Stay With Me

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon is still intensely staring at him as his hands gently caress the cramp on her right leg. He seems too focused on making her feel well. She’s drowning in feels again as she looks at the beautiful features of his face with the thoughts of how he’s still the only man who makes her heart flutter after all this time.

“Does it still hurt?” He stops looking so troubled about the tears falling on her cheeks.  

“Yes. A lot.” She answers as casual as possible. But this time she’s referring about her heart ache, forgetting about her cramps.

“Tell me where exactly it hurts.” He says not picking up what she meant with her answer. He starts to give gentle massage from her leg down to her foot.

“In here.” She places her hand at the top of her chest, pointing to her heart. He gives a blank look at her answer. Now he’s crumbling with guilt and regret. He’s speechless again as he looks at her with eyes begging for forgiveness. He looks down on the empty white sheets of his bed thinking of what to say.

“Can you help me walk over your veranda? I want some fresh air.” She says after lifting her back away from the pillow. He hops off from the bed and stands in front of her thinking of how to support her weight as she takes on her first step. She looks to him with surprised eyes the moment she felt his hand around the surface of her waist. It feels strange but good.

“Sorry. I was just trying to help..” He immediately pulls his hand away then she trips off unexpectedly losing her balance. She tries to grip into his chest but he is caught off-guarded losing his balance as well. They fall over his bed with Seung Yeon lying flatly on top of him. His world stops again feeling the weight of her small body all over his and their faces almost close to an accidental kiss. The butterflies in her stomach are on a party mode again, dancing and singing over that intimate look to her. He can’t think clearly feeling all in with those beautiful amber eyes. She can still smell the strong scent of wine he had earlier at the party from his upbeat breathing.

“I need to breath…I mean I need some air.” A cute mistake spurts as her thoughts becomes all messed up. She awkwardly slides off her body at the side and starts to gather all her strength to stand up again all by herself. It takes them until forever to finally reach the veranda.

   

She rests her arms on the railings of the fence and Jong Hyun finds a perfect spot few steps beside her. She takes a deep and long gasp, taking some fresh air inside her weak body. They are just standing silently side by side. Neither of them wants to break the silence. Jong can sense she has something to say but unsure of what it is about.

“Aren’t you cold?” He starts with the basics. He gives a worried look but she’s not turning her head towards him. She’s just staring blankly at the open space in front of them.

“No. It actually feels fresh in here.” She replies with a straight face.

“I’m sorry…” He’s giving another shot to keep the conversation going. He pauses for some seconds waiting for any response from her but she doesn’t have anything to say for now.

“I’m sorry if all that ever gets out of my mouth is “I’m sorry” for those years I was not able to tell you the truth…Our little forever might be short-lived but I just want you to know..it was the best for you and for us.” He says after clearing his throat. Feels like all the words that he has prepared before went all gone and scrabbled.

 

“Soyou unnie once told me that the reason why I can’t move on from our past is that because I am looking for closure. Maybe she was right. Maybe I really wanted that or I really craved for it. Because I want answers about why it ended, about how it ended…” She bravely starts off with heavy statements. He looks at her with surprised look but she’s still staring blankly in the space.  

“But is closure really going to make me feel better?” She looks up at the bright stars above them, as if talking to them and asking for their opinion. She pauses for a little fighting so hard with her emotions.

“To get closure is to finally end the chapter of us in this relationship. It’s to close the book, and to pull down all the curtains. But, if the breakup is already said and done, what good is it to rehash the old wounds?” She stops again and takes the courage to look at him for a few seconds with a forced smile on her face.

“I once thought that closure sounds quite lovely. It sounds like a cure-all for my break-up woes. For three long years I tried so hard and did everything to make the hurt stop, to make the pain go away, to finally move on and to finally let go.” She takes another pause as she takes on a more heart-breaking part of her confession. She stays calm and relax as she goes along.

“This is exact same reason why I don’t want to listen to your reasons when you came back. I’m afraid closure could make me feel more miserable. I am going to hear about the truth, about why you broke up with me. I am going to hear about why you chose to break my heart and left me with the promise that you will come back. And I’m going to see your face again, feel the butterflies, and pretend they don’t exist. Then I’m going to go home and feel crumbling all over the same person again. But look where am I now, standing close to the person I love feeling all these butterflies, standing beside the person who also broke my heart, standing inside this house that used to be our home.” She chuckles a little wanting to give a humorous statement but she fails. She’s laughing but at the same time a tear starts to run out of her tired eyes.

“I guess I am really bound to hear the side of your story. And I am giving this chance to you not because I want to, but because I know that you deserve it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter