C H A P T E R N I N E

Through The Funeral

“Gyu, are you ready?”, Baekhyun asked as he held his bag tightly. Gyu Won nodded sheepishly as she smiled. “All ready!”.

They were about to go on their first trip together in Jeju which is about 1 hour flight from Seoul. “Baek, I’m so excited. We have planned this since forever.”, Gyu Won spoke as her eyes glistened.

Baekhyun smiled. “Yeah, me too. I hope everything goes well.”, he spoke as Gyu Won nodded. They were both sitting by the airport waiting for their plane.

Baekhyun looked into her as he smiled. “I’ve said this once and I’ll say it again. I’m so lucky to have you, Gyu.”, Baekhyun spoke as Gyu Won lowered her eyes with a soft smile.

“No, Baek. I am the luckiest girl in the world for having you.”, she spoke, her eyes pouring love. Baekhyun gave her a sweet smile. “We should get married in Jeju.”, He spoke as Gyu Won laughed out loud.

“Let’s do that.”, she spoke, taking his hand into hers and holding it tightly. Baekhyun smiled. “Let’s.”

 

Oh, the beauty of being young. Creating beautiful, harmful lies for the future without knowing what kind of disaster is coming ahead.

Not knowing that life is unfair. And that only one could be happy, while the other remains miserable.


              C H A P T E R  NI NE

“Thank you, Baek. For accompanying me all the way back to my home. I really needed that.”, she spoke calmly as Baekhyun smiled.

“It’s nothing. Plus, that’s the least I can do right?”, Baekhyun spoke as she smiled. “Thank you.”, she repeated again as Baekhyun stared into her.

She stared back, waiting for him to say something. He said nothing, but his eyes remained lingering to her face. “B-Baek?”, she spoke, wondering if there’s something on her face.

He leaned in and placed a small, quick kiss by her lips. She was left stunned.

                  It was very quick but the warmth in her cheek rises up as she stared into him with wide eyes.

Baekhyun stared back at her. He himself was shocked by his action but it was a satisfying feeling. “I-I’ll leave now. Make sure to have a good rest, okay?”, He spoke as he turned his heel and walked away, vanishing as Gyu Won was still shocked.


“Hey, you’re late.”, Chanyeol spoke in a soft tone as Gyu Won sat in front of him. Gyu Won smiled softly. “I’m sorry; I just saw your text and just got dressed up. Plus the road was very busy and it took me quite a long time to get here.”, she spoke as Chanyeol smiled.

“Your coffee has gotten cold.”, he spoke as Gyu Won smiled. “It’s okay.”

Gyu Won shut both of her eyes tight as she took a sip of her drink. The memory of Baekhyun kissing her yesterday is still clear and somehow it won’t escape her mind.

 

    Her cheeks reddened as she cleared . “So why did you wanted to see me?”, she asked the man in front of her as Chanyeol answered with a small smile.

“It’s him, am I right?”, Chanyeol spoke, there’s a slight hesitate in his tone. Gyu Won stared into him with a confused expression. “What?”

 

“That Baekhyun guy in your apartment that day. He’s the reason we broke up, right?”, Chanyeol spoke clearly. Gyu Won silenced as her eyes were fixed to the table.

Seeing no response from her, Chanyeol took a sip of his iced coffee and softly sighed. “You told me you’re not ready to marry me. You told me there’s someone else in your heart that you still can’t let go.”, Chanyeol spoke, loud enough for Gyu Won to hear.

      “Chan-”, Gyu Won stopped her words as she looked into Chanyeol and saw Chanyeol’s eye getting teary. She stared into him. Shock filling all over her.

“Chanyeol…”, She whispered in pity. Chanyeol shook his head. “Gyu Won, I..”, He stopped, shut  his eye tight and took a deep breath.

“I’ve poured my whole life to you. I’ve loved you as deep as I can. I treated you so delicately because you were so fragile. Why do you love a bad guy like him?”, Chanyeol spoke, his voice cracking.

“Chanyeol, please…”, Gyu Won spoke.

A tear escaped Chanyeol’s eyes as he sighed. “Why do girls always fall in love with jerks? Will you love me if I had treated you badly?”, Chanyeol whispered.

Gyu Won stared into him. “Chanyeol, please don’t be like this…”, She spoke in a soft tone. “Baekhyun played a huge part in my life.. He was a childhood memory of mine…”, Gyu Won explained as Chanyeol stared into her.

 

“You’re dazzling. Has he ever told you that?”, Chanyeol spoke, his eyes getting more and more wet. “Has he ever complimented your beauty?”, Chanyeol added more as Gyu Won sighed.

“Hey, let me get you back home okay?”, Gyu Won spoke as she stood up. Chanyeol stood up too and shook his head. “It’s okay. I’ll go back myself.”, Chanyeol spoke as he walked out of the café.

 

Gyu Won let out a soft sigh as she walked after Chanyeol.

“Do you want me to give you a lift?”, he spoke in a soft tone as Gyu Won shook her head gently. “It’s okay. I’ll take the bus.”, she answered as Chanyeol nodded.

     Chanyeol stared into her as she stared back. He leaned in for a kiss, But Gyu Won quickly tilted her head away leaving Chanyeol fazed, and shocked.

“Now you’re even avoiding my kiss.”, Chanyeol spoke in a sad tone as Gyu Won lowered her eyes to the ground. “Goodbye.”, Chanyeol spoke as he got into his car and closed the door with a small thud.

 

“Get home safely.”, Gyu Won spoke in a gentle tone as Chanyeol responded with a small smile.


The next day, Gyu Won went to work with a soft smile. She had her resignation letter held firmly through her hand and it seems the best decision is for her to quit the work.

The memories of Chanyeol crying crept into her thoughts as she shook her head gently.

She softly knocked the office door. “Come in.”, a soft voice echoed as she sighed.

        “Good morning madam..”, She spoke in a soft tone as the lady in front of her smiled. “How are you, Gyu Won? Are you feeling all better?”, The lady spoke in a kind tone.

Gyu Won smiled as her eyes were fixed to the ground. “I’m feeling so much better now, Mrs. Gong.”, She answered in a gentle tone.

“Please, have a sit.”, Mrs Gong spoke as Gyu Won nodded.

 

“How may I help you?”, Mrs Gong spoke as she took her reading glasses off. “Actually..”, Gyu Won spoke in a slow voice as she placed her resignation letter by the table.

Mrs Gong stared into the object with shocked eyes. “W-What Is this? You’re quitting?”, Mrs Gong spoke as Gyu Won silenced. “But, why? You’re one of the best worker here..”, She spoke in a sad tone.

            Gyu Won smiled. “It’s just, it’s been a little rough lately. And I think it’s best for me to quit and relax a bit before college starts again.”, Gyu Won explained, her tone low.

“Oh, right.. when is that? in 3 weeks right?”, Mrs Gong spoke as Gyu Won nodded. “Alright then, I’ll respect your decision. But remember, you can come here anytime for a small shift if you need some money. After all, you’re my favourite worker.”, Mrs Gong spoke in a gentle tone.

“I’ll send the money through your account. Thank you for working here. It’s been a pleasure working with you, Miss Gyu Won.”, Mrs Gong spoke as Gyu Won bowed.

        “Thank you madam!”.


Gyu Won walked out of the funeral home slowly with a weary heart. She really loved working there but in all honesty she just wants to move on with life and restart a new beginning.

But Baekhyun doesn’t seem to allow that. The reason of him kissing her keeps bothering her, and she couldn’t get enough. She wants more.

She wants Baekhyun.


Author's note :- Guys I'm so sorryy for not updating for a long time! I recently just finished my exam and boom i got a writer's block T^T

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! More Chanyeol X You in the future :P