Goodbye?

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ohh. Look who’s our guest today. My dear Jong Hyun-ie.” Kwang-jin starts to bother him who is still busy eating.

“You must be hiding here in Japan. Were you afraid to go in jail after that scandal broke? I wished you were in jail with your Yong Hwa hyung. You both deserve it!” Kwang-jin flashes a nasty look on his eyes but Jong Hyun is not paying attention to him at all, just eating casually. Seung Yeon on the other hand feels afraid as she can see traces of anger on his face. But she is also wondering why Jong Hyun does not care on what he is saying.

 

“Kwang-jin!” Mariko’s wife, the owner of the restaurant sees Kwang-jin and shouts at him warning him to stop.

“What? I am not doing anything wrong to him dad! I am just welcoming him here!” He snorts at his dad then shifts his attention to Seung Yeon. She suddenly looks down feeling a bit scared of his appearance. He is a tall man wearing a black shirt and pants, his hair is long and tied at the back. The other guys are looking the same way as him. They really look like typical gangsters who can eat her alive.

 

“Oh hi beautiful lady.” He says but she is not responding as well because she’s scared, her eyes still on the table.

“I didn’t realize that this trash is dating a beautiful girl like you.” He speaks in Japanese. She doesn’t understand it but she thinks that he is greeting him. She slowly turns her head and builds her courage to look at him again when Jong Hyun who is so quiet suddenly interrupts the silence.

 

“Leave her alone Kwang-jin.” He says in a very deep serious voice. His eyes are staring to him like a wolf. Now it’s Kwang-jin who is not paying attention to what he is saying. He extends his hands to reach on Seung Yeon’s hands. Jong Hyun purposely drops his chopsticks on the table to get Kwang-jin’s attention then stands up slowly as his temper is starting to run out. Seung Yeon who does not understand what is happening somehow feels frightened on the look on Jong Hyun’s face. She thinks he is a different person now, so different from the bubbly Jong Hyun she just met an hour ago. The rest of the guys behind Kwang-jin alerts for a possible move from Jong Hyun. He is still keeping his calm but his eyes are displaying a very deadly stare at Kwang-jin.

 

“Okay. I get it.” Kwang-jin stops from holding her hand and laughs at him.

“Son, please stop. You and your friends’ food are almost ready on that table. Please leave them alone here.” Mariko is in perfect timing to stop Kwan-jin from whatever he is thinking. She holds Kwang-jin’s arm and drags him to their table far from them. Before leaving the table, she spoke to Seung Yeon in Korean telling she’s sorry for her son’s behavior.

“Give me a second mom. It might be rude to just walk away from this beautiful Korean girl without saying a word. You guys can sit over there then I will follow.” Kwang-jin heard her mom speak in Korean then instructs the boys to follow on his mom’s directions. He bends his back reaching for her head and whispers something.

 

“If I were you, I will run for my life now while I still have time. The guy in front of you is a very dangerous man. He almost got himself in jail, in case you didn’t know.” He stands up and smiles at her sending tremor all over her body. She’s starting to sweat thinking about the scandal he is talking about earlier and the possibility that he’s done something wrong in Korea that’s why he said he doesn’t want to go back there. She suddenly thinks about ual assault which happened to be a common case among actors and idols in Korea. Somehow Kwang-jin succeeds in poisoning her mind. Though she wants to give Jong Hyun the benefit of doubt, she can’t think clearly feeling so protective of herself. She feels like all her blood comes up in her head making her legs feel weak and shaky.

 

“Stay away from her. Don’t dare involve her in this petty angst of yours.” Jong Hyun tries to warn him on whatever crazy thing he might do in the future. But he knows Kwang-jin is a selfish narrow-minded man who will not believe in his words. Now he is curious and afraid on what he said to Seung Yeon. 

“I think I have your ace card this time. Now I know your weakness, my dear Jong Hyun-ie.” He threatens him in Japanese m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter