My Angel

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon is standing all alone in the dark alley of the street with her bag and two black luggage on her side. She’s still crying like a little girl who is lost in the park. She convinces herself that she just did the right thing with Jong Hyun earlier. She wipes her tears and decides to walk again to where she can hail a cab and go to the cheapest hotel, wherever her little money can take her. From a distance she sees a taxi stand but no taxi is in line. She looks at her watch and it’s already 2 in the morning. She stops there and wait for some minutes when suddenly a car stops in front of her.

 

“Seung Yeon-ssi?” A familiar voice welcomes her as the window on the passenger seat of the car slides down. Her husband waves at her with a warm smile.

“Oh! Mariko!” She responds somehow seeing light and hope from her situation.

“Are you okay? Why do you look so tensed? And where is Jong Hyun-ie?” Mariko asks in Korean. Of course she doesn’t know how to answer her question. She’s thinking if she can say that she discovered that he is a dangerous man, they probably know since they are close.

“We just closed the restaurant and about to go home. We can take you to where you’re going. Please hop inside.” Mariko offers upon noticing the travel luggage beside her. She’s now getting a hint of what is happening to her. Without any second thoughts, she nods her head with tears starting to form on her eyes again. Mariko’s wife goes out to help her put her big luggage on the compartment.

 

“What time is your flight? And what is your gate number so we can drop you directly in there.” Mariko got the wrong impression. She thought Seung Yeon is leaving Japan with the stuff she has.

“Honestly…” She starts to open then looks at the rear view mirror where Mariko is looking. She gives a small smile letting her know that everything is okay.

“I just came here in Japan three hours ago.” She finally lets them know. Even Mariko’s husband get his eyes on the rear view to look if she’s serious or not. And she definitely looks serious.

“So…you’re probably going to your hotel? I wonder why Jong Hyun didn’t send you there.” Mariko continues with her interrogation which reminds her of her own mother. If she knew these things that happened today, she will definitely give me a slap on my for being so hard headed.  Mariko waits for her answer then notices that she’s already silently crying at the back seat. She orders her husband to pull over at the side to assist her.

 

“Hey Seung Yeon-ssi, what’s wrong?” Mariko shifts her body from the passenger seat to be closer to her.

“I am sorry for bothering you. But I have nowhere to go. My cards are not working and I don’t have enough cash here in my wallet. Can I stay at your house for three days?” She breaks down like a little girl which Mariko finds so cute and entertaining. She is crying but Mariko is smiling.

“Times like this I wish I have a daughter as cute as you. I have a son but he wants to live a life different from what we dream of him. As much as I wanted to help you and let you in our house, it is not safe in there. He hates Jong Hyun so much and it will cause more trouble if she sees you in there. I hope you understand honey.” Mariko softly speaks to her without any intention of hurting her feelings. But more than having a place to sleep, she is now confused on Jong Hyun and Kwang Jin’s relationship.

“I hope you don’t mind if I ask. But what is the real deal between Jong Hyun and Kwang Jin?” She politely asks wiping the tears on her face.

“Jong Hyun-ie didn’t tell you?” Mariko looks a bit surprised that she doesn’t know.

“Actually, I just met Jong Hyun-ssi today at the airport. Because I was caught up with my card issues and he agreed to help me for three nights. But then when we were eating in your restaurant your son told me that I have to run away from him because he is a dangerous man. I think I was wrong that I pushed him away.” She briefly explains everything to Mariko and her husband. Mariko is laughing at her while she’s telling her everything that happened.

 

“I can’t blame you if you think he is a dangerous man. And yes his looks and presence is a bit intimidating. But I can assure you he is a very good man Seung Yeon-ssi. My son is the one whom you should avoid. He hates Jong Hyun so much. Jong Hyun was the leader back then when they debuted here so my son believes Jong Hyun influenced his removal from CNBlue. Jong Hyun appealed to the company and even talked to the company CEO to give Kwang Jin another chance but Kwang Jin didn’t believe him. He is so close-minded when it comes to CNBlue. Since then he started to rebel and hate Jong Hyun and other members. I think my son thinks that you are Jong Hyun’s girlfriend so she threatened you. I am pretty sure he is using you to take his revenge against Jong Hyun.” Mariko explains to her. Now everything seems clearer to her. And she realizes how bad she is after what she has done to him. Feeling all the guilt in the world, she thinks of talking to Jong Hyun once again.

“Ah…can you send me to Jong Hyun’s house?” She asks shyly in a very lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter