Good To You

For You

image

Originally posted by sugutie

After, I don’t know how many songs, I can only wonder how they can keep going like this for hours and hours. For the actual concert, I can imagine for them to put in even more passion and effort into the performance. It only shows how great their stamina is.
I watch them with anticipation as they eventually put the bed to use, with Jungkook slipping into it and the rest of them gathering to the left. I bounce and move along to the music as I’ve done with the previous songs. All I managed to sketch without getting distracted was a part of a flower.

When they move over to the bed, which was directed at me, Jungkook sits up stretching cutely. They do the pretty flower face while bouncing their head to the beat and I can’t contain the giggles from coming out as they all looked so endearing like that.
At Yoongi’s rap, my body starts to shake from the suggestive lyrics, entertained by the general playful and boyish charms of this song. Clapping and moving along, I thoroughly enjoy the song and its sweet message.

The next song has much the same meaning, cute yet not as suggestive, talking about a girl that they would love to spend the day with, doing all kinds of mundane things.
For the next song, they push the bed back to the side and grab a spinning stool for each of them.

My phone, which I had put on the wooden floor next to me, starts rattling from an incoming call. My brother.

I walk over to Jungkook and touch his arm to get his attention. ‘’I have to take a call, I’ll be outside.’’

He nods his head understanding as I excuse myself and step out. ‘’Oppa?’’

‘’Eoh, ________-ah.’’

I hear them starting the music inside so I walk a little bit further away. ‘’Yes, what is it?’’

‘’Are you free tomorrow?’’ I hear some paper ruffling.

‘’Yes, I am. Why?’’ I knew he was going to be home tomorrow. I keep the Sundays free just for him since I already see him rarely. His plan to cut down on work hasn’t worked out so well for him.

‘’I just wanted to make sure, because there is something that I need to fill you in on and discuss with you.’’ He sounded stressed, making me feel nervous and concerned at the same time.

‘’That sounds scary.’’

‘’Don’t worry it’s nothing bad, it’s not really going to affect you.’’ He assures me and the ruffling stops.

‘’Hm, alright.’’

‘’Really, don’t worry. What are you doing right now?’’

‘’Eh, I’m delivering.’’ Not exactly a lie.

‘’Since when do you deliver?’’

‘’… Since this week?’’ Maybe I shouldn’t have hesitated. I need to work on that.

‘’I’m not even going to ask.’’ He laughs. ‘’I’ll see you tomorrow anyway.’’

Relieved that he isn’t planning to drill me about it, I relax. ‘’OK, be careful while driving. See you tomorrow.’’

‘’Bye.’’

Hanging up, I slowly make my way back to the room and since I can still hear the same song playing, I wait outside for them to finish as not to interrupt them.
Poking my head inside after a minute or so, I check if it’s OK for me to walk in when the music stops.

Hoseok spots me and runs over. ‘’________, there you are.’’ He opens the door wider for me and takes my wrist, dragging me over to a stool that was put in the center of the room and motions for me to sit down.

Extremely confused, I do as he says and sit down. He takes my phone out of my hand while grinning from ear to ear and I watch him put it on the table. What is he up to? They’re not making me sing, right?

In front of me, there are four empty chairs. Where is everyone else?

‘’Stay there, don’t move.’’ I look at him weirdly and almost stand up when he leaves me there by myself and walks right out, shutting the door behind him. Suddenly, everything around me falls into darkness, I don’t move one bit as my heart drops for a split second.

‘’Sorry!’’ I can hear Hoseok yelling from outside.

‘’Then, why?’’ I shout back. What are they up to?

I hear footsteps and the stools screeching across the floor. ‘’Jungkook-Oppa?’’ I ask timidly, the darkness unnerving me a bit.

The piano blares loudly into the room. The stark contrast from the silence before makes my heart leap. As the lights are switched back on, I have to blink a few times and give my eyes time to adjust to the change in front of me.
Seokjin, Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin were now vacating the earlier empty stools in front of me, each of them holding a microphone in their hand.

Jungkook sings the melody and I cover my mouth, not believing the scene in front of me.

‘’~I give it to you~’’ Taehyung’s deep voice starts off the song.

‘’~Although it may be a bit awkward~’’ I look at Jungkook as he smiles at me and sings the sweet lyrics. ‘’~I want to give it all to you now~‘’

‘’~I give it to you~’’

Jimin sings into his mic and points at me. ‘’~To the me, who sometimes cries and laughs. It’s only you. For you~’’

‘’~The moment I first saw you, with short hair and your pretty school uniform~’’ Jungkook sings the scaringly relatable lyrics, with his eyes on me. ‘’~I only remember that image. You can’t go anywhere~’’ He points at me and winks while smiling adoringly. I smile at the matching lyrics. ‘’~You have to only look at me, too~’’

Seokjin’s sweet voice is next, smiling at me warmly. ‘’~I don’t know why my heart is like this, I’m only thinking of you. I’ll become a rhythm and a song and sing it for you~’’

‘’~Good to you, I only have you,~’’ Their harmonization makes me swoon as I sway along. ‘’~Good to you~.’’

‘’~Even if I’m far away, always by my side, oh baby~’’ I tap my foot, my entire body moving along mesmerized by their voices.

‘’~Good to you, you mean everything to me~’’ Jimin’s voice is light and sweet. ‘’~Good to you, even if the difficult tomorrow comes. Hold my hand, I give it to you~’’

Jungkook’s voice makes me feel especially light on the inside. ‘’~Although it may be a bit awkward, I want to give it all to you now~’’

‘’~I give it to you. To the me, who sometimes cries and laughs. It’s only you. For you~’’ Everyone stands up and start to dance around dorkily.

Everyone except Jungkook, his eyes are focused on me, unwavering, and I keep mine on him after glancing at the others, entertained.
‘’~The moment our eyes met, my heart was beating so fast all night.~` ’’ He touches his hand to his heart. ‘’~I think of you all day long, I can’t get anything done. I’m too busy crying and laughing~.’’

His hand reaches out to me, yearningly pulling it back to him, performing the fluttering confession.‘’~You don’t even know my feelings right now. Every day I’m lost in your thoughts. I’ll become a present and a song and sing it to you.~’’

‘’~Good to you, I only have you. Good to you~.’’ The others sing into their mics, but I can’t focus on them because when Jungkook stands up from his stool and slowly walks towards me with those genuine eyes, all my heart can do is beat faster, the nerves rising.

‘’~No matter what path you take,~’’ He stops in front of him, his gaze overflowing with passion as he puts his hand out. ‘’~Don’t let go of this hand, oh baby~’’ Hearing the lyrics, I understand and shyly put my hand into his. He wraps his warm fingers around mine while the other three sing their lines.

“~Good to you, you mean everything to me~” I’m also very touched that the boys were doing this for him. “~Good to you~”

‘’~Whenever you’re tired or having a hard time, hold me tight~’’ He lowers the microphone to smile at me. He really is so beautiful. 
Together they sing the chorus, capturing me in their amazing vocals. ‘’~To the me, who sometimes cries and laughs, it’s only you. For you~’’ He lets go of my hand and goes down on one knee.

I look at him wide-eyed and gape at him.

‘’~Good to you~.’’ He reveals his hand behind his back and I can’t contain the surprised and excited sound when I see the single red rose in his hand. ‘’Oh~ yeah~ good to you~’’

His round eyes look up at me, sparkling and hopeful, I feel the tears pooling in my eyes, moved.

‘’ _________,’’ the way he says my name made my skin tingle. ‘’Will you accept my feelings?’’

Restlessly, the smile on my face deepens. My eyes close when I realize that he had used this sweet and fitting song as a confession.
Deeply touched, I reach out both hands to accept the rose when someone intervenes.

‘’Hold on a second!’’ Taehyung screams loudly and holds out his shoe in my direction. ‘’Please, accept my heart.’’

‘’Me, too. Me, too!’’ I burst out laughing when Hoseok comes barreling in from outside, holding a bin in his hand.

‘’Guys, what are you doing?’’ Seokjin asks them in bewilderment.

I look at Jungkook who was shaking his head in irritation, I smile at his cute expression.

‘’________-ah, who is it going to be?’’ Hoseok questions with anticipation, bin still in hand.

Without even a bit of hesitation I stand up, Jungkook following my every move with a smile, and coyly from having everyone’s attention, take the pretty red rose out of his awaiting hands.

With the most jubilant smile I’ve ever seen on him, he stands up to wrap his arms around me.

‘’Aish, I knew I should have offered her the chicken,’’ Hoseok says and then I hear something dropping to the floor.

‘’Ya, she bought the chicken herself.’’ I hear Yoongi say but couldn’t see him because Jungkook was still embracing me.

‘’Seems like he was successful.’’ Namjoon’s voice can be heard as well, with a proud edge.

Jungkook releases me a little and places a peck on my temple.

‘’Woah!’’ They all cheer loudly when they see the kiss. ‘’Ya, he really is shameless, our Jungkookie.’’

Jungkook keeps an arm around me as I look up at him and I’m enthralled by how handsome he looked right now, his face overflowing with happiness.

‘’________, I want to give you a kiss, too.’’ Hoseok dramatically throws his arms wide to embrace me but Jungkook steps in.

