Recharging

For You

image

Originally posted by jeonsshi

It wasn’t that bad. That was probably because the boys were being dorks most of the time, especially Namjoon, which surprised me because as a leader I thought he would have a no policy.

I still am not able to handle Jungkook’s charismatic expression whenever he dances and to be honest he was a distraction more than anything. Jungkook had actually pulled me away and then called for Yoongi for the solo rap part and he had actually done it, blowing me away with his strong charisma.

All in all, they are truly amazing and really funny people to be around.

“Wuah, really awesome.” Taehyung whirls in my direction while clapping his hands excitedly.

“Really, really amazing.” Hoseok praises me as well with two thumbs up.

Flattered and flustered from all the attention, I bow deeply. “Thank you.”

Jungkook having kept his arm around me pats my back encouragingly.

“She’s even better than Jin-Hyung,” Jimin says making Jin stare at him bewildered.

“But I do agree, I’m speechless. Although, you won’t be able to beat this.” Seokjin proceeds to throw his arms out straight then diagonal, reminding me of a police officer stepping in for the traffic lights.

“Did you used to have dance lessons when you were younger?” Taehyung asks me.

Before I can answer, Jungkook motions for me to sit back down. “Hm, my mother was my ballet teacher, so I had that for many years and then I switched to dancing classes a few years ago.” His head snaps to me at the mention of my mother but I give him a reassuring smile.

“No wonder, your posture is great. Namjoon-ah, you should get some ballet lessons.” Tauntingly, Hoseok wiggles his eyebrows.

“Ya, I’m tall, that’s different.”

“________ is tall, too.” Taehyung says.

“She is almost as tall as Jiminie-Hyung.” Jungkook joins in with a teasing voice.

I slap his leg for indirectly making fun of Jimin. “Not at all, what are you talking about?” He jumps from the sting and I press my lips together sheepishly.

“Are there any dance covers you know?” Hoseok questions curiously.

“I thought you only wanted a ‘sneak peek’.” He chuckles at my defensive response. “But no this is the first cover I’ve learned.”

“Somehow I have a feeling you’re really good at remembering choreography.” Jimin muses aloud. “Jungkook-ah, show her the point dances.”

Jungkook regards me with a raise of his eyebrow asking me if I’m up to it. I shrug and nod my head, why not. I already feel very comfortable around them and they truly broke the glass by making me do the cover with them.
“What song?” He speaks into the room not knowing which one to start with.

“I need you!”, “Jjeoreo!”, “War of hormones!”, “Bulletproof!” They all throw their suggestions into the room, but at Hoseok’s one Jungkook takes a threatening step in his direction.

“How can you even suggest that?” Astounded, he chastises him. “Don’t even think about it.” Hoseok being the smiley face, he only laughs cutely.

“Why, what’s wrong with 'Bulletproof’?”

“It’s nothing.” He says quietly, grinning to himself.

“I need you!” Hoseok suggests once more.

Jungkook motions for me to stand up. “I need you, what part?”

“Point dance!” Jimin throws in a smile on his face.

“~I need you girl, you’re beautiful~” I mouth the words as he sings the lyrics of the chorus while doing a special rendition of the body wave. “~I need you girl, you’re so cold~”

“Oh, that was cool.” It was more than just 'cool’, to be honest it was a little sensual the way his body moves to fluidly, I couldn’t look at him directly. When I look at his face in the mirror I see him smirking, he probably knew.

“~I need you girl~” This time I move next to him and imitate what he’s doing. “~You’re beautiful~”
“~I need you girl, you’re so-.” Jungkook suddenly stops singing and grabs my arm mid-body wave, throwing me off completely. “Ah, hold on.”

“Why? Am I doing it wrong?” I move to do the point dance just to see but Jungkook holds onto my shoulders preventing me from doing so. I look up at him confused.

“It’s not wrong, it’s just—” He looks away from me at the boys but I keep my eyes on him patiently waiting for him to continue. “Just don’t do the dance, let’s move on to the next one, OK?”

Still befuddled why he was reacting like this, I nod my head as he turns me to face mirror once more. Now, I can see that the boys were silently laughing about something with knowing grins on their faces.

“War of hormones,” Jungkook says gaining my attention.

“War of hormone?” I can’t help but grin in amusement. “I have a feeling I know what the song is about.”

“~Hello, hello…. Hello, hello, tell me what you want right now~” I watch him do it while bobbing my head to his singing. “~Hello, hello,… Hello, hello, Imma give it to you girl right now~” I try to follow his lead but end up only doing the general idea of the dance.
“~You’re not mine, but you’re the best~”

Jungkook doesn’t dance for this part only moving his arms articulately as he sings the lyrics which cause me to crack up.
“~You’re body twists in front of me~” I push against his arm swallowed up in my own hilarity at the lyrics, he too cracks a smile but continues to deliver. “~I want to approach you, you’re so beautiful~”

“~Women are the best gift~” When he starts to dance again, I’m totally not prepared as he gives a thumbs up and slides sideways complicatedly. Or I was just not paying attention.

“~somburiya, somburiya~” Taehyung surprises me by singing a small part.

“~My wish is only you~” Then Jungkook does the same slide move this time in my direction and I step away to give him some space.

“~Only you, only you~” I look at Seokjin who had also sung a small part.

Out of now, ere Jungkook is standing very close to me, towering over me. “~If it’s you, I’m OK. I can’t control myself~” He sings to me with a playful smile, looking directly into my eyes making me blush.
“~You look best in front, best from behind~” Even though the song was rather mischievous, I was charmed by the lyrics. “~From head to toe, you’re the best~”

Clapping my hands impressed as always, I make a small cheering sound. “Ooh, this song really makes a girl’s heart melt.”

He snickers and pulls me to the center of the floor once more. “Did it?”

“Of course, 'woman are the best gift’, how can a girl not like hearing that.” I say lightheartedly, teasing him a bit. “The dance is great, too. But it looks difficult.”

“No, it isn’t.” I give him the side eye. “I’m serious, it’s not difficult at all.”

“If Jin-hyung can do it then you can do it, too.” Taehyung encourages me. Seokjin on the other hand looks really offended, but doesn’t give a comment.

“Just watch me,” Jungkook instructs with a warm smile and slows down the beat. “’~Hello, hello….~” My gaze glued to his movement I follow his lead as he dances in a slower pace this time. “~….right now. Hello, hello…~”

“What?!” Taehyung shouts loudly from the back breaking my focus as I jump in surprise.

“You scared me.” I hold a hand to my fast beating heart.

“Ignore him, he’s an idiot,” Jungkook speaks the last part to my ear so only I can hear. “2, 3, hello, hello….”

Suddenly, he claps excitedly. “Good job. Good job.”

“You’re just saying that.” I look at him accusingly.

“He’s right, you can pick up dances really quick.” Hoseok says also impressed and clapping silently.

Thanks to their encouraging words, I manage to learn it after he slows down the steps. “Ya, really incredible.”

Bashful, I mock bow to him. “Thank you, Jungkook-Teacher.”

“Now for 'Dope’” Jimin says standing up. “Let’s do it together, ________ you’ll watch.” He moves and takes a stool, putting it near the mirror.

“I really like 'Dope’” When I sit down on the stool and I find that it moves, I fall back into the habit of spinning left and right. “I really liked the saxophone parts.”

“The dance,” Seokjin sighs loudly, he bends down and brings me the seal pillow. “Is really fast. It’s the fastest dance I’ve ever seen.”

“He says that all the time.” Jungkook touches my shoulder and spins me around slowly. “You’d think he’d stop by now, since it’s almost been a year.”

I poke at his stomach mid spin. “Be nice, everyone has something they’re not good at, including you.”

“He can do anything, his nickname is Golden Maknae.”

“Golden Maknae? That’s cute.” I coo at Jungkook. “Should I call you Golden Oppa, now?”

“You can call me what you want.”

I narrow one brow at him. “Anything that I want? How about….”

“ert!” I look at Jimin, shocked to hear his suggestion.

“Huh? Did you say 'ert’?” I look up at Jungkook swiftly, who was standing very still with his hand on my back looking at the ceiling with his lips pursed in disbelief. “Why 'ert?”

“________, you don’t use fragrances, right?” I move my head from left to right once, frowning at his sudden questioning. “Our makdongie is really sensitive to scents. He collects cosmetics and candles that smell nice.” He lifts up a finger. “And he likes to touch our butts.”

I wait for more, but Jimin has already closed his mouth awaiting my reaction. “Ey, that’s it?” Now, it’s my turn to look at him in disbelief. “I thought it was going to be something scary. As long as he’s not just randomly touching people’s butts on the streets.”

“Heol, nothing can rile her up.” Jimin looks at me in astonishment.

Taehyung moves to his side and pats his back comfortingly. “Jimin-ah, your attempt was weak anyway.”

“Ya, are we going to dance 'Dope’ or what?” Namjoon steps in. “I need to go back soon.”

Everyone except Namjoon vacates the dance floor waiting on the sides. “Jungkook-ah.” He calls for him to get into position.

I nod towards Namjoon. “Go, Golden Oppa.” He smiles from ear to ear and pats my head once, then moves to stand behind Namjoon facing the wall.

“Welcome, it’s your first time with Bangtan, right?”

The music starts playing, the familiar sound filling the room. “~Ayo, ladies and gentlemen~” When Jungkook turns around and does his intro, I can’t help but smile at once, already fascinated by the way he his switch. The closer he walks with his eyes kept on mine, the more butterflies gather in my stomach.
“~It’s my style, ayo~” He point at me and winks, then walks off to the side as Jimin comes to the center. How to recover from that?

I move my upper body to the funky music and suddenly they all come from different sides and jump into their position.
I can only stare in amazement as they move their body, their shoes on the floor creating loud noises, because they were so in sync.

“~Jjeoreo, jjeoreo, jjeoreo!~” Three of them step to the side again as Hoseok flawlessly performs his part, making me go 'wow’ when he does his arm wave.

Then, as everyone joins back in, Yoongi once more impresses me with his charismatic and fierce rapping. They part ways for Taehyung’s part and to me it looks like two splitting waves on each side.
Even though it was his solo part, as Jungkook was also standing in the front it was proving very hard for me not to get distracted since his eyes had never wavered from mine.

“~I don’t wanna say yes, I don’t wanna yes~” I mouth the words and smile while bouncing along. Seokjin does his part and I cheer for him especially, clapping my hands encouragingly.

“~Cause we got fire~” Jungkook moves to the front with a fluid twist, his eyes cheeky. “~Higher, we gotta make it, gotta, gotta make it~”
“~Jjeoreo!~” Having Jungkook in the center was making it very hard for me behave normally. But when he does the swift and powerful hand moves with his head sideways looking really adorable, I don’t know how to react. He was too close.

“~Follow me, follow me~” They do a kick and then proceed to bounce their head cutely, I giggle and cover the lower half of my face with the pillow. “~Be my slave~”

They jump to move their legs further apart and the next thing I know seven guys are doing the hip in my direction.

I squeeze my eyes shut and squeal into the pillow. I was getting more than just flustered. I open one eye cautiously and see that they weren’t doing that anymore, but Jungkook was grinning from my reaction.
“~Follow me~” Their swift feet movements make my jaw drop in amazement.

It’s Namjoon’s part next and because he keeps pulling funny faces, I laugh, entertained. During all of this, even tough I was trying to look at Namjoon because it was his part, Jungkook’s intense staring and little facial expressions were distracting me.

They do the wave thing again for Taehyung’s part and I mimic as much of the moves as I can on the stool.

But when the chorus part comes around, I groan and look at the ceiling. “Ah, not that part again.” Trying not to, I fail and am unable to divert my attention from Jungkook.

“Ya, she is only looking at Jungkookie.” Hoseok teases me, half screaming, and I close my eyes and laugh at myself for being so obvious.

“Ya, who else would she look at?” Yoongi throws in from the side, furthermore making me crack up. The music drops.

“~This is Bangtan style~” Jimin looks at me fiercely and comes at me making me gasps. “~All those whacks are lies~”

Then he retreats and Jungkook steps up. “~This is the hustle life~” He looks at me with his head sideways, smiling cutely. He winks. “~I gotta make you fire, baby~”

Jimin and Jungkook repeat their parts, then move to different positions and jump into slow hip trusts once more. My eyes widen. How did I miss this the first time?

Since I was already called out for it, I keep my eyes on Jungkook. Noticing this, he arches his eyebrow and gives me those provocative looks.

“~Say what? Jjeoreo, jjeoreo, jjeoreo. Jjeoreo!~” The saxophone accommodates them as they do their ending pose, and only as the music ends can I hear that they were breathing heavily.

“How was it?” They drop their poses and face my way.

“Wuah, I’m blown away.” I fan my face with my hands, my expression incredulous. “You are guys are really incredible. You kept insinuating that Seokjin-ssi was a bad dancer. But I couldn’t see that at all.”

“Ha!” Seokjin mocks them all.

Jimin walks over to his side. “Ah, Hyung, she wasn’t even looking at you.”

Jungkook walk back over to me after having gotten himself a bottle of water. I watch him pour some water into his open mouth without touching the lid, gulping it down, his face is covered with a thin layer of sweat.

“Ah, right. You were only looking at Jungkookie.” Hoseok jumps back to that topic and I laugh sheepishly.

A bottle of water is held in from of me, I lean back taken a back and look up at Jungkook. “I haven’t seen you drink anything since you came.”

I smile thankfully and take the bottle from him. “Thank you.”

“Oh, our Jungkookie is growing up so well.” Their teasing shifts to him. I wish.

“But back to you ________,” I throw my head back. Of course, Hoseok wouldn’t leave it at that. “Your eyes were glued to him.”

I just go with it shamelessly, not giving him a chance to taunt me. “Ah, of course. Who else would I look at?”

“Handsome, right?” Jimin joins in giving me a knowing look.

“Yes.” I admit lightheartedly, amused by their show of affection for Jungkook.

“Charismatic, right?” Taehyung lower voice comes from next to Jungkook, his arms over his shoulder.

I hide behind my bottle of water, starting to get warm again. “Hm, yes.”

“y, right?”

Before I can even say anything, Namjoon points at me from the back, stating the obvious. “She’s blushing.”

This, of course, makes everyone focus on me even more. I cover my face with the pillow. “Did you see the way she reacted when we did that one dance move.”

“No, she only reacted that way because Jungkook did that.”

“Are you saying we weren’t y at all?”

“I don’t find you y at all.”

“That’s because you’re not ARMY.”

My shoulders shake from laughing so much, they really are a hilarious bunch, arguing over this.

I find Hoseok looking at me expectantly. “Ah, really, so annoying,” I say with a whiny voice so he wouldn’t take it seriously.

“I’m still waiting, Miss _______.” He wiggles his eyebrows.

“Aigoo, I get it.” I ultimately give in and say the things that he’s expecting me to. “Jungkook-Oppa is handsome, charismatic and manly,” I say instead of calling him y, I find him more manly.

“Not y?” Jungkook unexpectedly comments shamelessly, as he does his eyebrow thing.

“Ah, ya, not you, too.” Just to get it over with since my face was already on fire, I also put that on the list.
“Aigoo, Oppa is reaaaaally,” I drag out the word in exaggeration. “y.”

Everyone around me goes crazy as they scream their excitement and since they can’t hit me they hit Jungkook, barreling down on his back. “She called you y!”

I just laugh and watch them have fun as Jungkook smiles like he’s the happiest kid ever.

~ ~ ~

image

(gif credit)

“You don’t have to bring me, it’s not far.”

“It’s OK, I want to.” Hand in hand, we walk down the street towards the subway station. We walk in comfortable silence with me looking up at the stars.

Jungkook clears his throat. I look at him expecting him to say something, but when he opens his mouth he starts to sing softly into the silent night.

“~Then take this song out and eat it like chocolate~” I recognize the words from that night, he didn’t forget even though I did. “~Even if you’re tired, make sure you eat breakfast and lunch. Then I’ll complement later~”

The quality of his voice is just breathtaking, sweet yet soulful, he sings himself right into my heart.

