Compromise

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Ring Ring*

After hearing from Mina about the strong typhoon hitting Japan, Joeng Yeon keeps on reaching Seung Yeon through her mobile but she’s not picking up. Seung Yeon is still kneeling down on the floor with her back resting on the end of the bed after that call from Toru. She can’t control her emotions feeling all troubled by Jong Hyun’s accident.

“Jeong Yeon-ah.” She barely speaks up trying to hide her hoarse voice after several rings.

“Unnie! Why are you not picking up? I heard there’s a strong typhoon right now…” Jeong Yeon is just starting to be really chatty to her sister like they always do but she slows down after noticing a sound of Seung Yeon crying silently on the other line.

“Unnie, are you crying?” Jeong Yeon continues. She pauses for a bit waiting for an answer from her.

“Jeong Yeon-ah…Jong Hyun oppa…” She says with tears in her eyes.

“Why? What did Jong Hyun sunbae-nim do to you Unnie?!” Jeong Yeon is raging with anger misunderstanding Seung Yeon’s words.

“Don’t worry about me and please don’t tell Appa. Jong Hyun oppa…” She suddenly drops the call upon hearing loud knocks on the door. She sprints right away on the door leaving Jeong Yeon hanging on the phone and hoping it is Jong Hyun knocking. It’s Yong Hwa, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin with a concerned look on their faces. They must have known what happened from Toru.

 

A few more hours passed and Seung Yeon is still crying at the kitchen while nervously waiting for some news about Jong Hyun, this time with Jong Hyun’s brothers. Toru is still out in the port trying to help looking at Jong Hyun’s whereabouts. Seung Yeon stares at her watch and notices it is almost one in the morning, five hours since Jong Hyun left the house after their fight.

“This is my entire fault…” She cries with her hands covering her already wet and red face. She can clearly remember those harsh words that they said to each other earlier. She keeps on blaming herself for everything that happened. If she’s not too hard headed to buy that gift for him, this will not happen.

“No Seung Yeon-ssi.” Min Hyuk slightly pats her on her back, cautious and worried at her at the same time.

“Let’s wait for another call from Toru. He should have an update from the port. I will try to give him another call.” Yong Hwa excuses himself and walks outside towards the balcony door.

“Don’t worry Seung Yeon-ssi. They will find Jong Hyun hyung. He will be here in a few…” Jung Shin comforts her as much as he can.

 

The door suddenly opens right before Jung Shin finishes his words. An image of a very pale Jong Hyun enters the door with Toru in his side and another middle aged man behind them. He is soaking wet from the heavy rains outside. He slowly walks inside looking so worried and his eyes immediately search for someone. His heart is beating so fast as soon as he sees her red face overflowing with tears. Soon as their eyes meet, she drags her feet towards him as quick as she can. She runs at him not minding all the people in his house. Jong Hyun is expecting for a hug to make him feel warm but she suddenly stops right in front of him.

“You’re such a jerk! Why the hell did you go fishing in this kind of weather! You punk did you know how worried I am?” She cutely rants at him while sobbing completely releasing her anger and worry at the same time. Her tears do not stop from flowing in her beautiful face.

“Hsssh…” He smiles and slightly pulls her close to his body and lets her face rest in his chest. His one arm is tightly embracing her over her back while the other is gently brushing her soft hair. He closes his eyes with the heavenly feeling of her in his arms again. He starts to smell her distinctive scent sending warmth and comfort all over his cold body. She continues to weep in his icy throbbing chest.

“I hate you!” She pulls herself a little away from his hug to look at him and gives him a sweet punch on his chest. He chuckles seeing how cute she is being such a cry baby and being so mad at him at the same time. Though he is smiling, he is not saying much to her making her worry if he is still mad at her.

“Jong Hyun, are you okay? What happened? We worried a lot.” Yong Hwa comes close to him followed by Min Hyuk and Jung Shin. The sweet bantering between the two is now interrupted.

“Yes hyung. Everything is fine now. I just need to send Toru and the boat captain home. I am feeling a bit tired and cold right now so I will tell what happened later at our practice. And thank you for taking care of Seung Yeon and sorry for all the problems today.” He apologetically replies also looking at Min Hyuk and Jung Shin.

“Please get some rest. You and Seung Yeon have been through a lot today. We will take care of Toru and the boat captain.” Yong Hwa advises. Soon after exchanging some words they decided to leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter