Tonight

For You

image

Originally posted by jvnghope

I touch the soft velvety petals of the rose as it sticks out the side of my laptop bag. It's so pretty. I never knew I single flower could make one so happy and lucky.

I was putting my jacket and I grabbing my beanie when Jungkook comes back into the studio holding something behind him. “What do you have there?” Putting on the beanie I walk over to him.

“Tada!” He pulls out his hand and holds it out for me to see.

“Uwa!” I look at the plushie. “That’s you, right?” The round eyes and bunny mouth kind of gave it away in an instant. It even had bunny-like ears. Now, if that isn’t an indication that he is an actual bunny, then I don’t know.

“Eoh.”

“That’s so cute.” I look up at him and then back at the plushie. “Where are your eyebrows?”

“Ah, that… During that time, my fringe always covered my eyebrows.” He explains sheepishly. ''It's part of my look.''

“That’s weird, somehow it looks more like a bunny to me.”

“Like this?” He imitates the obvious rabbit traits by lifting his hands over his head as ears and scrunching up his lips showing his actually bunny teeth.

“No, wait a second, bunnies have puffy cheeks as well.” Putting the plushie on the chair, I pinch his cheeks and giggle. “Aigoo, so cute.”

Smiling like a child, he takes my hand and with his other grabs my laptop bag from the chair, carrying it for me. Walking out of the studio together we pass the practice room for the trainees just as the door opens. Next to me, Jungkook stiffens and releases my hand.

Confused and taken aback by his action, I shove my hands into my pocket and subconsciously nibble on my bottom lip, unnerved.

“Hello.” The boy says bowing to him, looking at me curiously, he bows, too. I smile at him politely and bow my head, acknowledging but keeping quiet since I didn’t know if I should talk or not.

“Hello. Work hard.” Shyly, he bows his head and thanks Jungkook, scurrying off around the corner. He must be a new one if he is still so awkward.

An awkward silence settles around us as I avoid looking at him, feeling uncertain all of a sudden. I feel a tug on the sleeve of my jacket, making me peak up at him.

He looks apologetic. “________, I’m sorry about that.”

“Why?” I’m not sure if I was asking him why he was apologizing or why he did it then.

While he thinks his response over, he scratches his jaw. “The thing is, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

I had been looking at the ground, but my head lifts in confusion at his words. “Why would I get hurt?”

“There are people out there, that wouldn’t take our relationship well.” His vague words make me feel anxious.

I frown my thoughts all over the place. “Does that mean we aren’t allowed to be together?”

If that was the case why did he even confess his feelings to me? My heart feels like it’s a rollercoaster today. Up and down.

“No, no. I mean yes.” He stumbles across his words. “What I mean is that I have discussed this with the company already and that it’s OK for me to be in a relationship.”

“Did you get in trouble with the company?” The frown never leaves my face as his words keep making me feel worse.

He ruffles his hair. ‘’No, we never had a dating ban.’’

“Then why…?” I look in the direction the boy left to. “He is in the company, right?”

“That’s different, they’re not as bound as we are.” He looks at me sadly making my worry increase. “If word gets out through them, people would try to hurt you deliberately. Maybe I’m worrying for no reason, but your privacy would be gone.”

That’s a lot to take in. I wish he would’ve told me sooner. Not because I wouldn’t have gotten into this but then I would have treaded more carefully. I look up at him in concern. “Will Bangtan Oppas get in trouble if it comes out?”

Surprised by my words, Jungkook looks at me, mouth ajar. “You’re worrying about us?”

“Of course.” With no hesitance, my response spurts out. “You worked for so many years to achieve this, all of you. I don’t want your fanbase to think badly of you because of us.”

“It won’t. Don’t worry.” His reassuring eyes did nothing to soothe my worries but I let it go for now. His hand slide down the sleeve of my jacket and take my hand out of my pocket, lacing our fingers together.

I look at him surprised. “Aren’t you worried about the trainees?”

He looks down at me, his expression resolute. “I’ll just have to put my faith in them.”

‘’You sure, Oppa? I understand, you know.’’

‘’Yeah,“ he bumps my side playfully. ‘’Because I really want to hold my girlfriend’s hand right now.’’

The uncertainty that had taken place inside my heart goes away at once thanks to his sweet words.
Seeing the tension leave me, he squeezes my hands gently and pulls me along as we make our way out. Even though it all worked out well now, I can’t deny that deep inside I still was worried about the future. What does it hold for us?

~ ~ ~

‘’~I have something~’’ I look up at Jungkook when he starts to sing to me just like a few nights ago. ‘’~To say to you~’’ His deep voice clear just like the starry nights above us, piercing right through my soul, makes my heart warm up.
‘’~Out of the blue, tonight. I want to say this to you~’’ Carrying the melody with his raw vocals, I feel myself getting entranced. ‘’~I will give you everything, give you my all~ I’ll give you my love, that’s bursting out of my heart~’’ He turns his head, his eyes shining with affection.

‘’~For you, there is nothing, nothing I won’t do~.’’ I look back at him in awe, moved by the lyrics. ‘’~I will catch the stars and put them in your hands~.’’

Just like that night, Jungkook stops and turns me to face him, my heart jumps into my throat, remembering what he had said next.
His eyes roam my face, openly displaying his emotions, and stay on my lips for a second longer than normal.

The nervous, jittery feeling in my stomach doubles up as his gaze sharpens from determination.
From my shoulders to my jaw, he caresses my face tenderly in between his large hands as he gradually moves closer, his eyes clear with intent. Dropping his gaze from eyes to my lips, I close my lids right before his lips touch mine.

Our first kiss is sweet and innocent. His lips soft and fuller than I imagined, press more firmly as he pulls me closer, his fingers sliding deeper into my hair. His familiar scent surrounds my senses makes it almost overwhelming. Nervous yet eager, I follow his lead and kiss him back.

When he pulls away breathless, I realize that I had been holding my own from the nerves. Shakily, I breathe in and open my eyes when I feel his ticklish breath fanning across my lower lip, but drop my gaze shyly when I find him looking at me softly.

‘’Since you’re my girlfriend now, that was OK, right?’’ I blush, embarrassed, when I think of the stupid response I had given him the last time.
Without giving a response I giggle, still breathless. He chuckles with me. ‘’Ya, I should sing to you more often, it sets the mood.’’

Finding humor in his words, I look up at him playfully. ‘’What if my phone suddenly rings and my brother asks when I’m coming back home?’’

Not understanding at once, he looks at me confused, his head tilted to the side.

I raise my eyebrows, giving him a hint. ‘’Before you sleep, will you get angry at your blanket again?’’

As soon as he gets my pun, Jungkook laughs loudly and pulls me in for a hug, I wrap my arms around his waist. ‘’Do you not notice my dark thoughts? I’ll just try again next time.’’ He speaks into my ear cockily, using the song as his inspiration.

I slap the side of his waist, shuddering from the ticklish feeling. ‘’What the? That’s so weird coming from you.’’

Snickering loudly he pulls away just to pull my face close again and plants a firm kiss directly on my lips, not shy anymore. He looks at me smiling from ear to ear and it’s so heart-stopping to see his eyes shining brightly focusing solely on me.

For the second time today, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

* * * * * *

‘’~Love is so painful. Goodbyes are even more painful~.’’ Jungkook’s angelic voice plays in the background as I prepare our dinner for the night.

My phone flashes, Jungkook’s bear photo appearing as the caller I.D. ‘’Hello?’’ I answer on speaker mode.

‘’________, it’s me.’’ 

‘’Oppa.’’ I wipe my hands on a towel and go to stop the music.

‘’What are you doing?’’ I continue chopping some vegetables.

‘’I was just listening to some music while preparing tonight’s dinner.’’ I hear him yawn and I wish I was there to see his dimple.

‘’I heard.’’ He sounds amused before becoming my personal jukebox. ‘’~Love is so painful. Goodbyes are even more painful. I can’t go on if you’re not here. Love me, love me. Come back to my arms.~”

His voice as always never fails to make me melt, even though it was only through the receiver. ‘’Oppa, are you trying to set the mood again?’’

‘’Don’t you think I’m a little bit far away for that?’’ He jokes with me. I can imagine that his one eyebrow was raised when he said that.

‘’What are you doing right now?’’

I can hear an intake of breath, almost like a yawn. ‘’I’m in the dorm actually. Just woke up.’’

‘’’Just woke up?’’’ I look at the time incredulously. ‘’How long did you stay at the company after I left?’’

‘’… A few hours?’’ He says it like a child being scolded for staying out too long.

I sigh. ‘’At least you slept in your bed tonight. Have you eaten lunch yet?’’

‘’No, I’m still in bed.’’ I close my eyes in disbelief and count to ten. ‘’Why aren’t you saying anything?’’

‘’I’m just trying to process it all.’’ He yawns again. ‘’You know the longer you stay in bed the more tired you will get.’’ I can hear him chuckling. ‘’Oppa, go wash your face and make something to eat.’’

‘’I don’t want to. I want you to cook for me.’’

I smile. ‘’Don’t you think I’m a little bit far away for that?’’

‘’Far away for what?’’ I jump hearing the sudden voice of my brother behind me.

I spin around, eyes wide. ‘’Oh, Oppa, you’re home, already?’’

‘’Hm, you didn’t hear me?’’ He takes off his suit coat and walks over to me, giving me a kiss on my temple. ‘’Making dinner?’’

I nod my head and peek at my phone. Still connected, but Jungkook stays quiet on the other line. Hopefully, my brother didn’t hear him before he scared me.

‘’Jungkook-goon, hello.’’ My brother speaks loud enough for the phone to receive it. I close my eyes. Oh, no. ‘’It’s been a while.’’

‘’Oh, hello, Sir.’’ Jungkook sounds more awake now. I stifle a laugh. ‘’Did you just come from work?’’

My brother steps next to me looking at the phone, seeing the photo. ‘’Yeah, just in time to have dinner with my precious sister.’’ I roll my eyes. One day I'm ugly and the next I'm precious. 

‘’You’ve worked hard.’’ Is the only comment Jungkook gives to my brother’s little jab.

‘’So, have you already asked my sister out?’’ I look at my brother open-mouthed and hit his arm, mouthing ‘stop it’ in exasperation.

‘’Yes, that’s already taken care of, Sir.’’ Now, I look at the phone in astonishment. How can he just say it so openly?

‘’Good, I was starting to get the feeling that you weren’t as great of a person as my instinct told me.’’ I shake my head, my soul leaving me completely.

‘’That’s not it, I’ll take good care of her.’’ I can’t help but smile at Jungkook’s determined tone.

‘’Good, good. Now that this is out of the way, when will you be joining us for dinner?’’

I groan and step in. ‘’You’re hardly ever home, how is that going to work?’’

He holds his palm out toward me signaling that he’s got this covered. ‘’Jungkook-goon, how is it?’’

‘’Yes, whenever you welcome me.’’ He responds boldly, not at all flustered by my brother.

‘’Great, I’ll be waiting.’’ Which basically means that I have to take care of the details.

My brother pats me on my shoulder and leaves, my glare following him out the kitchen. I grab my phone and switch off the speaker mode. ‘’Aigoo.’’

‘’Why?’’ Jungkook asks sounding amused.

‘’Why? Was I the only one that felt uncomfortable during all of this?’’ I shake my head. ‘’At least this woke you up.’’

I can hear him clearing his throat. ‘’You should be proud of me, I’m not in my bedroom anymore.’’

‘’Where are you now?’’ I take a seat on the kitchen table.

‘’ ________, good morning!’’ I hear Taehyung’s voice faintly in the background.

‘’Let me guess, you’re not in your room but in Taehyung-ssi’s room?’’

Jungkook laughs cutely. ‘’Something like that.’’

For the millionth time, I shake my head. ‘’What do I do with you?’’

My brother sits down in front of me as Jungkook speaks. ‘’Cook for me?’’

‘’Sure,’’ I answer not wanting to reveal anything to my brother.

‘’Really?’’ Sounds like he jumped up from the bed, surprised to hear me give in.

‘’Hm,’’ I respond nonchalantly.

‘’Really?’’

‘’Hm.’’

‘’Now?’’

‘’Sure,’’ I respond uncommittedly, seeing my brother smile.

‘’Your brother is in front of you, isn’t he?’’ Jungkook was stifling a laugh.

‘’Something like that,’’ I say vaguely so my brother wouldn’t figure out that we were talking about him.

He releases his laugh. ‘’Alright, I’ll let you go now, or I feel like you’ll say yes to anything.’’

‘’Yes,’’ I say mockingly.

‘’________, bye!’’ Taehyung’s voice yells once more this time closer.

‘’Taehyung-ssi, bye!’’ I smile. ‘’Can he hear?’’

‘’No, but I will tell him.’’ He sighs contently. ‘’________, I’ll see you at the concert.’’

When my only response is ‘yes’, he laughs loudly and I’m sure my brother could hear. ‘’Bye bye.’’

We hang up and I resume my glare at my brother. ‘’Was that really necessary?’’

‘’I’m just inviting him to dinner.’’ He shrugs his shoulders.

‘’I’ll gladly repeat, you have trouble finding time to have dinner with me, how is that going to happen with Jungkook-Oppa.’’

‘’’Oppa’? He’s older than you? Isn’t he in your class?’’

‘’He is a 97liner.’’ I didn't feel like explaining how he enrolled a year later so he could focus on his debut instead.

He makes a pensive sound. ‘’Anyway that dinner thing, you’ll work it out. Since we are already talking about work, I’ll fill you in now.’’

Instantly, I feel worried. ‘’Is everything alright at work?’’

He smiles reassuringly. ‘’Nothing is wrong. My company is expanding to Japan, and they will be needing me there.’’

My heart drops. ‘’What? Japan?’’ That’s far away for work. He nods silently, watching my reaction. ‘’Are we moving?’’

‘’I am,’’ I look at him sharply. ‘’You can stay here.’’

‘’By myself?’’ I was perplexed to say the least.

‘’________, I know this is a lot to take in but I don’t want you to have to adapt again. You just started out at SOPA.’’ He sighs. ‘’I wouldn’t put that pressure on you.’’

‘’But then I will be alone.’’ Tears spring to my eyes at my own words.

‘’________, you won’t be alone, I’ll return at least once a month.’’

‘’I-I need a moment. I’ll be in my room.’’ Without giving him a chance to say anything, I dash up from my seat and sprint into my room.

The memories of my father leaving us all when I was young appear in front of my eyes, the sound of his last lies projecting in my ears like an echo. The tears drop as I squeeze my eyes tight and hold my hands over my ears.

~ ~ ~

‘’________, can I come in?’’ My brother asks after knocking.

‘’Yes, of course.’’ No matter what, I would never lock him out.

I had my knees pulled up to my chin, sitting on the bed. With a sad smile, he walks in and sits down next to me, having changed into more comfortable clothing. For a while, we don’t say anything.

‘’________,‘’ I stop him with a hand on his arm.

‘’Can I speak first?’’ When he nods, I continue. ‘’I overreacted. I was thinking of how father left us all. I guess the child in me was scared that you would leave me, too.’’

‘’I would never do that.’’

I breathe deeply. ‘’I know that, which is why I will be OK.’’

He looks at me. ‘’Are you sure? I can decline the offer.’’

‘’Yes, it will work out. I can’t be scared forever and I wouldn’t want to sabotage your future.’’ I say genuinely.

‘’You really have grown up. It’s hard to let you go.’’ He had a somber smile on his face.

‘’You are the one going, not me.’’ I look at him weirdly.

‘’There is someone else in your life now.’’ I smile at the mention of Jungkook. ‘’Is he someone you can lean on?’’

I think back to the day I told him about my mom and the many times I felt like he was my personal protection shield. ‘’Yes.’’

‘’That’s good.’’ He pats my knee. ‘’Let’s get downstairs, I finished up dinner.’’

I look at him, thrown off. ‘’You made dinner? I have to see this myself.’’

‘’Hey, I’ve always been a great cook.’’ He says defensively.

‘’That’s why I have to see because it’s definitely the first time for me to hear this coming from your mouth.’’

‘’You just wait and see,’’ he squints at me playfully. ‘’The taste will make you faint.’’

‘’Yeah, from food poisoning,’’ I mutter not so quietly.

‘’I heard that.’’

I laugh. ‘’Just kidding.’’

‘’Come, before I decide to throw the food at you.’’ Laughing, I follow him, feeling like a big weight was lifted from my shoulders.



~~~

reading that one scene took a lot of energy from me... how did I manage to write that back then? Oh, right, I pushed it away until I forced myself to lol how I finished writing a fluff fanfic while having to punch the air every time is beyond me... I don't think I'd be able to do it again... 

I hope you liked this chapter… I had a hard time finding the gif so I just chose this as it kinda looks like he is kissing the tree…. just imagine you are the tree haha -K