Hello! or Goodbye?

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present time (December 2020)

Lee Jong Hyun is nervously waiting behind the huge panel board of a certain studio in SBS building, waiting to be called. He keeps on rubbing his fingers as if he can find relief to his throbbing heart. He can’t really remember the last time he had a live broadcast for an interview. Maybe that was three years ago – 2 years doing the military service and a year of an almost hiatus state. Almost hiatus because he decided to take a rest for a while but he is still doing CNBlue related stuff like composing and performing when needed.

“I should not be feeling this nervous because I am with my brothers, Yong Hwa hyung, Min Hyuk-ie, and Jung Shin-ie.” He says while taking some small steps back and forth to ease up his nervousness.

But it’s not actually helping. His thoughts are really rumbling right now - about the military service, about his semi-hiatus and about her. That’s right, she’s a part of his uneasiness. Maybe not only a part but probably she’s the main reason why he is feeling so anxious.

 

But that was three years ago, maybe he means nothing to her now. He doesn’t know and he doesn’t want to admit. He really doesn’t know about how to go back. He doesn’t have any news about her now after coming back from the military service.

 

“I am troubled if they will ask about her, about what we had and about what will happen now.” All of these are eating out all the energy in him when suddenly a voice echoes in his ears.

 

“Hana…Dul…Set!” someone hits the familiar sound of a slate meaning cameras are now rolling.

“Annyeong Haseyo! We are live today for another episode of the Healing Camp!” says Lee Kyung Ku doing the traditional opening speech.

“That’s right! I heard we have four handsome gentlemen waiting in the back stage.” Sung Yu Ri-ssi, the actress MC follows him.

“Why do you look really excited? I am equally handsome as them.” Kim Je Dong tries to joke around.

“Aigoo. Let’s not prolong the agony of our viewers. They have been waiting for them for more than 2 years. Let’s call in CNBlue!” The cheer of viewers is making him more nervous than earlier. This is it! There’s no way out other than being honest. Jung Shin taps him on his shoulder signaling that they should enter the studio now. He tries to walk normally after Yong Hwa and sit beside him followed by Min Hyuk and Jung Shin. They greet the hosts one by one and bow to the audience.

 

“Look at these guys now. They are not your CNBlue cutie pies anymore. They are now real men. This is your first broadcast after completing the military service. How do you feel about it?” Kyung Ku warmly welcomes the group.

“It still feels somehow unreal that we’re doing activities again as CNBlue. Almost two years of enlistment, I thought things will change but seeing the warm support from viewers cheers us up to continue as CNBlue.” Yong Hwa answers then gives a sweet smile to audience making them squeal.

“Why did you guys decide to enlist together, all four of you at the same time? Jong Hyun-ssi.” Je Dong directs the question to him. Like the old days, he is accustomed on just shaking and nodding his head during interviews. The other members will take care of the talking but this time he needs to answer.

“Initially the plan was me and Yong Hwa first then Jung Shin and Min Hyuk will enlist together. But we realized we love each other so much. And there is no CNBlue if one will enter the military and the rest will be outside. We cannot perform with one member missing. That’s how much we love each other.” He tries to be witty this time and hide his troubled heart. Little by little he is feeling comfortable about the exchanges of thoughts between them and the MCs. They keep on chatting some more about completing the service all together.

 

“Now let’s talk about your personal struggles and how you healed to be where you are now. You guys are well known as the clean idol group, no issues and no scandals. Came year 2016, stock trading scandal broke out involving Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun. How did you guys recover from that?” Yu Ri-ssi asks seriously.

 

“Hmm. When I received an invitation from the prosecutor’s office, I almost panicked. At first I did not understand what is happening because I totally didn’t know about it. To cut the story short, there were times when I cannot sleep at night even after the investigation ended. I tried to shy away from the negative comments from people and it was really hard for me to accept those. Since the start of our debut, we’ve been trying our best not to have any scandals and I didn’t foresee something like that will happen. I felt like the name that we’ve been trying to protect over the years has been damaged. But still there are some good friends who stayed along the way. They really help me recover. And of course those loyal fans who keeps on cheering after what happened. While the issue was still hot, I spent time with my family in Busan. I busied myself from composing and doing songs for the band. One day I woke up feeling all better and I called President Han that I want to go back to work again. Luckily, I was casted to a new drama to divert my attention from the issue.” It was a long explanation from Yong Hwa which is quite expected since this is the only time they actually talked about this after the news broke out. Now obviously it’s Jong Hyun’s turn as the MC’s are now looking at him. He is still thinking if he should tell the whole story or just pretend he was okay, but time to think is almost gone now.

 

“I was actually expecting my name to be included on that issue. After knowing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter