d e l t a

OPERATION: LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Damn it, Youngjae,” Jinyoung buried his face in his hands. “Why the didn’t I see this coming?” Sitting across from him, his best friend let out an exasperated sigh, obviously thinking that Jinyoung is overreacting. “How could you let it happen, is the better question. You, Choi Youngjae, of all people.” Jinyoung angrily stuffed his seaweed rice roll into his mouth. The two were having lunch together like always.
 
“Chill,” Youngjae said. “It’s not even serious.”
 
“You could do so much better than that.”
 
Youngjae shook his head in surrender. Jinyoung has been pissed off for no particular reason -according to Youngjae- after finding out about his Captain’s bold move up towards his best friend. It’s only right for him to be since he knows that his Youngjae is being taken advantage of. Jinyoung’s mouth is itching to just blurt out Jaebum’s mission to Youngjae. The Vice Captain frustratedly opened his lunch bag and pulled out a glass container. Youngjae eyed the object suspiciously. This isn’t a good sign.
 
“Oh my God,” Youngjae groaned after he sees what’s inside the container. “Jinyoung-hyung, please tell me you didn’t attempted to cook again.”
 
Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “Don’t hyung me, you brat. I’m not in a good mood, all right? Who would be when they found out that their arrogant Captain is now the boyfriend of their oblivious best friend.” 
 
“I wouldn’t call us boyfriends, if you will. I’m straight, remember?” Youngjae said matter-of-factly.
 
Jinyoung scoffed. This whole situation is ridiculous. He feels like he should just drop everything and fly over to wherever his loving husband is. Away from all this bull and bury his face in the crook of Mark’s neck. That would be so much nicer.   
 
“And since when are you this disapproved of me meeting someone? Jinyoung, I hope you still remember the fact that you threaten to saw off my legs if I didn't go out and find someone after I came back from the war, and you also promised that you’ll set me on so many blind dates.”
 
“That’s.. That’s different, okay?” Jinyoung frowned, disliking how easily Youngjae is taking it. “But whatever, I don’t want to talk about it anymore. You do whatever the hell you want for all I care.” Jinyoung sighed as he opened the lid of the container. The smell that escaped from it was a sweet aroma, forcing Youngjae to rethink about his best friend’s cooking skills. The doctor peered inside the container. The food, surprisingly, looked good. Youngjae looked up at Jinyoung and smiled. “Here, try this.” Jinyoung pushed the container over to Youngjae who accepted it excitedly. 
 
“Wow,” Youngjae grinned. “So being away from your Master Chef husband taught you how to properly cook?” 
 
“Shut up. It’s not my fault that Mark always insists that he’ll cook,” Jinyoung pout while suddenly missing the taste of Mark’s wonderful cooking on his tongue.
 
“That’s because you can’t cook for , sweetie.”
 
Jinyoung would be lying if he say he didn’t want to reach over and -slap that eating grin off of Youngjae’s face. “Could you just throw your mouth somewhere and eat?”
 
“Jinyoung, if I throw my mouth away, then how am I supposed to eat?” Youngjae ‘innocently’ titled his head. 
 
“I ing swear, Youngjae-“
 
Youngjae laughed, “Okay, okay, I’ll try this now.” 
 
Jinyoung sighed heavily as Youngjae’s laughter died down to a low chuckle. The doctor picked up his chopsticks and dug straight into Jinyoung’s kimchi with fried rice. The first taste was actually pretty good, judging from Youngjae’s widened eyes of admiration and continuous soft moans. Jinyoung smirked. He knew he did well.
 
“Congratulations. This is edible-“ Youngjae’s eyes started blinking rapidly as the doctor covered his mouth with one hand and throat with the other. “ing Christ! Jinyoung! What. The. Actual. . Oh my ing-“ Youngjae’s words was stopped by cough attacks. Jinyoung panicked as he watches his best friend frantically hitting his chest and coughing maniacally. 
 
“Here!” Jinyoung opened the cap of a water bottle and ed it in Youngjae’s face. Youngjae quickly took the bottle and jugged it all down in one go. His Adam’s apple bobbing up and down without pause. “I’m sorry…” Jinyoung softly apologized, looking utterly disappointed and defeated. 
 
Youngjae wiped his mouth with a napkin. “It’s okay. At least I’m still alive.” Youngjae exhaled intensively. He could have died, the doctor realized. “I think you should stick to Mark off, so Mark could stick to his permanent role in the kitchen.” Youngjae suggested quite insightfully. The comment only made Jinyoung slumped deeper into his seat. 
 
“I mean if I can him off, I’ll be doing it already,” Jinyoung sighed. “But you see, he’s not around, isn’t he.” 
 
Youngjae smiled at his best friend sympathetically, “It’s okay. I haven’t gotten laid in the past four years. You’ll do just fine.” 
 
“Easier said than done. Difference between us is that I’m married and you’re not. It’s not fair when you and your husband can’t even have because of distance.”
 
“Oh come on, you know it better than anyone that Mark always makes up for it whenever he returns,” Youngjae rolled his eyes, thinking about the times when Jinyoung would show up to their lunch with a sore bottom or a body caked entirely in the smell of that Youngjae had to force Jinyoung to take a shower in the shower room of the doctor’s office. Youngjae shuddered in horror at the thought. Of course they’re best friends, but Youngjae definitely do not find the pleasure in knowing about Jinyoung’s active life. 
 
Jinyoung smiled shyly. His cheeks flushed with crimson tints. Although mildly disgusted at the ual remembrances, Youngjae couldn’t help but smiled adoringly at his best friend. What or who makes Jinyoung happy, makes Youngjae happy as well. Plus, it’s cute to see someone who still blushes the way Jinyoung does whenever Mark is mentioned, even though those two had been married for some long time now. Youngjae remembers that one time Mark had said “I love you” to Jinyoung in front of Youngjae at a restaurant, which they were having dinner together, and for the rest of that evening, Jinyoung’s face literally couldn’t stop flushing like mad. 
 
“Awwweee~” Youngjae cooed. “Aren’t you such a cutie~” 
 
“Ugh, shut up,” Jinyoung bit his lower lip in embarrassment. “I can’t believe we were just roasting my cooking skills minutes ago and now we’re talking about my life.”
 
“Hey, conversations with your best friend escalate fairly quick. It’s normal.” Youngjae shrugged. 
 
Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “Why are we even friends-“
 
“Hey, there,” a voice interrupted the Vice Captain before he could finish his sentence. Jinyoung growled in distaste as soon as he recognized that voice. Youngjae looked up in surprise. “I was around the area, so I thought I’ll drop by.”
 
“No one needs you to, Jaebum,” Jinyoung scoffed. 
 
“Hey,” Youngjae chuckled softly. “Play nice.”
 
“Nice, my ,” Jinyoung rolled his eyes as Jaebum gracefully settled down on a chair next to Jinyoung’s.
 
“Control yourself,” Jaebum said. The Captain was dressed in his working attire: a black suit with a navy tie secured around his neck. His hair was gelled and pushed back, revealing his forehead and made his entire face brighter, more attractive.   “Or Markie wouldn’t like it.”
 
“Mark?” Youngjae tilted his head questionably. “You know Mark?” 
 
“Yeah,” Jaebum flashed a small smile at the doctor across from him. “He’s my best friend. We’ve known each other since pre-school.” 
 
“Back off,” Jinyoung growled. “Mark is mine. Don’t pull that stupid childhood card on me. Our love is stronger than yours.” 
 
“Woah, woah, woah,” Jaebum was surprised. He knows that Jinyoung is beyond pissed, but not this pissed to the point that Jinyoung possessively claims Mark as if Jaebum was going to take his husband away. Jinyoung knows better than anyone that Jaebum and Mark are like brothers and nothing more. “Jeez, Jinyoung. No one is pulling anything.” Which is ironic, coming out the mouth from someone like Jaebum. 
 
Youngjae darted his eyes back and forth between the agent and the other agent. Honestly, he doesn’t even know what’s going on with Jinyoung. His best friend never acted this impulsive before. Ever. Usually, Jinyoung is the calm one between the two. It’s always Jinyoung who handles everything professionally, on the other hand, Youngjae just appears as a professional. 
 
“Jinyoung, what is going on with you lately?” Youngjae reached out and places his hand on top of his best friend’s, his eyes soften in concern, “It’s everything all right?” The doctor watched as Jinyoung briefly glanced at Jaebum with hateful eyes. 
 
“No,” Jinyoung sighed. “I’m not fine.” 
 
“We’ll talk about it. I promise,” Youngjae’s lips cracked a small, assuring smile before he pulled his hand back.
 
Jaebum awkwardly interrupted their little moment by clearing his throat, “So… Um.. I.. Uh… Made something..” The Captain rummaged through the bag that he brought with him. After a few seconds, Jaebum pulled out a big, metallic container. He slid it across the table towards Youngjae. “For you,” Jaebum smiled. 
 
Youngjae stared at the box curiously, “With all due respect, but it’s not poisoned, right? Not like Jinyoung’s?” 
 
Jaebum let out a chuckle, “Trust me, I’ve tasted Jinyoung’s attempts before, and boy, am I glad that I always have a backup.”
 
“Excuse me, lovebirds,” Jinyoung rolled his eyes for probably the thousandth time today, “I’m still ing here.” The agent was tired of taking so much . He didn’t needed people to constantly roast him on his nonexistent cooking skills. Jinyoung’s feelings are lowkey hurting. Now, he misses Mark even more. Mark never puts Jinyoung down like this. Mark is always so gentle, so patient, with Jinyoung. 
 
Youngjae noticed Jinyoung’s uncomfortable face and sighed, “I still love you, baby.” Jinyoung looked up at Youngjae. “I always do, you know that.” Youngjae winked playfully. Jinyoung scoffed and crossed his arms, but he couldn’t hide that satisfying smile plastered on his face. 
 
“Wow,” Jaebum rolled his eyes, “Hashtag relationship goals.” 
 
“Shut up, Jaebum. You’re just mad ‘cause ain’t nobody is going to love your sorry .” 
 
“Jinyoung-“
 
“OKAY,” Younjae clapped his hands together, stopping the situation from escalating in this peaceful atmosphere of the hospital’s cafeteria. “Thank you, Jaebum-ssi. I appreciated.”
 
“Drop the honorifics. We’re dating, aren’t we,” Jaebum grinned.
 
“I wouldn’t necessarily say 'dating' since I didn’t actually agreed to anything,” Youngjae mumbled softly as he lifted the lid of the box, opening the much unexpected meal, “but whatever floats your little boat–Holy mother of God..” To say Youngjae was surprised was an understatement. 
 
In front of the doctor was a neatly arranged Korean style lunchbox with a variety of food. Youngjae scanned his eyes over the deliciously looking fried rice, green chili pepper pancakes, pan-fried meat and tofu patties, lobster seaweed rice rolls, and a couple slices of kimchi. The last time Youngjae seen homemade food looking this damn good was when he had went over to Jinyoung’s place for dinner. Mark was cooking, of course. 
 
Jaebum noticed something was missing. The agent knitted his eyebrows together for split second before letting out a soft “oh” and reached into his bag. Jaebum pulled out a small circular container. He twisted the cap open and carefully placed in front of Youngjae, next to the boxed lunch. Youngjae moved his eyes from the lunch to the new item. The doctor exhaled. Even the soup looked like something only angels would consume. 
 
Jinyoung didn’t even batted an eyelash. He knows what Jaebum was capable of, so the Vice Captain wasn’t even impressed. 
 
Youngjae picked up his chopsticks and happily picked up a rice roll and stuffed into his mouth. The roll melted gracefully on his tongue, causing Youngjae to excitedly try all the other dishes, including the soup. “Oh my God,” Youngjae groaned pleasantly. “Bless you.” 
 
Jaebum chuckled, “I see. I’ll take note that food is one of the things that can win you over.” Jinyoung scoffed. Jaebum is trying so ing hard, Jinyoung realized. 
 
“Where have you learn to obtain such skills?” Youngjae asked in amazement. 
 
“Mark and I used to be roommates back in our early college days,” Jaebum smiled. “He knows how to cook so he always cooked for us both. But then, Mark was getting ready to return the States for his studies, so he taught me how to cook. Mark said that I should at least know hoe since I'll be living by myself.
 
“Wow… Mark-hyung is such an amazing person,” Youngjae’s eyes shone in admiration for his best friend’s talented husband. “You’re so ing damn lucky, Jinyoung-ah.” 
 
Jinyoung smiled shyly. His Mark is the best.
 
“Yeah,” Jaebum smiled in nostalgia, “Mark is awesome. I miss him.”
 
“I miss him, too,” Jinyoung sighed. “So. ing. Much.” 
 
Youngjae hated Mark sometimes. He hates Mark for leaving Jinyoung in pain like this, but when he thought about it more, Mark is having a hard time without Jinyoung by his side, too. So, really, Youngjae couldn’t bring himself to hate Mark at all. 
 
“I mean I live by myself.. I can cook a couple of recipes, but it’s never this awfully ic,” Youngjae added a comment, attempting to revert the subject. 
 
Jaebum bursted out laughing at Youngjae’s choice of words. Youngjae just weirdly stared at Jaebum. The doctor patiently waited for the agent to calm down. 
 
“It’s okay,” Jaebum smiled softly and reached over to Youngjae, the agent’s hand lightly pushed some strands of hair out of the doctor’s face. “You’re with me now. I’ll take real good care of you.” 
 
Youngjae was taken back at the sudden affection. Jinyoung was also taken back because the look on Jaebum’s face was so serious and filled with caring that for a moment, Jinyoung thought it was real. 
 
“I-“ Youngjae started but was interrupted by the sound of quacking ducks that came from the deep pocket of his white doctor’s coat. Youngjae hastily retrieved his phone and turned off his alarm. “Sorry, that was my alarm. Time’s up.” 
 
Jaebum and Jinyoung both pouted in disappointment. But they can’t stop Youngjae from doing his job. Jinyoung bid his best friend goodbye and told him he’ll come by for lunch tomorrow. Jaebum got up and crossed over to Youngjae. 
 
Jaebum placed a soft peck on Youngjae’s cheek “Bye, Youngjae,” Jaebum said after he pulled away, his eyes gazed lovingly at his boyfriend. “Good luck.” The agent smiled. 
 
Jinyoung gripped tightly on the edge of his chair. It takes a hell lot of control for Jinyoung to not stand up and deliver a clean punch in Jaebum’s perfect little face.
 
“Oh.. Okay.. I.. Um.. Did not expected that at all..” Youngjae blinked rapidly. “Thank you.. Good luck to you, too.” The doctor was fighting if he should return Jaebum’s kiss with his but decided not to because a lot of his co-workers are present. Plus, it’ll be easier to explain that Jaebum was the one who made the move and not Youngjae, because Youngjae is straight; he doesn’t swing that way. 
 
“You’re so going to ing regret this bull, Im Jaebum,” Jinyoung said through gritted teeth after Youngjae was out of the two’s sight. 
 
“I’ll appreciate it if next time you wouldn’t make it so ing damn obvious that I got something to hide,” Jaebum hissed dominantly. 
 
Jinyoung stared at Jaebum in disbelief, “You’re sick. So ing sick.” And with that, Jaebum’s Vice stormed out of the hospital. 
 
Jaebum sighed heavily before grumpily follow Jinyoung’s footsteps. Jaebum is sick, because he don’t normally feel butterflies’ wings flapping in his stomach when he ing kissed a guy. A guy. Jaebum is straight. He isn’t bi or gay. He’s straight. And this whole thing is just a play up. None of this is real. 
 
Jaebum was just carrying out his mission. So, there’s no reason for him to feel anything. But he did. He felt something for Doctor Choi. Jaebum has been feeling it since the day he woke up from his surgery and the first thing Jaebum set his eyes on was the peaceful, gentle face of a sleeping doctor on an uncomfortable chair. Jaebum didn’t called Youngjae awake right away. He had waited for a bit to silently watched the doctor dozing off. It was so comforting and-
 
“. Maybe I am sick,” Jaebum had arrived at his car just six minutes ago. He was sitting there, inside his car, just running over his thoughts. Apparently, it didn’t make him feel any better. “I should have Youngjae check up on me. Maybe he’ll-,” Jaebum caught himself before any more of it comes out. Jaebum tried so hard to bury it in the depths of his mind. And he intends for it to be buried, since he wasn’t sure what was it in the first place. 
 
Sighing, again, Jaebum ignited the car’s engine and drove out of the parking garage of the hospital. He has work to do. 
 
“Get your together, Im Jaebum,” the agent whispered harshly to himself. “You’re stronger than this.”
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Mark took off his sunglasses and tucked them inside his coat’s pocket. He looked around him and exhaled tiredly. He’s currently standing at an airport. He looked up, above the crowded entrance, printed boldly and large: Incheon International Airport. Mark smirked. He’s home.
 
“Final-ing-ly,” the word rolled off of his expert tongue in fluent English. Mark took out his phone and texted Jackson. The CIS agent had to stay back for a couple more weeks before he gets to leave. Jackson made sure that Mark texted him when the Captain arrived in South Korea. It wasn’t even a minute that Mark’s phone began ringing after he sent the text.
 
Mark sighed and picked up the call, “You didn’t have to call.” 
 
“Doesn’t hurt to hear your voice,” Jackson scoffed over the line. “You’re home yet?” 
 
“Nope.”
 
“Oh, okay. Well, get home safely. Kiss your husband for me.”
 
“No, I won’t,” Mark chuckled. 
 
Mark could picture Jackson rolling his eyes, “Whatever. Gotta run now. See ya in a couple of weeks.” 
 
Mark didn’t get to say “bye” before Jackson abruptly hung up. The agent shrugged. He proceeded over to retrieve his luggages. Unfortunately, there was some technical difficulties, so the ramp agent assured Mark that his luggages will be delivered at his place. 
 
“Is this your home address, sir?”
 
“No,” Mark casually replied. “It’s my hotel.” 
 
And that was that. Mark catch a cab to his and Jinyoung’s home. Jinyoung had changed the lock, Mark realized after the first attempt of the passcode. He didn’t try the second time, knowing that Jinyoung probably set the alarm to go off after two fail attempts. The agent closed his eyes, deep in thoughts. He opened them after some seconds and hovered his fingertips over the number pad. 
 
“Good luck,” Mark told himself. He slowly punched in the code and patiently waited for some miracle to happen. With a soft click, the front door of the residence was unlocked. Mark bit back a satisfying smirk. He’s a genius; Jinyoung is a genius. Their original password was both of their birthdays scrambled together in no particular orders of numbers. Jinyoung had changed it into the combination of their wedding date, the day they first met, and Mark’s social security number. The numbers in respective orders. Jinyoung has a habit of changing things to something that reminds him of his beloved husband, especially when he misses Mark so much. 
 
Mark entered their home. It smelled sweet. And very familiar. It didn’t take long for Mark to recognize the fragrant came from the cologne that he always wear. Jinyoung literally masked the entire house in Mark’s scent. 
 
The house was kept neatly. Although Jinyoung can’t cook, he’s very good at cleaning. Mark smiled as he opened the fridge and instantly know that Jaebum has been cooking for Jinyoung for this year and a month that Mark couldn’t. He closed the fridge and headed upstairs to their bedroom. 
 
It didn’t surprise Mark to see his clothes thrown all over the place in their room. He knows Jinyoung wore his clothes to sleep. Jinyoung told Mark that he felt safer in Mark’s clothes whenever he sleeps alone. 
 
Mark went around the room, picking up the clothes and throwing them into the laundry basket that’s sitting in some corner of the huge master bathroom. He then opened up the doors that led him inside the huge room that of a fancy walk-in closet. Mark searched for a red suitcase and set it on the carpeted floor, lying it down on its back and ped it. Mark went over to his side of the closet and calmly took his clothes down from their hangers. He folds them neatly in his suitcase. So neat that all of his belongings fit in. He zips the suitcase up and wheeled it out of the closet that’s now only occupied with Jinyoung’s things.
 
Mark looked around some more and decided that he wouldn’t take anything else. The agent dragged the suitcase downstairs, out to the garage. He left his things there for a bit to go retrieve the keys to his car. He came back shortly after since he knows exactly where his husband kept them. Mark opened the trunk of his sparkly cleaned car; Jinyoung obviously took care of it really well. Mark placed his suitcase inside the trunk and slammed it shut. He opened up the garage door and drove out, heading to the bank. 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
It was a bliss that Jinyoung gets to go home early today. Normally, work hours would last until midnight; well, he is the Vice Captain of one of the five special units. But Jinyoung leaving early means that the Captain gets to leave early, too. Jinyoung sighed. Jaebum was lowkey rubbing it all over Jinyoung’s face that he’ll be picking up his boyfriend for dinner or some . 
 
Jinyoung felt so angry. He gripped tightly on the steering wheel. This is all not fair. Jinyoung couldn’t help but selfishly thinking that he deserved better than this. These past months have been hell. So much happened. 
 
Mark didn’t call him at all, as well as, not picking up any of his calls since last month. Jinyoung didn’t know what was going on. Despite hating Jaebum, Jinyoung had went to the hospital everyday of last month with the main reason is to ask Jaebum if Mark called. Jaebum, of course, replied with a “yeah, everyday” and it was enough for Jinyoung to want to breakdown in front of his Captain. Jaebum, obviously, sensed something’s wrong and asked Jinyoung, to which the Vice Captain just bitterly shook his head, feeling his heart being ripped apart. 
 
Last month marks one year. Mark was gone for a year. Now, a year and one month. Thirteen months. It’s driving Jinyoung over the edge. He’s already handling so much bull all at once. He didn’t need Mark to give him some, too. Jinyoung just wanted Mark to come home and love him properly. He didn’t want Mark to ignore his calls. 
 
Jinyoung knows it’s only been a month without actual contact, but this has never happened before. They always talked to each other. Doesn’t matter who called first or how late it was or how busy they are, they always make time for each other even if it’s for only a minute. So the sudden lost of calling and talking for the last thirty or so days is creating a demon within Jinyoung. He’s going mad. 
 
“ it all,” Jinyoung cursed as he slammed hard on the brakes. His car came to a halted stop on the side of the street. He felt the urge to cry. To scream out on the top of his lungs. To let it all out until he’s feeling better again. “Why is it happening only to me? ing .”
 
Jinyoung sat there in his seat for awhile before he collected himself. He gear shifted and continued driving. After ten minutes, Jinyoung turned into the parking of the city’s largest bank. He turned off his engine and took out his keys. The Vice Captain looked like a wreck. His blazer was no longer hugging his firm body but now thrown carelessly on the passenger seat. His navy tie was loosened messily around his neck. The first two buttons of his white dress shirt was undone, exposing his slender collarbones and a glimpse of his pale chest. His hair isn’t gelled and styled anymore; it looked as if a bird had made a nest of out it. 
 
Jiyoung got out of his car and shut its door. He stood there and glanced over his reflection on the tinted door’s window. He sighed as he untuck his shirt and rolled up its long sleeves to his elbows. After locking his car with a key fob, Jinyoung made his way to the entrance of the bank. 
 
He was filling out information for a money deposit when a familiar scent clouded his vision. Jinyoung immediately whipped his head around. However, he didn’t find anything worth looking for, so he shrugged it off as an imagination. 
 
Jinyoung was tired anyways. He’s probably just smelling or making up things now that he’s gone out of his mind. 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Walking into the bank, one of the first thing Mark noticed was the backside of a lean man. It took all the ing control that Mark have to not run over there and wrapped his arms around that body, pressing that back against his chest. Mark wasn’t expecting or planning on meeting Jinyoung like this. 
 
“M-Mark?” A voice called out to him as soon as he was done withdrawing couple of hundred grands from his account. It didn’t take an idiot to know that only Jinyoung could cause such effect on Mark just by calling his name. But Mark didn’t stop, he walked out of the bank and waited. He knows Jinyoung would follow. 
 
“What are you-“ Jinyoung started. Both of them are now at the parking garage of the building. “When did you…. Mark, why haven’t you answered my calls?” 
 
The silence was uncomfortable. Jinyoung was too tired to be patient. 
 
“Hey, answer me,” Jinyoung demanded. “Say something. What’s wrong, Mark?”
 
It was this question that had Mark turning around to face his husband. Jinyoung looked horrible–like he hasn’t slept in days and only been living on nothing but water bottles– but Mark decided a long time ago that Jinyoung will always look beautiful in his eyes. 
 
Jinyoung stared at Mark. He couldn’t believe that his husband is standing in front of him right now. He finally gets to see Mark physically. Jinyoung feels weak in the knees. He feels like he’ll faint. Mark is a ing god. Jinyoung felt breathless just from staring. 
 
“Mark, if you could please just answer-“
 
“Everything’s wrong,” Mark interrupted. “I can’t– we can’t..”
 
“Can’t what? What are you talking about?” 
 
“Jinyoung..”
 
“Can’t what Mark?!” Jinyoung’s voice instinctively raised; he’s desperate.
 
“I’m sorry,” Mark lowered his head. “I’m sorry. I really am.” 
 
What are you sorry for? Sorry for not coming back in a long time or sorry for ignoring my ing calls?! Do you know how worried I was??” 
 
“I’m sorry for everything in the past that I’ve done wrong or you didn’t like, and I’m sorry for what I’m about to do.” 
 
“This.. This isn’t funny, Mark,” Jinyoung could clearly hear his voice cracked pitifully. “I don’t like this… Mark, what are you saying..” 
 
Mark felt the guilt creeping up on him, whispering dirty secrets to his ears; Jinyoung is going to cry, and Mark will be the reason behind his tears. 
 
“I don’t want this anymore,” Mark lifted his head up and bored his heartless eyes into Jinyoung’s glassy ones. Jinyoung held his breath. This is actually happening. “I’m sorry, but I had to do it. It’s the best for both of us.” 
 
“Mark.. No.. Mark, please, don’t-“ 
 
“I’ve already packed all my stuff,” Mark said, eyes still steadily burning holes into Jinyoung’s. “The papers will come in three days. I’ve already signed it.”
 
“Oh my God… Mark, you’re not serious, are you..?” Jinyoung feels like dying, like someone is stabbing him in areas that will keep him squirming in pain for a long time before he bleeds to death. “Mark, baby, I love you. Don’t you love me, too?” 
 
“Goodbye, Jinyoung,” Mark said before turning around and walked away.
 
“Mark.. No, come back,” Jinyoung pleaded desperately, tears already forming at the corners of his exhausted eyes. “Please, Mark. Don’t do this, okay? W-we can talk about this. Mark, just p-please come back. Mark, I love you. Y-you can’t do this to me! Not like this, Mark.. Not like this..” Jinyoung’s legs gave out and he slumped to his knees helplessly on the cold cement. He buried his face into his hands, his sobs echoed throughout the empty space.
 
Mark was long gone.