C H A P T E R T H R E E

Through The Funeral

 The night was somehow starry, and Baekhyun is holding her hand very tightly. Her eyes lingered onto his face. How pretty this man is, and how lucky she is to be able to have him.

They were still very awkward around each other, and the fact that both of them are very quiet people doesn’t really help lighten the moment up. Baekhyun stared into her, she stared into him.

  “Can I kiss you?”, Baekhyun spoke, there’s a hint of nervousness in his tone. Her eyes widened. She nodded. He slightly tilted his head and moved closer to her.

As their lips touched, there goes their first kiss.


C H A P T E R 3

She wants him. She wants him so bad.


“Thank you, so much.”, Baekhyun spoke as she smiled. “What is there to be thankful about?”, She spoke softly as Baekhyun shook his head.

“It’s just that I’ve been in a very deep pain ever since the death of my wife, and seeing back an old friend really helped me.”, He spoke. Ouch, she thought. Old friend.

 

“It’s nothing.”, She spoke, half smiling. “You should go back now. It’s getting pretty late.”, she spoke as he nodded in reply.

As Baekhyun disappeared through the door, she sighed as her shoulders dropped. The thought of him getting married, being happy with his wife angers her. She shook it off as she continued through her shift.

She glanced into her watch, and there’s just 1 hour before her shift ends.


As her shift ended, it’s already 11p.m.

She’s on her way to grab a bus and it’s raining heavily. It was fortunate she had brought an umbrella. She walked to the bus stop and the sight of a familiar men sleeping by the bus stop caught her eye.

“B-Baek?”, She spoke as she walked closer. The heavy rain is disturbing her eye sight but the man looked exactly like Baekhyun.

 

As she arrived by the bus stop, it indeed was Baekhyun. Who was sleeping soundly and is also wet. Possibly because of the rain.

She shook his shoulder gently just a few times but baekhyun didn’t nudge. “Baekhyun…”, She spoke softly. Baekhyun seemed very tired and he smelled like alcohol. She frowned. She had always hated the smell of alcohol.

 

She sat next to baekhyun. There were only the two of them by the bus stop as it was already late. She stared into Baekhyun’s face, slightly smiling.

As worry hits her, she shook baekhyun’s shoulder a few more time. “Baekhyun… wake up. Go home..”, She spoke, slightly whispering.

“No..”, Baekhyun spoke weakly. The smell of alcohol hits her harder as she cringed. “It’s not home without her.”, he spoke as a single tear fell out of his eye. She silenced. Baekhyun is crying, she thought.

        “It’s not home without her.”, He repeated, this time louder and clearer. She was absolutely clueless of what to do. Drunken Baekhyun is such a misery to look at. “Then where else are you going to go? If you’re not gonna go back home are you going to sleep here at the bus stop? You will catch a cold, baek…”, She spoke softly, a hint of worry and care filling her tone.

Baekhyun silenced. He had felt asleep again. Gyu Won sighed as she also wants to head home but the thought of leaving drunk baekhyun by the bus stop is way too worrying.

So she sighed, and decided what’s best.

 

Bring Baekhyun back to her apartment.


Baekhyun was definitely not a light person. Gyu Won almost used her entire energy just to carry him into the taxi. And not to mention she had to hold onto sleeping baekhyun the whole time in the lift and into her house.

 

            Inside her apartment was not that big. An ideal place for a two to three people to live. Once the door was opened, Baekhyun immediately slumped onto the couch and instantly felt back to sleep. He was obviously still drunk and she didn’t mind that.

Havin Baekhyun in her apartment is nice and she misses him so much. Too much.

 

Baekhyun was sweating heavily and Gyu Won thought of opening his suit for him but it doesn’t seem appropriate. But he keeps sweating and sweating and she just had to take some action.

 

She opened the black blazer leaving him with his inside shirt. As she touched his shoulder, her fingers lingered just for a while, her face flushing red as she bit her lower lip.

  Baekhyun was unconscious, so she used this opportunity to stare into his face and examine his facial feature using her fingers. It’s bizarre, how much feelings this man is causing her.

             As reality hits her, she let out a frustrated sigh.

 

She is still madly in love with him, and she had always been.