Future

For You

image

(gif credit)

“I think we’ll be stuck here for a bit.”

I grimace and look at the clock on the dahsboard. I’ve been stuck in traffic for the last half hour, if it continues like that I’ll be late. “How far is it?”

My brother taps something on the GPS. “Not very far actually. Five minutes by car.” He looks over at me. “You want to walk over?”

“Yeah,” I say sheepishly.

Sighing once, he explains how to get there and tells me to be careful. Thanking him, I then look around and open my door and rush to the pavement, waving at my brother.
I start jogging and luckily it's not as far as I thought. Rounding the corner I think I see Jungkook standing there wearing a sports outfit with his back to me. He must be waiting for me. 
The surroundings prevented him from hearing me as I sneak over to him.

With a start, I lunge onto his back and giggle when he almost falls over but he catches himself and me before I slide back down his back. “Sorry, I didn’t know you were so weak.”

“Hello, to you, too.” His sarcasm doesn’t go unnoticed, so as an amends I peck his cheek.

“Hi, Oppa.” I pat his shoulder. “You can let me down now.” Rebelling, Jungkook starts walking, giving me piggyback ride. “Is it OK for them to see me like this?”

“Yeah, don’t worry.” He bounces up on his back, so I’m situated more comfortably. “Can you open the door, please?” Grabbing the handle, I laugh when we have to step through the door sideways.

As soon as we are inside I see that it’s a lobby, on the other side I could see a few of Bangtan dressed the same as Jungkook. Knowing to open the door back out to the sports field, I hear Coordi-Eonni laughing when she sees us. “Well, this is refreshing.”

“Hello,” I ask Jungkook to put me down so I can bow politely to the staff but instead of that, he bows, automatically making me bow, too. “You’re really stubborn.”

“You just noticed?”

“Ya, ________-ah! You got a lot taller overnight.” I hear Jimin’s voice pass by us and I notice that he is on a rolling thing.

“You, too, Jimin-Oppa.” My eyes follow him as he rolls away. “When are you planning to let me down? Do you have a destination?”

“Nope,” Jungkook responds happily.

“Are you sure it’s OK?” I know he regularly works out and is physically strong but still. “I don’t want to hurt your back.”

“You won’t.” I see him nodding towards Jimin. “Do you want to try the hoverboard?”

So that’s what the thing is called. “Why are there so many different vehicles anyway?” From afar, I could see someone riding a tandem bike, Taehyung perhaps?

“We are filming a CF, we’ll show off the new sportswear.”

“Ah, no wonder you are all dressed in Puma.” Arriving at the destination, which seems to be the area where all the camera were set up Jungkook slowly lets me down on my own feet.
“Hello.” I greet the people on standby, feeling awkward because I haven’t seen them before.

I was curiously scanning the cameras and the equipment for a few minutes when Jungkook calls for me. “________-ie, here.”
Huh? I turn to see that he had taken the hoverboard from Jimin.

“Oh, how do I…?”

“You see the two black plates? Just stand on them slowly and then the wheels will start rolling. Kind of like an accelerator.”

“Like this? Ah!” Even though he had warned me about it, I still cry out when the wheels start rolling.

Jungkook chuckles lowly and grabs one of my flailing arms as I try to keep my balance, walking along with me. “You’re doing better than I expected you to.”

“Did you expect me to fall?” That probably would have happened if he hadn’t grabbed my arm. I don’t even dare move to look at him, scared I’ll lose my balance.

“Maybe…” I can feel him releasing his hold on me.

“No!” The scream makes me stagger and before I actually land on my face I step off the board. “Oppa, you can’t just let go like that.”

That meanie. He’s laughing at me, looking a little bit too amused for my liking. I whack his chest and give him a displeased pout.

“________-ah!” I spot Taehyung riding the tandem bike by himself while waving at me. I wave back and wait until he skids to a halt in front of us to properly return the greetings.

“Why are you alone?”

“No one wants to ride with me.” He’s pouting but then his expression lightens when he spots the hoverboard behind me. “Oh, Jiminie isn’t clinging to that anymore?”

“That? Yes. You can take it.” Happy to hear that, he steps off the bike to get on the board and rolls forward a bit and then back to hold out his palm to me. High fiving his hand, I smile at his bright face and watch him as he rolls away.

“________-ah.” Turning away, my eyes land on Jungkook who had climbed onto the front seat of the bike, tilting his head towards the back seat, motioning for me to get on.

Ignoring the cocky look on his face, I get on. “It’s been a long time, I used to always ride them with Minh— eh, nevermind.”

Jungkook turns around to glare. Oops. I smile, sheepish. Raising an eyebrow, he looks at me for a bit longer before turning around to start riding. “Did he message you again?”

I stifle a laugh at his dry tone. “Yeah, he did and I found out how he got my number.”

“How?”

“The same way you did. Through Lee. If she keeps giving out my numbers to strangers, I’ll have a big problem.”

“Stranger? Me?” It’s cute how he gets so offended because of that.

I look around his big frame to see where we were riding to. “Oppa, you were a stranger.”

“Do you tell all strangers that they’re handsome?”

“I regret it now.” I murmur defiantly, hearing his smug tone. “I should have said that to Minhyuk instead.”

Jungkook slams the breaks at my retort. Luckily we weren’t driving that fast or I would have face planted into his back. I knew what was about to happen hence the reason I get off the bike before he can even turn around to look at me.

Laughing nervously, I hold my hand out in an attempt to hold him back when he gets off the bike, his intent clear. “I’ll stop now, please don’t.”

His evil grin, makes me feel like bolting, but I know how fast he is, I saw the videos, I’ll never stand a chance. “Too late, ________. Don’t play with fire.”

“I’ll be good from now on.”

“Jungkook-ah!” We both turn to look at Namjoon. “We start filming soon.”

Thank you, Namjoon, really. His timing couldn’t be any better.

“You’re lucky.”

What could he have been able to do though in front of everyone? When he glares at me, I realize that I had once more said my thoughts aloud. 
“What I mean is…uh,” I need to learn to keep quiet. “That you’re right. I am.”

Simply agreeing seemed like a good idea in that moment and to my luck, it looks like it’s working. Jungkook smiles and it’s one of those that makes the crinkle on his nose appear, his eyes turning into half-moon shapes.

“Oh, what a handsome smile.” I compliment him with a smile of my own.

“Ya, how do people stay mad at you?” We start walking.

“I usually don’t give anyone a reason to be in the first place.”

“Except me.”

I snicker because it’s true. “That’s not it, I was just joking. I’ll really stop now. I like your smile the most anyway.”

“________-ie, you’re also becoming very cheesy.”

“Must be because of you.”

“Is there a time when you two aren’t flirting?” Namjoon teases us when we're close enough.

“Yes, right now was that time," I respond making him laugh.

”________-ah, over here!“ Hearing Coordi-Eonni’s voice I try to find her but frown when I can’t.

"Noona is there.” Jungkook leans down to my level and points to somewhere behind where some staff were standing.

Coordi-Eonni and one of the make-up artists had spread out a blanket on the ground and were waving me over. “I’ll be over there then.”

“Alright, we won’t be long…. I think.”

I turn to Bangtan that had gathered together and smile. “Bangtan fighting!”

Amused by this, they all scream out their own cheers. “Fighting!”

“Wooh!” Clapping encouragingly, I join Eonni and enjoy the view.

~ ~ ~

Coming out of the restroom, it all feels very nostalgic when I spot Jungkook standing at one of the food vendors. After the shoot with Puma, we had all decided to go to Disneyland to have some fun and relax.
Walking over to him, I hear him speaking Japanese, and somehow it sounded very attractive to me. I slip my arms around his waist between his arms and give him a quick back hug, liking the feel of his muscles way more than I probably should. His hand touches my wrist as I poke at his abs, feeling them flex.

“Are you playing the piano?” He asks me when I move to stand next to him, watching the owner making our food.

“With what keys?” I retort.

“Didn’t you look?” I peek up at him seeing him smirk referring to that day he had a fever when he went shirtless. “There are a lot.”

Obviously, I had looked, but I was internally fighting to bring that image up and fail. “I don’t remember a thing.” I shake my head to each side with each word.
The man behind the stand speaks up. Jungkook thanks him and takes the bag. He reaches in to offer me one. “What are these called in Japanese, Oppa?”

“Imagawayaki. Yours should be a red bean filling.” I bite into the soft texture of the round pancake and show him, confirming that he was right. “I wasn’t sure if I understood him right.”

“But your Japanese is quite good.” At least to me, it sounded quite impressive. “I like it.”

I watch him swallow his bite. “Me speaking Japanese?” I could tell that he was amused by that and I didn’t even have to look at him.

About to point out that I had spotted Seokjin somewhere in the crowd just a second ago, I shiver when he speaks closely into my ear, his voice low. “Aishteru, _______.” Because it felt really ticklish, I push him away.
“I love it when you blush.” Chuckling softly he continues eating as if that was the most normal thing to say.

“Jungkookie! ________-ie!” So I was right, I had seen Seokjin before.

Walking over to them, Jungkook hands them the bag of Imagawayaki. They really are a bunch of foodies, that’s the only way I could describe them as they devour the pancakes in seconds.

“________-ie, I think Lee is looking for you.” I glance at Jungkook who was peering down at his phone with a frown. “She sounds upset.”

Worried, I look down at his phone and smile. “That not her being upset, Lee is probably just really bored.”

“Lee?” Hoseok asks with a mouthful of food. “That one friend that has good taste.”

“Correct.”

“Ya, ya, let’s take a picture, ________.” Jungkook hands me his cell phone as Hoseok moves next to me.

“Ready, one, two, three.” I giggle when I see him forming a big heart with his arms. “Lee is going to love this, thank you.”

“I want a picture, too,” Taehyung says sounding jealous followed by Jimin who was likely just joining the fun.

Seeing Jungkook just standing there watching us, I wave him over with a grin. “Oppa, let’s take a group picture.” A smile softening his features, he walks over and the others instantly give him space to stand next to me.
“Ah, how do I...” I say not knowing how to angle the camera as Seokjin and the rest were walking up as well. “My arm isn’t long enough.”

Breathing out a laugh, Jungkook moves me so I’m in the center, switching places with him, so he’s on the right and takes back his phone. I put my hands on his shoulder and go on my toes, standing behind him as it seems like there wasn’t enough space for them.

“I’m taking the picture now.” Snap.

Jungkook checks the picture and I look over his shoulder as he bends his knees for me. “Ah, Hyung. What are you doing looking off into the distance?”

“You should have said something.”

“I did.” Jungkook defends himself.

“OK, one more time, I’ll be on standby now.” I wonder if Seokjin had been looking at the huge ice cream mascot that I had seen earlier.

“Now, really, ready, one, two, three.” Snap.

We check the picture and I giggle pointing at Jimin who was standing next to me. “Jimin-Hyung, your eyes are closed,” Jungkook complains with a groan. “My arm is going to fall off like that.”

Amused, I curl my hand around his bicep. “Have your muscles abandoned you, Oppa?”

“Of course not.” I see him wiggle his eyebrows as he flexes his bicep.

“Ya, stop flirting and take the photo.” Since Namjoon was right this time, I don’t counter like earlier but stifle a giggle instead. “We still need to get on the rollercoaster.”

Oh, yeah, right, the rollercoaster.  As long as it’s not the haunted house. Although, now that I have Jungkook… I feel his arm under my hand… yeah, I’m pretty sure I won’t mind at all…

~ ~ ~

image

Originally posted by missbaptan

“Wow, that’s shaky,” I say as soon as I step into the cart and take a seat while waiting for Jungkook to enter.

“Are you scared?” He sits down next to me.

“No,” I look up at the cart behind us. “At least not yet.”

As the door shuts creakily and the Ferris wheel moves around a bit, stopping after every second cart. My eyes are glued to the clear class looking at the night view of the amusement park.

“Look, the Hyungs are there.” Detaching myself from the glass I turn to where Jungkook is pointing at.

“Oh, yeah.” They were in line for a ride across from us. “Look at Hobi-Oppa.” His tense expression could be seen as we weren’t far up just yet.

I snicker when I remember how he had wanted to sit next to me on a ride, hoping that I would be just as frightened as him, but I had ended up almost choking on my laughter because when I had glanced over at him, mid-ride, he’d looked completely out of it as if his soul had left him.

“Hobi-Oppa really can’t go on rides.” I move away from his side of the glass, focusing on him. “Oppa, you on the other hand.”

“I really like them.” He finishes for me with a childish grin and then pats the plushie in my arms. “You really like plushies.”

I had won an archery game and got one of the bigger plushies as my reward. “My brother will be ecstatic to see that I got one more.”

“He doesn’t like them?” Jungkook had picked up on the sarcasm in my voice and for some reason begins poking an eye of the bunny I had chosen.

“Eoh, he really hates them. I remember how he tried to throw them out when we were small. I cried and my Mom got very upset at him for making me cry.”

“You cried? How old were you?”

“Mhm, I was in elementary school still, I don’t remember how old exactly.”

“Do you still have that plushie?” Jungkook was still poking the bunny, now both of its eyes.

“No, we moved and I lost it somehow.” His poking intensifies. “Oppa, perhaps do you want the plushie?”

“Huh?”

“Here you can have it.” His poking was making me go crazy so I shove the plushie into his arms. “Just please stop poking its eyes, it looks really painful.”
Jungkook takes the bunny and looks at it for a while, expressionless. Meanwhile, I shift onto my knees and look behind us to see that we were almost to the very top. Seeing the scenery I gasp. “So pretty.”

“Yes, you are.”

“Ah, ya!” I grimace, cringing. “Please, stop.”

“You’re aegyo is showing.” He leans in closer to inspect my face, and his eyes are so round and big that I lose myself in them.
Usually, I would complain to him for saying that but with him being so close, with the beautiful scenery, I once more feel like I am very fortunate to be in this place. With him.
“Why?” His gentle smile is beautiful. “You would usually deny that claim.”

“I’ll give you that one since I’m in a good mood.” All of a sudden, a sullen emotion comes over me as I look into his eyes, falling deeper and deeper.

Jungkook taps my nose softly. “What’s wrong?”

I sigh and scold myself for being so easy to read. “It’s just, I’m going to miss you.”

“Aigoo.” Jungkook pulls me into his body, his arms enveloping me into his comforting warmth, and it makes me feel so at home and so protected that my emotions decide to tune up, making tears well up.
When he my back affectionately, it gets even worse. He stops and I’m pretty sure he noticed that I was choking up. “________-ie, are you crying?”

I wasn’t crying, I was still holding it in. “No.”  That sounded very unconvincing to me. I look down at my lap when he pulls away.

“________,” his voice is so soft and gentle, a tear leaks. His thumb brushes my cheek. “Why are you crying?”

Good question.

Maybe it’s because of all the worry and stress I had to endure because of that stalker or sasaeng.
Maybe it’s because we would have to part ways again soon. 
Or maybe it’s because I’d be alone from now on, returning to Korea after having made sure that my brother was settled in well, the thought of living alone was scary. 
It could be any of the three, or probably all three of them combined.

“Ah, I’m sorry.” I apologize instead, feeling like such an idiot for bawling.

“Don’t be.” When Jungkook takes the bunny from behind him and faces it my way, my heart swells as he uses its soft hand to poke my stomach.
“Don’t be sad.” Jungkook uses a high pitched, cute voice to speak in place for the bunny, his own face matching. “You have me and Kookie Bear, together we are almost as big as the original.”

I giggle softly.

Seeing this, Jungkook also smiles relieved. Putting the bunny back behind himself, he then takes my hands. “You can always call me, ________. I don’t care how late it is where I am. Just call until I wake up.”

His eyes are so genuine and loving that I could burst into tears again. This time for a different reason. “Thank you.” For existing. For being by my side. For loving me.

He does his eyebrow thing that always makes me feel like melting but then he pinches my cheek. “Aigoo, you look so adorable when you pout.”

Now this time, I slap his leg. “I’m not.”

“Our ________-ie has become a hamster.” He says teasingly while pinching both sides. “So cuuute.”

The sadness I had felt evaporating for the time being, I now feel very irritated. “Ya!” Jungkook drops his hands laughing when I threaten to hit him.

His laugh fills the small cart, warming up my exhausted mentality and brightening up the mood as he never fails to do. “You really are an amazing person, Oppa.”

“Thank you.” He grins boyishly.

Sighing contented I peer at the scenery again. The many lights from the moving cars creating a romantic visual. “Oppa?”

“Hm?”

I jump and turn, he was closer than I expected. “E-ever heard of personal bubble?”

“Didn’t you already invite me into yours?” Raising his eyebrows, Jungkook stares into my eyes a bit longer, successfully setting my heart off but then pulls back while patting my head. “What did you want to ask?”

“Huh,” I blink to get my mind back on track. “Ah, yes. Have you driven a car before?”

“I have a driver’s license.”

I look at him astounded. “Really?”

“Yeah, it hasn’t been long and I don’t really have a lot of chances to drive because we have our managers.” It sounds like he really wants to, though. “Why do you ask?”

“Oh… I was just looking at the moving cars and I thought it would be romantic to watch while you drive.” The more words come out of my mouth the more I think my idea of romantic is… weird.

But Jungkook doesn’t seem to notice or mind because his eyes light up. “Good idea! We can go on a date further away, and now that my parents have a new car, I can lend it for a day.” He focuses on me with an excited smile. “Let’s go on a road trip, ________-ie.”

“What?” A road trip with Jungkook?

“We can drive to Busan or maybe not so far away, I don’t mind, like that you can have your romantic moment with me while I drive and look all manly.” He raises his eyebrow cheekily. “Call?”

It’s really cute how he seems to be excited by this. “Call.”

“Awesome!” He claps his hands in glee even though these were only ideas. “We will create the most beautiful moments in our lives.”

I giggle at his pun. ''HwaYangYeonHwa?''

“Yes, HwaYangYeonHwa,” he nudges my shoulder. “Just wait till I’m back to Seoul.”

“I will.” I can only hope that the anticipation for his return will make it easier for me once I’m back myself because I will have to face all the things I had left behind and momentarily escaped from on my own.



~~~~~

IT’S THE END SOON!!! I don’t know to feel about it, on one hand I am sad to have FOR YOU end but on the other hand I am excited for all the things that will come after it, I don’t know how you’re going to feel about the last part but… I’m scared haha the ending is always something very tricky to write… I honestly struggle with the end of every chapter that I edit so just imagine the big ending… *hides bc scared* 🙈🙈🙈

btw guys I will be in Hong Kong after Sunday till Christmas and I won't take my laptop with me, so I won't be able to post anything until I'm back. Just wanted to let you know ^^

Thank you for reading as always <3