h o t e l

OPERATION: LOVE
 
 
 
 
 
Mark groaned annoyingly at the ringing of the house’s bell. Some er wants to die today.
 
Next to him, Jinyoung whined cutely with his eyes still closed as he held on more tightly, obviously, did not like the feeling of his husband leaving their bed. Mark leaned over and placed a kiss on Jinyoung’s forehead as he carefully removed the male’s arm. Tough luck, because now Mark’s own legs are tangled with Jinyoung’s. Sighing, Mark prayed for his attempt of detaching his limbs from his husband’s. Took quite a few struggles, but he did it. On his way out to their bedroom’s door, Mark bended over and picked up a random pair of sweatpants and shirt that’s been carelessly discarded on the carpet since last night’s activities. He could care less about whose clothes he just picked up. But it looks like he had picked Jinyoung’s since the hems came pass his ankle and almost covered his foot. Jinyoung is a bit taller. And has a strange liking to Mark wearing his clothes. 
 
Putting on his shirt as he grumbly stalked down the stairs of their new villa, Mark swore he’ll kill whoever is it that’s on the other side of that front door. 
 
“I am going to kill you,” Mark growled, glaring daggers at the person who he just opened the door to. Leaving the door open, the Captain walked back to his couch and tiredly threw his body on it. Jinyoung was very energetic last night. Mark could not count how many times he was ridden by a very enthusiastic Vice Captain. He grimaced at the thought of his husband’s rear and back when he wakes up. Damn, it’ll hurt like hell. What if he can’t sit? , he got work later in the morning. Should I call in sick for him? But like did someone drugged him or some ? Why the hell was he so ing active? , I’m tired. Maybe I should call both of us in.
 
“Rough night?” Jaebum asked as he took a seat on the solo sofa that’s next to the couch Mark was laying in. 
 
Rough is an understatement,” Mark sighed, burying his face in the couch’s pillows. “I mean it was hot, but he'd never stopped. At least not until I put him down.” 
 
Jaebum chuckled, “Sorry, my fault. I left some sample of this energized drug on my table. Didn’t realize Jinyoung would drink it before I could ran it to the labs.” 
 
Mark groaned, “ you, Jaebum.”
 
“He was like really excited afterwards. I swear I had to control him from breaking into your office. But I did promised him that I’ll finish up your paperworks so you can go home earlier.”
 
“Wow, so that’s why? And here I thought you were being nice. I was ready to buy you breakfast. But no, you just want me to prepare myself as a meal for a starving Beast. You er. I was wondering why he was so fidgety while we were eating dinner. Did you know he ing attacked me while I was doing the dishes? What the hell was that drug? Because , I do NOT want him near it ever again.” 
 
“Oh just some recreational stuff mixed with couple doses of and couple shots of alcohol,” Jaebum casually informed. “It’s not addictive, don’t worry.”
 
By this time, Mark already fully awake and sat straight up. He stared at Jaebum with his mouth hung open, “What the , Jaebum? How the did you even have hands on something like that?” 
 
Jaebum shrugged, “It just came in a water bottle, and the liquid was clear, like water.”
 
“Oh, God, please tell me Jinyoung didn’t drink too much. He likes water, Jaebum,” Mark shook his head in horror. 
 
“Is half a bottle too much?” Jaebum squinted his eyes thoughtfully, titling his head up a bit towards the ceiling. 
 
Mark gasped, “. What if it wore off now and triggers again when he wakes up?”
 
“I don’t know.”
 
“This is serious, Jaebum. I’m a hundred percent sure right now he won’t be able to sit. Anymore than that and he’ll won’t be able to walk properly for a week. And on my part, I’ll pass out. Jaebum, why would you leave something so dangerous out in the open like that?” Mark grabbed his hair in agony. 
 
“Chill, Mark. It’s going to be okay.” 
 
Mark glared at Jaebum, “No, it’s not. Yes, we’re both very ually active, even more now since we haven’t done it in a bit over a year, but there’s a limit to everything.”
 
“I’m sure you’ll be fine,” Jaebum smiled lightly. “Admit you liked it, Mark.” 
 
Mark rolled his eyes but nodded anyways. Hell, yeah, he loved it. It was wild from start to finish. 
 
Leaning back, Mark eyed his best friend carefully. Surely, Jaebum didn’t come knocking at his door at four in the morning to tell him that his husband accidentally dosed on some drug. “What's wrong, sweetie?” Mark asked in English. “Boy’s problem?”
 
The spark in Mark’s eyes devilishly teased Jaebum, as if Mark knew the outcome and currently savoring the victory of being incredibly right. Jaebum just want to gouge those alluring brown orbs out of their sockets and feed them to an angry growling wolf. 
 
“I tried to kiss him,” Jaebum exhaled shakily. “. I didn’t know what I was doing… I… We were talking and laughing and the next thing I know I’m his cheeks and leaning in and oh my God I swear I wasn’t thinking straight and Jesus ing Christ the way he had looked at me was so ing inviting and I couldn’t resist and I don’t know my body just acts on its own and I ing swear I could felt his breath on my lips and it was so ing hot and and,” words spewed out of a panicking agent without a pause, “And for a minute I was ing and my mind goes blank and I remembered wanting those sinful lips against mines so so so bad but then he rejected me and pushed me away and he apologized but he looked like he’s in a lot of pain and I just wanted to help but he ran away I-I-I j-just wan-wanted to help I just-“
 
“Breathe, Jaebum,” Mark appeared beside his best friend and gently placed a hand on his back, calming him down. “You’re having one of those attacks again. It’s okay. Slow down. Breathe.” 
 
Jaebum clenched tight on the fabric of Mark’s sofa. He tried to regain control of himself. But it’s just gets more suffocating as each second goes by. 
 
“I swear I was just trying to help…” Jaebum whispered hoarsely, “But he pushed me away… Oh, man, I’ve never felt like this ever, Mark. I never knew how much this would hurt. But it hurts. . It hurts so ing much.” 
 
Pity would not be what was evidenced in Mark’s tired eyes. Mark knew this would happen. And there was nothing to stop it. Not when Jaebum had started off with being the boyfriend. Mark knows Jaebum. Although he goes around wearing those cold eyes of his and smoothly charms his ways into the hearts of the people, Jaebum was a sensitive person who occasionally has anxiety attacks over things that he felt are threats to his organized life. Jaebum is distracted, Mark figured. Jaebum likes the control he has over his life, but Youngjae is his distraction. Youngjae is what makes him lose control. Complete control. 
 
They’ve known each other probably for the entirety of their lives. Jaebum’s parents were controlling and demanding. Mark remembered how much he hated his best friend’s parents for locking the poor boy up just because he snuck out to get ice cream with Mark. Living under his parents' roof, Jaebum never gets to do anything he likes. Or decides anything. Every choices were made by his parents. Everything was being taken care of by his parents. Jaebum finally snapped one day when his parents decided to marry their son off to some rich daughter of a rival company, hoping to form alliances or some . Mark had helped Jaebum ran away. Despite Mark not having much money to support two people at the time, they managed within themselves and they were happy. 
 
Jaebum was genuinely smiling for once. College-student-Jaebum was the happiest Mark had ever seen. Even when the two sometimes struggled financially, Jaebum was content and satisfied. Their apartment was a ratchet shack hole, but Jaebum still enjoyed it and there’s not one day he was upset at how broke both of them are. Jaebum loved the freedom. 
 
He loved the fact that he was now in control of whatever he’s doing. 
 
It wasn’t until Mark’s leave for his studies back in his home country that Jaebum was losing it. His parents took the chance and scooped Jaebum from his grounded paradise. He was back within their hold. 
 
And it went downhill from there, except for the part that Jaebum accidentally joined the training session of a bunch of potential agents, thinking he signed up for some physical activities course offered at his university. 
 
Well, life did get a bit better for Jaebum. As soon as he was accepted in the K.N.S.S. as a low rank agent, Jaebum fled his house and went independent. It was difficult to build up a stable foundation without much money to begin with, but Jaebum remembered how he somehow won a couple of villas in his name. He leaves them there as backups. 
 
He didn’t need his parents. He’d survived on his own. 
 
“What am I going to do, Mark…” Jaebum has finally calm down. “Did you know that they… They altered the orders?” 
 
“I know,” Mark replied. “Jinyoung doesn’t though. It’s all right. I’m looking into it right now. There’s something going on.” 
 
“Thank you,” Jaebum lifted his head up and met Mark’s eyes, smiling with much appreciation. “On another thought, I don’t know what’s going on with me.” 
 
“You’re getting too involved,” Mark stated, “That’s what’s going on with you. Jaebum, I hope you know what exactly you’re doing and the consequences of this.” Mark looked at his friend’s slumped shoulders with much sympathy. It’s not normal to see the confident Jaebum looking like a kicked puppy. Mark wasn’t lying when he told Jinyoung how worried he was about Jaebum. “Stop when you need to stop, buddy. Or it isn’t going to end well for the  both of you. I completely understand what you’re going through because Jinyoung made me felt the same way, but Jaebum, this, whatever this is, is different from us, situation-wise I mean. You’re risking a lot, here. And you don’t know Youngjae very well, and I can swear to you that Youngjae has been through hell and back. So, Jaebum, think carefully about this whole thing-“
 
“I want him.” 
 
“-and decides- wait, what?” Mark gawked at Jaebum. “What was that? Did you just say what I think you said? Or do I need to get my ears checked because-“
 
“I want him,” Jaebum repeated, this time with more want than he ever knew he needs. Jaebum knows he sounded desperate, but he didn’t care. 
 
Mark wasn’t shocked, but rather quite surprised. This is Jaebum, saying that he wants someone, a man on top of that. “Jaebum-“
 
“I don’t know how I feel about him yet,” Jaebum trapped his head between his hands, “But I know I want him, God, I want him so ing bad, Mark. How the hell did I not know until now? How long have I been wanting him? Was it in those three months that I was bedridden at the hospital? Or was it just recently in these weeks that I’ve tried hard to ‘date’ him? I don’t ing know. Right now, all I can think about is helping him and wanting him and being with him, and I think I’m going mad.” 
 
Mark offered a small smiled before patting his best friend’s shoulder, “You probably are, but it’s all good.” 
 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Staring off into space, Youngjae re-evaluates all his life choices. What happened last night has branded itself vividly in the doctor’s depressed mind. He grabbed his head in frustration. Nothing is working right. 
 
“Um, excuse me…” 
 
Youngjae snapped out of it as he realized there’s someone next to him. “Oh. I’m sorry,” Youngjae quickly apologized to his patient, “It’s been a long night.” The doctor weakly smiled. 
 
“Understandable,” the patient returned the smile, “Doctor Choi has been a lot more popular lately!” 
 
Chuckling softly, Youngjae reached up and the little girl’s hair, “Yeah, your oppa is very popular, apparently. Right, Yoojung-ah?” 
 
Yoojung giggled and relaxed under her doctor’s brotherly touch. She has been Youngjae’s patient for about a year now. Her sickness kept her in the hospital where she could be monitored frequently. It was one of those mornings where her system fails. Good thing Youngjae didn’t fell asleep. 
 
“You’re getting better,” Youngjae said. “You’ll be out soon.”
 
Yoojung smiled sadly; she knows he was trying to cheer her up, “No, I’m not. But it’s okay. I like it here.” 
 
“Don’t say that.”
 
"You’ve done more than what my family and I could ever ask for. You’re amazing, Youngjae-oppa,” Yoojung placed her small cold hands on top of Youngjae’s warm big ones. 
 
They stayed like that for awhile. Although tired from being awake all night, Youngjae still held Yoojung’s hands with comfort and assurance. 
 
“Hey, Youngjae-oppa?”
 
Youngjae hummed in response. 
 
“Where’s that oppa?” 
 
“Who?” Youngjae raised his eyebrow. 
 
“That handsome oppa that always come and pick you up for dinner. What’s his name? I think he has a similar name to you… I think it was Jae-something…” 
 
“Jaebum.” 
 
“Yeah! Yes! That oppa! Where’s him?” 
 
“What do you mean, Yoojung-ah? He’s obviously not here. It’s too early in the morning.”
 
“But he was,” Yoojung titled her cute little head, “Last night.”
 
Immediately, Youngjae’s eyes widen and his cheeks started flaming up. The memories flashed. Oh, God, please, not right now. 
 
“Yeah,” keeping his composure, Youngjae cleared his throat, “He left shortly after though…”
 
“Oh,” Yoojung pressed her lips together, “That’s too bad.” 
 
“Huh?”
 
“I mean he’s cute and you’re cute, and so you two can be cute together!” Yoojung smiled brightly, obviously very excited about the two scandalous males. 
 
“Stop meddling in adults’ business, kid,” Youngjae sighed. 
 
“I’m not a kid! I’m thirteen already!” Yoojung pout cutely. 
 
“Right, you’re so old,” Youngjae rolled his eyes. 
 
“Whatever, oppa just salty because your boyfriend isn’t here to give you morning kisses,” Yoojung sassily flipped her long hair. 
 
Youngjae scoffed, “This kid… Yah, where’s your boyfriend then?” 
 
Yoojung smirked, “Don’t have one. But I’ll gladly take Jaebum-oppa on a date. With your permission, of course. Wouldn’t want a jealous doctor chasing after my with a scalpel now, wouldn’t I?”
 
“Language! You’re thirteen! May the Lord bless your wandering soul!” Youngjae dramatically placed a hand over his chest, his face full of feigned offense. Yoojung laughed. Youngjae laughed, too. “Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, take him, I don’t care.”
 
“You sure?” 
 
“Why… Of course,” Youngjae bit back the annoyed groan that he was close to let out. “We’re not that serious.” The doctor whined at how awkward that had sounded.
 
Yoojung looked at him, unconvinced. 
 
Youngjae cleared his throat again, “Anyways, I’ll leave you to rest. I have to go make some rounds and then hopefully, catch a ten minutes nap or something.” Youngjae stood up and smiled down as he patted Yoojung’s head. “If you need anything, call me, okay?” 
 
“No worries! Sana-eonnie is always around. Oppa, you go rest!” Yoojung cheerfully smiled. 
 
With a nod and a smile, Youngjae left the room. 
 
The doctor skipped going rounds and headed straight to his office. There are no words that can even begin to describe how tired he is. Youngjae regretted not sleeping during the day. Why did he even wasted his sleeping time to watch some crappy romance drama… 
 
Sighing heavily as he shrugged off his white coat, Youngjae mentally debated whether or not should he request a bed in his office. The higher-ups adore him anyways, might as well give the poor doctor a goddamn bed. Or a two weeks vacation. Whichever works. Surprise him. 
 
Youngjae trudged over to the couch. As soon as the comfortable cushions came to view, the doctor froze on his track. 
 
Lying there was an abandoned black leather jacket. 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Fist knocking on the door woke Mark up from his quick slumber. Stretching and yawning, Mark answered, “Come in!” 
 
“Hey, baby,” Jinyoung walked in.
 
“Jinyoungie?” Mark quirked his eyebrow. 
 
“Can I borrow you for a - I mean sec?” 
 
Mark stared at his husband. It doesn’t look like Jinyoung is having problems controlling himself, so… “Sure.” 
 
Jinyoung nodded and sat down in front of Mark’s desk. He didn’t say anything. Just sat there with his eyes drilling holes onto the floor. His hands laid nervously on his lap. Mark knitted his eyebrows in concern.
 
“Sweetheart, what’s wrong?” Mark softly asked. “Is something bothering you?” 
 
Jinyoung bit his lower lip for a couple of seconds before opening his mouth, “I’m sorry… Mark, don’t leave me, please…”
 
Realization damned on Mark like a thunderstorm, “Oh, my God. No, no, no, no, it’s nothing. It’s okay,” Mark left his seat and rounded the desk over to Jinyoung. He kneeled down on one knee before his husband. His hands embraced Jinyoung’s. “Why would you think that, Jinyoung? This is my fault. My joke scarred you, huh? I’m so sorry, honey. But never think that I’ll leave you, all right?” 
 
“It’s just… The drug… I’m so sorry,” Jinyoung finally looked at Mark in the eyes, “I hope you’re all right.” 
 
“Baby, I’m fine. I’m surprised you can still sit,” Mark smiled warmly. 
 
“O-okay. That’s good. I-I mean when I woke up, you weren’t there, so I thought…” 
 
Mark leaned up and kissed Jinyoung’s cheek, “I just got called in early, and well, I was a bit afraid that the drug would trigger again when you’re up. And if it does, you know we won’t be able to leave our bed, so I sort of took matters in my own hands.” Mark leaned up again to kiss his husband, this time on Jinyoung’s pouting lips. “Sorry I didn’t left a note.” 
 
“It’s okay, I understand,” Jinyoung sighed, relieved that Mark wasn’t angry at him or anything. 
 
“Hey, look at me,” Mark stood up from his kneeling position. His soft fingers trailed down Jinyoung’s jaw, tilting his chin up as he forces his husband to look into his eyes. “I’m here, all right? I’m here, with you, forever. I’m not going anywhere. And I don’t care if you like it or not.” 
 
“No, I like it,” Jinyoung said. “I very much like it that you’re here.” And with that, Jinyoung finally smiled happily. Mark swore his heart fluttered and there were millions and millions of butterflies flying excitedly around in his stomach. 
 
“Good,” Mark whispered against Jinyoung’s lips, “Because you’re stuck with me.” 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Youngjae, never ever in his life, wore leather jackets. Or anything of that style. Youngjae was more of a sweater-over-button-ups kind of guy. And plus, the jacket that’s neatly folded on his passenger seat was too big for his small frame anyways. 
 
The doctor wonders if he’s lost. He had taken the morning off in order to drive around the city with his stupid GPS on, looking for the headquarters of the nation’s secret security. This whole trip feels stupid. 
 
“Ugh,” Youngjae groaned. “Why must I do this? I could have just called him and tell him to pick it up himself.” 
 
“In eight hundred feet, turn right on Toegyeoro,” the monotone voice navigated.
 
“, you better be right.” 
 
Driving through a couple of districts, turning about couple of five thousands times, passing through a whole bunch of tall trees, Youngjae finally saw the huge building appeared before his eyes. 
 
He’d never actually seen the facility in real life before, just through pictures. He remembered telling Jinyoung that he thought the Secret Security was just a myth that, apparently, everyone believed in because society has a problem with insecurities and always wanted selfish protections from completely innocent people who were ready to die for the corruption of a society and country. Jinyoung had laughed at Youngjae's face while the trainee, at that time, rudely took the literary book out of the, at that time, med student’s hands. Jinyoung had told Youngjae to stop being such a nerd and go out more. 
 
See, that’s where Jinyoung is different from Youngjae. Park Jinyoung wasn’t a suit person. The lean male liked leather jackets and ripped jeans. He always complained whenever he had to wear something professional for a party of all the biggest names in the business world or something of that circle. Jinyoung grew up wealthy and a bit bratty, but the latter grew out of it as soon as Mark came winding up in his life and puts the spoiled young master in place. 
 
Youngjae grew up quite rich, but not as much like his best friend. But Youngjae was a bookworm, a nerd, a geek, whatever names that were invented for people who studies a lot and don't even step outside for more than five seconds; Youngjae was all of that. He was to himself most of the time, didn’t really bothered talking to anyone. He usually dressed in button ups with a sweater pulled over and some slacks. Youngjae was dull and boring. On the other hand, Jinyoung was fun and outgoing. They balanced each other out. 
 
They met through one of those business parties. Their parents are alliances with each other, so it didn’t took long for the boys to get along. Youngjae talks a lot more around Jinyoung. And Jinyoung, who’s always faked his friendly smile whenever interacting with others, opens up a lot more to Youngjae. It has always been just the two of them.
 
Until seventh grade came around, and she entered Youngjae’s life, stirring it up. And somehow managed to stirred up Jinyoung’s life, too, in the process. 
 
Her name is Bae Suzy.
 
Jinyoung hated her from the very first day they’ve met. 
 
But Youngjae doesn’t know that. 
 
All Youngjae knew was how much he loved her.