The End???

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Time (December 2020)

Chapter 2 continuation

 

But Seung Yeon’s eyes are still glued on him, wanting him to say more so she can hear his voice more. Seeing him again face to face relieves that promise…that promise he made at the premier night three years ago…

 

“Let’s go!” Lee Sang Yeob’s voice breaks the deadly silence in the parking area. He tightens his grip to Seung Yeon’s hand forcing her to move inside her van. Her eyes do not want to leave his longing gaze but she has no choice but to endure the pain and go. She shifts her body towards the open door of her van ready to step inside when a strong hand holds on her other hand. The warmth of his touch travels directly to her heart recognizing a familiar touch.

“Seung Yeon-ah. Can I call you?” Jong Hyun boldly asks with a sense of urgency in his voice due to Sang Yeob’s presence in her life right now.

She can’t look directly in his eyes and no word escapes to answer his question. Seeing him again today is just too much for her to handle. Everything that happened between them came flashing in her mind in an instant. They are sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. She’s out of her mind remembering those memories and the next thing she knows is that she’s already inside her van on its way outside the parking area.

 

Seung Yeon wakes up with the sun shining on a cold winter day; people are so happy celebrating the Christmas spirit. She rolls over the bed thinking of how things will turn up now that he’s back.

“How dare the world celebrate while I am still in pain?” She talks at the back of her mind. She feels the world is mocking her, she feels really cheated by everyone.

“Our story has three parts: the unexpected HELLO, the bitter GOODBYE and EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN. It’s such a roller coaster ride, a whirlwind romance. One year of being together. Although all stories unfold like ours - a beginning, middle and an end, I just can’t believe ours didn’t go on forever, a happy ever after as they say.” She continues talking to herself as she stares at the empty white ceiling of her room. She gets distracted with her thoughts when an unknown number flashes through her phone. Her heart starts to pound so loud again in a familiar beat after three years.

“Hello…” Jong Hyun’s sad honey-like voice greets her.

“Who- Who’s this?” She stutters over a simple question. Her heart is feeling pain and joy at the same hearing his voice again.

“It’s me…” He answers with a breaking heart. He can’t believe that the voice she’s always hearing three years ago is an unfamiliar sound to her ear now. He’s holding back his tears after remembering everything is all his decision in the first place.

“Seung Yeon-ah..Can we talk?” He speaks with so much guilt in his voice. His heart is beating so fast waiting for her answer. There is no other way to explain things to her other than talking. She’s not responding for quite some minutes, still composing herself if she can finally face him again.

 “7pm. The usual place.” She answers with hesitation in her voice. She immediately hangs up and dugs herself inside her comforter. She agreed because this is also what she wants. She can finally say those words creeping in her mind and heart for the past three years. This is her time to let go of the thoughts that’s holding her to move finally move forward.

 

Fifteen minutes before 7pm Jong Hyun arrives at the place she said- the usual place where they always meet in private for one year. It’s a hill overlooking the serene and beautiful Han River. Nothing grand about this place but it feels heaven whenever they have their secret dates here. It’s just them, just the two of them having their happiest times just being together. Remembering those days makes his heart swell with pain and regret for breaking up with her. He goes out of his car to get some fresh air. He rests his bottom at the hood of his car and looks at the clear sky, admiring the beauty of the moon and stars above him.

“I hope this time you’ll be good to me.” He talks at the bright stars shining in front of his eyes.

“Jong Hyun-ssi…” Seung Yeon’s voice rings in his ear. His heart bursts into a million pieces again with the way she calls him now. Jong Hyun-ssi, he repeats in his mind. It’s the same sweet voice but it is completely different now – cold, empty and lonely. She walks bravely beside him and calmly sits beside him at the hood of his car.

“It’s pretty, right?” She starts the conversation looking at the sky with a force smile in her face. She looks so brave but she’s actually breaking inside.

“Yes. Always pretty.” He answers sincerely but his eyes are staring at her. He takes a longing gaze at her face – the smile that makes him tremble, her lips that makes him laugh hard and her whole presence that makes him complete and happy.

“It’s been three years. And I can’t believe that you really came back.” She finally hits the trigger shooting explosive bullets of emotion in his heart.

“That’s what I promised you.” He reverts with all honesty.

“Do you still remember how crazy we were back then? How we managed to date in private for one year – in your car, in my van, in our apartments, in parking lots, in Japan, in Busan…in here… We didn’t really care because we’re together. And that’s all that mattered to us back then. If we were to be seen, it would seem like we are the perfect couple. Two people, binded by love and joy. It woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter