It's You

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He takes a light step towards the end of the pathway but stops after his first step thinking about how things turned out like this.

“It can’t be her. What the hell is happening?” He gives a small talk to himself again before finally revealing himself away from the wall separating them. He stays still for a few more seconds trying to think about the situation.

“Ottoke. Please help me.” A voice finally echoes in their close proximities. She sounds afflicted and troubled trying to find someone to dial in her phone. She’s breathing heavily and her panting grows louder than normal. It seems like she ran really fast on her attempt to escape from them.

Without any second thoughts, Jong Hyun is definitely so sure about her after hearing her voice. The girl hiding on the other side of the wall near him is none other than Seung Yeon. It’s definitely her. But he’s still unsure on what’s happening. He immediately and silently walks over her from behind without her noticing him. His one hand carefully grabs her by her waist while the other hand goes all the way to her face fully covering . They can’t make any unnecessary noises or else they’re both doomed to death. Seung Yeon tries with all her might to fight and tussle away from his hold without having any idea that it is Jong Hyun helping her. Despite her brawling against him, he successfully drags her from behind back to the dark alley where he was hiding and resting earlier.  Feeling safe and secured, standing in between two walls, he finally releases her from his hold and lets her face him.

Movie moment – everything starts to slow down, both of their reactions are indescribable. She can’t believe she’ll bump into him and he can’t believe he’ll see her again in Japan. A blink is not even an option at this time for them. Her eyes are now popping wide open in front of him while still breathing heavily. The loud screams and voices of those mean girls seem to dissipate until she finally figured out that she’s still surrounded by his arms. This wonderful feeling again. It’s been 3 years since they’ve been this close again, and everything still feels the same. The heat and electricity flowing through their intertwined bodies are still as hot and burning as before. Both of them can’t deny this strange and warm feeling.

 

“What…are you…doing here?” Her voice is so low as she stutters all throughout one simple question. They are still standing so close, their bodies touching parallel to each other for them to fit inside the narrow alley - walls behind Jong Hyun and walls behind Seung Yeon, their faces an inch away from each other. Both of their intense gazes slowly burning the coldness of the night.

“I should be the one asking you that. Why are you here in Japan and why are those girls chasing you?” He stares at her trying to understand what’s happening. He suddenly remembers his nightmare. ‘Is this all bout that nightmare?’ He ponders while waiting for her answer. While in the middle of disbelief to find each other in this kind of situation, they came back to their senses when they hear those noisy voices. again The situation has gotten more serious in a split second judging from the group of girls having tons of back-up hunting her down.

“What are they talking about? Are they planning to kill me now? Let’s get out of here.” She avoids his questions. All her senses are so heightened right now. She’s panicking over her life and at the same time she feels like dying to be this close to him again. She sighs at the thought of that crazy thing she did making those girls run after her.

“One girl said she’s going to smash you to into tiny little pieces. What did you do?” He removes his green cardigan and slides it over her chilling frame. He moves his hands above her shoulders, encircling it around her neck. He closes the gap between their faces and slowly leans an inch closer to her face. His stare is still as strong as before. 

 

“Yah! What are you doing?” She steps back but her sweaty back hits the cold walls behind her. She pulls her head instead obviously avoiding his lips for a possible kiss but his head goes far at the back of her neck. He's not going to kiss her this time. False alarm for Seung Yeon. He quickly s the hood of his cardigan. She looks down feeling all embarrassed in front of him.

“You need to cover up.” He says while reaching for her chin. With trembling fingers, he gently holds her chin and lifts her head again, his eyes throwing that foxy stare to her. He swallows the lump of saliva forming in his throat as his hand slowly wipes away the piles of sweat forming in her forehead. Smooth moves from him. He continues to be a little extra giddy as his fingers pick up the strands of hair beautifully messed up in her red face. She can’t do anything but just stay still and watch how much she misses those honey-like teary eyes of him. She just let him leisurely adore her sweltering face. It takes him forever to fix the hoodie in her small head.

“Tha…thank…you…” She finally lets her guard down. She feels like all the hate that she’s been holding for him for the past 3 years had instantly disappeared. It went with the air as they say. She feels like all of her anger and bitterness finally came to an end at this moment. After learning the truth from Min-seok few days ago, she’s really planning to show up and confront about the issue. But she doesn’t where and how to start, and if it's still all worth it. 

“No…I should be the one saying that. Thank you…and I’m sorry.” He gives a very sincere apologetic smile. He’s just beyond happy to see her again and this time he is standing so close to her again. Even if there are tons of people chasing her, he feels happy that he's the one she bumped into.

“Seung Yeon-ie…”He continues with his deep honey-like voice. He’s determined to talk to her again to explain his side, to explain why he broke up with her. But she cuts him off still so worried about those girls chasing her.

“We need to get out of here. Those girls…”

 

He suddenly closes the gap between their faces again – side by side, cheek to cheek. Unexpectedly she’s running out of words, leaving slightly open. Her breathing becomes heavier and slower. She can totally feel the side of his lips slightly brushing off her chubby cheeks. Her heart is about to jump out of her chest, stomach crunching with all butterflies, dragons and unicorns dancing inside. She wants to grip into his broad shoulders for support as her legs are starting to be weak and shaky.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter