"Oh please, stop boasting about yourself Park Jinyoung." She chuckled as she lightly hit his arm.

 

"YAH! PARK JINYOUNG GET OVER HERE!" The coach yelled causing him to quickly turn his head.

 

Nayeon started laughing seeing Jinyoung's surprised facial expression. Jinyoung gave Nayeon a cheeky expression as he ruffled her hair and ran off.

 

"I guess someone was too busy flirting." Wonpil joked when Jinyoung arrived causing the team to start teasing him.

 

"Okay guys be quiet! Today, we are going to have a quick 30 minute practice match between the old team members and the new team members that have just joined this year! You all are in the soccer club, but today, I am going to pick the members for the official team for the upcoming tournament." The coach announced which caused all the guys to start being roudy again.

 

"As usual, there's a punishment for the losing team. The punishments have worsened from just doing normal push-ups, running around the field doing laps or buying food so don't slack off and try your best okay?!" The coach announced with in loud, broad tone.

The boys split themselves up into the old soccer members vs the new soccer members. Jinyoung looked at the members of his team and most of them were either first years or second years and he knew that his team was done for. Being the only third year on the team, he was worried because he knew they wouldn't beat the other team with Jaebum, Seungcheol, Wonpil and the other third years. The other team looked relaxed while his team had a bunch of boys that looked weak and unathletic which caused Jinyoung to think why they even joined the soccer club in the first place.

 

"We'll let the new guys start, being generous." Wonpil said.

 

"Don't get too cocky, they have Jinyoung remember?" Jaebum reminded them.

 

The coach blew the whistle as one of the first years passed the ball to Jinyoung. Jinyoung began dribbling the ball past the other teams doing all sorts of tricks.

 

"Okay girls! Since the soccer game has already started, we'll learn the intro next session. Today, we'll start cheering whenever someone scores a goal okay? So lets watch carefully and get ready if anyone scores a goal." Seulgi told them as they got into positions.

 

Meanwhile, Jinyoung still had the ball but he was at no position to score a goal. There were people charging at him and he had no choice but to pass the ball to one of the first years who was running towards the middle of the goals. 

Jinyoung quickly passed it to the first year which landed right at his foot perfectly. However, as the first year was dribbling, Seungcheol easily stole the ball off of him. Jinyoung looked back at the goals and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter