C H A P T E R S EV EN T E E N

Through The Funeral

She muffled her scream using her pillow. The blood flowing down her arm doesn’t seem like it’ll stop soon. The knife she had used to cut her skin is now placed on the floor.

      She grunted, trying to numb the pain.

She doesn’t feel alive. Baekhyun was her reason, her soul.

She had never seen Baekhyun since they broke up, and she just can’t cope with it anymore.

 

Blood keep over flowing; her arm is red and is layered with cuts. She breathed heavily and took a look at herself through the mirror. She looks hideous.

        She cried her eyes out, falling asleep as another scar was created on her arm, and her heart.

The pain she feels inside is unbearable.

 

She woke up to realize that she’s at the Hospital. She had been admitted to the hospital due to stress and constant fainting.

Her eyes lingered around, and saw the sight of her mother staring at her worryingly. “Gyu Won..”, her mother muttered softly. She grunted, straightening her posture up.

 

“Why am I here?”, she asked in a harsh tone. Her mother sighed. “Gyu Won, we know that you’re having a hard time. But that Baekhyun guy is not worth to die for! Stop this, you’re going to end up killing yourself!”, her mother spoke, slightly yelling.

Gyu Won glared into her. “What kind of nonsense are you saying.”, she stated, massaging her temple using her palm just slightly. Her mother stared into her, eyes filled with worry and anger.

“We’re sending you to see a psychologist.”, her mother spoke sternly. Darkness washed over her face as she looked into her mother with wide eyes.

“I don’t need to see a pyschologist. You’re overreacting.”, she spoke, rolling her eyes. Her mother breathed heavily.

              “We’re sending you to see a therapist.”, her mother repeated her word, this time clearer.

“You’re losing your mind over some dumb guy.”, she added more as Gyu Won grunted. “Baekhyun is not just some dumb guy.”, she growled, turning her gaze away.

 

Her mother stared at her worryingly. “We’re doing this because we love you, Gyu Won. We don’t want yyou to regret everything at the end. There’s more to your life than just him. Believe me, I know what’s best for you.”, her mother spoke as she stood up.

 

“I don’t need to see a psychologist.”, she muttered under her breath. “I am not crazy.”, she whispered.

        Her mother ignored her as she walked outside the ward.

“I am not crazy!!”, she yelled hysterically.


         Chapter 17

She went inside her apartment and sighed softly.

She doesn’t know if she’s doing the right thing by avoiding Baekhyun, but right now that seems to be the best thing to do.

She placed all the grocery by the dining table, and starts to arrange everything into the cabinet. Lately everything had been so rough and hectic, and a short vacation would do her justice.

 

She lay down on her bed, her eyes lingering around the ceiling. She still is madly in love with Baekhyun and she herself knows it clearly.

The thought of her and Baekhyun being happy again is intriguing and exciting. But she’s afraid to find out what baekhyun thinks of her. Especially after Baekhyun had found out about her dark past.

 

If only one of them were brave enough to actually say something.


She spent the whole day just staring at the wall. Her next college semester will be starting in 3 weeks and somehow she can’t wait to actually start doing something.

 

        She sighed as she finally made her mind. “I’m going to go on a vacation.”


The next day, she packed all her stuff up and took a last look at her house.

Smiling, she locked the front door. She had booked for a hotel in Gangnam, a city that is always busy. The place is not that far from her house and it would take approximately 40 min to get there.

 

The weather was still quite chilly; she wore her jacket and a thick sweater underneath.

She decided to use her red scooter. It has been quite a long time since the last time she used it. Taking a last look at the street, she let out a long sigh and started the engine.

 

The road was not that busy, and the weather was windy and chiling.

The smile she wore on her face is still there. She’s finally starting to feel some excitement.  As she arrived by the highway, she saw a car parked by the side in the middle of highway.

         

The car is filled with fog and smoke. A man is standing in front of the car, looking frustrated.

 

Gyu Won slowed her scooter down, taking a glimpse of the man.

    She swore to her life the man looked like someone she knew. She stopped her scooter and went by the car. “Is there anything that I could help you with, sir?”, she spoke with a loud voice as the man turned his gaze to hers.

“Gyu Won.”, the man spoke in a confused tone. “Baekhyun..”, she spoke, eyes wide.

 

    sometimes fate likes to play with us. sometimes things are just meant to be.


author’s note :- I love you all so much <3 Do tell your thoughts about this chapter on the comment section.