C H A P T E R O N E

Through The Funeral

C H A P T E R  O N E

“Gyu-won, Let’s just end this.”, Baekhyun muttered softly. His eyes traced from the ground to her face and stayed silent. She kept her face expressionless. She chewed her lips as her eyes were both lost. It has been different lately.

The man in front of her seems unhappy, and although she still loves him deeply, she had to do whatever it takes for the man to be happy back. She opened her lips and stared to the man in front her, “Yeah, sure.”


6 years later

Her days had always been quiet. And she enjoyed the silent.

She enjoys being alone more than anything, but somehow she couldn’t get one particular boy out of her mind. It’s driving her crazy and she does not want to admit it.

      She let out a sigh for the umpteenth time. Her days somehow seemed to be darker and her diary is lacking in words. Her mind is in chaos, and the thought of death intrigues her.

 So she did what exactly she always wanted.

 

Work at a funeral home.


It has been 2 weeks since she had started working at the funeral home. The payment was not that great but she enjoys the surrounding of people crying and mourning. It’s ed up and she knows it.

She walked to one of the funeral room and started cleaning it as it was reserved to be used by two o’clock. She started mopping the floor.

 

“Lee Gyu-Won..?”, a voice filled the room as her heart sank. She knew that voice more than anything. She turned her head to the voice and was greeted by the face of his ex-lover.

“B-Byun Baekhyun.”, She muttered back. “H-Hey. It has been a long time.”, Baekhyun spoke as she nodded in agreement.

                           

Baekhyun had changed a lot. Last time she saw him he still had all kinds of acne all over his face. Baekhyun had grown up a lot. He had lost all of his baby fat and he’s taller too. He had matured so much and the tone in his voice had become deeper.

“Y-You reserved this room?”, She asked, her eyes blinking a lot with herself realizing. Baekhyun nodded just slightly. “Y-Yeah..”. His eye seemed puffy and red. Possibly because of crying.

 

“May I ask… who died?”, She asked, keeping her tone as low as possible. Baekhyun silenced for a few moment, it looked like he was hesitating. She quickly came to her sense as she shook her head, “N-No, no no, you don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to, I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun smiled softly and shook his head. “My wife.., and my first child.”, He replied, and the sadness in his tone was obvious.

Her heart sank even deeper at the mention of the word ‘wife.’. She stared into him with wide eyes. “W-Wife..?”, She asked, asking for confirmation. He nodded as both of his eyes were glued to the ground.

“She died while giving birth to my first child. At the end, both of them died.”, He spoke followed by a small, forced laugh. “God is ed up.”, He muttered in hatred.

She stared into him in shock, and slight pity. “I-I.. didn’t know that you were married.”, she spoke in a straight tone. Baekhyun stared into her with wide eyes. “Yeah.. I mean we broke up and cut off all contact… how would’ve you know..”, Baekhyun spoke.

 

             She’s starting to feel all kinds of ed up feeling. Jealousy; Baekhyun, the guy she had been missing for the past 6year is married.

Hatred; Baekhyun had been happy all this time while she suffers.

Confusion; Meeting Byun baekhyun again after 6 years, it seemed like she could fall in love again.

 

and the last feeling, which she tries hard to deny. But somehow it’s winning over her.

Relieved/Happy; Byun Baekhyun’s wife is dead.