Flutter

For You

image

Originally posted by jeonsshi

The next day, I walk into class expecting Jungkook to be sitting in his seat like he had the day before, but the chair next to mine is empty.
Feeling slightly bumped, I sit down and only halfheartedly listen to what our homeroom teacher is discussing with us. It's mostly just organizational stuff.

When she leaves, Lee takes a seat next to me and I feel the sudden urge to tell her to get off. Getting protective over a seat, I’m losing it. 
She instantly starts complaining, ‘’I can’t believe it.’’ I look at her irritated expression. ‘’Why couldn’t we have gone to SM or YG for our field trip?’’

“Field trip?” I question, not knowing what she was on about. Lee looks at me with disbelief on her face. I shrug, bashful. ‘’Wasn’t paying attention.“

‘’Obviously.’’ She mutters under her breath.

I roll my eyes, it’s not like she’s the ace in school… Actually, she is. ‘’Just tell me.’’

Jumping right back into her previous topic, she tells me that we were planning to go to an amusement park. I frown. That’s far away. Just a few days ago, we had gathered ideas of where we could go and have the parents make the choice ultimately. It's surprising that the decision was made already and at an amusement park at that, nothing educational about it.

’‘How are we getting there?’’ I ask cautiously.

‘’The school is renting a bus for us.” Seeing my relieved expression, she grins. ‘’Convenient, right?’’

At least that is taken care of and I won’t have to bother my brother by asking him to drive me, he already has a lot on his plate.

‘’SM and YG, what is that?“ I ask while I collect my things, getting ready to go to my next class.

‘’I rest my case,’’ she says, throwing up her hands in exasperation. ‘’Just go, I can’t look at you.’’ She drops her head dramatically. Weirded out, I leave her sitting there.

Joon being the drama king and Lee the drama queen, they should seriously just date already.

~ ~ ~

During lunch break, I sit out on the big steps like I had done the day before, the sun was back shining brightly and had dried yesterday’s rain from the concrete and stone. Eyes closed, I lean back with my hands supporting me and cross my angles, enjoying the comfortable silence.

Humming a random melody, swaying my head gently from left to right, I hear gravel moving and shortly after a shadow is cast over me, blocking the sun.

I open my eyes and find Jungkook standing in front of me. The sunlight around him makes him look angelic.
A smile breaks out on my face as I bow slightly in greeting. "Hello.”

Jungkook returns the greeting, pronouncing it in a funny yet cute way, grinning happily. It’s probably his dialect.
“Why are you here by yourself?” He asks while taking a seat next to me.

“My two idiot friends got in trouble, they’re getting punished,” I explain referring to Lee and Joon who had been caught sneaking off to get snacks. “That’s why I’m here.”

As I watch him with his eyes closed also enjoying the sunbeams on his face, I again can’t help but feel that he is really good looking, especially today.
When he notices me looking at him, he opens his eyes and faces me. His hair was set and styled parted on one side, making him look polished and put together. With his hair not covering his forehead anymore, I could see that his eyes are bigger than I first thought they were.

“I like it.” He states regarding this weather. I agree it’s really nice.

But when Jungkook looks me directly into my eyes I almost gasp, mesmerized. His eyes highlighted by the sunlight, looking dreamy and alluring, I can’t help and get a little flustered.
I look straight ahead and bring out an airy laugh. It sounds nervous to my own ears.

“Why?” Asking me with a surprised voice, Jungkook looks confused.

Slowly, I turn my head, facing him yet again, still not used to the eye contact. He really doesn’t know? His face says it all. He was completely unaware of the effect he could give a girl. But there is no way.

“Jungkook-ssi, you’re really handsome,” I say with a slightly teasing voice.

His face breaks out into his signature all cute and childlike smile upon hearing my compliment. He tries to hide it by dropping his head.
Seeing him like this makes me feel all warm and the corners of my mouth lift on their own accord.

Just like yesterday Jungkook raises his hand but unlike the day before he gently ruffles the top of my head instead, I look up at him startled yet again by his show of affection.

He was beaming, eyes almost disappearing behind his lids and prominent aegyo-sal. I pull my lower lip between my teeth. How come he is such a natural at being cute?

We settle into a comfortable silence, enjoying the moment. My heart slowing down from its’ frenzy, the smiles linger on our faces.
I don’t know how long we sat there but after a while, Jungkook starts humming.
I start swaying my feet to the soft melody. His voice, strong yet soft at the same time, was really soothing and like balm to the soul, and he was only humming.

Jungkook stops abruptly making me swing my gaze over to him. “What’s wrong?”

“Ah, I’m not supposed to reveal it.” Sheepishly pressing one hand against his eye, he explains it in short.

Confused by his answer, I think back to how he missed the first weeks of school and also how he only showed up today, basing on what Lee had 'taught’ me over the years, he might be in that industry.

“Are you perhaps a trainee?” That would explain his absence.

“No,” he glances at me and chuckles while thinking of something funny. “At least not anymore.”

Blinking repeatedly, I am more than surprised. “You’re a musician?” I exclaim loudly, but quickly cover my mouth with my hand. He nods.
“Woah,” I mutter nearly not believing it. Sneaking a glance at him, I notice that he almost looked cautious, awaiting my reaction. 

“No wonder your voice is so nice.” I smile, reassuring him that I wasn’t going to go 'fangirl’ mode on him. “I mean it’s like listening to an angel, you’re also really tall and good looking. I shouldn’t be so surprised, I mean, look at you…” I was rambling at this point and probably looked a little out of it. But I didn’t want him to think that I was going to act differently around him.

Jungkook had remained silent and only when I look at him do I see that he had thrown back his head back in silent laughter, letting me rant on.

Embarrassed, I’m more than relieved when the warning bell for the next class rings, giving me a reason to escape.
Swiftly jumping to my feet, I hurry across the field. Jungkook, voicing his laughter freely now, follows after me and catches up in no time.

“I’m not laughing at you.” I give him the I-don’t-believe-you face. In response, he chuckles amused. “Ah, you’re cute.” He teases me furthermore, closing his eyes deliberately while smiling, appearing even more adorable than he already is.

I walk away quickly, not wanting to get too affected by his aegyo and obviously fail.

~ ~ ~

Having made it into the changing room safely without any heart fluttering moments, I quickly change into a loose white shirt and a pair of black tights for class.
Walking in, I find Joon already sitting against the wall studying something on his iPad. As Jungkook hadn’t joined the class yet, I use this time to gather myself. What best way than to tease my friend?

“Hi, my stupid friend.” His head shoots up to shoot daggers at me. I sit down next to him. “What are you doing?”

He tilts the screen so I can see. “Beast’s dance practice video.”

“You think we’re going to start practicing today?”

He puts his tablet away. “Yeah, actually, before you came the teacher told us that we are. Now that you’re here there is only Kookie left.”

“Kookie what?” I ask him a little bit worried about what he might be talking about.

He distractedly explains by nodding towards the door while standing up. He walks towards the exit making me see that Jungkook had finally joined the class as well.

Joon walks towards him and they exchange a few words, then he turns back to me and tells me to hurry. What’s up with people telling me to hurry these days?
Lifting my heavy bag pack from the floor I swing it over one shoulder and make my way and join them in a triangle. 
Seeing Joon and Jungkook next to each other I can’t help but burst out laughing, failing to hide it when Joon glares at me.

“Why are you laughing?” From his voice, I think he already has a pretty good idea.

I put one hand on his shoulder almost in a comforting sense. “I never noticed you were so short.”
Saying it out loud made it even funnier. It’s just that he doesn’t only look smaller next to Jungkook but his frame also wasn’t as broad, making him look fragile.

“Ha, ha, ha.” He retorts sarcastically. “Very funny.” Then he just leaves the room, turning the corner.

Raising one eyebrow in confusion I face Jungkook, who looks entertained. “Where is Joon going?”

“We’re getting a room to ourselves, so the learning process isn’t as messy.” He explains and walks towards said room with me following him. Jungkook had also changed into more comfortable clothing, similar to what he wore the day before.

We enter the other room and find Joon having already set up the TV with the video on pause. I wonder when he had time to do all of this. 
Joining him, we place our backpacks against the wall and together we watch the aided material.
Subconsciously, I start following what the members were doing and earn a glare from Joon who was finding me distracting.

I ignore him as always. But it seems like something was wrong with him. Did something happen with Lee?
While I was pondering that I notice Jungkook looking at me. His eyebrows raised, eyes wider than normal. I look at him in question.

Seeing my confused expression, he straightens his face and gives me a thumbs up. Heat rushes to my face when I realize that he thought my miniature dancing was good.
I don’t usually blush that much, there’s definitely something wrong with me.

~ ~ ~

Exhausted from dancing the past half hour, we take a break sitting in a circle. Now, it’s not like it was my first time learning a full choreography but with the way the boys were putting a hundred and fifty percent into it, I didn’t want to be the one lacking behind.

Joon, I already knew, was a passionate dancer but Jungkook in my eyes was on another level.
As soon as we started he was able to pick up the dance moves with ease and it looked smooth and on point, while I was unsure and lacking. Even though we were only in the learning process of it all, there was no doubt that he was dedicated and a phenomenal performer.

I don’t know anything about a musician’s life or the road to becoming one but it seems like he has spent hours just dancing.
His control over his movements is incredible and admirable. Some moments I’d find myself just staring at him through the mirror, his face set with concentration looking fierce and masculine. He is really amazing.

“Kookie, give me my bag, please.” There Joon goes again with 'Kookie’ and since there are only three people in the room and I was not Kookie, I am pretty sure that this was his nickname for Jungkook.

Jungkook obediently reaches for Joon’s bag after taking a big gulp of water. How does he even make the most mundane actions look attractive?

Joon thanks him and walks out of the room, leaving only the two of us.

“Kookie?” I say teasingly, grinning at him. “Kookie Monster! Can I call you that as well?”

His face not pleased at all by my teasing, he straightens up his shoulders. “I don’t like it.” He looks at me for a moment. “What year were you born?”

“I’m an early 98liner.”

He claps his hands all of a sudden, excited at my response. “Then you can call me 'Oppa’.”

“Why?”

He grins. “I was born in 1997. So I’m older.”

I look at him, disbelief heavy on my face. “But I like Kookie better.” It is actually considered rude of me to not call him Oppa.
He pouts, displeased. “Kookie, Kookie, Kookie.” I taunt him playfully, finding this extremely amusing.

Suddenly, he goes from a cute pout to almost a sinister smile as he slowly goes on all fours, making me straighten up, weary.
I keep my eyes on him as he advances towards me like a predator. When he pushes up on his knees and wiggles his fingers, I instantly know what he is planning to do. Why does everyone want to tickle me?!

My eyes widen in horror. “Wait, hold on.” I hold my hand out wanting to hold him back. “No, no, no.” I end up screaming and slide back, escaping barely when he decided to mock jump at me.

He was laughing now, his nose crinkling cutely, but his intention was my main concern. His arms were raised, wanting to grab me.
I was short of wanting to beg when I spot Joon walking back into the classroom. I quickly dash over to him and hide behind him, using him as a shield from Kookie-Hulk.

“Ha!” I yell in victory making Joon jump.

Jungkook stops in his advance and smirks. OK, that made me worry. Joon steps away from me and looks at the both of us.

“Don’t do it, we’ve been friends longer,” I warn him, already knowing what Joon is thinking of doing.

He scratches his chin, pondering teasingly. “That might be true, but you weren’t very nice to me today.”

I had a second before I realize that he was going to bail on me, so I fail to grab onto him before he runs out and closes the door behind him, barricading from the outside.
Bumping my fists against the wall, I yell at him to open up. “I hate you.”

I groan and turn back around, dreading the worst and see Jungkook looking smug while having his arms crossed over his chest, showcasing his nice arms. “What are you going to call me from now on?”

I smile at him sweetly. “Kookie-Oppa?” I squeal when he runs at me, his laugh can be heard as he effortlessly catches up to me.

Twisting around, I try to fend off his hands. But of course, he’s faster and stronger, although he wasn’t using any force against me, he grabs my wrists and successfully captures me.

“OK, OK. I’ll call you Oppa.” I beg him desperately. “I’ll call you Oppa!”

He stops, “Oh, really?” He releases one hand. “If you insist.” And then he proceeds to mess up my hair. “I like that.”

A little more than annoyed, I glare at him and take a jab at his stomach, but he easily avoids. Not that weakling me could have caused any damage to Mr. Hulk over here.
“Aigoo.” I sigh over having lost so easily.

Jungkook bends down to my level and beams at me revealing his pearly whites like a little child. “Aigoo.” He mocks me then pinches my cheek. “So cute.”

My breath catches as he looks at me happily, making me aware of how close we were right now. My heartbeat accelerates and I pray that he can’t feel it because that was all I could hear in my ear. I can see his face very clearly now. His skin is really nice and is that a dimple on his right smile line?

As much as I wanted to stay angry at him, I couldn’t stop from joining him with a smile of my own. His eyes are my favorite to look at. But it might turn me into a tomato.
So, in order to prevent that, I put my index finger on his forehead and push him away, my last resolve of fighting him back. Of course, he chuckles in response. 
Weak of me, I know.

The bell rings luckily right on time and I go to check if Joon is still behind the door.

“Why is your bag so heavy?” I look over my shoulder to see that Jungkook had put on his own backpack while holding onto mine.

“I’m surprised you even notice it’s heavy.” I raise my eyebrows and eye his bulky arms hiding under his shirt.
He looks taken aback for a second but then starts flexing his muscles, showing off. Rolling my eyes at him, I hide the fact that I was trying very hard not to gape. Not that I can see anything. Still, can he please not?

I am already trying very hard not to look at his beautiful face, I definitely don’t need another reason to stare.
Focusing very hard on my backpack, I go to take it from his hand but he keeps it away from my reach. Instead, he puts his free hand on my shoulder and softly pushes me towards the door.

“Let’s go.” His voice again pronouncing it in a cute way, having switched to informal speech now that I had 'agreed’ to call him Oppa.

“Cute.” I coo at him, mocking him back.

Jungkook looks down at me with a smile lingering on his lips, I take this chance to memorize his face from up close.
Even his eyebrows are nice, framing his eyes nicely, balancing out his fresh face and slightly doe-like eyes. His lips, bottom one slightly fuller than the top one, were again nicely shaped. Does he have any flaw at all?

Since I probably should not stare at his lips for too long I look up at his eyes again, he was wiggling his eyebrows making me burst out into giggles.

Ah, have I ever not smiled around him?
 



~~~
Thanks for reading ^^