Pushing his chest out manly, Jungkook looks at them with a smug expression. ‘’She’s my girlfriend.’’

They all scream, either from excitement or cringeworthiness and gather around him to mess with him by hitting or kicking him. These kids, really. Talk about me being the youngest.

I sit back down on the stool and watch them with my heart overflowing with warmth and euphoria. How did I get so lucky?

~ ~ ~

‘’Oppa.’’

‘’Hm?’’ Jungkook glances up from his phone.

‘’Are there many female solo artists?’’ I ask him as we sat on the floor inside the practice room after I had gone to get my laptop.

He stretches out his legs in front of him, brushing mine. ‘’Mhm, there are more groups than soloists actually. Why do you ask?’’

I put my laptop on the ground next to me and turn in his direction. ‘’Teacher gave us the assignment to choose a performing female artist and do a dance cover.’’

He yawns widely, his dimple appearing again. ‘’All by yourself?’’

‘’Yeah, the problem is I don’t know any artists, let alone one female solo artists.’’ I frown in irritation. ‘'I haven’t even once seen a performance, how am I supposed to choose?’’

‘’You could choose IU-Sunbae.’’ He suggests, his head relaxed against the wall, eyes idly focused on me.

Glaring, I slap the side of his leg that was touching mine and scoot away from him. ‘’I don’t even know why I thought you’d be helpful.’’

A bright grin breaks out on his face as he takes this opportunity for him to put his head on my thigh, getting comfortable. ‘’Ah, this feels nice.’’ My only response is for me to continue to glare.
His body shakes with silent laughter. ‘’W-why aren’t you saying anything?’’

‘’Go talk to IU-ssi,’’ I say dismissively and push against his shoulder. ‘’Since you like her so much.’’

‘’But I like my girlfriend more.’’ He takes my hand and sways it above his head. He’s really smooth, his dashing grin evaporates the little annoyance I had at him.

‘’You’re making it very hard for me to stay upset.’’ A gentle smile replaces the glare.

‘’Don’t be, I’m just teasing you.’’ He moved our joined hands on his stomach, letting them rest there.

I coo at him like a little baby and pet his hair. ‘’Ah, is that so?’’

‘’Hm…’’ He responds idly, eyes closing.

‘’Well, don’t you two look cozy.’’ Hoseok sits down with a towel around his neck.

‘’Ah, Hoseok-ssi, who are the best female solo performing artists?’’ I try with him since I’ve noticed that he seems to be guiding them all when it comes to dancing.

He claps his hands together and rubs them. ‘’You asked the right one.’’

‘’Great. Finally, someone who can be of help to me.’’ I go to clap my own hands but Jungkook’s stone-like hands don’t let me.

‘’What do you need this information for?’’

I begin to explain but as Jungkook shifts slightly to find a better position, his silver hoop earrings catch my attention. I continue explaining my assignment and gently play with one earring.

‘’Let me think,’’ Hoseok touches his imaginary beard. ‘’For soloist that have great, strong performances, there are Boa-Sunbae, Ailee-Sunbae, Hyuna-Sun—‘’

‘’Hyuna-Sunbae?’’ Jungkook repeats incredulously, his sudden outburst giving me a small startle, he’s lucky I didn’t rip his ear off. Lifting into a sitting position, he spins so he’s facing Hoseok. ‘’For real, Hyung?’’

‘’That got a reaction out of him.’’ Hoseok snickers.

‘’Why is he reacting like that?’’ I tilt my head in curiosity.

‘’Hyuna-Sunbae is known for her very y and charismatic performances.’’

‘’Ah.’’ Understanding coming to me, I look at Jungkook. ‘’Is that why you reacted like that?’’ He looks at me somewhat displeased.

Taking my laptop, with the help of Hoseok and the reluctance of Jungkook, together we watch the stage performance.
I nod my head a couple of times after taking it all in. ‘’She’s really pretty. But I’m not sure about the dance.’’

‘’Is it too y?’’

‘’No, I’m not sure…’’ I keep staring blankly at the screen, trying to figure out what was bothering me about it. Suddenly, the laptop gets taken away from me. Hoseok beckons for me to stand up.

‘’I’ll show you the point dance.’’ Hoseok pulls me in front of the mirror.

‘’Is there one? I feel like the entire choreography is a point dance.’’

‘’No, no, watch me.’’

I laugh when I see him imitating the feminine dance moves, clapping my hands, entertained.

‘’Don’t just laugh at me!’’ He motions with his hand for me to start dancing, too, as he repeats the same movement over and over again. ‘’Stop laughing!’’

‘’Sorry, sorry, it’s just really funny.’’ I breathe out to calm down. ‘’Alright, I’ll concentrate now.’’

I can’t help myself and end up bursting out again when he dances the leg wave in the sensual way Hyuna did. ‘’Your expression is really…’’ For lack of better words, I give him a thumbs up. He holds up his palm and I slap mine into it in a high five.

‘’Jungkookie, music, please!’’ I look over my shoulder to see Jungkook reluctantly clicking play on my laptop.

The intro plays and Hoseok starts dancing without me, knowing the dance by heart. I try to follow his movements as much as possible and realize that what was bothering me about the choreo is that without the many backup dancers it didn't have the same impact.
Coming to the chorus, I smile when I see the serious and sensual expression on Hoseok's face. My shoulders shake from silent laughter breaking my concentration. I press a hand to my stomach and motion for Jungkook to stop the music when it seemed like Hoseok was just planning to keep going.

‘’Thank you, but I don’t think this song is for me.’’ I plop down next to Jungkook and lean back against the wall. A second later, I can feel him resting his head on my shoulder.

‘’Somehow, I feel like I’m your cushion today,’’ I speak quietly so only he can hear.

‘’It’s because you are so comfortable.’’ He mutters, exhausted.

Heart-tugging, I place my hand on his head. ‘’Why don’t you go into the studio and take a nap?’’

‘’Mhm, I want to stay with you.’’ Touched by his simple yet endearing words, I reach for my laptop and research some of the names I heard Hoseok mention, who speaking of had stormed out of the room for his own reasons.

Clicking play, I feel a sudden sense of familiarity, having heard the light acoustic guitar intro before.
‘’~You’re the only one~’’ I sing along quietly, recognizing the song from the many times our café had played it for the customers. ‘’~And as much as I’ve loved you. You’re the only one~’’ 
Seeing the actual performance for the first time I’m mesmerized by the contrast from the lightness of the song.

I must have been singing along absentmindedly because Jungkook comments on it. ‘’Is there anything you can’t do?’’

‘’Says the one who is known as ‘Golden Maknae’’’ I poke fun at his nickname.

Air comes out of his nose, his shoulders shake once, somewhat like a laugh. ‘’I didn’t know you could sing so well.’’

‘’My mom made me go through many classes when I was young.’’ I reminisce the busy childhood I had, rarely spending time with my neighborhood friends. ‘’As you know I had ballet for years, vocal classes, there were piano classes as well.’’

‘’But you aren’t actively doing these things anymore.’’

I bite my lip. Talking about the reason for the first time with someone other than my brother, made me nervous. ‘’Honestly, I used to only do it for my mom. But when she passed away, I just didn’t feel like it.’’

He stays quiet for a second. ‘’You’re really talented. Did you have art classes as well?’’

I lean my head on his. ‘’No, I never learned to sketch or paint. I just always loved to do it.’’

‘’Oh, me too.“ He pulls away to smile at me in excitement. ’'My family all are really professional when it comes to art, but I never learned it.’’

‘’How come I don’t believe you, Golden Oppa?’’ I say playfully.

Jungkook laughs softly and moves the laptop away from my lap to replace it with his head, retaking his previous spot. Eyes closed, he breathes out in contentment, a soft smile touching his lips.

Looking down at him, my heart swells at the sight in front of me. He is so cute when he wants to be. ‘’You have a scar here.’’ I trace over the pale line on his cheek.

‘’Yeah, when I was younger I got into a fight with my brother because of gaming.’’ He was starting to sound sleepier and sleepier, his voice getting fainter.

I move my hand over his hair and lightly fondle with his fringe. ‘’Oppa, sleep a little.’’

Not getting a response, I assume that he has already dozed off when he suddenly does speak, opening his eyes a tiny bit. ‘’Can you do that again? It felt nice.’’

It takes me more than a moment to grasp what he was talking about, but when it finally dawns on me, I smile warmly.
‘’This?’’ I take my hand away from his hair and gingerly play with his earring between my fingers.

The corners of his mouth lift, pleased, while he shifts his head in a nod.

As much as he looks maturer than others his age there are moments where I feel like I need to be extra gentle. There are times when everyone feels a little vulnerable, as they let down the guard that makes them seem so strong and invisible.

It is these moments that make me feel thankful that he decided to let them down when he is with me. It shows that I’m not the only one who trusts wholeheartedly, but that the feeling is mutual.



~~~ 

CYPHER 4!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to scream about that yesterday hehe.....  btw I'm noticing so many mistakes from when I published this to AO3 and tumblr orz... whyyyy
also I remember when I first heard the outro and read the lyrics and was like !!!!! THIS FITS SO WELL I HAVE TO USE IT!!! and the song in itself i also so sweet isnt it hehe I hope you liked it  -K