C H A P T E R T H I R T EE N

Through The Funeral

“This is why nothing ever works out! Because you never spare a time to hear me and you keep jumping to conclusions!!”, she yelled on the top of her lungs, her gaze fixed on him.

 

Baekhyun scoffed. “That’s because your explanations are full of nonsense and it’s just angering. And it always pisses me off. You piss me off!!”, he yelled back, eyes shooting daggers.

    She let out a shaky, weary breath. “I’m tired. I can’t do this anymore. I hate this useless argument where at the end I’m the only one apologizing.”, she muttered as she turns her gaze away.

“You know what, it I’m leaving.”, Gyu Won spoke more and turned her body away which resulting Baekhyun to yank her by her shoulder.

She pushed his hand. “Don’t touch me!”, she yelled as Baekhyun sighed and shut his eye tight.

         “I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”, he whispered as his eyes stared deep into hers. “I just don’t like you hanging out with him.”, he added more as he reached for her hands.

She stood there motionless, not fighting him as she tore her gaze away. “I know I always make you cry, but I can’t help it. It just angers me too much every time I see you with that guy. It’s an unpleasant feeling.”

 Gyu Won sighed. “It’s not like I want to see him, it’s just that he’s my lab partner. Baek, you need to believe that I only love you.”

        Baekhyun stared into her. “I’m very possessive, I know. And I apologize but please try your best to avoid him. I don’t like it.”, Baekhyun muttered, rubbing his forehead just slightly.

 

       Gyu Won stared into him with softened eyes. She leaned in and pulled him to a hug as he let out a soft sigh.

Gyu Won softly smiled. “Our Baek is such a jealous baby, hmm?”, she purred as Baekhyun rolled his eye playfully. “Yeah yeah.”


Chapter 13

Gyu Won’s eye fluttered open as her gaze lingered around. Somehow she had fallen asleep in Baekhyun’s embrace with both of them on the couch.

She yawned just slightly as she reached for her phone which showed 11 in the morning. She screamed as Baekhyun’s eye widened open.

“, Baekhyun we’re going to be late. Wake up wake up I need to go to the funeral and check the room reserved for my mom.”, she yelled as she stood up.

Baekhyun blinked his eyes a few time before slowly standing up. “What time is it..”, he groaned as he stretched out a bit.

“11 in the morning.”, she answered quick as she rushed to her room. “Bath quickly and then we’ll go to the funeral together okay? QUICKLY!!”, she half yelled as she turned around to spare a last glance at Baekhyun as Baekhyun nodded.


They managed to arrive at the funeral by 11:30.

As Gyu Won and Baekhyun were walking inside the reserved room, Gyu Won’s dad could be seen sitting inside the room, face filled with weary and sadness.

Her dad turned towards her direction upon noticing her presence, Gyu Won passed a soft smile as her dad turned to look at the man beside her.

“Gyu Won....”, her dad murmured, his eyes focused on Baekhyun. Gyu Won bit her lower lip, moving a bit to the side to allow a better view of Baekhyun.

“Dad, this is Baekhyun.”, she spoke softly. Her dad’s eye widened. “B-Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun? Your ex-boyfriend from 11th grade?”, he spoke, not believing his eyes.

          Baekhyun sheepishly smiled. “Hello, sir.”, he spoke in a polite manner as Gyu Won’s dad smiled and stood up to give him a small hug. “Little man, it’s been years since I’ve last saw you!”, he yelled, delight filling his tone.

Baekhyun laughed softly. “Yes, sir.”, he replied in a gentle tone as he hugged Gyu Won’s dad.

 

Gyu Won sighed as she smiled. “How long have you been here, dad?”, She asked as her dad shook his head. “Not long. Around 20 minutes. They said your mother’s casket will be arriving in about 30 minutes from now.”,

Baekhyun passed a pity smile. “I’m sorry for your loss, Mr Lee. Mrs Lee was an amazing and cheerful woman.”, he spoke as Gyu Won’s dad responded with a smile. “What can I do? God loves her more.”

 

A man walked into the reserved room as Gyu Won turned her back to see who it is.

“Chanyeol.”, she spoke in a slight shocked tone as Chanyeol walked closer to her and gave her a small smile. “I didn’t even hear the news of your mom’s death from your own but from your dad. I have to say, that as your used-to-be fiancée I am quite disappointed, Gyu Won.”, Chanyeol spoke in a soft tone as Gyu Won lowered her gaze.

“I am sorry, Yeol.”, she murmured. “Everything has been so terrible lately. And all I need is some space.”, she confessed as Chanyeol leaned in and pulled her for a hug.

 

“I’m sorry for your loss.”, Chanyeol spoke softly.

Baekhyun stared into the scene in front of him with a burning feeling inside his chest. It’s unexplainable how much he wanted to punch Chanyeol. It’s just weird how he hates seeing Gyu Won being in another man’s embrace.

“Hey, Chanyeol..”, Gyu Won’s dad greeted him as Chanyeol broke the hug and walked toward Mr Lee. “How are you, sir? Are you feeling better?”, He asked as he rubbed Gyu Won’s father’s shoulder lovingly.

“Not really…”, he responded with a slight forced smile as Chanyeol stared with soft eyes. “You’re going to be fine, sir. You’ve always been a strong man.”, Chanyeol spoke with a sad smile as Gyu Won’s dad laughed softly. “I sure am stronger with you by my side.”, he spoke, his eyes focused on Chanyeol.

Baekhyun stared into Gyu Won as Gyu Won stared back into him. “What?”, she asked, her tone filled with confusion. Baekhyun shook his head. “Nothing.”


The funeral session started as a few relatives of her came by and mourned. Gyu Won’s dad cried silently by the side as Gyu Won tried her best not to burst into tear.

Mrs Gong walked into the room and passed a sad smile toward Gyu Won. “I’m sorry.”, Mrs Gong cooed as she pulled Gyu Won for a tight hug.

Gyu Won smiled bitterly. “Don’t be.”, she spoke softly as Mrs Gong gave a soft pat by her back thus breaking the hug.

 

The funeral ended as Gyu Won bid goodbye to her dad who’s entering the taxi.

“Friday, at Bucheon Graveyard by 10 a.m.”, Gyu Won spoke as her dad nodded. “Noted. Take care, Gyu Won..”, he responded as he passed a small smile. Gyu Won smiled back.

          “I’ll try to go home more, okay dad? I’ll try to spend more time with you.”, Gyu Won cooed as her dad smiled wider. “That’d be lovely.”, her dad spoke before closing the taxi door with a soft thud.

The taxi car vanished from her sight as a sigh escaped . Chanyeol appeared by her side as he looked into her. “Rough day.”, he murmured with a bitter smile as Gyu Won forced a laugh. “Yeah.”

Chanyeol turned his body toward her, placing both of his palms by her shoulder. “You’re a strong girl. You’ve always been and you will always be.”, he whispered as Gyu Won smiled. “I know that.”, she responded, her eyes lingering around.

“Do you want me to give you a ride?”, Chanyeol asked as Gyu Won shook her head. “No. I think I’ll just take the bus. It helps me to clear my mind.”, she responded with a soft smile as she looked into Chanyeol.

           Chanyeol stared into her, a sudden glimpse of sadness appeared in his eyes as he sighed.

Chanyeol placed a soft kiss by her cheek, smiling as he bid goodbye and walked toward his car. Gyu Won sighed as her mind wandered off. She stared into the sky, trying her best to fight the urge to cry.

 

“Does he always kiss you like that?”, Baekhyun appeared out of the sudden as Gyu Won gasped in shock. “Baek, you shocked me.”, she murmured as she sighed.

Baekhyun clenched his jaw. “Does he always kiss you like that?”, he repeated, this time in a firmer tone. Gyu Won stared into him, noticing the sudden tension in him.

“Hey, what’s wrong? That was just a simple kiss, he’s my ex-fiancée for s sakes.”, she murmured as Baekhyun rolled his eye.

“Yeah that’s your problem! You’re always hanging out with other guys like it’s fine. But it’s not! It’s not fine, Gyu.”, Baekhyun spoke, his tone filled with anger. “It pisses me off.”, he added as he walked away.

   Gyu Won stared into his walking sight as she scoffed. “The hell is wrong with him?”, she spoke to herself.

 

       As realisation hit her, her lips are curved into a small smile as her eyes were both shut. “Oh my god. Byun Baekhyun is jealous.”


Author’s note :- A special chapter is coming up for Christmas :) <3