bonus three

For You

image

(gif credit)

The vibrating of my phone jostles me awake from my dozing off. Taking a deep, exhausted breath of air, I look at my phone still in my hand.

we’re about to get off, sleepy

At Jungkook’s message, I check the moving bus’ surroundings. But as much as I’m aware, that’s not true.

that’s not right, we have at least ten more minutes.

I know’ he then sends me a sticker of a monkey stifling a laugh. ’I was worried you wouldn’t wake up

You might ask, why we are texting and not just speaking like normal people would but sadly the bus had been filled with people and the only seats available were single ones.
It might not explain exactly why we didn’t just converse vocally but both sides were still aware of the elephant in the room.

are you hungry?’ I ask him.

I was about to ask you the same’ His response follows after a bit.

I grab my bag and rummage around in it until I found the thing I was looking for. Glancing around I see that the person sitting behind me had already stepped off the bus.
Placing the plastic sealed chocolate croissant on his shoulder, I quickly sit back, stifling a snicker when it falls off.

“What the..?” I hear Jungkook mutter as he bends over to retrieve the bread. He looks over his shoulder with a question mark on his face.

For you. I mouth.

Looking down at the bread then at me, his lips pull back into a smitten smile.
While taking out a bottle of water and taking a much-needed gulp, I notice him holding his phone at a suspicious angle.

I tilt my body to see that he was aiming his front camera at us, mainly himself. Not enough for anyone else to notice unless they were looking closely but enough for me.

I let him take the photo without changing my expression much except raising an eyebrow.
He seems to be satisfied though as he doesn’t try again.
I use my phone and take a photo of him myself. I’ve said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again, but Jungkook has a really nice back.

As he eats the pastry, I look out at the moving streets as more and more people pass by.
Distracted by idle thoughts, I don’t notice his text until a few minutes later.

sit at the very back.’ I glance up from his text with a frown. Oh? The only people left on the bus were the two of us and a few elderly people.

we’re getting off in three though.’

just do it.’

Wary of what he is planning, I gather my things and move to the last bank and wait for him to give me more instructions.
A few seconds later, Jungkook stands up and in a few strides plops down on the seat next to mine, too close as if edging me to scoot over. I do but all he does is cage me into the corner seat.

“That was your goal?”

“Yup.”

And that’s all we say. Surprisingly, sitting next to each other on the bus at the very back is… special? I know. I find the most random things special.

“Ah, right,” I focus on him as he starts to speak. “I’ve been curious since before, what do you like to do?”

I think about that question because for me there is no definite activity like doing sports or such. I just like to be.
“Uhm, I like… Why can’t I think of anything right now?”

“I’ll go first.” He leans into my side and then counts them off one by one. “For me… I really like taking photos of scenery and trying and finding new things to learn. Although, I can’t because I’m so busy all the time.”
He pulls his lips in only to pop them back out. “Ah, and I enjoy working out.”

“Me…” How come I don’t have any hobbies? “I like looking at the scenery and I like to… stroll.”
That came out more sounding like a question.

Jungkook nods his head slowly several times, thinking about something. What information did he get out of this? That I’m boring, perhaps?

“Sounds boring, right?”

“No,” he shakes his head quickly. “It’s pretty.”

“Pretty?”

“Yes, I can imagine you sitting there prettily looking at a river,” he looks off into a distance only he can see, his hands moving as if painting it out. “Makes me want to take photos again.”

“Ow, nope, not happening.” I shudder. “I hate cameras. The thought of a photoshoot makes me want to run.”

“No one said anything about photoshoot.” He eyes me sideways. “It would be natural.”

“I said it’s not happening.” I counter back. I slap his arm. “And I still have not forgiven you about the guitar thing.”

I had held up my part of the deal but Jungkook, he sheepishly revealed that he forgot most of the things he had learned because he hadn’t practiced in a while and didn’t want to be bothersome to the shop owners only for the little he knew.

“Ah, that…” He scratches his head. “I said I was going to show you next time.”

“Next time, next time,” I murmur sulkily. “Next time I’m going to—”

“Oh, look a giant mascot!” Jungkook leans in, almost squishing me, his index finger pressing firmly against the glass of the window.

I gasp quietly and follow his finger to see… Nothing. “Ya… Were you trying to distract me just now?”

“Yes,” he admits shamelessly.

“You know that’s only going to make me more upset, right?”

“No,” his boyish charm helped a lot in making me not hit him. “Look, a Shiba.”

Even though I probably shouldn’t trust him anymore, I look excitedly anyway and see there across the street was a big fluffy Shiba with a red collar. “Ah, so pretty.”

Not needing any words, I know exactly how endearing he thought I was as the hand on top of my head, ruffling my hair, was indication enough.


 

~~~
J HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

lmao sorry I've been feeling this all day xD how is everyone? how was your hixtape debut experience? I was in a car to work while it happened (I wasn't driving thank god) and yeah.... my data bc we were driving through highways and some land place.. lol anyway, I only got to listen to the first two tracks and then ahd to go work I MISSED ALL OF THE CHART TOPPING ;;;; buuuut JHOPE isn't done yet, and LY:Her queen is been left in the dust lol

which ones are your fav tracks? I love Hope World, Piece of Peace, Daydream (makes me dance while doing other things) and Airplane is so beautiful and the outro too *heart eyes* the entire mood of the mixtape is so Hoseok, I'm so so so so so proud huhuhu and doesn't he look absolutely gorgeous in that pink suit wow I almost screamed in the car xD Hoseok always makes such bobs and such catchy parts, this man is golden

seeing all the succes HOPE WORLD is getting it's scary because can you imagine what an OT7 comeback will bring o.O it's gonna be out of this world, I can't wait *heavy breathing*

-K

P.S. why does the clapping of daydream mv remind me of some old sitcom I probably used to watch as a kid xD also I have yet to read the lyrics, damn I've been busy