C H A P T E R S IX T E EN

Through The Funeral

The passion is no longer there. The love is no longer there.

The cups of coffee placed in front of them are no longer hot. And somehow the caged feeling inside their hearts is burdening and wearying.

Baekhyun sighed, his eyes gazing down. Gyu Won silenced, her eyes focused on him.

No words were changed as Baekhyun looked into his watch. Gyu Won cleared as she tried to fight the nervous feeling inside her. She knew what was about to happen.

 

        “Gyu-won, Let’s just end this.”, Baekhyun muttered softly. His eyes traced from the ground to her face and stayed silent. She kept her face expressionless. She chewed her lips as her eyes were both lost. It has been different lately.

The man in front of her seems unhappy, and although she still loves him deeply, she had to do whatever it takes for the man to be happy back. She opened her lips and stared to the man in front her, “Yeah, sure.”

 

Baekhyun smiled softly. “It was great knowing you.”, he spoke truthfully. Gyu Won silenced, nodding just slightly.

Baekhyun stood up and walked out from the café, Gyu won stayed still by her seat as tear pours down from her face.

      Her heart feels shattered; as if someone had took it and stabbed it with broken glasses.


Chapter 16

It has been two days since the last time Gyu Won had met Baekhyun.

Gyu Won had spent most of her time crying, and crying. Baekhyun probably think she’s crazy, a freak. And she barely ate or slept.

Baekhyun had called her phone a few times, but she had ignored it all. She feels ty. Almost as if someone had stabbed her, right in the heart.

 

Someone knocked on her front door, as she wearily walked toward it. She watched through the peephole, and saw Chanyeol’s face smiling.

She opened the door as she gave Chanyeol a weak smile. Chanyeol gasped. “You look like you haven’t eaten for days.”, he spoke in a shocked tone as she softly chuckled. “Do I…”, she muttered, her tone low.

Chanyeol stared into her. “What is wrong?”, he asked in a concerned tone. She shook her head. “Nothing. I just don’t have any appetite.”, she spoke truthfully as Chanyeol sighed.

“Here, I bought porridge. It’s actually for me but I think you need it more than me.”, he spoke as Gyu Won smiled. “No, you eat it. You’re probably tired. I think I’ll just go to sleep.”, she spoke and turned around.

Chanyeol grabbed her wrist making her stop. “Gyu Won.”, he spoke in a stern tone. “You know you can tell me anything. I don’t like seeing you like this.”, he spoke, his eyes gazing onto hers.

Gyu Won stared into him, as her eye feels watery. She then leaned in and pulled Chanyeol for a hug as she cried her heart out.

      Chanyeol stood there, frozen.

       “I ed up real bad.”, she spoke in between tear. Chanyeol sighed, patting her on the back. “There, there. Everyone s up sometimes. It’s okay.”, he spoke soothingly.

She explained everything, on how Baekhyun had found out all her anti-depressant pills and her prescription letter. Chanyeol listened to everything quietly, and wiped her tears using his palm.

“It’ll get better, I promise.”, he spoke in a soft tone as she sighed. “Thank you, Yeol. You’re always there when I need you.”, she spoke, her eyes smiling.

Chanyeol smiled. “I know. Now go eat your porridge. I’ll be waiting until you fall asleep.”, He spoke soothingly as Gyu Won nodded.

 

Gyu won ate the porridge silently; the heavy feeling inside her heart is still there. Chanyeol watched her eat, his heart getting weary at the thought of her hurting.

Gyu Won had fallen asleep by her bed, snoring just slightly.

Chanyeol covered her using the blanket as he let a weary sigh. “I wish you’d stop hurting.”, he whispered softly as he kissed her forehead, and closed the bedroom door with a soft thud.


The next morning, Gyu Won woke up with a slight headache.

She walked towards the kitchen and noticed that there’s no eatable food. Sighing, she went to get dressed and headed toward the nearest grocery store.

The weather was quite chilly, and there weren’t that many people by the street as it was still early. She checked her phone and saw 24 missed call from Baekhyun.

      She sighed and locked her phone. Meeting Baekhyun would be the last thing she wants. She had been hiding her depression problems so successfully all these time and to be caught of the blue like that is something she just can’t cope with. 

 

She took a trolley and start putting some stuff. She had bought some bread, canned soup and a few frozen foods.

       As she finished paying, she walked out from the store and headed toward her home when a hand grabbed her wrist.

She gasped as she looked into her back.

         The sight of Baekhyun gasping on air and staring intensely at her could be seen as his grip on her wrist tightens.

“Gyu Won.”, he spoke, his voice sounded breathy. Gyu Won was in shock, she couldn’t say anything as she keeps staring at him. “Why have you been avoiding my calls?”, he asked, his eye still focused on hers.

Her eyes lingered around as she did not know what to say. “I didn’t know you called..”, she gave an excuse, as Baekhyun sighed. He released her wrist as he leaned in closer.

“What is wrong? Ever since we got back from your father’s house you didn’t answer my call. You didn’t even answer my text. I’m worried, okay.”, he spoke in a stern tone as Gyu Won silenced.

“Gyu Won..?”, he spoke, his tone filled with concern. “Hey, talk to me..”, he spoke softly as Gyu Won lowered her gaze.

Baekhyun was about to place his hand by her shoulder but she dodged away almost immediately. Baekhyun stared at her with wide eyes. “Gyu…”

             “Baekhyun..”, she spoke, her voice slow. “Let’s never see each other again.”, she spoke with a forced smile and bowed just slightly before turning her back and walked back toward her apartment.

Baekhyun stared into her back, shock and confuse filling him.

His heart feels pained; as if thousands thorn had stabbed him and let him bled to death.