What Ifs

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was almost up at six in the morning and the two didn’t seem to run out of things to talk about. They were just sitting in front of his computer inside his production room. Lee Jong Hyun has just opened his other world to her, his love for music and she seemed pretty impressed on this side of him as a musician. They listened to some of his compositions which are still work in progress and she told her honest opinion about each songs which he finds very attractive. The way she smartly talks about these things makes her even prettier.

“We need to walk back home before more people are out in the streets. And it must be very tiring for you to stay awake all night.” He’s still thinking about her even if he doesn’t want to end things between the two of them.
“Okay. You should also rest.” She responds really fast to avoid the awkward feeling of parting away. 

“Are you not coming in?” She asks standing in front of his door the moment they reached his apartment.
“It’s weird that I am asking the owner of the house  if he wants to go in or not.” She says with a sweet laugh.
“I will be back after an hour or two maybe. Mariko will be hosting a big party for one of her customer in her restaurant. I promised that I will drive her husband going to the market.” He explains looking for the car keys inside his pocket.
“Ahmm.” He clears his throat and they stare awkwardly against each other.
“You can just leave the door key in the kitchen table in case I haven’t come back before you leave.” He doesn’t really know if he’s making any sense. He wants to stop her but it might sound too obvious. 
“Thank you again Jong Hyun-ssi.” She gives a little bow still holding the flower he gave early this morning. She hurriedly goes inside to fix her things and get ready to leave.

Not long after a quick shjower, she hears gentle knocks on the door. She is hesitating to open it since she’s all alone inside and worried that it might be a girl related to Jong Hyun. She takes light steps towards the door and takes a peek over the small hole. She’s surprise to see someone familiar.

“Hey..” She exclaims excitedly after opening the door.
“Good morning Seung Yeon-ssi. Sorry to bother you this early. Is Jong Hyun still here?” Mariko asks looking so worried.
“He left around thirty minutes ago. He said he needs to drive your husband to the market.” She explains.
“Oh no. I tried to contact him but his phone seems to be off. There is a slight change for today’s event. Otoke.” She looks down on the cute little girl hiding and hugging on her thighs.
“Oh hi there sweetie!” She bends her knees and pinches her slightly on her chubby cheeks.
“Is there a way I can help?” She looks up again at Mariko. Now she’s getting a hint of the problem.
“This might be very embarrassing but can you look after my niece for today? We’re all busy at the restaurant so I cannot take care of her. I was about to ask Jong Hyun because she knows him already but he left a bit early. I am so sorry Seung…” Before Mariko can even finish what she’s saying, Seung Yeon stands up and grabs her hand.
“Eeey. No worries. I’m glad to help.” Her warm smile seems to erase all of Mariko’s worries. 
“Nana, please be good to Aunt Seung Yeon. She’ll be your mom for today. Don’t give her stress. Okay?” Mariko cups her small face then gives a deep kiss on her cheek. 

An hour already passed and Nana is still not saying much to Seung Yeon. She’s just playing into her coloring books and pens while Seung Yeon who is sitting beside her on the floor scribbles over her calligraphy hobby. This is her first time to baby sit a 6year old kid and she’s really unsure of what to do. She can sense Nana taking little peeks on what she is doing.

“Want to try?” She finally gets some words for Nana.
“My mom also likes writing like this but since she always fights with dad, she sent me here in Japan with Aunt Mariko.” Nana innocently confesses. She’s just laying on the carpet making herself busy with her coloring but Seung Yeon can feel the sadness in her voice.
“Come over here. Aunt Seung Yeon will teach you calligraphy.” She picks her up on the floor and lets her sit in front of her. 
“Then what are we goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter