Happy

For You

image

image

(gif credit x;x)

Poke, poke.

Poke, poke.

What kind of annoying dream is that?

Poke, poke.

I hear someone laughing lowly. Jungkook?

Poke, poke.

Slowly, I realize that it’s not a dream but that someone was actually poking my cheek gently. Opening my heavy lids, I find myself half lying on top of the table where I must have fallen asleep.

“I always find you asleep.” Jungkook places his hand on top of my head affectionately.

Still half sleeping, I yawn sitting up straight. “Sorry, I don’t know how I’m always so tired.”

“It’s OK, it’s cute,” I watch his smile widen. “Especially because you were irritated a second ago.”

“Me?” I rub the tiredness away from my eyes. “Probably because you kept poking my face.”

“I didn’t know how else to wake you.” I stand up, stretching my limbs. “Why didn’t you lie down in bed?”

“I didn’t mean to fall asleep.” I laugh at myself. “Doesn’t that make me seem lazy? I’m always sleeping.”

“Well, you did manage to keep up with Jiminie-Hyung and Tae-Hyung.” Jungkook’s soft smile is always able to make my breath catch. How is he so stunning?

After finishing the last shoot of the day, Taehyung had pushed us into the pool and we ended up having a water fight. Lovely, right. Well, it was quite fun. “It’s fascinating how much energy they have.”

“They don’t.” He sits down on the chair next to me looking at the sketches I’ve drawn before I fell asleep. “They use it up all at once and then they crash.”

“Are they sleeping now?” I look at my phone which was still quietly playing music, pressing the home button. “Oh, I have to leave soon.”

“Ah, I always have so little time with you.” I glance over at him seeing him patting his own head regretfully.

“It’s not a bad thing. I think if I had to see you all the time, I’d get annoyed by your face.” Glaring, he moves in to tickle me. “Wait, wait, Oppa. Don’t you agree? The little time that we get to be together, makes the heart grow fonder.”

“Ah, so wise.” Picking up a pencil, Jungkook starts to sketch on a blank paper.

“What’s wise about that?” Watching him draw for a bit I then continue my draft as well, his concentrated face as he nibbles on his lips was endearing.
“Who won?” They had all retreated to a conference room to film a small video, playing games and having to do a punishment, which led to me falling asleep in his hotel room.

“No one really, we were kinda just messing around.” Jungkook shoots me cute smile. “But I was the best, of course.”

“Of course.” I mock him. “Indeed the Golden Maknae who loves playing games. At the arcade, too, Oppa, you kept winning.”

Putting on a smug face, Jungkook pats his chest cockily. “That’s me.”
Laughing at his dorkiness, we fall into comfortable silence, with the music playing softly. I sigh and look at my sketch from different angles. Somehow it just didn’t look right.  “That’s Tae-Hyung, right?”

“Hm, but I feel like his eyes aren’t quite right.” The more I stare at it, the worse it gets.

“I thought you said that you won’t draw him.” Taehyung had asked me to sketch him for once and after he lost in Rock, Paper, Scissors, I had still promised him I would.

“I promised.” I really felt the urge to just start all over again, the eyes are the hardest for me to sketch, it’s a hit or miss. “This won’t do, I’ll have to look at Tae-Oppa some more.”

When I stand up, Jungkook’s hand firmly holds onto my wrist. “No, don’t.”

“Why? Ah, right. They’re sleeping.” Plopping back down I run my hands through my still slightly damp hair. “I need to draw something else, or this is going to haunt me.”

“________-ie, you’re quite the perfectionist.” Jungkook starts to draw something on the back of my hand having pulled back the sleeves of the too big hoodie he had given me.

“Not usually. It’s just because I promised so I want it to be perfect.” Thinking of the hoodie, I had discovered that Jungkook was an avid fan of Iron Man.
Looking for a new blank sheet of paper, I start to sketch anew. After a while, Jungkook returns to drawing on his paper instead of my hand and when I take a glance, I notice that he’s written something on there, lopsided.

“‘I love you’.” Only after I’ve read it aloud do I realize what I’ve actually read, and get warm and fuzzy both inside and outside. My cheeks flame up. “Ah, what the?”

I hear him snicker softly while reaching out to pat my hair. “It’s genuine, ________-ie.”

“I know, Oppa. You just always throw me off guard.”

“Then I’ll have to say it more.”

“I’m pretty sure I’ll never get used to it.”

Jungkook’s clasps my face in between his hands. “You look like a tomato.”

“Thank you for that.” Attentively I look at his face, he had washed his make-up off and it was definitely my favorite look. “Oppa, your skin has cleared up.”

“You noticed?” He takes a hand mirror from the table and analyses his skin, all the while making funny faces. “My skin has been acting up lately.”

“What’s the reason?” I pick up sketching again, my gaze flicking over to him every once in a while. “Is it because of stress?”

“Hm, could be. In the past, I always broke out because of the make-up.”

“Oh, really?” I was more surprised to hear it than I should. “Is it because you’re wearing it for so long?”

“That too, my skin is quite sensitive, so there are some products I’m allergic to.”

I frown, sad to hear that. “Is that also one of the reasons why you collect cosmetics?”

“Eoh.” Finished vainly checking himself out, Jungkook now gives me his full attention, leaning close to scan my face. I wonder if he can see my pulse pounding heavily, that’s how close he was. “________, your skin is really pretty.”

“My skin is really pretty?” I lean away because I was starting to get flustered again by his intense gaze. “How can someone’s skin be pretty?”

“It’s possible because it’s yours.”

“Ow, really.” I give him a playful revolted look. “Jeon Jungkook, you’re not the Golden Maknae, golden flatterer is more like it.”

“Only for you.” Lifting his hand, he uses the back of his forefinger to my cheek. “Woah, so soft. Do you do anything special?”

“Mhm…. Nope, just the regular skin care.” I was thinking hard about what might help him with his skin when he suddenly moves in to kiss my cheek. Taken aback, I peer at him. “Why all of a sudden?”

“Noona!” I stare at him like he’d gone crazy. “Noona!”

“What are you….?”

Jungkook’s voice is whiny and loud, so unlike himself. “Noona, you’re always drawing, please play with me.”

“Huh? Play?” I was so confused in that moment. “Play what?”

“Anything. But first,” grinning widely, he opens up his arms. “A hug for an old friend.”

“Ah, ya!” I push his arms away once I realize what he’s doing, no wonder it all seemed so familiar. Jungkook was mimicking Minhyuk.

“Noona!” Not being able to conceal it, he bursts into light laughter. “I think I’ll be like that from now on.”

“Can I slap you, Oppa?” To me it was not funny at all, it’s a scary thought that he could be like this.

“Do it.” I was joking actually and I tell him that. “No, try it.”

“What? You want me to slap you? For real?” When he nods his head, I frown. “How could I?”

He holds out one cheek. “It’s OK, I can take it.”

“But I don’t even want to.”

“If you do it, I’ll stop annoying you.”

“Promise?” I wasn’t planning to slap him hard.

“Promise.” Holding out his pinky finger, I curl mine around his in a promise.

Still, this just feels weird. “Somehow this is just weird, I don’t even have a reason.”

“Noona, you promised.” Or maybe there is one.

Glaring at him to stop, I wait until he has settled down from laughing and then ask him to close his eyes. In my own head, I count to three and then ever so gently pat his cheek.

“Was that supposed to be a kiss?” Jungkook opens an eye to glance at me.

“Nope, that was my type of a slap.”

“That’s how you slap people?”

“I don’t, that’s the thing, I’ve never had to which is good.” I check the time once more. “My brother is going to be here soon.”

“Noona! Don’t go!”

Looking at him in bewilderment since he was starting again, I stand up and shake his shoulders, his head and hair bobbling cutely. “Oppa, you promised!” 
Laughing loudly, his face crunching the way I loved it the most, he then wraps his arms around my hip and hugs me with his cheek against my stomach. There goes my heartbeat racing off into the distance. And there is no denying he can feel and hear it.
I begin playing with his hair in hopes to calm down. “Please don’t ever act like Minhyuk, there is a reason why you’re my boyfriend and he never will be.”

“What is the reason?”

“One, he’s not my style. Two,” interrupting me for a second, Jungkook positions me so I’m standing between his legs and nudges me down onto his thigh.
Blushing even though it’s not the first time, I try to continue. “Two…, he doesn’t know me anymore. The ________ from years ago and me now, are not the same anymore...”

“Is there more?” I guess he was starting to get sleepy because his voice was getting really soft, probably because I was still playing with his hair.

“It’s simple, really.” When I don’t continue, Jungkook glances up at me. “Oppa is the one I fell for.” I tap his nose with my finger because he’s just adorable when he’s sleepy. He looks younger and fluffier.

“Aigoo, making my flutter like this.” The smile he gives me is just so breathtaking, and as always I wonder how lucky I am.
His beautiful round eyes solely focused on me, I can only gaze right back, mesmerized. I’m sure I could do that for hours and still feel the same.

Ding dong.

Reluctantly, we look away from each other towards the door. “Who would ring the doorbell? Doesn’t Jin-Oppa have a card as well?”

“He does.” Patting my lower back once, he stands the both of us on our feet and then walks over to the door. “It’s room service.”

“Did you order food?” I sit back in my chair and go to finish the sketch before I have to leave.

“No.” But Jungkook opens the door anyway and lets the person push the cart in. I hear him thanking the carter in Japanese then closes the door. Taehyung’s sketch I’ll have to finish up later and maybe study some of his pictures, maybe I’ll get it right then.
“________.” Jungkook’s voice is right next to me, which startles me because I thought he was still standing next to the cart.

I look up at him, putting my pencil down. “Mhm?”

He holds out his hands, that had been behind his back, revealing a bouquet of roses. Red and white roses are beautifully and skillfully wrapped in a round bouquet. Subconsciously, I stand up looking at Jungkook in awe.

“Happy 100th Day, ________-ie.” I don’t know if he realizes just how-out-of-this-world beautiful he looks right now holding the flowers. “Although we didn’t get to spend every day together, the moments that we had together will always stay in my heart.”

Talk about a way to make me swoon. He always finds new ways to make me speechless. “Oppa, I—, wow.” See, I didn’t even know what I wanted to say. But nonetheless, the tears are coming.

“Take them.” Seeing his encouraging lovely smile, I peer at the roses and gingerly take them from his hands. “Do you like them?”

“Yes, I do.” Two of my favorite colors, mixed together formed such a romantic message. They also smelled lovely. I wonder if there is a special meaning behind this choice. “Really, thank you so much, Oppa. It's a first for me, receiving a bouquet of flowers.”

I know how much Jungkook had liked it when I said that about the earrings he gave me as a gift. “I’m glad you like them, I’m sorry I wish I could do more on this special day.”

Glancing up from the flowers, I see him scratching the back of his head, sheepishly and regretfully. Not liking his expression, since this was more than I’d ask for, I wrap an arm loosely around his neck and push up on my toes to give him a peck. “No, Oppa, this is more than enough. When did you organize all of this?”
Beaming at him, I take his arm and walk over to the cart. “Oppa?” I call him when he doesn’t respond.

“Huh? Oh, I arranged everything after you left that day. But ________-ie,” Jungkook turns me around to face him. “Aren’t you even the least bit disappointed?”

“No. Why would I be? If so then only because I didn’t prepare anything for you.”

When I look down at the roses and touch the soft petals, Jungkook puts his finger under my chin. “________, you’re really special, you know that?”

“Funny, that’s what I always think about you, Oppa.” Finally, I watch as the corners of his mouth lift up in a soft yet radiant smile, his eyes portraying the same.

Since his worries seemed to be settled, I turn back around and look at the big dome plate cover. “What’s under there?”

I feel his two arms wrap around my stomach, his chin leisurely resting on my shoulder. “Open it.”

Placing the bouquet carefully to the side, I lift the lid curiously and gasp. “Wuah, it’s pretty.” My eyes roam around the many cupcakes. “Why are the words so messed up though?”

“It’s a game for you. A puzzle.”

“Ah… Oh, that’s cute.” I lift one cupcake that has a cute bunny on it and then spot a butterfly on another cupcake. “Jungkook-Oppa and I.”
Putting those on the top spot as I start to rearrange. “’Jung', ’Kook', ah, a heart.” I place the heart cake in between our names.
It takes me a good minute or more to figure out the puzzle. But when I do, I look at the masterpiece proudly. “'Jungkook heart ________, Happy 100th Day, I Love You’. It’s so pretty that I don’t want to eat it.”

Lifting his head from my shoulder, he takes something from under the cart that I hadn’t even noticed. A high tech camera.  "I borrowed this from our photographer.“

Taking it as he offers me the camera, I turn the heavy device around. "Weren’t you worried that the waiter might steal it.”

“The waiter was Jimin-Hyung.”

My head twists toward him. “Really, I didn’t even notice.”

“That was the point.”

“Ya, Oppa, you really planned everything so well.” I focus back on the camera, making sure to be careful. “And I didn’t even prepare anything.”

“You being here is enough.” Seeing me struggle, Jungkook takes the camera and shows me how to use it.

Paying attention to his explanation, I then try it out and take a picture looking into the lens. “Should we give some to the guys?” I refer to the cupcakes as I take several snapshots of them.

“Later, I want you to myself now.”

I laugh nervously, his words making my insides tingle. “Oppa, how can you say that so easily?”

“It’s the truth.” Wrapping his arms around the front of my neck, he pulls me into his chest. “I’m possessive like that.”

“Oh, is that you being possessive?” I snort. “Cute.” Turning the camera around, I aim the lens at us. “Do you think this is in frame?”

“Mhm,” reaching out, Jungkook lifts the camera a bit. “This should do.”

“Let’s see.” Counting down I take a shot and check to see if we were both in frame.

“You must love me a lot, I’m the only one in the picture, ________-ie.” He says with a laugh.

Laughing myself, I push my elbow into his rips. “Be quiet, you’re distracting me.”

Before I can even hold out the camera again, Jungkook moves in and nuzzles his nose against my neck.

Startled, I squirm from the ticklish feeling and shriek for him to stop. “Oppa!” Patting his arm which was keeping me imprisoned, I giggle when he doesn’t stop for a while. “I’ll drop the camera if you keep it up.”
Quitting in an instant, I laugh wondering if he’s destroyed something that was the company’s before. “That makes you stop?”

“Yeah,” Jungkook says with a guilty expression. Letting it go, I count to three and take another picture.

“Oh, this one is nice and you’re even smiling, Oppa.” I’ve seen the selfies that he posts on Bangtan’s social media and he’s almost always smiling with that gritted teeth and contorted face look or the kissy face. “You rarely do.”

“It’s reserved for special people.”

I feign being shocked and cover my mouth turning around to stare at him. “ARMYs aren’t special? Ya, how can you, Jeon Jungkook!”

“I’ll do it more from now on.” Chuckling, he taps my nose. “But then I’ll have so many special girls in my life.”

Putting the camera down, I ignore the last part. “You should, your smile is beautiful.”

“Ya,” Jungkook says lowly in disbelief. “You really don’t get jealous.”

“It’s probably because I only ever hear you talking about girls, it would probably be different if I were to see you interacting with them.” Probably not, but you never know.

“How come I always see you with guys?”

I glance at his accusing expression. “Bangtan already has six males, it’s hard not to when I’m with you.”

“What about Minhyuk then?”

“Ah, ya, will stop with Minhyuk.” I slap his arm harder than I intended to, a little bit riled up. “I never liked him and I never will.”

“Don’t let him hear that it will break his heart.” This boy really, now he’s feeling compassionate. I push him away and walk around him towards my phone to find that my brother had messaged me.

'________-ah, I’m still at work, sorry about that. are you still at the hotel?'

I frown, he’s been staying in longer than he should.

'yes, I am. why do you have to work so late again?'

'it’s something I have to finish up, probably an hour more'

“Everything all right?” Jungkook questions me.

“Yeah, it’s just my brother is still at work.”

'have you had dinner yet?'

'does ramen count?'

I send him a disapproving emoticon.

'don’t be like that, I’ll be there soon'

“It’s already late, though,” Jungkook notes.

“Yeah. He says he will be an hour more until he can leave, well, he thinks.” Walking over to the bedside table I connect my phone to the charger, playing music had taken a toll on the battery.

“Does that mean you’ll stay here tonight?” Hearing his playful tone, I shoot him a look.

“Are you crazy?” Seeing him laugh, I myself cannot stay serious and grin as well. “If it gets too late I’ll just get a taxi.”

Jungkook walks over to the other side of the bed and pulls back the covers to plop down, yawning. “Are you sure you can’t stay?”

I grab the pillow and climb on the bed so I could get to him faster and hit him with the pillow repeatedly. “How can you tell a girl to stay the night at a hotel with a boy?”
Only raising his arms to block any direct hit, I can hear him laughing. “Jeon Jungkook, I thought you were a gentleman.”

Chuckling, he gets a hold of my wrists, keeping them still. “________, don’t forget I’m also a man.”

“Ah, what are you saying?” I look at him in bewilderment. My heart pounding by the underlying meaning of his words. I was blushing, I could feel it and I’m pretty he could see it.

“Why? It’s the truth.” Jungkook throws more hay into the fire, his smirk making it worse.

“Ah, what the heck!” I move away from him climbing off the bed, clinging the pillow to my chest. “How do you suppose I’m ever going to—”

The sound of my Kakaotalk going off interrupts me. Walking over to the bedside table I take my phone and see that it’s Lee.

'________-ah, what are you doing?'

'I’m at the hotel'

The next thing I know she’s sending me several suggestive emoticons.

'ah ya, you’re just like Joon'

'sorry to disappoint but that was him'

'oh, you’re with him'

As an answer, she video calls me. “Ah, I don’t want to.”

“Hm?” Jungkook sounds sleepy, it always amazes me how quickly the switch could be turned from active to half asleep.

“It’s nothing.” Not wanting to disturb him, I decline the call and explain to Lee. I sit down on the bed and lean my back against the headboard, glad that this room had so many pillows.

“________-ie.” I shift to look at his still form, only his mouth was moving, his words almost inaudible. “You can watch TV if you want.”

“I don’t think I’ll understand it though.” I had learned Japanese before, but learning and actually being able to understand it when native people speak it is different. Anyhow, I look around searching for the control and find it on his bedside table. As it looks like he’s already fallen asleep, I scoot over trying not to move the bed too much, then lean across him to take the control.
An arm wraps around my waist, I smile. “Oppa, go ahead and sleep.”

“I’ll only be 10 minutes.” Yeah, sure. I’m definitely not going to be able to wake him.

After having gotten the control I reach for the blanket and pull it over him. “Just sleep.”

image

Originally posted by chimcheroo

Not ten but around 30 minutes later I feel him shifting, I turn my head from where I had moved to, the foot of the bed, and glance at him. “Are you awake?”

“Hm.” Sounds like a yes to me. I smile at his endearing yawn and focus back on the screen, which was showing a rerun of some music show.

A moment later, a heavy, solid, weight of muscle is draped over my back, and I have to brace myself as not to fall forward. “Oppa, you’re heavy, you know.”

“Am I?” Mischievous, Jungkook puts more weight on me, his arms around me making sure that I don’t actually fall off. Pushing back with my elbow, he pretends to be in pain and falls back with a grunt.
“How long was I asleep?” He asks after a few minutes of him just lying there.

“Around half an hour. I’m surprised you woke up yourself.”

He yawns loudly and scoots over next to me. “Is this a rerun?”

“Yeah, it’s fascinating, I’ve never watched a music show before.”

I think it’s been a while for him too because when I look over at him, his mouth is slightly agape, his eyes focused on the screen and then he yawns cutely. “This isn’t a normal music show.”

“It isn’t?” I had wondered because it looks more like a concert to me.

“Hm, this is Kcon.” He explains. “Have you seen us perform, yet?”

“Oh, Bangtan performed?”

Anticipation high, we wait for their performance to come up and when I see their intro, I clap excitedly and cheer. “Wuaaaah! So charismatic!”

“Ya,” Jungkook averts my attention, amused at my enthusiasm. “The real deal is sitting right next to you.”

“Sssh!”

“You’re telling me to 'sssh’?” Wounded probably by my lack of attention, he starts to tickle my sides.

Shrieking, I roll sideways and off the bed, falling onto the carpeted ground. “Aigoo, really, I was just trying to watch your performance.”
I accept the hand that he’s holding out despite his laughing and sit back on the bed.

“Is this 'Fire’?”

“Yes.”

“Wuah, Oppa, you're so handsome.” I’ve never seen them perform having the camera shoot them in different angles before. “Your expressions are really…”

“You like it?”

Transfixed by their powerful performance, I can only watch in awe like every single time. “Bangtan Oppa’s are really amazing.”

I feel him the back of my head. “Wuah, your eyes.” Jungkook’s eyes during the performance are no joke. It’s like he feeds off of his fans energetic cheers and almost appears arrogant. He knows his appeal. Yet, when he is here right next to me, he is truly a genuine sweetheart.
Still. How come he never looks at me like that? My gaze seems to be glued to the screen which is the reason why I don’t realize what Jungkook is up to. Literally pulling me away from the screen, Jungkook leans in so I don’t have any other choice but to lay down on the bed.

“What are you doing, Oppa?” I ask him with a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach when he pierces me with that gaze I just talked about, his hands resting closely next to my arms as he braced himself on top of me.

“You asked me why I never look at you like that.” Jungkook winks with an eyebrow, that combined with his dark eyes, make my heartbeat take off again. “So now I am.”

“I asked you that?” Embarrassed, I feel the blood rush to my cheeks. “I didn’t mean to.”

“Well,” I watch his eyes flicker to my lips. “Now, it’s too late.”

When his gaze shifts back to my eyes, I blink repeatedly, his piercing look too much to handle. Jungkook smirks, liking my reaction. That smirk slowly fades as he leans in, his lids close. Mine following shortly. But before anything can happen, my phone rings several times.

Defeated, Jungkook sighs and drops his head on my shoulder. “Why do we always get interrupted?”

“Sorry, next time I’ll put my phone on silent.” I pat his hair comfortingly, slightly amused. “I wonder who it is this time.”

Lifting his head, he reaches over and hands me my phone, then proceeds to lie on his side, his head braced by his hand.

“Oh, it’s not my brother.” I read the number that had messaged me on Kakaotalk, +81 which countries number is that again?

Opening the message I can’t help but snicker. 'Noona!' There is only one person who calls me that.

“What’s so funny?” Jungkook was playing with a strand of my hair.

“You’re not going to like it.” I show him the message. “It’s Minhyuk.”

His eyes move across the screen, his jaw working, showing me that I was right. “He messaged you again.”

Curious, I turn the screen in my direction to read the new message. While I do that Jungkook slips his hand under my back, hand supporting my head, and lifts me back to a sitting position since he was the one who pushed me down.
When I look over to him, he sighs and pouts and when I just keep looking with an amused smile, he sighs louder and pouts even more, peeking at me.

“Ah, too cute.” I squeal and pet his hair, simultaneously wrapping my other arm around him. Smothering him like I would a big plushie bear.

“Did you just squeal?” Now, it’s his turn to sound amused.

I freeze up, arms still around him. “No.”

“You just squealed like a fan would.”

I stay still for a second more then release him and jump up from the edge of the bed and walk over to the cupcakes.  ’'No.“

’'No?” Of course, he would follow me.

“No,” I say more firmly and glare at him under my lashes making him grin in amusement.

“OK, if you say so, Cutie.” Throwing an arm over my shoulder he leans down a bit. “You make me really happy, ________. Happy 100 Days.”



~~~~~

I'm honestly a little bit toot ired to write something so.... I hope you enjoyed ^^