C H A P T E R N I N E T EE N

Through The Funeral

“You have improved so much.”, Dr Kim spoke, his lip curving a proud smile.

It has been a total 2 month since Gyu Won’s weekly session with Dr Kim  started and her condition had improved a lot. She had stopped cutting, she rarely cries and gets emotional and she also doesn’t think about Baekhyun that much

“If this pursues, I might be able to release you earlier.”, Dr Kim added as Gyu Won chuckled. “It wouldn’t have been possible if It wasn’t because of you, doc.”, she spoke.

He smiled. “You will be taking your college entrance exam by next week right?”,, he asked as she nodded. “I’ve studied a lot and I want to make my parents proud. I am positive that I could pass it.”, she replied with bright eyes.

He laughed. “That’s the spirit. I’ll be rooting for you.”, he spoke. “Thank you.”, she responded, smiling.


Chapter 19

“A lot of things could happen when a boy and a girl spend a night together.”


There was a knock by the door and as Gyu Won peeked through the peephole, the sight of drenched Baekhyun could be seen.

    She let him in with a soft smile as Baekhyun smiled back. “I’m freezing.”, he spoke, his body shaking just slightly. Gyu Won chuckled as she took a piece of towel  and handed it to Baekhyun.

“Thank you so much, Gyu. I’ve burdened you a lot.”, Baekhyun spoke as he used the towel to dry his hair up. “Hey you’re not burdening me, okay. Just get some rest until the raining stops, okay?”, She spoke as Baekhyun smiled.

“You’re always so kind.”, he spoke, his gaze soft. Gyu Won smiled as she silenced.

“I think.. I’m gonna go and take a bath, will that be fine with you?”, he asked as she nodded. “Y-Yeah, make yourself comfortable.”, she spoke as Baekhyun muttered a soft thank you.


Gyu Won was just watching the television as Baekhyun had finished showering. He ruffled his hair using the towel as he approached Gyu Won.

“What are you watching?”, he asked in pure curiosity. She smiled to him. “Do you remember this show? You used to sneak out at night just to watch it at my home because your house didn’t have that cabel.”, she spoke, her eyes glistening in joy.

Baekhyun laughed out loud. “And do you remember your mom yelling at us because we were laughing too loud?”, he asked as he tried to hold back his laughter and Gyu Won were laughing so hard her eyes were teary.

 

Gyu Won silenced as Baekhyun sat next to him. The two of them watched the show quietly, laughing at the funny moments.

 

“This… reminds me of the old times.”, Baekhyun spoke, his gaze changing toward hers. She was taken aback for a while as her gaze was kept on the screen.

“What good old times?”, she asked, her voice sad. He smiled. “We… I mean the way we used to be so madly in love with each other. Making inside jokes that only the two of us understands. Cheering each other during hard times and feeling sad whenever one of us were sad.”, He confessed, his eyes soft.

 

“What happened to us, Gyu?”, he asked, his gaze piercing into her eyes. She stared on the floor as she sighed softly.

 “Don’t ask me what happened to us when you know it very clearly.”, She spoke with a cold tone.

          “You were the one who broke our relationship. You were cold to me during the very last moment. You keep ignoring me, fighting me and then one day you just broke our relationship like that. And now you’re asking what happened to us?”, She added, her tone rising at every word.

“Something are just not meant to be.”, she spoke as her eyes avoided his. He stared at her, knowing that she’s mad. He was wrong and he knows it very clearly. He was a child and he makes mistakes. And he knows he has to fix it.

 

So he grabbed her by her face and planted a kiss by her lips.


Author's note :- Sorry for the late update! <3