Apart

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Yeon wakes up with the beautiful sunlight already peeking in from the slightly opened window blinds. Jong Hyun must have opened it earlier since he loves to let the sun shines in his room. Seeing the empty space on the other half of the bed also makes her heart empty. She picks up his favorite pillow and hugs it tightly. Those little good morning chats every morning, silly fun times after waking up, and no tooth brush morning conversations all came down to her mind as she closes her eyes. She obviously misses him right now. She pulls her body out of the duvet and goes straight to the bathroom. The smell of his shower gel still lingers inside. She brushes her teeth slowly while looking at the other brush standing at the same cup where she puts hers. Then her sight goes to his shaving gel, his face moisturizer, his favorite perfume – everything in her sight makes her to miss him even more. 

Night time comes so fast without her noticing. She spent most of her time writing calligraphy. There has been no single message from him as well the entire day. He must have been busy, she thinks. After a quick shower, she lets her hair dry while sipping a cup of camomile tea on her side of the bed. The sound of the hair dryer is too loud that she was not able to notice her phone was ringing. 

“Did I wake you up?” Jong Hyun catches her on the third call attempt.
“No. I was drying my hair. I didn’t notice. Something important?” She pretends to be as casual as possible. Suddenly her phone notifies for a video call from him.
“Hmmm. My hair is still messy.” She’s unaware she replies with an aegyo. She’s resisting from the video call but she also wants to see him so she gives in.
“Who cares. You’re still beautiful.” He comments right away after seeing her. Then a few minutes of awkward silence, they are just staring at each other over the phone.
“Why are you not sleeping yet? You must have been tired today.” She says breaking the silence.
“I tried to finish a song…Do you mind if you spare around three more minutes listening to it?” He asks with hopes in his eyes. She shakes her head telling him to proceed. He sets up his phone so she can see the upper half of him singing while playing the guitar.

“I met you in the dark, you lit me up. You made me feel as though I was enough. We danced the night away, we drank too much. I held your hair back when you were throwing up.

Then you smiled over your shoulder. For a minute, I was stone-cold sober. I pulled you closer to my chest. And you asked me to stay over. I said, I already told ya. I think that you should get some rest.

I knew I loved you then. But you'd never know. 'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go. I know I needed you but I never showed. But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old. Just say you won't let go. Just say you won't let go.

I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed. I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head. And I'll take the kids to school, wave them goodbye. And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night.

When you looked over your shoulder. For a minute, I forget that I'm older. I wanna dance with you right now. Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever. And I swear that everyday you'll get better. You make me feel this way somehow.

I'm so in love with you. And I hope you know. Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold. We've come so far my dear. Look how we've grown. And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old. Just say you won't let go. Just say you won't let go.

I wanna live with you. Even when we're ghosts. 'Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most

I'm gonna love you till. My lungs give out. I promise till death we par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter