Heart To Heart

For You

image

Originally posted by missbaptan

“Oppa.”

Jungkook turns my way, his mouth opened slightly. “Mhm?”

“I have to leave soon,” I say regretfully since today is the last time I’d see him for a while. His flight is tomorrow morning.

“Can’t you stay?” He was pouting which is making it even harder to leave.

My brother had revealed to me that he has a girlfriend which totally threw me off guard because what time did he have to even get one. Today we were going to have dinner together. I hop to the edge of the couch and put the blanket aside, walking over to him. “My brother is already on his way.”

Sighing defeated, he takes my hand, pulling me in between his knees. “Sit down.”

I frown confused and glance around. “Where? There is no chair.” I get flustered when he pats his thigh. Looking at him wondering if he is serious, I slowly sit down. “Is this OK? I’m not too heavy, right?” At least the shoes helped me take some of my own weight.

Arms moving around my waist, he secures his hands against my hip, keeping me in place. “Don’t worry, you’re not heavy at all.”

Feeling awkward with my hand on my lap, I raise my arm and drape it across his shoulders. I glance at him, timid by the closeness and mentally prepare myself for being apart from him. “Stay healthy, Oppa.”

His arms tighten around me. “Ah, don’t say that. Can’t you come with us on tour?”

“I’d have to be a staff member then.” I pat down the back of his head and giggle when he makes a sour face, something resembling a crying expression.

Jungkook looks up at the ceiling. “Can’t you just study to become our staff?”

“If it was that easy, don’t you think that your fans would have done that by now?”

“Still…” Seeing him pout like that makes my heart tighten. I feel the same about the distance we were about to face. “I will miss you, ________.”

“I will miss you, too.” I wrap my other arm around him and pull him in for a hug. “But you’ll be able to see ARMYs from all over the world, just think about that when you miss me.”

Sulking into my shoulder, he sighs. “And I can’t even see you in Japan.”

“I’ll wait for your return in Seoul, Oppa.” I pull away to find him pouting adorably. “Aw, look at you.” I put my hand on each side of his face and press against his cheeks, making them puff up like a bunny. “So cute, my bunny.”

Blinking rapidly on purpose to make himself look cuter, I grin taking in his handsome face, locking it into memory.

Both our heads turn towards the sounds of my phone ringing once. “I think that’s my brother.”

My hands drop to his shoulder, feeling dreadful. “Didn’t you say he was still on his way?”

“Looks like he was closer than I thought.” When I try to stand up, Jungkook firmly keeps his arms wrapped around me, preventing me from doing so. “At least let me check if it’s really him. Maybe he’s stuck in traffic.”

Sighing, he relents and lets me move up. “Let’s hope so.”

Grabbing my phone I check it and indeed it’s my brother telling me that he’ll be there in 5 minutes. “He said he’ll arrive shortly.” Slipping my phone back into my bag, my gaze lands on the many pillows. Ah, right, I almost forgot.

Turning around, I find Jungkook on his feet but I tell him to sit back down. Confused, he asks me why, even though he was already obliging.

“Just wait and see. Close your eyes.”

“Am I going to get a kiss?” Closing his eyes, his smirk turns into a pucker.

“Nope.” Checking to see if he was peaking, I twist and get the paper bag when I’m sure he isn’t cheating. Trying not to make any sound, I step over to him. “Oppa, hold out your hands, please.”

Doing as he is told, his mouth curves in a gentle smile. “No kiss for me?”

Just because he’s so cute and also because why not, I bend down and give him a quick kiss on the lips.

“That’s all I get?” Contrary to his words he looks more than just happy.

Lifting the bag, I place it into his open hands. “You get this as well.”

“Can I open my eyes now?”

“Eoh.”

Opening his eyes, he first looks at the plain paper bag then up at me, surprise clear in his eyes. “You got something for me?”

“Hm, I hope you like it.” I glance at the bag feeling nervous all of a sudden. 

I had wandered around all day yesterday after school trying to find something for him, but what do you get someone who could get anything themselves. I had given up restlessly but luckily walked by a small gift shop today and thought that it would be perfect. But now my mind was filling with doubts.

“Whatever it is, thank you, ________-ie.” I squeeze one eye close when he stands up to give me a long peck on my temple. “Can I open it now?”

I nod my head and smile when I see him taking out the small gift-wrapped box with excitement. Carefully removing the gift wrap, I hold my breath when he reaches in to pull out the actual gift. Frowning for a second probably because it’s in English, I breathe in relief when his face breaks out into a genuine smile.

“Woh! These are different kinds of scents, right?”

“Eoh, I remember Jimin-Oppa saying that you are sensitive to scents and with this set, you get to mix and match. Just stick these in. ” I point at the many wooden sticks on the side. “Wherever you put the container, it will make the scent spread nicely.”

“Wuah, this is really amazing.” Jungkook was looking at the gift in awe. “I’m going to take this with me on tour.”

“Try not to spill it though.” I take a sniff of my sleeve. “I spilled some on myself earlier and even hours after I washed it, it’s still noticeable.”

“Ah, so that's what I kept smelling on you today.”

“Huh? You could smell it? I didn’t know the scent was so strong.” I raise my wrist to my nose, but to me, it was only faint.

“I have a nose like a dog.” When he leans his head down I hold my wrist against his nose. “Which one did you spill?”

“Uh,” not being able to recall what I had spilled, I take a whiff again. “Freesia… I’m not sure.”
I’m not accustomed to the scents of flowers, but I was pretty sure that Freesia didn't smell like that, at least I assume that they don’t. Basically, I have no idea.

While I was trying to place the scent, Jungkook abruptly grabs my hand and pulls me close, very close. “Before you go there is something I want to do.” His smile mischievously. It made my stomach flip. “There are three gifts that I should receive.”

“Oppa, you already got a kiss.” He is probably talking about the typical gifts for Coming Of Age Day, which we hadn’t managed to meet up for. “And I’m the flower in case you were wondering.”

“Oh, you are?”

While nodding, I form the petals with my hands under my chin.

“OK, I’ll accept that.” He bunches up his nose and takes my hands. “Now back to the kiss.”

“Which you already got.”

“I did?” His head tilts to the side. “I can’t remember.”

Here we go again. “Ah, really? Your own fault then.”

He snickers at my tone and I giggle with him. Before I know it, Jungkook steadies my head and leans in for a kiss. We usually only give each other sweet and chaste kisses, maybe because neither him nor I liked public display of affection and we are always surrounded by other people.
This time it’s different, the feeling very much like our first kiss but much more intense, I feel warmth spreading rapidly. It’s the type of kiss that makes you forget what led to it. A kiss that makes you only feel.

Which is why we knock our heads together, when my phone’s ringing interrupts our moment harshly.

“Ah, sorry, Oppa.” I say apologetic, flustered. My heart pounding like crazy for many reasons.

“I have a head like stone, I didn't feel it at all.” He touches his forehead against mine for a second, then glances behind me. “Your brother always has bad timing.”

My phone was still ringing. Why would he storm send me messages now? “I think he’s arrived.” Stepping away from him, I gather my things and take this chance to calm down my nerves. “He’s parked at the cafe grabbing a drink with Eonnie.”

“Does that mean you can stay a little bit longer?” Despite his words he opens the studio door for me.

“I already spend the whole day with you.” Exiting the studio, I turn to give him a look.

“But it’s not enough.”

“Are you whining?”

His expression hopeful, he takes my hand. “Is it working?”

“No, stop it.” Chuckling softly, he leads me down he hall. “Are the others still inside the practice room?”

“I don’t think they are anymore, we usually are busy in our studios.”

“Let’s go then, just tell them later that I said my farewells.” Walking into the reception area, I put my cardigan back on.

Outside on the street we both have our hands in our pockets. The stars are shining bright tonight. “There are a lot of airplanes tonight.” During the night they are especially beautiful, transforming into moving stars. “You know I used to always wish them a good flight whenever I saw one.”

“That’s sweet.” He is looking at the sky as well. “Have you ever been on a plane before?”

“No, it will be the first time when I fly with my brother.” From afar I can already see my brother’s car and if I’m not mistaken then it is them who were standing by it. I stop Jungkook by his wrist. “My brother is over there.”

Dropping his head from looking at the night view, he spots them after searching for a moment. Sliding his hands out of his pockets he holds my hand when he turns to face me. “What do it do? I don’t want to let you go.” A subtle pout was on his face.

“What do I do? I don’t want to leave.” I start swinging our hands from side to side. Once more Jungkook pulls an ugly crying face. Still holding hands, I push against his stomach. “Oppa, stop, or I’m going to laugh.”

Raising our hands, he laces our fingers together, palm against palm. “Go ahead, I can listen to you laugh every second of the day, ________.”

“Aaaah, so cheesy.” When I pull a repulsed expression. He snickers and pushes against my hand playfully making me retreat as he advances.

“Ah,” Jungkook can’t help but sigh loudly, his head dropping to the side in a cute way, pouting again. “I’m missing you already.”

“Me, too.” Only now is it really registering that I won’t be seeing him for at least a month. His infectious laugh, his bunny like teeth, his bright and carefree eyes, all of this, I’ll be missing for the next weeks.

image

Originally posted by sugutie

Pouting myself, tears suddenly spring into my eyes, the feeling of missing him too overwhelming. I avert my gaze in an attempt to play it off, so he wouldn’t see.
But I think he does anyway because he leans close and the next thing I know he’s pulled me into an embrace, his arms enveloping me into warmth and comfort. I’m going to miss this, too.

“Don’t cry.” I feel him my hair soothingly. “If you cry, I’ll feel bad.”

I sniffle quietly, blinking away the tears. “I’m not going to cry, it’s just I only realized now how many things I’m going to miss about you.”

“Is it my manliness?” My hand behind his back, slaps him, but I laugh anyway. “No? Is it my iness?”

“Something like that.” I confirm vaguely, already feeling better from his playfulness.

“Do you want to know what I am going to miss about you, ________?” Butterflies reappear when his voice gets this low. I nod fearing that my voice might come out shaky.
“The first thing I’m going to miss about you is your smile, the way your cheekbones get all round and your eyes disappear because you’re laughing so much. I’m going to miss your voice, it’s so clear and angelic that sometimes I hear it even though you’re not around.”

His words are definitely making me emotional and I can’t deny that I was getting warm again.

“You’re my personal pillow, so of course I’m going to miss that about you. I’ll miss you playing with my hair or my earrings when I’m relaxing.” Jungkook pulls away, his eyes wander around my face and then he just smiles warmly, and as always I think of how lucky I am to have this unique smile directed at me. Solely on me.
“I will miss many things about you but the one thing I’m going to yearn for the most is the way you make me feel when I’m around you.” Looking deeply into my eyes, his hands cup my face lovingly.

I take a shallow breath, my heart pounding when I see the affection shining bright through his eyes.

“The things that I have to worry about because I’m an idol go away when I’m with you. You make me feel normal again, just a normal boy spending time with his girlfriend. I feel lighter when you’re around, kind of like… home. That feeling?”

I am speechless to say the least and I feel like crying again, touched by his heartfelt confession.

“This,” Jungkook suddenly says. “This I will miss, too. Just gazing into your eyes because what I see never fails to make my heart race.”

I wonder what exactly he sees. How am I like through his eyes? I really want to know because the me that he is describing is someone I would like to witness through my own eyes.

“I want to kiss you, ________.” My cheeks flush, recalling the kiss we shared earlier. “But I feel your brother glaring at me to the point that I think there are two new holes in my head.”

Peering at my brother’s general direction, I see that he indeed was looking at us, Jieun doing the same.

“Let’s go.” Keeping a hand in mine even though my brother was obviously looking, we start walking down towards the cafe. When we arrive in front of them, Jungkook greets them briefly.

“________-ah, good to see you.”

“Jieun-Eonnie, hi, sorry that you had to wait that long.” I felt bad for making her stand, but she waves her hand brushing it off.

“Take your time, I don’t mind.”

I smile and remember to introduce them. “Ah, yes. Jungkook-Oppa this is my brother’s girlfriend, Nam Jieun. Eonni this is-”

“I know who he is.” She smiles. “We’ve met before.”

I glance at Jungkook who was already facing me. “She is a producer at the broadcasting station.”

“Ah, that’s fascinating. The world is really small.” My eye shift to my brother who had kept quiet this whole time, he was busy staring at Jungkook.

Jieun notices too and I snicker when she hits him. “Stop staring at him, it’s rude.”

My brother annoyed that she was indirectly taking Jungkook’s side, grunts. “Let’s go, we have a reservation.” Taking the lead, my brother and Jieun walk to the front seats while Jungkook opens the door to the back seat.

“Aigoo, Oppa, when was the last time you opened the door for me.” Jieun says directed at my brother after seeing Jungkook’s chivalry act. Without waiting for an answer she slips into her side of the car, making me laugh softly. My brother shakes his head but I can see that he is smiling before he also disappears into the car.

Focusing on Jungkook the unwillingness to leave him behind is growing. “Take care, Oppa. Eat your meals and sleep a lot. Also don’t be nervous and have fun.”

Pulling me into a quick hug, he does give me a kiss on my forehead. “Thank you, ________ie. I’ll keep your words in my mind.”

Putting one foot into the car, I turn to him. “Ah, and Bangtan fighting. Return safely.”

“I’ll tell them.” Smiling warmly, he pats my head and nods for me to get in. “You, too, stay healthy, ________. If I return to find you having lost weight I’ll tickle you to death.”
I roll my eyes, but laugh when I hear his contagious chuckle. “Go, before your brother gets angry at me.”

“Alright.” Finally I get into the car and he closes the door for me. Putting one hand into his pocket, he waves at me with the other.

Separated by the car it finally sinks in that we’re going to be separated by more than just a thin window glass from now on.

As my brother pulls away, I feel lonely, because it feels like I had left an important part of me behind. The part I had given to him without realizing.

My heart.

image

Originally posted by sugutie




~~~
I'm like cringing at all the mistakes I didn't notice the first time I proofread this and now... omg haha I can't believe I published it like this before, for example instead of petals I wrote peddles.... ??? wth omg it probably is because I'm always so tired when I post sth, I'm sorry lol