The Conflict

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So much has changed since our last goodbye. I am now the girl I told you I always wanted to be, or at least I’m getting there, most days. There are times when I hope that you can see me and my accomplishments now. I wonder if you know that I finally did the things I told you I would, and I wonder if that makes you proud and happy for me. I hope that it does, because you told me you also want this for me and you’ll be happy for me. That’s why we ended up like this, because you believed that that was the right thing to do back then.” Tears are almost coming out of Seung Yeon’s amber eyes thinking about these thoughts while watching this beautiful man in the television in front of her.

She can still feel his heart. She can still see that sincerity in his eyes, that kind of sincerity she saw since their first hello and until their last goodbye. That last goodbye with a heartfelt promise from him. That he will comeback once the sea is calm. She suddenly feels crazy to think that days when they were still together are so far away now. They float through her memories like clear puffs of smoke. She can still clearly remember the curve of his lips, how soft they are brushing against her lips, how his arms feels like around her in those warm and comforting embrace.

“You seem to be very focus on that show, huh.” A serious voice suddenly echoes inside her dressing room. Her thoughts were all suddenly disrupted. She’s already done with her MC duties in Inkigayo and waiting for Jeong Yeon to finish some Twice related stuffs. Everything was okay earlier but seeing him again on TV makes her body shiver and her heart bursting with all kinds of emotions. And it’s not just as simple as watching someone familiar. She’s watching that person who’s an important part of her life. That person who made a promise to her that he will come back, just what he have said in his interview.

“Sang Yeob Oppa.” She immediately stands up from her chair secretly clearing the tears on her face. The startled yet sad look on her face is very evident that Sang Yeob is able to instantly notice.

“You look so tense.” Lee Sang Yeob tries to lighten up the situation. He is not dumb to notice that she’s still affected watching Jong Hyun on his live interview on Healing Camp even if three years have already passed. He can still see that aching feeling in her beautiful light brown eyes.

“You should have at least knocked before you enter.” She says without her noticing that she sounds very defensive of her feelings.

 

He doesn’t answer. He slowly walks near her and puts a sealed bowl of her favorite rice cakes on the table. Whenever he has time, he never fails to visit Seung Yeon in her filming. The room is now so quiet, the sound from the television is the only thing clear to their ears when suddenly it happens to be Jong Hyun on the screen again.

“Hello…Have you been well? I hope you’re doing fine. Hmmm… If you’re not busy, let’s go out and eat some ramen. I want to see you and hopefully I can talk to you.”

Seung Yeon is just looking at the monitor, her fingers are really trembling while watching him. Her eyes are starting to water again but she needs to hold it back. She wants to run to him and hug him, kiss him and be with him again but a lot of things have changed now. Sang Yeob who is standing beside her is just looking at her reaction when suddenly he picks up the remote and turns off the television.

“Don’t tell me you’re still going to believe in him!” His voice starts to go up feeling upset seeing the tears slowly fall on her face. He wants to get angry at her but he’s not in the right shoe to do that. He wants to stay calm and composed but he didn’t realize it hurts this much seeing her cry to that person again who broke her heart three years ago.

“Please. Not now. I just want to go home and rest. I suddenly feel so tired.” She tries to escape and goes straight to her phone to dial Jeong Yeon but Sang Yeob stops her.

“I can clearly tell you’re still affected at him. And now you don’t know what to do right? He’s back now and he’s obviously going to pursue you again.” His hold on her hand is becoming tighter. He can’t control the rage of his emotions right now. He’s not aware that he is already hurting Seung Yeon with his hold.

“Oppa. It hurts. Let me go! It’s not your problem if I still do or don’t believe in him.” She says shaking her hand off him but it is too tight. Her tears started to flood down on her cheeks.

“That was three years ago Seung Yeon-ah!” He finally let go of her hand and his loud voice surrounds the room. Seung Yeon is shocked to see him act up like this for the first time. He turns around and put his hands his head delving on his hair, looking so pissed.

“Three years Seung Yeon-ah. I am the person who’s always beside you. And where is he? Hiding his tail like a coward monkey who can’t tell the world about you and your relationship. He broke up with you because it’s the easiest way out. Tss! And you still believe in his promise?” He gives a very sarcastic smile to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter