Boiling

For You

image

 Originally posted by juenkook 

“Is something wrong?”

“Huh?” I jump, startled by Lee’s voice.

“Is something wrong? You’ve been staring at blank space for a few minutes now,” she is frowning. “And you seem distracted today.”

“Do I?” I run my fingers through my hair with a sigh. “Sorry about that. What were you saying before?”

She stays silent and when I look up, I can tell that she wanted to push the subject but as always she lets me be. “I was saying how my idiot of a boyfriend keeps sending me images of your boyfriend.”

“He does?” I snicker at her expression. “What’s so bad about that? I wish someone would send me photos of him.”

“Please put yourself in my situation for a second, imagine Jungkook sending you photos of Joon. How would you feel?”

“I would…” I clear my throat because I would probably toss my phone out the window. “Yeah, OK, I get it.”

“See? Not saying that Jungkook looks bad in the photos, it’s just weird…” And then she mutters something about Joon being weirder. I laugh. “Anyway, how is he?”

“He is well. Tired most of the times we video chat but he is having fun.” The different time zones must be tiring as well, and it’s hard to find the correct timing to video chat. Either I’m asleep, at school or out and about. Usually, I wouldn’t mind chatting when I’m outside but lately… lately, the paranoia has been getting to me. Even at home sometimes, I get the eery feeling that someone is watching me. Especially because of—'' I stop myself from saying more. I already revealed more than I wanted to.

“What did you mean by that? Why would you feel paranoia even at home?” Lee suddenly moves close to my face. “Something happened, right?.”

“N-no.” I avoid her eyes.

She’s known me for so long, she can read me like an open book. “I know something is wrong.” She gives me one of her looks. “Is it Jungkook, did he do something wrong?”

“No.” It’s the truth. “It’s not him.”

“________, then what is it?” Hesitating for a few seconds, I sigh deeply, then tell her to wait and go grab a small box, putting it in front of her. “What is this?” Lee’s frown deepens, looking at the many envelopes.

“A week ago…” I hesitate again because maybe I’m making it something bigger than it is. “I started getting letters on my school table, my bag pack and even in front of my house-door.”

She opens each letter and gasps in horror. “Someone is stalking you?”

I take one of the letters and chills run down my spine when I read it again. ’Don’t think that you will get away with this’, ’I have my eyes on you'

“I’m not sure if I’d call it stalking, Lee.”

Bewildered, she continues to read the letters. “This isn’t stalking? Then what do you call it?”

“I don’t know… A prank?”

“A prank?” She rattles the paper in her hand, agitated. “Whoever this is, is even threatening you. Have you told your brother?”

I run my fingers through my hair, distressed. “No. I can’t. We’re leaving for Japan in a few days, if I tell him, he won’t go. And I don’t want something that might not even be that serious to keep him back from work.”

Suddenly, her hand slams against the floor. “It’s a sasaeng!”

There it is again, that word. Sasaeng. I’d wondered before what it meant when the girls in front of Jungkook’s company had said it.

“What is a sasaeng?” I ask but deep down I already know, I had already suspected that it was because of my relation to Jungkook.

“Sasaengs are terrible.” Lee takes my hand in hers, furthermore making me worry. “They are fans that have gotten obsessed with their idols to the point that they harass them and even hurt them.”

“What?” Hurt them? I look at the letters. If she is right then doesn’t that mean that Jungkook is in danger as well?

“Worry about yourself for once, ________.” She scolds me, and I realize that I had actually spoken my last thought aloud. “You are the one getting stalked right now.”

She’s right, but my thoughts still linger on Jungkook. To what extent can these people go? To what extent will they go if I don’t stop as they want me to? A thousand scenarios run through my head.

Two arms wrap around me. “________, don’t stress about it, please. We’ll get through this together.”

Not saying anything, I close my eyes and believe her. But will we really? Will I?

* * * * * *

I check myself in the mirror for the last time, pushing the glasses into place and fixing hair that did not need fixing. I had contemplated putting on a wig, but I was worried that he wouldn’t recognize me at all. I hope the different make-up and the bun on top of my head which he’s never seen me in would do the job of concealing my identity until it’s my turn.

Who am I kidding, he’ll recognize me in an instant.

Taking a deep breath, I walk out of the restroom of the venue where the event was held. It was all a little bit hectic for me, preparing this all out of the blue. Blame my brother who never has anything scheduled for sure.
Anyhow, I’m still glad that things happened the way they did, after everything back at home, I was missing him more than ever.

Following the instructions on the brochure that was handed out earlier, I make my way over to the hall. Because I had trouble finding this place, I actually was one of the last people in line.

For the next hour, the people start to get seated and a lot of girls instantly start placing their tripods. Their equipment, wow. It’s amazing and mind-blowing.

The boys come out to the slightly raised stage with a bit of a delay. My heart starts racing at the thought of being able to see Jungkook face to face again. However, due to the many cameras and tripods set up in front of me, I can’t really see much. Instead, I hear them greet the venue in Japanese, marking the start of the fansign.

I actually got to sit next to someone who is from abroad, and even though my Japanese isn’t that great, we conversed comfortably. For the next hour or even more we just get to know each other making the time go by faster. Her name is Sophia and she’s studying at an art school, equal to what I’m attending back in Seoul.

Finally, the staff announces that it’s our turn. Walking to the stage, I cover the lower part of my face with the album and see that Jungkook is the last in line. OK, that’s going to be difficult. Glancing at the staff, I hope that they are too busy taking the gifts and storing them to notice me.

First up is Namjoon and after Sophia is done, I kneel down in front of the table. “Why am I not surprised?”

I smile and put my index finger against my lips. “Shh.”

Not saying anything else, I put the album in front of him, flipping it to his page with a little post-it note, as Lee had advised me to.
I had no idea what I could ask them because I get to talk to them anyway so I decided to just ask random questions.

If you could be invisible for a day, what would you like to do?’ I had written on Namjoon’s note, just because why not.

Smiling amused, he writes his response after signing the page. Turning it around for me to see, I laugh, glad that the venue was filled with the sounds of the girls talking and screaming in excitement.

Run around without clothes at Han River.’ Namjoon holds his hand out and I high five him.

Moving on, I wait till Sophia has moved to Jimin until I scoot over to Seokjin. He, on the other hand, looks shocked to see me and has to blink a few times. I signal for him to not say anything and after a second he pulls himself together and makes an OK sign with his fingers.

If you could open a restaurant, what would it be called?

After thinking about it for a moment, Seokjin writes his answer. ’All Jin Can Eat’'

I’ve heard of his own Mukbang series so of course, that makes perfect sense. Agreeing with him that this name was good, I give him a thumbs up and hold out my hand for a high five.

Jimin is next and it seems like he already saw me with Seokjin so he’s already smiling cutely. I tap the post-it note, I had come up blank. “Instead of me asking you a question, you write one. I’ll answer it later.”

Liking the idea, he looks at me for a moment and then scribbles down his question, when he finishes I move to read it but he flips to the next page. “Answer this later.”

Smiling confused, I shrug but nod moving on to Yoongi after a high-five. He had turned around speaking to the staff when he faces me he can only stare. Yoongi shakes his head. “Wuah, you two really…”

Chuckling when he sees my post-it note, he holds out his fist to me and I bump mine against his.

You’re really charismatic when you rap. Really, really handsome, Yoongi-Oppa!’' I had written after remembering that I’d actually never told him.

Hoseok doesn’t even look up at me but reads the note first. “Please, write a note for my friend Lee. She is your biggest—” He cuts himself off and quickly lifts his head.

“Hi, Hobi-Oppa.” I greet him cheekily. “Long time no see.”

“Ah, I’m so envious.” Whining cutely he turns to annoy Yoongi, but Yoongi ignores him busy talking with the fan. “Is Lee here, as well?”

“No, only I am here.” I watch him write down a note and grin when he draws a few hearts around her name. “Thank you.” I clap my hands against his when he holds them up for me.

Taehyung, ending his handshake with Sophia, helps me by shielding Jungkook’s view with his arm. I smile at him gratefully, I had been holding my palm against the side of my face all this time and the fake glasses helped in concealing my identity.

If you could try out a job for a week, what would it be?’ Again, one of the random question that’s jumped into my mind.

“Oh, I like this question.” He tabs his chin, thoughtful. “Ah, but, I can’t think of anything, right now.”

“You don’t have to answer now, think about it,” I whisper and he agrees to do so, doing his signature high-five with me.

Seeing that I was moving onto Jungkook now, in order to help me Taehyung takes the funny eye mask and slips it on Jungkook, giving me the chance to scoot over without him seeing.

“Ah, Tae-Hyung.” He complains and the people are suddenly screaming again. Taking off the eye mask he puts it on the table and glances at me smiling like he would at anyone but then it transforms into a look of shock.

“Hi, Oppa.” I wave a bit. “It’s been a long time.”

Spark fly when he smiles broadly, the happiness in his eyes making all the trouble worth it. Jungkook opens his mouth, his eyes flicker to the side, and closes it again. 
“When did you arrive?” He actually proceeds to write down his signature, making me remember the one time at school where he had drawn a bunny instead.

“This morning.” Putting his arms on the table, he rests his head on them, making my heart dip because he looks so adorable that way. His eyes are so beautiful.

“You must be tired. Did you eat something before coming here?”

“No, it’s alright and I had a snack earlier.” I smile to reassure him.

“You look pretty.” Jungkook murmurs without preamble. He gazes into my eyes and I blink, it’s been too long. Have his eyes always been so mesmerizing? Jungkook’s eyes shift to the side.

“________, I have to go now.” I hear Sophia say. “It was nice to meet you.”

I push to my feet. “Ah, nice meeting you, too, Sophia. We’ll keep in contact.”

“Yeah, that would be great.” She looks like she really wanted to. “Goodbye.”

“Bye,” I say a little bit taken aback when she leans in for a hug.

“Miss, please take your album and return to your seat.” I glance up at one of the staff there.

“Ah, yes.”

Taking the album, which Jungkook was already holding out to me, he winks his eyebrows in one motion. “Thanks for coming.”

I nod my head at him as my only response because the lady was already impatiently staring at me.

Returning to my seat I wait a bit longer as Bangtan have their ending talk, the fansign ending. Some of the people were lingering even after the boys had retreated to the backstage area. Taking this chance to quickly leave without having to wait in a crowd, I walk out into the streets and stand there not sure what to do with myself. Not having a phone that worked here, I decide to walk back to my brother’s apartment.

About 20 minutes later, I decide to flip through the album wanting to know what Jimin wrote down. Recalling that I hadn’t seen what Jungkook wrote, I skip to his page seeing his large signature for the first time. I wish I could sign like that.

I miss you'  I had chosen to write on the post it with a small heart.

Reading his note, I skid to a halt. ’Wait for me at the parking garage.

Parking garage? Oh, no! Spinning around I run back to the venue and rush to the garage. Twisting my head around I try to spot a big van or maybe even a bus that I could imagine them to be in.

“________-ah,” just left of the entrance, I see a familiar figure approaching me. Coordi-Eonni. I meet her halfway. “There you are.”
Giving me a pat on my back when I bow to her in greeting, she then leads me through a door. “The van is in the VIP garage.”

“Is there any schedule left for the rest of the night?” I ask out of breath from running.

“No, the fansign was the last thing scheduled for today.” She walks towards two big white vans, bigger than the ones I’m used to seeing.

“Woah, this van is really big.”

She turns to grin at me. “It’s also more comfortable.” Knocking on the window, she waits for the door to slide open, revealing Seokjin.

“Finally, we’ve been waiting for you.”

“I’m sorry.” I really felt sorry, because they probably had a long day behind them, I’m sure they’re exhausted.

“That’s nothing to be sorry about.” He opens the door wider and moves to the back of the van where I see a few sleeping forms. “Do you mind closing the door, you just need to pull on the handle once, it’s automatic.”

“Ah, yes, of course.” After the door shuts by itself I turn around. “Are you going back to the hotel now?”

“Yes, I’m cooking tonight.”

“Oh, ‘All Jin Can Eat’s owner is cooking.” I lower my voice when I see Hoseok twitching next to me. “You should secure that name, it’s a good one.”

“I’ll do that once I have enough money to buy a restaurant.” I smile and can’t help but wonder where Jungkook is because he was not in the back. “Jungkookie is in the passenger seat,” Seokjin reading my expression nods towards the front seats. “He isn’t feeling well.”

My smile drops in an instant and I move forward in my seat, checking up on Jungkook, but he was sleeping peacefully. I put my hand on his forehead and gasp. “He’s got a fever.”

“What? Really?” Seokjin also moves to the front alarmed, I give him space. “Earlier he was only not feeling well. I’ll get the driver now.”
He takes out his phone and makes a call.

“Is Sejin-Manager on his way,” I ask after he is done.

“Eoh, he’s getting the driver right now.”

Almost half an hour later the van pulls up to the front entrance of the hotel. I’m surprised that no fans were there.

“Guys, wake up, we’ve arrived.” At the sound of their manager’s voice, the guys all wake up surprisingly fast. They’re probably used to it by now.

I get out of the van first and see them all make their way out one after another, looking really tired. It’s astonishing how they are able to hide their tiredness in front of their fans. 
Jungkook is the last one to open his door, I wonder what the manager had to do to wake him. Seeing me standing there, he strides over to me, not a bit of his fever showed on the outside, he just looks tired.

“How are you feeling?” He puts an arm around me and I wrap mine around his waist fearing that he’ll collapse.

“Better, now that you’re here.” My heart clenches when he gives an exhausted smile.

Following behind the rest of them, I keep my arm around him just in case. Inside the elevator, Jungkook turns to me, shielding me with his big frame. “You’re so small now.”

“I’ve always been like that.” Chuckling, he leans down to press his lips against my temple. I frown. His mouth feels really warm.

“I’m alright. I just need to sleep it off.” The elevator opens. “Don’t worry.”

That’s exactly what I’m doing, worrying. It’s to the point that I don’t realize that Jungkook and I are the only one left whereas the others have stopped already.

Yoongi seeing my confused expression, smiles. “Don’t do anything naughty.”

“Ah, Hyung.” Jungkook makes them laugh amused, with me getting flustered thanks to Yoongi. Walking faster, embarrassed, Jungkook pulls my hand as I pass by a door just down the corridor. “Here.”

Putting in the card, he steps in first and closes the door after I’ve walked in. “Who’s your roommate?”

“Roommate?” My curious eyes wander around the hotel room. “Jin-Hyung.”

“Why did he stop with the others then.”

Jungkook urges me to walk in further, his hands on my shoulders. “Of course he wouldn’t come in when you’re here.”

“Why?” I see a kitchen and think of making something for him to eat. “Nothing’s going to happen.”

“No?” Just now he was complaining at Yoongi for saying such things but here he goes doing it himself.

I glare at him. “No.” My face softens when he grins, I had missed that, seeing his face up close and not through a device.
“Oppa, you should change.” I press my hand against his forehead. “Do you have rice here?”

“Yeah, we do.” His feverish hands cup my face. “Are you going to cook for me?”

I nod. “Porridge.”

When his expression falls, I giggle. “Porridge?”

“You have a fever, keeping your diet clean is important.” I make my way to the small kitchen. “Now go change before you melt to the floor. How come you’re wearing such thick clothing anyway?”

“Well, you already took the warmest thing off.” I had indeed done that while Jin was on the phone.

My jaw drops.“You were awake?”

“Half awake.” He corrects me from inside the bathroom, probably changing.

Finding the rice, I try to find a pot next. “Then you could have taken it off yourself.”

“Seeing you struggle like that was cute, so I let you do it.”

“Aigoo.” I sigh under my breath.

Washing up the rice, I jump when his hands are placed on my shoulder. “Since when do you wear pink?”

“I don’t,” in his feverish state, his high body temperature was making me feel warm, too. “I just thought it’d be a good disguise.''

I feel him patting my bun. "I like it when your hair is up, looks pretty.” He finishes his sentence with a yawn.

“Oppa, go sleep.” I dry my hands on a towel and turn in his arms. “Eh, don’t you have something less warm?”

Jungkook is wearing a big sized shirt, the sleeves going to his elbow. “No, I usually don’t wear anything to sleep.” My gaze flings to his. He had washed his face, he looked younger, softer and in general just cute.

By the smirk on his face, I know he had said it on purpose, so I’m just going with the flow. I mean he’s the one shirtless, not me.
“Take it off then.” OK, who am I kidding? I think it would be more of a distraction for me than him.

“Really? OK.” My eyes widen when he moves his hand to the back of his neck pulling on the shirt.

“Ya!” My hands fly to my eyes. “Do it somewhere else, not right in front of me.” Guffawing in amusement, he takes my hand down, I keep my eyes squeezed tight. “Go before I kick you.”

Letting go of my hands, he taps my nose. “Alright. Wake me when you’re finished.”

Peeking through one eyelid, I sigh in relief when I see the fabric of his shirt still in place. “Ah, wait, Oppa.” I take the bottle of water, a glass and hand them to him. “Very important.”

Smiling warmly, he walks out of the kitchen but not before bobbing the bun on my head.

A while later, I turn the fire on low, and check up on Jungkook, who when I am close enough to see, really had taken his shirt off. Instantly I hold my hand out so that only his head is visible.
Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have acted to cocky. 
At least he was sleeping soundlessly, his mouth agape in a complete relaxed state.
Seeing that the curtains were wide apart, I pull them close and walk back over to his side and touch a hand to his face. He had gotten even warmer. I frown and try to think of what my mother used to do when I had a fever.

Ah! Right, how could I forget?

I get myself a soft face towel and fill up a big bowl with warm water. I begin wiping his face first, knowing to be gentle as the skin will feel sensitive when one is feverish. Next, I move on to his arms after dunking the towel into the water and squeezing the excess out. How is he staying asleep through all this?

I hear a knock on the door, startled I put the towel on his forehead and open the door. It’s Seokjin.

“How is he?” Jin asks as he checks up on Jungkook while I go to the kitchen.

“If I’m not wrong his temperature is higher than before.” I stir the porridge, keeping the fire on low.

“Let’s hope that after some sleep, he will recover.” He joins me in the kitchen. “What are you making?” I open the lid to show him. “Ah, old-fashioned.”

“What are you guys doing?”

“Jiminie, Taehyungie and I are getting ready to get some groceries.” He takes the pack of rice. “I just came over to get this.”

“Do you need help later?”

“No, I’ll have Jimin help me. Usually, Jungkookie does that but you just take care of him.” I open the door for him when he moves to the corridor. “I’ll get you when dinner is ready.”

“OK, see you later.” I stand there for a moment longer after closing the door. I breathe out lowly. Back to taking care of Jungkook while trying not to gape. Easier said than done.




~~~~~ 

........ hi? anyone still with me? *nervous laughter* I know it's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry, I can't really say I've been busy much but during promotions I usually find myself being really tired for some reason and now with MAMA voting having started, I'm hating the sigh of my laptop even more... MAMA awakens bad memories -.-'
Anyway,
this weeks
are the goodbye stages and I'm just really grateful that no one got hurt during and that the results and response went beyond what I had hoped ^^ WINGS era will be missed~