You

For You

image

(gif credit)

Slowly I regain consciousness when I feel my hair being patted again and again in a soothing way.

‘’~Whenever I open my eyes in the morning, I think of you~’’ I open my eyes sleepily and smile lightly when I see Jungkook in the same position as me, head on his arms, singing lowly to himself.

‘’~Starting with a bright smile~’’ His gaze lands on my eyes, noticing that I had woken up, he himself looks flustered for a second, but nonetheless, he continues singing a little bit louder. ‘’~Even after a tiresome day again, I think of you~’’
I actually recognize the song as my mother used to listen to it all the time.
‘’~I’m the happiest person alive. Now I’m not sad, now I don’t cry~’’ Whenever he throws all his emotions into the lyrics with the combination of him giving me his undivided attention, I realize it’s one of his ways to convey his feelings. ‘’~I give my all to you~’’

Surprising even myself I decide to sing along with him, softer and quieter

‘’~I love you even as the time passes~’’ I get goosebumps, hearing our voices together for the first time. ‘’~I love you even if the world changes~’’
Even though I’ve never admitted it to myself, I feel myself falling deeper in love with him. Seeing his eyes filled with affection I wonder if he feels the same. ‘’~I’m always glad you stay by my side and protect me. Thank you.~’’

After a moment of us gazing into each other's eyes, he finally speaks up. ‘’Your skill is really impeccable.’’ I shift my head so I can see him better as he moves his hand to my cheek, just placing it there.

‘’For me, you have the best skill.’’ I was biased of course but the bright smile makes it all worth it. ‘’I wish I could always wake up to your voice.’’

‘’I thought you said my voice makes you sleepy.’’ I snicker when he mentions the silly excuse I had given him the first time he sang to me over the phone.

‘’Oppa, your voice causes many effects.’’ I don’t think I will ever not have a reaction to his beautiful voice.

‘’Do I make your heart go ‘dugeun, dugeun’?’’ His thump glides over my cheek, the feathery touch ticklish. ‘’Because there isn’t a moment when mine doesn’t feel like it’s jumping out of my chest.’’

My smile fades because I would never have expected him to reveal it so openly. I stare at him speechless my head slowly lifting off the table, taken aback.

‘’Why?’’ He also straightens his back and moves closer. ‘’You look surprised to hear this.’’

‘’I am,’’ I admit with a coy smile. ‘’I didn’t think you would say it so openly.’’

‘’It’s all you.’’ Tilting his head adorably he looks up as if thinking back to a memory. ‘’If you ask the Hyungs they’d tell you that I’m the worst at showing my emotions.’’

‘’I think you’re doing a great job at that. Doesn’t seem like that to me.’’ I yawn and stretch noticing for the first time that there was a blanket over my shoulders. ‘’You take care of me very well, Oppa.’’

‘’Of course, I’m your Oppa.’’ He proceeds to pinch my cheeks.

I glare at him. ‘’If you continue to do this all the time, my cheek will come off.’’

‘’Really? Then, I’ll just…’’

When he abruptly leans in to give me a kiss, I use my hand to block his advance, so that he kisses my palm instead. ‘’Hold on, you already got a kiss earlier ’Tsk, tsk, tsk.’’ I wiggle my index finger playfully. ‘’You’re getting dark thoughts again.’’

Chuckling, he takes my hand and pulls me close. ‘’I did? Why can I not remember?’’

‘’You can’t remember? Ya!’’ I play along, pushing up from my chair dramatically, pretending to be affronted. ‘’I’ll never give you a kiss ever again.’’

Jungkook also stands up just as I see the door opening, Hoseok’s head peeking in. ‘’Oh, ________, you’re awake.’’

‘’Yes, I just woke up.’’

‘’Just in time, the concert is starting soon. Jungkook-ah we need to get going soon.’’ He notifies us and then leaves after a thumbs up.

‘’How long was I asleep for?’’ I look at Jungkook.

‘’30, 40 minutes? Around that.’’ He moves our chairs back so we can easily get out and gets my bag for me.

I run my hands through my hair and take the hand he was offering. ‘’Wuah, for real?’’

He nods his head, apart from that he keeps quiet. I feel his hand tightening around mine several times as we walk over to the big white doors and I look up at him, thinking that he was trying to get my attention. But instead of him facing me, I see him looking straight ahead, his expression serious and concentrated, he was fiddling with his lips and working his jaw, distracted.
It takes me a moment to realize that he was nervous.

We stop in front of the entrance since he obviously can’t follow me out. I face him and push onto my toes to wrap my arms around his neck in an embrace. ‘’Oppa, you’re nervous, aren’t you?’’

His strong arms wrap around my back. ‘’Hm, a little.’’

‘’Don’t be, I know you will do well,’’ I reassure him, feeling like he needs to hear it. ‘’Remember ARMY came to have fun.’’
I pull back, my hands sliding to his shoulders. ‘’So, have fun and enjoy it.’’

Jungkook’s gaze wanders around my face before it settles on my eyes, smiling. ‘’You always know the right things to say, ________.’’

‘’Of course, I’m your girlfriend.’’ I say in the same ‘duh’ tone he had earlier.

Jungkook breathes out almost in relief and laughs lowly.

I smooth my hands over the details on his uniform. ‘’Oppa, you look really handsome by the way.’’

‘’You like this?’’ He looks down at his outfit. The wide tailored uniform made his form look even bigger and manlier.

I smile up at him genuinely and nod my head. ‘’Really stylish and masculine.’’

‘’Jungkook-ah!’’ I look over his shoulders as he does the same, hearing his name being called by a staff. ‘’It’s time. Hurry!’’

‘’Hurry, I don’t want to hold you up.’’ I move back onto my toes to give him a quick peck on the lips but his hands abruptly move up to hold my head in place, turning it into a lingering kiss.

Smiling into the kiss, I pat his chest rapidly until he lets go, the blush evident on my face.

‘’I have never felt this way with anyone before, ________.’’ He professes looking deeply into my eyes, my insides tingle, my heart pounds erratically.

‘’I feel the same way, Oppa.’’ I close my eyes as he moves in to kiss me again, spreading a different kind of warmth. He moves back, my breath catches for a second seeing his eyes full of tenderness directed at me. I take it all in, in wonder.

Jungkook drops his hands from my face to open the door for me. ‘’Go, before you miss the intro.’’

‘’Oppa, fighting.’’ I raise my hands in fists and move backwards, out the door. ‘’Don’t forget, have fun!’’

‘’Hm.’’ He sounds lighter and gives me one of my favorite smiles, the bunny version.

~ ~ ~

‘’________-ah, did you see? I did it for you!’’ I look in the direction where Jimin’s scream was coming from, the staff asking if I was OK now since I had found someone I knew.

‘’Yes, thank you.’’ I bow gratefully and walk in between the many staffs that seem to be stressing over something I had no idea about.

Arriving at where Jimin was standing with people who looked like his family, I nod and wave not wanting to interrupt.
When I pass them in search for Jungkook, I hear a similar voice to Jimin’s asking about me. ‘’She’s pretty, is she your girlfriend?’’

But Jimin’s response gets swallowed up by Hoseok’s excited scream and I wonder what happened.

Two arms wrap around me from behind. ‘’So, did you see?’’

‘’How could I not, the camera was on you in that moment,’’ I state, looking over my shoulder at Jungkook who looks really ecstatic, his hair wet from them playing with water at the end.

‘’I looked y, didn’t I?’’ As soon as the words leave his mouth he unwraps his arms and moves back knowing very well that I would hit him, his lively laugh filling my ears.

‘’You know you are. Don’t make me say it because I already did once and I won’t do it again.’’

‘’Ah, why are you so cute?’’ He pulls me into his arms but I push against his chest when I feel his wet shirt against my cheek.

‘’Go change before you catch a cold.’’ I pat his shoulder.

Smiling brightly, he moves behind me and urges me to start walking. ‘’Let’s go.’’

‘’Where to?’’I frown at him over my shoulder as he navigates me through the people. ‘’I was serious earlier, you’ll get sick.’’

“I am, now.” He stops in front of a door and we step in.

‘’Oppa, where is your mother?’’

‘’She went to the restroom.’’

‘’How long is she staying in Seou—‘’ I turn to face him but he is nowhere to be seen. ‘’Where are you?’’

Jungkook pokes his head out of the makeshift changing area which was basically a curtain, his floppy hair making him look especially endearing.

As much as he was adorable, his one bare shoulder was making me stutter. I cover my face and face away. ‘’Y-you could have given me a warning.’’

‘’I didn’t think you’d be so shy.’’ I could hear the smugness in his voice, he was probably smirking as well. ‘’Since you kind of already saw earlier.’’

The image of his muscular abdomen flashes through my mind and I blush uncontrollably. ‘’Doesn’t mean I’ll get used to it, ever,’’ I mutter the last part because frankly, I don’t think that will ever happen.

‘’Maybe if I showed you more often—‘’

Even though I could tell he was joking, it still made me nervous to think about him just randomly flashing his abs at me out of nowhere. ‘’Please, don’t. Once was enough.’’

I hear Jungkook walking over to me, but I keep my face covered. ‘’What, you didn’t like that?’’

‘’You’re wearing a shirt, right?’’

“Yes.”

Turning me around, I take a peek through my fingers seeing that he has indeed changed into a black boxy shirt, relieved I drop my hands.

Now he has a clear vision of my flushed cheeks. ‘’You’re blushing. You do like it.’’

‘’Yes, I do,’’ I admit, half pouting, half glaring at him. ‘’Now that you know, can we please talk about something else.’’

‘’Like what?’’ To me, it looks like he was trying very hard not to laugh, but at least he wasn’t pushing it anymore.

I take his wrist and pull him towards one of the chairs in front of the mirrors. ‘’Sit down.’’

Instead of sitting towards the mirror, he turns the chair so he’s facing me instead. Leaning around him I take the blow dryer and start drying his hair for him. A comfortable silence settles, the only sound coming from the dryer, almost lulling in a sense.
Since I was once more standing in between his knees, he let his arms drop down his thighs leisurely. 
Ruffling his hair around with one hand, I feel him rhythmically fidgeting with his knees, ever so often bumping against my legs softly.

Just when I am about to call him out on it, since it was seriously distracting me from the simple task, he stops all movement. I watch him, his face was relaxed, eyes closed and jaw loose, he looks like he dozed off. When he doesn’t move at all for the longest time, I stop. ‘’Oppa, are you asleep?’’

‘’Hm?’’ He opens his eyes sleepily. My heart tightens. Just moments ago he was so full of energy but as soon as he allows himself, he will look really tired. ‘’No, it just felt too nice.’’
I begin playing with his soft, fluffy hair, loving the feel of running my fingers through them. ‘’If you continue, I think I might really fall asleep.’’

I giggle softly, hearing his drowsy voice. ‘’How long will it take till everyone finishes up?’’

Rubbing his eyes, he yawns. ‘’An hour? Maybe more. Bang PD-nim is treating everyone to dinner.’’

“I’m tired, too.” His yawn is contagious. “Keeping up with everyone is really hard.”

'’Let’s go,’’ Jungkook says again. Taking me into a different room, we see Yoongi occupying one of the couches, asleep.

He walks over to an unoccupied couch and plops down, patting the seat next to him.

As soon as I sit down, he shifts and lays his head on my lap. Just because he seems to like it so much and because I have nothing else to do, I continue petting his hair, not minding at all. ‘’Once again, I find myself being your cushion.’’

His mouth quirks up and he peeks up at me with one eye. ‘’You’re the best cushion, ________.’’

‘’I feel honored.’’ I retort playfully.

Sighing in contentment, he shifts finding a more comfortable position. ‘’This really is the best way to take a nap.’’

Moved by his words, I trace my fingers over his earrings, remembering how he had liked that the last time.
Not a minute later, I look down at him to find him sleeping peacefully. Somehow I manage to remove my hoodie to cover him with it, not wanting him to catch a cold in his sleep.

It is moments such as these where I feel like I could stop time and have him rest for weeks. His beautiful face looking so at ease with no burden was the most satisfying thing to see. Like a child.

It scared me how much I cared for him already in such a short time. Is it even possible for my feelings to get deeper?

~ ~ ~

After dosing off for some time, I get woken up by a flash sound. I open my eyes just in time to see Seokjin lowering his Polaroid camera.

‘’Why do people always take pictures of us when we’re sleeping?’’ I question while rubbing at my eyes.

He puts the undeveloped Polaroid next to him on the ground. ‘’It’s because you two look so cute.’’

I shift around wanting to stretch my arms when something falls off from my shoulders straight into Jungkook’s face. I grimace and quickly lift it away from his head. When he doesn’t move or stir at all, I exhale in relief.

‘’Don’t worry, that doesn’t wake him. Most things don’t.’’

Just because I’ve heard about his stone-like sleep so many times, I poke his cheek gently. No reaction.

I poke his nose next. No reaction.

His neck. No reaction.

His lips. No reaction.

‘’This is the only way,’’ Seokjin says impatiently and pushes up from the floor to stand in front of us. ‘’Watch this, ________-ah.’’ 
He bends down and pinches Jungkook chest, I look away shocked that he was actually doing it, feeling like I was invading some kind of privacy thing.

Without looking I can feel that it actually works because Jungkook stirs from his sleep, his arm moving up to brush away Seokjin’s hand. I look at him but find his eyes still closed.

‘’See? I told you this is the only way.’’ Luckily he stops and returns to his place on the ground.

‘’Well, I would never wake him like that.’’ Jungkook’s arm settle back over his abdomen and I anew drape the hoodie over him.

‘’You two are really funny,’’ Seokjin says watching us with a smile.

‘’Why?’’

He nods towards Jungkook once. ‘’Jungkookie woke up 10 minutes ago to put that hoodie over you but now you put it back over him.’’

‘’He woke up?’’ I glance down at Jungkook, touched by his thoughtfulness.

‘’Yeah, his mother was looking for him so I woke him up.’’ His eyes drop to my hand against Jungkook’s hair. ‘’You know, we never thought Jungkook would be the first one to have a girlfriend after debut.’’

‘’After debut?’’ I raise my eyebrow at him, amused by his slip up.

‘’Uh, uh, I mean, not saying that he had one predebut, I wouldn’t know.’’ It was endearing to see the oldest one act like this, so flustered. ‘’Don’t misunderstand.’’

‘’Why did you all think like that?’’ I let it go, no need make him feel uncomfortable.

His shoulders loosen up. ‘’One reason is that he is the Maknae and the other is that he didn’t like to show his softer side. Seeing him like this with you, we’re not used to it.’’

‘’Somehow, I can’t imagine him not being like this. It feels so natural.’’

‘’That’s all you, ________.’’Seokjin reaches for his phone when he gets a Kakaotalk notification. ‘’Oh, Jungkookie’s father is here.’’
I had wondered before why I only saw his mother, but didn’t ask because I didn’t want to be nosy.
‘’________-ie, do me a favor and wake Jungkook up.’’ He stands up and is out the door before I can say anything.

Wake him? How? I don’t want to use Seokjin’s method. Maybe tickling will work…..

I shake my head. Whenever, I poked my fingers into his sides it never seemed to tickle him.

Ah, his nape.

Reaching under his head, just as before I massage the back of his neck. Abruptly, he coils up and moves sideways in reflex, falling off the couch onto his knees.

Looking around disoriented, eyes droopy, he blinks in confusion. Then he spots me and smiles.

Yes, it is definitely possible to fall even more.



~~~
.....just so you know, thursday is the day I will shovel a hole and lie in it... 3 songs which means 3 new choreographies.... orz