C H A P T E R F I V E

Through The Funeral

They were having a sleepover at Baekhyun’s house. Baekhyun’s parents were outstation for work, leaving only the two of them.

Gyu Won is lying next to Baekhyun, and Baekhyun is staring into her. “I love you so much .”, He said, his lips smiling widely. Gyu Won chuckled. “You’re a liar.”, she spoke, slightly giggling.

“Oh, I’m not.”, he spoke with a smirk. Gyu Won smiled. “How can you prove it?”, she asked with a teasing tone. Baekhyun roughly grabbed her hand as she screamed playfully. “Okay okay! I believe you now!!”, She yelled as she tries to fight Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun is now on top of her, eyes gazing very directly. They were so close; they can feel each other’s breath. She’s nervous. And there’s something very pretty and different in baekhyun’s aura that night.

The look on his eye darkened, and he leaned in to place a kiss by her lips. She loved it. She loved every single thing about baekhyun. The way his lips perfectly lock hers, the way his fingers are playing with her hair.

         

             Baekhyun ed her shirt, she ed baekhyun’s. Baekhyun kissed her shoulder, leaving trails of butterfly kisses. She played with his hair, her finger then travelling down to his torso.

He kissed her just slightly as she smiled.

 

They made love for the first time that night.


C H A P T E R 5

She sits still by her bed as her eyes lingered to the ground. She feels like crying, she’s breaking. She literally just yelled to her ex-lover just because he asked a simple question. She’s really losing it.

A sigh escaped as she shut both of her eyes tightly.

 

She grabbed her anti-depression pills, and took double the amount she was supposed to.


“Hey, you ready?”, She spoke as she walked out of her bedroom all bathed and fresh. Baekhyun seemed awkward around her, but he nodded nonetheless. “Yeah, let’s go.”

         

The walk to the bus stop was not that far, and there were quite a few people by the bus stop. She waited by the side as Baekhyun stood beside her.

“You’re not going to buy flowers for your wife?”, she spoke as Baekhyun turned to look at her with wide eyes. “Ah, you’re right..”, Baekhyun spoke, his eyes searching around. “Do you know any flower shop nearby?”, He asked as she smiled.

“Lucky for you, there’s a flower shop just next to the funeral. We can go there and buy your wife a flower.”, She spoke with a soft tone as Baekhyun smiled in reply. “That’s great.”

“Where will your wife be buried?”, She asked, out of pure curiosity. “At Busan, her hometown.”, Baekhyun answered shortly.

“Oh? That’s so far from Seoul, though.”, She spoke, glancing into Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded in agreement. “Yeah, but she really loves her hometown and I know it’s the best decision to bury her casket by there.”, Baekhyun spoke, his eyes turning sad.

“I see.”, She spoke simply. Deep inside she’s smiling, because she knows Baekhyun won’t be able to visit her dead wife that much due to how far Busan is from Seoul, and she loves that fact. She’s ed up.

 

The bus arrived, and people were all rushing to get in. Inside the bus was hella packed. All seats were taken and she’s standing by the side of the door, while Baekhyun had no choice but to stand right In front of her, his body facing hers.

Once in a while, the bus would break out of the sudden causing Baekhyun to almost fall into her. Baekhyun keeps apologizing and he tried his best to stand still. His scent could be smelled and Gyu-Won had never misses it this much.


Once arrived at their destination, they both walked out from the bus and stopped at the flower shop.

“Welcome, may I help you?”, the old lady spoke in a soft tone as she smiled. Baekhyun smiled back. “I’m here to buy some flowers..”, He spoke, stopping for a while as his eyes lingered around the store finding the appropriate flower.

“For your beautiful wife here?”, the old lady spoke as she looked into Gyu-Won with a gentle smile. Her face flushed as she waved her hand quickly in deny. “No, no I’m not her wife..”, she spoke with a smile.

The old lady looked into her. “Really? That’s a pity, you two looked perfect for each other.”, the old lady spoke followed by a small laugh.

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly as he then pointed to some lilies. “Ma’am, can I have those?”.


They both arrived by the funeral and parted ways by saying goodbye. Gyu Won’s eyes lingered onto the man’s just for a while before turning her back and left.

 

Baekhyun went to his wife’s funeral room. By next week, his wife’s casket will be buried in Busan’s graveyard, which is about 325 km from Seoul. It’ll be hard for him to visit her since it’s so far away and Baekhyun will be busy with his work.

As a single tear escaped from his eye, he asked god why all of this happened.


Half through her shift, Gyu Won felt something odd by her body. She quickly walked to the bathroom and washed her face.

              Her chest is hurting, and she’s having trouble breathing. She tried to keep it up but it seems like she’s going to faint anytime soon.

Her head is spinning, and her migraine is getting worse. Gyu Won walked out from the ladies’ bathroom with her eyes lowered to the ground.

A man accidentally bumped into her causing her to fall onto the ground. As she was close to fainting, she heard Baekhyun’s voice yelling her name just before her sight turned dark.


Author’s note :- <3