i n d i a

OPERATION: LOVE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Youngjae?” 
 
The said male whipped his head towards the direction of a familiar voice. 
 
“Mark,” Youngjae muttered, relief washes over his face as the agent approaches. 
 
“Oh, Captain Tuan,” the receptionist stood up and bowed politely.
 
Mark nodded in response and calmly asked, “What seems to be the problem?”
 
“Well, this person doesn’t have an appointment, yet he still asks to see Captain-"
 
“Jaebum,” Mark interrupted knowingly, “I know.” The Captain turned to Doctor Choi and flashes a smile before turning back to the lady. “You must be our new receptionist,” Mark addressed.
 
“Um, uh, yes, sir, I’ve just started last month,” she nervously replied. 
 
“How have you liking it?” Mark smiled.
 
“It’s great, sir.” 
 
“Peachy. Well, if you haven’t know, this person is Vice Captain Park's best friend, so remember his face and let him pass through without a problem next time, yeah?” 
 
“But, sir, isn’t that-“
 
“Don’t worry, everybody here knows who Doctor Choi is,” Mark winked. “He’s a bit of a popular doctor, you see.” 
 
Youngjae cleared his throat awkwardly. Seriously, this whole ‘popular' thing needs to stop.
 
“All right, sir,” the receptionist shifts uncomfortably on her heels. “Sir, you’ve said just a moment ago about Vice Captain Park, sir?” 
 
Mark tilted his head, “Yeah? What about him?” 
 
“Did you mean Vice Captain Park Jinyoung, sir?” 
 
“Yes, I did,” Mark slowly nodded, wondering what’s all this is about,”Is there seems to be another problem?” 
 
“N-no, sir, I just, if-if you don’t mind me asking this…”
 
“No, I don’t mind. What is it?” 
 
The reception lady bit her lower lip and lowered her head shyly like she was caught passing a love letter to her crush, “I don’t want to be rude or weird or anything, but is Vice Captain Park, perhaps, still available?” She looked up timidly at Mark. 
 
The first thing Mark did was painful bit his lower lip so he wouldn’t burst out laughing in front of a shy lady who’s harboring a crush for his beloved husband. That would be quite rude. 
 
“Well, I’m not sure, you know, that’s his private life,” Mark ended up saying, thought he could a bit because he’s an and he knows it. Youngjae, on the other hand, rolled his eyes; the doctor was so done with his, technically, brother-in-law’s . But he didn’t say anything. At least not yet. 
 
“Oh-oh o-okay, um, thank you, sir.” She shyly bowed.
 
Mark grinned as he noticed the slight hope in her innocent eyes, “But you know, if you’re really interested, I could get you a date.” 
 
Youngjae was so shocked at how fast she spun around and latched herself against the large reception counter. 
 
“YES!” She almost shouted, but quickly covered in horror. “I’m-I’m sorry…”
 
“It’s okay,” Mark chuckled amusingly. “I guess you’re really interested then.” 
 
“Ye-yes, sir, I am, in fact, very interested, so, um, if you could give me his number-“
 
This is where Youngjae steps in. 
 
“That won’t be necessary,” Youngjae said. Both pairs of eyes are on him. Youngjae glanced at Mark and then at the receptionist, “He can’t give it to you without my permission anyways.”
 
“W-what do you mean, Doctor Choi?” 
 
“Tell me his name, and I’ll directly give you his number, his social medias, and home address,” Youngjae smirked. 
 
The corner of Mark’s lips tugged upwards. The agent realized Youngjae has been spending quite a lot of time near Jaebum. 
 
The lady smiled confidently. Surely, she knows her crush’s name, right? Like come on, whose here doesn’t know the capable Vice Captain Park. She exhaled softly, tilted her chin upwards and said, “Park Jinyoung is his name.” 
 
A silence passed by. 
 
Close,” Youngjae cockily shrugged his shoulders, “But wrong. Sorry.”
 
“Wh-what?” She gaped at the doctor. “I-I don’t understand??” 
 
“You forgot one name, Tuan,” Youngjae smiled sweetly. “His full name is Park-Tuan Jinyoung.”
 
The bewildered look on the poor receptionist’s face finally broke Mark. The agent couldn’t hold it in anymore so he bursted out laughing. Then he tried to stifled his laughter behind his hand. Youngjae looked so proud of himself. 
 
“T-Tuan? As in…” She looked over at the ridiculously gorgeous E.C.I. Captain who looked like he’ll die from laughing so hard. “Oh, my God! I’m-I’m…” 
 
“No, it’s okay, really,” Mark slowly regained his composure and smiled widely, “This happens a lot. It’s really all right; I don’t mind since I know how attractive and gentleman my Jinyoungie is.” 
 
“How come I wasn’t in-informed this-this important information…” She quickly looked away, her face red with embarrassment. “I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to, and-and you’ve said you don’t know about his private life, so I-“
 
“It’s fine, really, Youngjae here just turns a bit devilish,” Mark winked at the doctor. “I have no idea who he picked that up from. Definitely not from me or Jinyoungie.” 
 
“So, sir, then you must be…”
 
“Yeah, I’m Tuan-Park,” Mark nodded whilst smiling blindly at the lady. “We decided to trade each other's last names instead of changing it into one name.” 
 
“O-oh,” she looked down at the floor again, probably scolding herself for being stupid.
 
“I told you, it’s okay,” Mark assured. “Anyways, we got to get going now, I’ll see you around. And welcome to K.N.S.S.” 
 
“Ha-have a great day, sir,” the receptionist bowed respectfully, still screaming quietly at herself for being so reckless.
 
Youngjae pursed his lips and slightly bowed before following Mark into the elevator. 
 
“Job well done, Doctor,” Mark commented as the elevator’s doors slide closed. 
 
“I’m sick of your bull, Mark,” Youngjae rolled his eyes. 
 
The agent laughed. Youngjae glared. 
 
“Okay, okay, okay, I’m done,” Mark puts his hands up in ‘surrender’, teeth biting down on his plump lip, suppressing another laugh attack.
 
Youngjae scoffed and looked away, totally unamused. The rest of the ride was settled by a comfortable silence. 
 
The elevator dings on the seventh floor, doors sliding open. Both of them stepped out. 
 
So, visiting your boyfriend at work? That’s cute.”
 
“Shut up,” Youngjae groaned. “It’s nothing like that.” 
 
“You know,” Mark said softly, “He’ll be very surprised to see you.”
 
Youngjae knew it. Of course Mark would know. Mark always knows everything. But the doctor didn’t ruled out the fact that Mark is best friends with Jaebum. Best friends tell each other every . At least.
 
“He’ll like it, though,” Mark added.
 
“What?” Youngjae looked suspiciously at his best friend’s husband. 
 
“He’ll like that you’re here, I mean,” Mark clarified. “Good luck.” The Captain stopped in front of a set of double doors. Youngjae realized that Mark had walked him to Jaebum’s office. 
 
Youngjae looked over to Mark thoughtfully, “Thank you, Mark-hyung.”
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Jaebum was scanning through a bunch of classified folders regarding a certain war overseas that involved a certain important person, when he heard a knock on his door. The agent glanced up from his work impatiently. Who could possibly be bothering him now
 
“Um, Jaebum… ?” 
 
Every nerves jolted awake as the agent hastily dropped the folder he was holding and bolted for the door. He eagerly jerked it open, revealing a very very very tired-looking Choi Youngjae.
 
“Young-Youngjae,” Jaebum greeted the doctor, “Hey, wow, I didn’t- what are you doing here? Come, come on in.” 
 
Jaebum stepped aside for Youngjae. The doctor promptly smiled as he walks in. 
 
“Have a seat,” Jaebum said as he waved his arms towards the leather couches. Youngjae nodded and proceed to sit down. Jaebum sat across from the doctor as the agent reached over to the jug of iced lemonade, which he received from Mark some moments ago suspiciously prior to this meeting. “To what did I owe this honor?”
 
Jaebum poured his boyfriend a glass of iced lemonade and leaned back in his seat a little. He didn’t think Youngjae would show up. At least not this early. Jaebum was certain that what happened last night would bridge some awkwardness in their relationship. The agent was certain that the doctor would prefer to be left alone for awhile. 
 
So it was very shocking to see Youngjae personally came knocking on Jaebum’s doors. But Jaebum wouldn’t deny how much he’s liking the progress. 
 
“Um, well,” Youngjae mumbled, avoiding Jaebum’s eyes, as he reached over to the bag next to him. Jaebum raised his eyebrow as he eyed the bad that goes unnoticed, since he was too focus on pointing out how sleep deprived Youngjae looked. The doctor placed the bag on the table and pushed it across to Jaebum. “You left your jacket.” 
 
Jaebum blinked a couple of times, then realization hits him, “Oh! Right, my jacket. I didn’t even remember I wore one… Sorry, I left a bit fast, so I must have forgotten it.” Jaebum smiled awkwardly. “I- thank you, Youngjae.” 
 
“No problem,” Youngjae returned that awkward smile with another awkward one of his own. 
 
The room suddenly drowned in a weird gulp of silence. Youngjae’s eyes refused to meet with Jaebum’s; the doctor’s brown orbs constantly darting all over the room, desperate to look at something that’s not the agent’s charming face. Jaebum knows he’s staring at Youngjae. The more he laid his eyes on the doctor, the more he’s tempted to reach over and pull that frail body against his protective one. 
 
“Have you had lunch?” Jaebum tried to break the ice.
 
“H-huh?” Youngjae turned his attention to the man in front of him. 
 
Finally,” Jaebum smirked. 
 
“What?” 
 
“You finally looked at me,” Jaebum said, voice soft and teasing. Youngjae lowered his gaze and turned away, finding something else to look at. Jaebum took that as his cue, “If you skipped lunch and nap time to drive all the way up here to see me, it’ll only be fair if I take you out for lunch.”
 
“You must have a lot of money to spend. We eat dinner together quite often, and now you’re suggesting lunch, too?” The doctor sighed quietly. 
 
“I’ll give up anything if that means I get to see you happily enjoying food,” Jaebum beamed. “I like pleasing you.” 
 
“How could you say something like that with a straight face…” Youngjae bit his lower lip, obviously experiencing secondhand embarrassment. His cheeks are probably as red as that tomato he had for breakfast this morning. Jaebum couldn’t help but smile at the sight. The agent was back to his confident and shameless self. 
 
“Come on, let’s go,” Jaebum stood up. Youngjae found himself standing up as well. “ I don’t know about you, but I’m starving!” 
 
“I guess,” Youngjae muttered under his breath.
 
Jaebum smiled genuinely, “Maybe not being able to kiss you wouldn’t be that bad.” 
 
“W-what?” 
 
“It’s okay,” Jaebum said, “I don’t mind waiting.” 
 
And with that, the agent leaned over and kissed the doctor’s cheek -their usual ‘goodbyes’ except this time was out of the need to quickly kiss Youngjae. 
 
Youngjae bit his trembling bottom lip, already blushing. Jaebum pulled away and gently wrapped his hand around Youngjae's, locking their fingers together, and led themselves out of Jaebum’s office. 
 
It was the first time they held hands.
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
“What do you want me to do, sir?” 
 
“Follow them closely and make sure to report everything to me.”
 
“Yes, sir. Is there anything else?”
 
“No, that’s all for now. I’ll decide more later. Right now, just do your job.”
 
“Yes, sir.”
 
“Also, keep this quiet. Chief-Commander Park cannot find out about this, do I make myself clear?” 
 
“Yes, sir.”
 
“Good.”
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Lunch was not as chatty as Youngjae had expected. He looked over, across from him, Jaebum was enjoying his meal peacefully. Sometimes Jaebum would look up, and their eyes would meet. The agent always answered with a kind smile. It makes Youngjae wonders. What was so different about this time than last time? Jaebum has been smiling a lot more, Youngjae noted. Instead of shamelessly flirting, Jaebum has been extra gentle and a bit too quiet. It wasn’t something Youngjae was used to. The sudden change of personality sort of made the doctor took a step back. However, Youngjae wasn’t complaining; he prefers a softer and sweeter Jaebum anyways. 
 
“What’s wrong?” The agent’s soothing voice interrupted Youngjae’s midday daydream. “Is the food not good?” Jaebum’s eyebrows knitted together as a shown of concern. 
 
“N-no,” Youngjae quickly snapped back to reality, “It’s good!” 
 
Jaebum didn’t looked a bit convinced, but the agent didn’t want to press on the topic. So he just lets it go. 
 
“Really, the food is great,” Youngjae reassured after seeing the look of a discouraged little child painted over Jaebum’s flawless facial features. “Don’t look at me like that.”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Like you’re hopeless,” Youngjae sighed, gently putting his utensils down, “It makes me want to wrap you up in a cozy blanket and cuddle you until you feel better.” Youngjae tried. Just maybe he could lighten up this mellow mood. There has to be something that Youngjae is good at. 
 
Jaebum was silent for awhile. He opened his mouth as if wanting to say something but then closed them before any important words could escaped. Youngjae tilted his head, questioning Jaebum’s unusual hesitance. 
 
“Is everything okay?” Youngjae asked. “Are we okay?”
 
“Yes,” Jaebum quickly answered without missing a beat, “We’re definitely okay.” 
 
Youngjae pursed his lips. Suddenly, the doctor lost his appetite. He needs to get it off his chest. “Jaebum, about last night,” Youngjae began, slightly nervous. “I’m really sor-“
 
“No. Don’t be. You don’t have to apologize for anything, Youngjae-ah,” Jaebum cuts in.
 
“But-“
 
“It’s partially my fault. You didn’t want it, and I sort of forced you into it. And I shouldn’t have done that. If anyone’s sorry here, it would be me,” Jaebum bit his bottom lip. “I’m sorry.” 
 
Silence enveloped the two. Jaebum looked so serious, and Youngjae honestly didn’t know how to respond. Youngjae honestly doesn’t know what to feel. 
 
“I…”
 
“Youngjae, you don’t have to say anything about this if you don’t want to. I don’t want you to force yourself to talk about this. We can both just forget it like it never happened-“
 
“I just want you to know that I wasn’t ready, so if you could give me more time… I… There’s just a lot of things that needed to be settled…” Youngjae said, his voice wavered.
 
“Of course,” Jaebum smiled, “I did said that I don’t mind waiting. I know you’ll come around.” 
 
“Yeah… I’m sorry,” Youngjae bitterly apologized, not sure if it’s appropriate. But he needed to say that or else he’ll lie awake at night with a stomach full of guilt. 
 
Jaebum boldly reached over and placed his hand on top of Youngjae’s. His thumb the doctor’s soft hand tenderly; he’s afraid that too much pressure will scared Youngjae away. And that’s the last thing Jaebum wants. “It’s all right. It’s understandable. I don’t blame you. Take all the time you need. I’ll be here, patiently waiting for you no matter how long it’ll take. But if you’re scared of getting hurt again, I want you to know that I could never hurt you.” 
 
Youngjae stared at their touching hands. Then back up at Jaebum’s sparkling soft eyes. The doctor let go of a breath that he didn’t know he was holding. He realized there has been an awfully lots of physical contact today. 
 
“Youngjae? Do you trust me?” Jaebum lightly squeezed Youngjae’s hand. 
 
“I-I don’t know,” Youngjae tore his gaze away from the man in front of him and started taken interest in the boring, yet elegant, pattern scribed on the walls over Jaebum’s reliable shoulders. 
 
Another quick squeeze to Youngjae’s hand and he knew Jaebum wanted him to divert his attention back on the agent.                                                                                                       
 
“I know this whole thing is new to you,” Jaebum said after making sure Youngjae’s eyes were strained on his once again. “Being with a man and all. It is to me, too. But I want to make this work. I want to-“
 
“Jaebum, you know, it’s totally okay if you’re not interested anymore. We could just stop things right here before-“
 
“No! What are you saying? I don’t want to break up!” Jaebum protested quickly, his face looking more hurt than Youngjae had ever witnessed. Youngjae swallowed nervously and slowly swiped his tongue timidly over his lips, trying to hydrated it before it starts cracking and bleed. 
 
“Youngjae,” Jaebum called. The agent’s voice was dangerously low, as in a dominating manner, but at the same time, very emotional like the doctor’s name is the only name he remembers after an amnesia. 
 
