C H A P T E R SE V E N

Through The Funeral

“Oh, so it’s my fault now, huh?”, She yelled, her voice rising up. “You think? Was it necessary to go see him?”, Baekhyun spoke in a calm tone as his eyes bore into hers.

“How many times must I tell you that guy is just a friend! I don’t complain when you have a friend that is a girl, right? So why it is such a big problem when I go out to have a drink with a guy friend of mine?”, She spoke in a firm tone. “You’re being childish.”, she added as she placed both of her hand by her waist.

Baekhyun scoffed. “Oh so I’m the childish one? And what are you? A desperate ?”, Baekhyun spoke in a serious tone.

The look in her face changed as she stared into him in disbelief. “Please tell me you didn’t mean that.”, she spoke in a soft tone. There’s a hint of sadness and hurt in her expression. Baekhyun stared into her, his face frowning.

 

There’s tear formed in her eye, and she had turned her gaze away. Guilt hit Baekhyun as he held Gyu Won by the shoulder firmly. “I’m sorry, babe.”, he spoke in a soft tone. Gyu Won is still not looking at him.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what had gotten into me.”, Baekhyun spoke as Gyu Won stared into him. Tears fell from her eyes as Baekhyun kissed her by the cheek. “I love you, Gyu. I really do, that was really low of Me.”, he added and planted a small kiss, this time on her lips.

Gyu Won hugged him. “I’m sorry too, Baek. I won’t go out with him anymore if you don’t like it. I’m sorry for not caring about your feelings.”, She spoke as she tightened the hug.

Baekhyun smiled; relieved that their first fight had ended well.


C H A P T E R   S E V E N

“Thank you.”

She walked out of the room as Baekhyun stood in the staff’s room alone. Gyu Won had just kissed him in the cheek.

He held his cheek by his palm. His face feels hot and his stomach feels weird. He fanned himself using his fingers a few times just slightly and walked out from the room.


Gyu Won walked to the counter with a red face as she tries hard not to flutter herself. She had just kissed Byun Baekhyun by the cheek. What if Baekhyun think she’s a freak?

“Gyu Won-ah! Are you feeling better?”, a lady who is also a worker walked toward her as Gyu Won nodded in response with a soft smile. “Y-Yeah, I’m so sorry ma’am, I probably had caused a scene..”, Gyu Won spoke as the worker shook her head.

“It’s okay, you worried me there. Thankfully your boyfriend was there to carry you to the staff’s resting room.”, the lady spoke as Gyu Won stared into her in confusion. “B-Boyfriend? Who? Baekhyun?”, Gyu Won asked followed by a small laugh.

“No, no he’s not my boyfriend.”, She spoke. “He’s a just.. an old friend of mine.”, Gyu Won added as she lowered her eyes to the ground, her lips forming into a smile.

 

The lady tilted her head just slightly. “Oh, really? I just thought that he was your boyfriend because he seemed dead worried when you had fainted.”, the lady spoke as Gyu Won stared into her, not knowing what to response.


Gyu Won’s shift ended peacefully and she had arrived in her apartment safely.

She glanced onto her watch and dropped her bag by the couch. Her head is spinning and her heart is beating loudly. She’s getting paranoia, she’s going crazy.

She held her chest tightly as she let out a rough, muffled breath. It had been 3 years since the last time this happened. She’s not used to this anymore. She let out a slight scream to endure the pain.

She felt, kneeling to the floor. It feels like dying. It’s indescribable. Tears fall like river. She gritted through her teeth and shut both of her eyes tightly. It felt like forever before she felt asleep by the ground, her face stained with tears.

 

She woke up in the morning with swollen eyes.

She called the funeral home informing them that she won’t be working today because she had caught a fever. The truth is she doesn’t even know what had gotten into her.

But she does know the reason why. Byun Baekhyun.


She had eaten breakfast and was just doing a simple cleaning by her room when suddenly the doorbell rang. She doesn’t know who to expect as she wasn’t expecting a guest.

As she opened her door just slightly, the sight of Baekhyun’s face appeared as she was speechless. “Baek?”, she spoke, shock filling her tone. Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “I went to check on you by the funeral, but they said you called in sick.. so I was kinda worried and asked for your apartment’s address and..”, he spoke, stopping or a while and laughed.

“H-Here I am.”, he spoke awkwardly. Gyu Won stared into him, her eyes lingering onto his face. It seems quite unreal.

“W-Well, come in I suppose?”, she spoke and moved a bit to give some space for Baekhyun to come inside. Baekhyun smiled and muttered a soft ‘thank you’.

 

Gyu Won placed a glass of apple juice by the coffee table as Baekhyun sat by the couch quietly. She sat next to him as she cleared to start the conversation.

“W-Why were you here again…?”, she asked, her eyes focusing on Baekhyun’s eyes. Baekhyun blinked his eye a few times as he smiled softly. “I just, I was worried.”, he spoke as he turned his face away. Gyu Won stared into him in shock. “Why..?”, Gyu Won asked, her tone is soft and filled with curiosity.

“You fainted yesterday, so I just thought it’ll be nice to.. pay you a visit and check on you just in case your sickness gets worse.”, baekhyun spoke, his eyes are soft and glistening.

The both of them silenced as Gyu Won looked to the floor with a soft smile.

“I miss you, Gyu Won.”, Baekhyun spoke. Gyu Won stared into him with wide eyes. “What?”, she heard him well, but somehow she wants him to repeat it. Baekhyun bit his lower lip. “After we broke up, you still linger onto my mind. Like almost every day.”, he spoke, his lips forming into a smile.

Darkness washed over her face as she stared into the man in front of her with sharp eyes. “Then why the did you get married? Why did you never chase me?”, she spoke in a firm tone as Baekhyun stared into her in shock.

 

“If you really had missed me, you would’ve come and search for me, but you didn’t and you never did!! And then suddenly one day we accidentally meet and you’re ing married!!”, She yelled. She can’t control herself, she’s losing it.

        Baekhyun was left speechless. Somehow she is crying now. She’s really ed up.

“Please, you should just leave.”, She spoke, wiping her tears. “Gyu, I’m sorry.”, He spoke. “I didn’t mean to do that; hurting you. I never intend to do that. Not once..”, Baekhyun added, explaining himself.

“Leave. I’m begging.”, She added as she stand up and walked to the door. She opened the front door, motioning Baekhyun to leave but a sudden voice greeted her.

“Gyu Won.”, the deep voice spoke as she turned to look at the door. The sight of a man standing outside her door caught her eye as she was left shocked. “Chanyeol?”, She spoke in a shocked tone. “You didn’t tell me you were coming.”, She spoke as Chanyeol smiled. “Well you didn’t pick up your phone.”. He spoke in a soft tone as she smiled back softly.

          

Baekhyun was left confused. “Hey, Gyu Won.. who’s this?”, Baekhyun spoke as Chanyeol turned his eyes to Baekhyun. Gyu Won’s eye widened as she completely had forgotten about Baekhyun.

“Baek, this is… Chanyeol. My ex-boyfriend.”, Gyu Won spoke simply as Baekhyun’s eye widened. “W-What?”

Chanyeol gave a smile as he shook his hand out.

               “Park Chanyeol. Gyu Won’s ex-FIANCEE.”, he spoke, emphasizing the word ‘ fiancée.‘.