Getting Closer

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Knock Knock*

“Yes?”Jong Hyun pauses a little from listening and editing songs in his computer and looks at the door of his production room. 
“Jong Hyun-ssi. Are you going to sleep here again tonight?” Asks the security officer of the building.
“Ahh no. I will be out in a few minutes to have dinner.” He says casually working back on his songs. 
“Oh late dinner. It’s almost 11 in the evening.” The officer informs him. 
“What?” He suddenly jolts from his chair and stands up to search for his phone until he finds it with a dead battery. 
“Damn it!” The look of worry and guilt is now visible on his fce thinking about the dinner that she prepared. 
“We had a system failure this morning. The computers are set on a different date and time. IT people will fix it tomorrow.” The officer continues to explain but he doesn’t seem to understand anything. He just wants to go home and check on her. It makes him feel nervous thinking about her. He hurries outside the room as fast as he can.
“Flowers work well with a mad girlfriend!”  The officer hurriedly shouts at him with a huge smile on his face as Jong Hyun rushes outside the room as if running for his life. The officer must have figured out Jong Hyun is off to some important dinner seeing him so rattled like that. Jong Hyun didn’t look back instead he just raises his hand bidding goodbye to the officer.

Luckily FNC office is just near his apartment. He arrives in a few minutes but still so late for dinner. He opens the door slowly and goes straight to the kitchen. He notices the untouched bowls of food and the empty plates arranged neatly for the two of them. “Oh God! She prepared this much and she probably hasn’t eaten yet.” He sighs carrying all the guilt in the world. He walks a little more going to his room and notices the dim lights inside still hoping she’s still awake reading books or writing, the things she normally does. Soon as he reaches the sliding door, the image of a beautiful girl sleeping peacefully in his bed welcomes him. He stands for a moment thinking of what to do. 
“Should I wake her up and we’ll eat or just let her sleep and we’ll eat tomorrow morning?” He can’t think clearly at all. He walks on the window blinds near her side of the bed which she forgot to close because of her whimpering earlier.

“Jong Hyun-ssi…?” She mumbles with her eyes still half-closed. He is standing just above one of the lights making his expression visible through her eyes. 
“Hey.” He answers softly trying not to fully wake her up. They stare at each other for some seconds. It feels like they can clearly see each other’s beautiful brown eyes despite the darkness in the room. Their stares seem to deepen, both hearts are thumping.
“Do you want to eat?”
“Did you eat already?”
The two speak at the same time thinking of the same thing. They both smile reducing the tension inside the room.
“I am really sorry. I didn’t notice the time.” He says suddenly bending his knees, almost sitting on the floor trying to get a closer look of her who is still laying on his bed. He holds on the bed side table near her head to support his body. 
“I got so focused working on a new song. I swear I didn’t forget about the dinner.” He apologetically says. He’s feeling all weird as if saying sorry to a mad girlfriend. Seung Yeon on the other hand freezes her whole body while he is apologizing right in front of her face. She can definitely feel his sincerity. She tries to control her breathing but she can’t hold it for long. Her heart beats crazily again just by being so close with him. Like a thunder hitting her whole nerves causing her to be immobile for some seconds. 
“It’s okay. You don’t have to explain. Do you want to eat now?” She offers wiping away all the sulking earlier. Jong Hyun gives her a very excited nod and a cute smile showing off his two dimples. 

“This is the best Ramen I’ve tasted in my whole life!” He exclaims sipping the last spoonful of broth in his bowl.
“Eeeyy! Don’t exaggerate things. You’re just saying it because you think I am mad.” She says probing his honesty. 
“Okay. It’s not the most delicio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter