The First Hello

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About 23:00 in the evening, Gong Seung Yeon - a girl in plain white under shirt and a blue jumper skirt, around 163cm in height gets caught up on an unforeseen situation upon landing at Tokyo International Airport. She is wearing a black vibrate cap and a reading glass with a black frame, her long brown hair flowing freely on her front. Beside her are the two black luggage and a white and blue back sitting on top of one of the luggage. The line in the information desk is taking a while to move. She can already hear sighs from two English men behind her, almost angry because of her long business with the desk receptionist.

 

“This. Not Working.” The Japanese lady tries her best to speak in English. She’s helping her find a hotel room in or near Shibuya.

“Can you try this one?” Seung Yeon also tries to communicate in English to the trainee receptionist.

“Also not working.” The young lady responds to her again now with her eyebrows slightly raised.

“Please try it again. It should be working.” She notices the lady is already irritated because of her card not working but she needs to insist because she doesn’t have any cash for her hotel booking.

“This is the last time I will try this. If still this doesn’t work then you need to stay on this side and wait for this line to finish. I need to accommodate other people, the line is getting longer now.” The lady speaks in full Japanese. She doesn’t understand any of it. She looks at the man behind her but he just shakes his head meaning he also did not understand what she said. The Japanese lady returns her two cards.

“What to do? What to do?” She speaks in Korean after hearing the word ‘next’ from the Japanese lady. Now she’s feeling lost, confused and rattled about what will happen with her card not working and about not knowing any Japanese word. She walks a little to the side then suddenly she hears a manly voice speaking in full Korean.

 

“She said you need to wait here until everyone in this line is done.” He says in Korean. He doesn’t usually interact with people but this time he felt like a sudden urge to speak and help the girl. She promptly turns her head to look at the guy. A tall young man wearing a dark green shirt and cargo pants dazes her. He is really handsome, masculine figure and a very white skin – she says inside her mind as she continuously stares at him – his beautiful brown eyes. She tries her best to hide her admiration on his physical appearance but it is just hard not to appreciate his beauty. He as well is staring at her but he can’t fully figure out her facial features because of the cap and the eye glasses that she is wearing.

“Are you Korean?” She asks walking closer to him still trying to figure out how this man seems to be a bit familiar to her.

“Yes.” He answers plainly in Korean. But as she gets closer to him, he also recognizes a familiar face. Someone he sees almost every day in Korea but he is not sure where. Then his mind went blank as she takes her steps nearer to him. He can’t think straight noticing the fine and smooth skin of her face, her white skin same as his, her small waistline and well-toned legs. Everything around him seems to blur out and the only clear thing on his brown eyes is her, smiling sweetly in front of him, her hair dancing beautifully into the air when she flips it off her shoulder. His world suddenly becomes so bright and lively. But this moment doesn’t last long when her voice snaps on his ear again and again.

“Hello. Hello. Can you tell the Japanese lady to try these cards again?” She asks him for a favor still hoping her personal cards will work.

“Here’s my driver’s license.” He says after the two English men in front of him leaves the line. He is now speaking in Japanese as he verifies his car rental reservation making him appear cool to her. As requested, he asks the lady to try on her cards but unfortunately neither is working.

 

“Sorry. But I think you can’t use any of these. Seems like this is your first time to use these cards outside Korea. Better call your bank but at this hour no one will answer you and the next two days are weekends.” The way he explains to her makes him sound as if he has travelled a lot before. Her face is now gloomy and miserable thinking of the amount of cash she has inside her wallet. Because she depends too much on her card and never thought something like this might happen, she is now oblivious on what to do.

“Do you have any relatives or friends here?” He asks politely. He tries to take another look straight on her eyes but she’s trying to avoid his eyes now. Until now he is still wondering about her identity and why she is so familiar to him.

“Ah yes. A friend lives here so I should be fine. Thank you for your help.” She lies to him about having a friend in Japan. The way she said it he knows that she is lying. She takes a 90degree bow and walks away from him pulling all her luggage. She stops at the waiting area near the airport exit and sits to check on her wallet.

 

“Otoke. Can I sleep here? But it’s going to be three nights and it’s not a good idea Seung Yeon-ah.” Now she is talking to herself. She looks around and notices there is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter