C H A P T E R S I X

Through The Funeral

“Ugh, I at math.”, she whined, dropping her pencil and shutting both of her eyes tightly. Baekhyun chuckled, “It’s not that hard if you pay attention in class.”, he spoke in a teasing tone as she glared into him jokingly.

They were having a study session, at the same time also celebrating their one month anniversary.

“Baek, teach me this one, will you?”, She slightly begged as Baekhyun smiled. “Sure. For this one you need to find the x first before multiplying it all. Then you’ll be able to find the Y then subtract the X and the Y. Very easy, Gyu.”, He explained simply as Gyu Won nodded.

“Aah… hey, you’re pretty good at this.”, She spoke with a smile. “At what?”, Baekhyun asked, his eyes staring deep into hers.

“At teaching.”, she spoke, her fingers starting to solve the question. “Why don’t you be a teacher?”, she added in a teasing tone as Baekhyun laughed. “We’ll see about that.”


C H A P T E R 6

Baekhyun was on his way to the bathroom before he accidentally bumped into a girl. He apologized but his eyes widened when the girl suddenly fell to the ground. Upon realizing the girl is Gyu Won, he yelled her name in concern but she immediately passed out on the floor, both of her eyes were shut tightly.

Baekhyun kneeled to the floor as he shooked her shoulder a few times. “Gyu Won, hey are you okay?”, He asked, his tone filled with worry and shock.

             “Gyu Won!”, Baekhyun yelled.

People walking around in the funeral home were starting to stare as Baekhyun was clueless of what to do. Another worker at the funeral rushed into Gyu won as she kneeled too. “Hey, Gyu Won! What is wrong?”, the mid-aged lady spoke as she shook Gyu Won’s shoulder a few time.

Gyu Won didn’t nudge, her eyes were both shut tightly.

The worker stared into Baekhyun. “Do you know Gyu Won, sir?”, She asked, her face filled with concern. Baekhyun stared into her in shock. “U-Uh? Y-Yeah, I’m a friend of her…”, Baekhyun answered simply. The lady’s expression turned slightly relieved.

“Can you please carry her to the staff’s resting room then? The funeral is packed today and I’m very busy, it would be a great pleasure if you could help me..”, the worker spoke, the concern and the busy look in her eye was obvious as Baekhyun then couldn’t help but to agree.

“A-Alright, where’s the room?”, He asked as the worker smiled. “Walk straight from here, turn left and you’ll see a room. Just place her by the couch and let her rest.”, the lady spoke in a quick tone as she stand up.

Baekhyun carried Gyu Won who is still unconscious bridal style, and looked into the worker. “Does this always happens to her?”, Baekhyun asked, his hand firmly carrying Gyu Won so that she won’t fall.

The worker let out a soft sigh and shook her head. “She had been complaining about her headache, but this is the first time she fainted while in work.”, the lady spoke.

“I need to go now, you will take care of her right?”, the lady added more as Baekhyun nodded.

“Don’t worry.”, Baekhyun spoke with a soft smile.


Baekhyun arrived at the room and gently placed Gyu Won by the couch. He sighed as he stared into her face. She looked stunning, and she had always been.

Baekhyun had forgotten the reason why they broke up, and he blames his bad memories. But somehow he had never forgotten the reason he fell in love with her. She had always been a quiet girl in school, yet there was something so captivating, so alluring about her.

Her eyes are always out of focus, and it seemed like she’s always spaced out. It seems like she’s always in her own mind. in her own world.

And that’s what caught Baekhyun’s curiosity. Baekhyun wanted to know more. She seemed fragile, and Baekhyun wanted to protect her. He was attracted to her.

 

Gyu Won’s breathing was becoming harder and her sweats are increasing. Baekhyun was clueless of what to do and he’s getting more worried as time passes.  Baekhyun shook her shoulder a few times.

“Gyu Won..”, He spoke softly. “Are you okay…?”, he added, this time in a gentler tone.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open as Baekhyun stared into her with wide eyes.  “Gyu Won! You’re awake!”, Baekhyun spoke with a relieved tone as Gyu Won was confused.

“Oh my god.. What happened?”, She spoke, her voice was hoarse and her eyes were blinking a lot. Baekhyun sighed softly. “You passed out earlier, and a worker told me to bring you to the staff’s room.”, He explained slowly as Gyu Won stared into him in shock.

“I-I fainted?”, she asked, her face slowly turning red. “I-In front of you? Oh, my god.. that is, so embarrassing..”, she added as she then gently massaged her forehead using her fingers.

 

Baekhyun stared into her; his face is filled with concern. “What is wrong, Gyu? Why did you suddenly faint?”, Baekhyun spoke. Gyu Won stared into him. It has been 6 year since the last time Baekhyun called her by the nickname ‘Gyu’.

She cleared and gave him a soft smile. “It’s nothing. I’m probably just tired.”, she spoke, assuring him. Baekhyun stared into her. His lips are slightly open as he stared into her with deep gaze. “Are you sure?”, Baekhyun asked, there’s a hint of concern in his tone.

 

She smiled. “I’m sure. There’s nothing to be worry.”, She spoke as she tried to stand up, but Baekhyun stopped her. “Hey, hey. Rest, what if you faint again?”, Baekhyun spoke, he sounded mad.

Gyu Won smiled. “Baek, don’t worry. I’m a strong girl.”, She spoke followed by a chuckle. “You should spend some time with your wife, today is her last day here before her coffin will be transferred to Busan to be buried.”, She added.

 

Baekhyun stared into her. There’s worry in his eyes. There’s slightly care too.  “Alright then.”, he spoke followed a soft sigh as he stood up.

“I’ll be leaving first, you get some rest okay?”, He spoke as Gyu Won stood up and faced him. She nodded simply. Baekhyun nodded as he turned his back and walked out from the room.

She stared into his back with her eyes gazing. “B-Baek, wait!”, She spoke, slightly yelling. Baekhyun turned to face her with a confused face. “What’s wrong, Gyu Won?”, He asked.

Gyu Won planted a quick, simple kiss by Baekhyun’s cheek as he froze. Her action shocked even herself but the feel of Baekhyun’s cheek on her lips is something she missed so much.

 

“Thank you.”, she spoke simply with a soft smile and walked out of the room. Baekhyun stood, motionless. His feelings are all mixed up and he wasn’t sure what to feel.


Author's note :- Won't be updating next week. Suuuuper important exam coming up. Wish me luck.