Getting Better

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night after that horrible nightmare passed by so quickly. She spent almost all day and night sleeping in Jong Hyun’s huge white bed. She slowly opens her eyes and cuddles with the white fluffy pillow while thinking about the things that happened since she came in Japan. It was crazy, she says staring blankly at the white wallpaper of his room. She uncovers herself from the heavy duvet cover of his bed. She stands up barefoot and stretches her hand facing the window with the sunshine peeking in. She makes a cute yawn. She feels like she regained all the lost energy from getting enough sleep. Waking up in a good mood, she unknowingly makes cute dances, moving her hips from left to right, throwing her arms to the air and jumping cutely up and down beside the bed. She’s feeling perfectly fine smiling sweetly with her messed hair making her extra beautiful this morning. She spins her body to face the glass door of the room but suddenly freezes after seeing Jong Hyun resting his back on the door watching her candidly like a small girl basking in little ray of sunshine inside his room. He gives a cute smirk when he meets her embarrassed eyes. 

“Looks like someone had a great sleep.” He remarks teasing her. 
“Uhmm…” She’s searching for her words, feeling so embarrassed. 
“Uhmm yeah. Since when are you standing there?” She asks shyly creasing her forehead. 
“Not too long. I was preparing our breakfast and heard you already woke up. Common let’s eat! Don’t worry, the dance was cute.” He chuckles a bit still teasing her. 
“Urrggh!” She whimpers cutely collecting her embarrassed self. 

They are facing each other awkwardly on the kitchen table sharing the breakfast he cooked this morning. Looking at his bowl of salmon soup, he lets a cute smile still thinking about the beautiful sight of her earlier. He can’t deny the fact that she’s really lovely. It was in slow motion for him that time – the way she tosses her head with her long messy hair, her thin pale arms waving beautifully in the air over a white oversized tee, her slender figure along with her well-toned legs jumping up and down like a little kid. The ray of sunshine makes her even more beautiful. He remembers every bit of how beautiful she was that moment. He lifts his head intending to steal some glance of her in front of him. 

“Stop it! It’s embarrassing!” She says pouting her lips the moment she caught his gaze. 
“Why? You’re pretty.” He says staring at her as if teasing her while having a spoonful of his salmon soup. His teasing is suddenly cut when her phone vibrates on top of the table. 
“Don’t try to make any sound. This is my sister.” She warns him nervously then takes a deep breath before picking up the phone. 

“Yes Jeong Yeon-ah.” She greets her casually.
“Ya unnie! You made me so worried. I can’t contact you for two days!” Jeong Yeon nags at her.
“I am sorry. I am fine here. Enjoying the beautiful beach of Thailand.” She stammers with her lies.. Jong Hyun on the other hand chokes from the food he is eating upon hearing that she is lying.
“I told you not to make any sound!” She whispers growling at him while holding closely on her phone. 
“Are you with someone unnie?” Jeong Yeon asks cluelessly. 
“Of course not! You know I am having a vacation alone. It was just some rude guy passing by in front of me here at the beach.” She tries her best to create some sort of story. She doesn’t want to but she has no other choice but to lie. 
“Is Appa mad at me?” Her voice suddenly shifts down. He notices the worried look on her face. He doesn’t want to overhear their conversation but he can’t make any sound to move away.
“He is not mad but he is not happy that his eldest daughte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter