Mood Changer

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spending most of the time in Japan since he was a kid, Jong Hyun does not find it hard to stroll along the busy streets of Shibuya. Looking for a place to eat, he steals secret glances at her who is so busy looking at the colorful streetlights packed with shopping, dining and nightclubs. The streets are heavily decorated by neon advertisements and giant video screens seen mostly in popular photos and movies.

“Is this your first time travelling here in Japan?” He starts to converse as the silence inside the car starts to be so deafening and awkward. Being with a beautiful girl sitting beside him in a car makes his heart nervous.

“No. I’ve been here for a magazine photoshoot before. But I didn’t have the chance to go out like this because the schedule was too tight. It’s my first time to personally see this things. It’s fascinating.” She responds full of enthusiasm and happiness in her bright eyes. She keeps on staring at the bright and colorful establishments on her right while waiting for the traffic light to be green.

“Looks like you’ve been here a lot of times.” She continues to keep the conversation going. She keeps on rubbing her palms feeling nervous and wary sitting on the front seat beside him.

“Yes. Because our band started here in Japan. I used to play in the streets for free during our trainee days.” Rather than feeling icy and mysterious, now he wants to talk more to her. He tries his best to warm and calm his nervous heart.

“Really? It must be hard during that time.” She replies right away. She turns her head to look at him. He keeps his eyes on the driveway, one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand on the shift gear. The street lights illuminates the darkness inside the car enabling her to see how cool he looks at the moment. His thick eyebrows, long eyelashes, beautiful eyes, perfect nose bridge and his small lips are more enchanting to her than the view outside.

“Yes. We don’t have money back then. We only eat ramen at our dorm. Oh! I know a very good place for ramen and sushi.” The light is still on red so he take a look at her and is surprised to see her just staring at him. They lock gazes for a moment, both don't know how to look away.

“Do you…like…sushi?” He says stuttering as they look deeper into each other. He feels being in looking closely in her beautiful amber eyes. She snaps after a few seconds feeing all drowned from his stares. He did the same thing returning his focus on the street then starts to drive again. 

“Anything is fine.” She says looking back at the lights outside. She distracts herself with the busy street filled with shops and stalls and wishes to visit them in the next few days, once her cards are already working.

 

“My mom used to own sushi store and my dad is a chef, so I eat almost everything. How about you?” She opens up another topic to lessen the silence inside.

“Me? What about me? Hmmm, are you asking about my food choices then the answer is I am quite picky. Then about sushi, I used to live here in Japan so those are my favorite. Then about my parents, my dad is currently running a sulbing café in Seoul but my family lives in Busan.” In a short while he almost tells her everything about him. They continue to chat over some little personal notes about them until he stops and parks the car behind an old building with bright lights outside. It is not that huge but is surrounded by some other small stores from left to right.

 

“Jong Hyun-ie!” The owner of the restaurant, a middle-aged man happily welcomes him as he enters the door with Seung Yeon a little behind her. She can easily tell that Jong Hyun is a frequent customer here. There are no other people inside the restaurant because they seem to be closing already.

“You had lots of customers today? Can I still have my favorite dish?” He stops by a small table looking at Seung Yeon instructing her to come close to his direction.

“Do you want me to order for you?” He asks the moment she sits in front of him. Her eyes wander around the place secretly spotting for the meal prices. Though she wants to eat good Japanese food right now, looking at the prices makes her to think twice. She’s planning to treat Jong Hyun since he has been extra nice to her today but she’s not sure about the cash she has in her wallet.

“Don’t worry. I will add the bill to your 3 nights accommodation. Feel free to eat whatever you want.” He says with a cute smile on his face teasing her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter