C H A P T E R E I G H T E EN

Through The Funeral

“Gyu Won, please talk to me. I am here to listen to your problem.”, the psychologist, Dr Kim spoke with a stern tone as Gyu Won kept her gaze low, completely shut.

“You know that you’re putting yourself in danger, right? This, your behaviour is not healthy at all.”, he added, his voice softened. Gyu Won sniffled, her eyes watery.

“Gyu Won..”, he muttered. “Let me see your arm, okay?”, he asked as he held her arm softly. She pushed him, eyes sharp. “Don’t touch me.”, she growled, gritting through her teeth.

 

Dr Kim sighed in surrender as he sat back in silence. Gyu Won kept her gaze on the floor. “You do know you’re being a huge burden to your family right?”, he spoke with a strict tone as Gyu Won ignored him completely.

 

“There is a way for you to get out from this, and I am here to help.”, Dr Kim stated.

She found her surrounding blurred out of the sudden, and the sharp pain in her stomach is unexplainable. She falls down to the floor with a thud and the sound of Dr Kim yelling her name was the last thing she heard before her sight turned to pitch black.


Chapter 18

“Gyu Won.”, the man spoke in a confused tone, he straightened his posture up and faced Gyu Won with his whole body. “Baekhyun.”, she muttered, eyes wide.

“W-What are you doing here? What happened to your car?”, she spoke, stuttering.

Baekhyun grinned just slightly. “It suddenly broke down. You know, old cars.”, he spoke, laughing just slightly.

 

The road weren’t busy at all that day, but somehow Baekhyun couldn’t get any signal on his phone.

He groaned in frustration, his eyes lingered to her. “Where are you heading to anyway?”, he asked with soft eyes as Gyu Won chuckled. “I.. was about to head to Gangnam.”, she stated.

Baekhyun looks shocked as he stared into her. “Gangnam? Why?”, he asked in pure curiosity as Gyu Won smiled. “I just wanted to relax and treat myself.”, she responded as Baekhyun nodded. “I see.”, he spoke.

“Well, don’t mind me here. Continue your journey, I wouldn’t want to be the reason your night is ruined.”, Baekhyun spoke with a soft smile. “Thank you for stopping to check on me, that was really kind of you.”, he added more, his eyes smiling.

Gyu Won stared into him, not knowing what to say.

            “Hey.. why don’t I give you a ride back to Seoul? I mean, it’s not that far from here.. just about 30 minutes.”, she spoke with a kind smile as Baekhyun instantly shook his head repeatingly.

 “Oh my god, no. No need for you to do that, really. I’m sure I’ll be able to get a taxi or something.”, he spoke with a laugh. Gyu Won bit her lower lip. “It’s getting late, I don’t want you to get sick.”, she spoke worryingly.

Baekhyun shook his head. “Don’t worry about me at all, Gyu. Please, just continue your night.”, He spoke, smiling.

Gyu Won sighed. “Well, I insist.”, she spoke stubbornly as Baekhyun stared into her, his face uneasy.

“Well… You’re going to Gangnam right? Why don’t you just take me there? It’s just about 15 minutes from here. I’m sure I’ll be able to get a hotel there then the next morning I’ll give the tow company a call and get my car.”, he spoke as Gyu Won silenced for a while before nodding.

 “That sounds like a plan.”, she smiled as she moved a bit to front making space for Baekhyun to sit at the back of her scooter.

 

She started the engine and started making her way to Gangnam. Baekhyun has his hand wrapped tightly by her waist, and Gyu Won can literally feel her face reddening.

 

They arrived shortly in Gangnam approximately 15 minutes later. Gyu Won parked her scooter nearby her hotel as Baekhyun got off the scooter and slightly ruffled his hair.

“Thank you, Gyu Won.”, Baekhyun spoke with a kind smile as Gyu Won shrugged it off with a chuckle. “It’s nothing. You’ve helped me before, so now we’re even.”, she spoke, her eyes soft.

Baekhyun laughed. “Alright, I’m going to try to find a hotel to stay. Goodbye, Gyu. Have a good night!”, he spoke and waved his hand just slightly. Gyu Won waved her hand back, giving Baekhyun a short smile.

 


Gyu Won had checked in into her hotel and had bathed. She is now wearing her bathrobe and is drying her hair up.

She looked outside the window and realized that it’s slightly raining. She wondered if Baekhyun had gotten a hotel yet. It’ll probably be hard considering how packed Gangnam is with tourist.

 

As she hummed and dried her using the hairdryer, phone ranged. Baekhyun is calling her.

She answered almost immediately. “Hey, Baek. Have you gotten a room yet?”, she asked, her voice filled with worry.

Baekhyun sighed through the line. “I’ve been through almost 6 Hotel, and I still couldn’t get a room. I was wondering if I could stay just for a while in your room. At least until the raining stops.”, he plead, his voice sounded weary.

Gyu Won hesitated for a while.

“Yeah, sure. You know which one my Hotel is right? I’m at floor 5 room 501.”, she spoke as Baekhyun sighed in relief. “Thank you so much, Gyu. I promise after the rain stop I’ll leave. I’m sorry to ruin your night.”, he spoke as Gyu Won smiled.

“Hey, it’s okay. You’re not ruining my night. Hurry come. I’m sure you’re cold.”, Gyu Won spoke in a soft tone as Baekhyun answered with a short ‘okay’ and ending the call.

 

A lot of things could happen when a boy and a girl spend a night together.

         A lot.