“~I miss you, I like you a lot, I want to hug you more~” I smile at the lyrics. Suddenly, right before we enter the busier streets he stops and moves me, so we face each other. “~Love, love, it’s like love~”

My heart skips a beat at that word, as his eyes bore into mine with clear affection. My breath catches.

“~Maybe I really love you~”

Jungkook’s melodic voice trails off into the night, his eyes continuing to look right into mine, left to right and back. He lifts his hands to cradle my face, for one second looking determined then the next he looks nervous. “Can I kiss you?”

At first I thought I didn’t hear correct, the nerves must have gotten to me because the next thing that comes out of my mouth makes me want to hit myself.
“But you haven’t even asked me to be your girlfriend, yet.” As soon I stupidly blurt those words out, I gasp and cover my lips with my fingers.

Jungkook looks taken a back for a moment, then a soft amused smile replaces that. “I haven’t, have I?” He sighs loudly and releases my face putting an arm around my shoulder, he leads the way. Not knowing if it was a good or a bad thing, I keep quiet.

“Will you be back?” He peeks at me hopeful.

I shove my hands into my pockets feeling like I just ruined everything. “The next few days, I have to catch up on school work and study.”

“What about the weekend?”

“Are you even in the company during weekends?”

“Hm, we have a lot to prepare for.” He ruffles his hair. “There is no difference between week days and weekends for us.”

From the side with him looking straight ahead he suddenly appears tired more than ever. My heart once more breaks for him and the others. “I’ll be there.” I smile at him sweetly, trying to cheer him up. “What do you want to eat? I’ll be the delivery girl again.”

“Don’t spend your money on us.”

“But it makes me happy, since food makes people happy, you know. I want to.”

Jungkook chuckles softly. “Just bring whatever, we like everything.”

“Oppa, that makes it even worse. I’ll end up bringing everything.” I frown thinking of all the things I could buy. “Just tell me.”

He messes up my hair while he snickers, this time louder. “We really like fried food.”

“Well, that narrows is down to a bunch.” I mutter under my breath sarcastically.

Laughing, since he obviously heard, he stops and I notice that we’ve arrived at the subway station, just sideways where there weren’t as many onlookers. “Call or message me when you get home, alright?”

His thoughtfulness never fails to warm my heart. “Eoh.”

Smiling down at me warmly, he bites his lip and after a short moment of hesitation he bends down facing his cheek my way. Understanding, I feel coy all of sudden. 
Patiently waiting for me, he grins when I put my hands on his shoulders and finally give him a peck on his cheek. Pulling back, I look away shyly, the blood rushing up to my face.
“Ya,” he makes the word sound cute. “That’s also a great way to recharge.”

I press the back of my fingers to my heated face in an attempt to cool down and release some tension in my cheeks from grinning so much.

Taking a step toward me, he pushes a strand of hair away from my face. “I’ll see you on the weekend.”

I nod my head up and down, promising to be there. “See you, Oppa. Don’t forget to eat your meals.”

Let the pinching commence. “Do you want me to get fat?”

“That’s not it, if you don’t eat, your muscles will leave you.” I say, poking fun at his built.

“Ah, you’re really adorable.” What he doesn’t know though is, in that moment his face was the cutest thing to me. “Go, it’s late.”

“Eoh, bye, Oppa.” I walk a few steps backwards.

“Don’t forget to call.” Jungkook reminds me, while waving with both his arms exasperatingly.

“I will.” I face forward but can’t help looking over my shoulder repeatedly.

As soon as I near the stairs leading to the underground subway, I lose sight of him. The emptiness of missing him replacing any fluttery feeling in an instant.



~~~

''''WINGS" will talk about the conflicts and growth of youths as they face temptation..''
temptation? hahahaha nope I am not going to survive this... also I don't think I'm going to survive waking up for the music shows.. especially Inkigayo....
TT

Funny stroy: I totally forgot about the cheek kiss, like I forgot that I wrote this myself so when I was editing earlier, I went ‘OMGGGGG IM SCREAMING, WHEN DID I WRITE THIS, MISSION ABORT’

Anyway, this one was more about getting to know Bangtan and getting closer to them ^^ again thx for reading!