Dugeun, Dugeun

For You

image

Originally posted by theking-or-thekid

I was wiping down the countertop, getting ready to end the day at work when the bell rings announcing new customers.

“Welcome.” I bow in greeting at the bunch of guys that had walked in wearing black masks and had covered their heads with either snapbacks or beanies. It was slightly intimidating to be honest but at least the manager was still here.

“Hello.” They greet me in return as they huddle around the counter, looking up at the menu behind me. “We're sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll be quick.”

I watch them as they look for their drinks. “It’s not. That’s no problem at all. What would you like to have, Customer?”

One head whips towards me suddenly.

Startled, I look at him for a moment but focus back on the rest of the group when they give their orders.
When it is time to pay, one of the boys pats the one next to him on his back grinning from ear to ear. “Thanks, Maknae-ya.”

So the youngest was going to pay. “Are you going to be drinking here?”

The tallest one standing at the front responds. “Yes, is that alright?”

“Ah, yes, of course. I’ll be bringing your order over as soon as it is ready. Please, take a seat wherever you want.”

One after another they file away leaving one to pay it all. I tell him the price and he gives me some cash. I take it with both my hands and thank him.

“Jungkook-ah. Hurry!” One of them who had sat down calls from across the shop.

I snap my head up from the cashier screen and meet a set of very familiar eyes. “Jungkook-ssi?”
I must have been looking at him funny because his eyes mold into smiling ones, the rest of his face covered by the mask. His hair was now styled in a different way, a little bit more covered his forehead in a neat sweep. It made him look like a little boy.
“You look different.” I muse as I continue to look at him.

He removes his mask. “It’s the make-up.”

“Make-up?” When he nods, I make an ‘ooooh’ sound, impressed. “Very pretty.”

Teasing him was always fun because he always raises his one eyebrow as in 'for real?’.

I turn around and begin preparing the beverages, thinking that he would join his friends.
“If I remember correctly, you called me handsome.” I look over my shoulder. “What was it again, 'really handsome’?”

“No.” I play off nonchalantly. “I didn’t use banmal (informal speech).'' I grab underneath the table and get a tray placing it on the working space.

Jungkook on the other hand pouts and lays his arm on the high counter and places his chin on his overlapping hands, making him the same level as me. With his hair like that and his round eyes accentuated with make-up, he looked really adorable. Kind of like a puppy.

“I don’t like it.” He mutters.

A few more drinks to go, I turn back around so I can finish the last job for the day. “What?”

“You speaking formally.”

Still with my back to him, I snicker soundlessly. “If I remember correctly, you wanted me to call you 'Oppa’. So, how can I not use formal speech?”

He doesn’t respond for a while and when I turn around I know why. Jungkook was pouting again and looking at me with sparkling puppy dog eyes.

“It’s not going to work.”

He uses this method for a few more seconds, then starts smiling when I can’t help but giggle at his persistence. “It’s not?”

“No (formal).” Putting emphasis on the formal part. I quickly turn away and grab the finished drinks and place them on the tray, ready to round the corner. But Jungkook lifts his head from the counter, standing up to his full height and holds out both hands.

With me looking at them frowning in confusion, he explains. “I’ll take it. It’s heavy.”

I look up at him, surprised at him being such a gentleman and lean to the side to look over his shoulder at his group of friends.
“Alright… thank you (informal).” I thank him the way he wants me to with a grateful smile and he returns it with his own dashing grin, aegyo-sal and all.

I place the tray onto his awaiting hands and he goes to join his friends but not before closing both of his eyes briefly in a wink.

Dugeun, dugeun.

* * * * * *

“Hi, Friend!” I had just walked out of the washroom onto the school hallway and begin walking back to the classroom when I get jumped at from the back.

Recovering from her ever-present assault, I glare at Lee and a buckled-over-from-laughter Joon. “Have you guys figured it out finally?”

They glance at each other again, confirming my suspicion. “What?” Joon says after a second too long.

I give them both the look and cross my arms. “You know what I’m talking about. You,” I point at Joon, “were cranky yesterday.”

He chuckles and throws his left arm over my shoulder. “Me? No, never.”

Pushing him away, I turn to Lee. “He threw me to the wolf yesterday.”

“Oh, come on. Don’t make it sound so bad.” He says both of them looking extremely entertained. “And Kookie is hardly a wolf.”

Displeased by them being such unfaithful friends, I shoot daggers at them with my eyes. “You two should seriously just date.”

“We are.” Lee simply reveals, my eyes widen and I gape.

“What, really? Since when?”

They look at each other blushing. “Since yesterday, we 'figured’ it out after school.”

I clap my hands causing a loud echo in the almost empty hallway. “Finally. You don’t even know how often I just wanted to,” I show them by pushing my two hands together as if they were cradling two heads. “Now you, Joon, can leave me alone.”

Again he puts his arm across my shoulders and the other over Lee’s, pushing us along out of the school and onto the field.

“But really I’m happy for you two.” I smile at them softly. They both smile back gratefully.
We decide to sit down on the grass and I spot the girls from the other dance class practicing their routine a little bit further away. “Anyone knows the song to their dance?”

Joon shakes his head without even looking but when Lee watches them for a while she grabs her phone and taps something into it.
Not a moment later, her phone begins projecting a song. “It’s 'Whatcha doing today’ by 4minute.” She gives me her phone and I see that a video is playing.

For the first time actually interested in a music video, I focus on the screen and admire their effortless dancing. Hard work goes into this perfection.
In a sitting position, I move and bobble along to the beat and after the first chorus, I’ve already remembered most the dance and was humming along to the melody.

“'Jigeum mwo-hae’ (whatcha doing now)?” A voice behind me sings along, changing the lyrics a little.

“Kookie is here!” Joon shouts excitedly.

I feel Jungkook squatting down behind me a little bit to my left, glancing over my shoulder at the little screen. “Ah, this dance is easy.”

I lift my eyebrow at him. “Oh, really? Prove it.”

With a smirk on his lips, his eyes half-lidded, he jumps up accepting the challenge. “Wait a second, what do I get for this?”

He wants something? “I’m not sure I can offer you anything.”

Bending down so I don’t have to strain my neck as much, he holds out his pinkie finger. “If I do this, you’ll call me 'Oppa’ and start using informal language. Call?” Jungkook, the persistent boy.

“Call.” Agreeing, I do the pinkie promise with him.
Already feeling like I’ve lost this, I look at Lee who had reversed back to the chorus. She was grinning, I feel like we all knew that he could do it.

Which can only mean that I want to call him Oppa…. Which can also only mean that I have officially lost it.
 



~~~
;_; my heart is broken again bc I just edited this and... 4minute... my bbies orz....
Anyway, this is a short and cute one… but trust me it can get cuter…
heuheu -K