Youngjae watches carefully as Jaebum’s other hand reached over and finds its place on top of Youngjae’s free one. Youngjae watches as Jaebum lovingly massages his small hands. Youngjae watches as Jaebum stopped fondling with his hands and brought them up to the agent’s soft lips. Youngjae watches and feels as Jaebum kissed his hands while the agent’s eyes were fluttering close. It was very intimate. But the expression Jaebum harbors was that of pure content, and if Youngjae wasn’t as shock like he was at the moment, he swears he saw the feathers of angelic wings falling gracefully behind Im Jaebum. 
 
“I'm in love with you.”
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Ignoring the protest of the receptionist, Jackson whipped out his badge and shoved it in her face for about five seconds and folded it back into the inside pocket of his nicely ironed black blazer. After that, Jackson promptly nodded at the reception lady and quickly, yet excitedly, fast walked to the elevators, once again ignoring her complaints. She’ll probably calls the higher-ups and gets yelled at for not doing her research. Whatever. It wasn’t Jackson’s concern. 
 
Reaching the seventh floor, the CIA agent could not contain his excitement. He has so much to tell his good friend, Mark. 
 
“MY MAN, MARK! YO BUDDY IS HERE!” Jackson shouted, eagerly pushing the doors of Mark’s office open. “Hey, did you hear- Oh. My. God.” Jackson halted all his movements as he stood by the doors, completely shook. The sight before him was scandalous. 
 
A very very very pretty man was positioned perfectly on Mark’s lap as he has his lips latched on Mark’s slender, milky white neck. Mark’s tie was loosen and a couple of his buttons were undone. The same attire applied to the man who’s sitting comfortably on Mark’s lap, except the guy’s suit jacket and tie were discarded somewhere on the floor, Jackson assumed. 
 
They were in a heated make out session, Jackson could only assumed, didn’t dared to think what else could the session would have escalated to if he hasn't barged in. Upon the noise of Jackson's 'grand entrance,' the pretty man removed himself from Mark on instinct in the speed of light. The male was flustered and shocked; he quickly scrambled around, searching for the articles of his abandoned clothes. 
 
“Goddamnit, Jackson,” Mark annoyingly groaned and covered his face with his hand, “There’s a ing door for a reason! Next time, use the great invention of knocking, please.”
 
“I don’t know how to deal with this situation, man,” Jackson coughed awkwardly. “Should I do the right thing and tell your husband that you’re cheating on him? Or should I just pretend that I’ve saw nothing and let your family handle y’all own business. Either way, Mark, your Jinyoungie isn’t going to be a very happy husband.” Jackson crossed his arms in front of his chest, obviously disappointed in his friend. 
 
“Um,” the pretty man cleared his throat after he finished buttoning up his shirt and slipping on his blazer. “I am his Jinyoungie…” 
 
Jackson’s mouth formed a surprised ‘O’ as his eyes moved between Mark and Jinyoung. “Oh, my God. So you’re the Jinyoung that Mark literally cannot shut up about.” Jinyoung blushed at the recognition. Jackson’s disappointment morphed into excitement. “HEY! I’m Jackson Wang. Mark’s good CIA friend in America! And Vice Captain of E.C.I.” 
 
“Hello, I’m-“
 
“Park-Tuan Jinyoung! I KNOW! OH, MY GOD! This is so exciting! I finally get to meet you!” 
 
Mark pinched his nose bridge tiredly, “Lower your volume, please, Jackson. You’re giving me a headache.” 
 
“Shut up, Mark. You’re husband is ing cute!” Jackson squealed. 
 
Jinyoung shyly scratched his nape and stole a glance at Mark, telepathically begging his husband to help him out here. Mark returned the gesture with a smirk. Jinyoung hates his life.
 
“I know, right?” Mark bit his bottom lip as he admires his, now very awkward, husband. “He’s beautiful and so perfect.” 
 
“C-can you guys stop it…” Jinyoung pout, denying the fact that he likes the compliments, especially from Mark. 
 
Mark chuckled as he stood up from his seat. The E.C.I. Captain picked up Jinyoung’s tie. Jackson watched adoringly as Mark expertly tied Jinyoung’s tie in record time. Jackson couldn’t stop secretly fanboying at how cute Jinyoung looked with a red face while looking down at his foreigner husband. God, they’re so ing in love that I just wanna try falling in love all over again. 
 
“All right, since Youngjae went to have lunch with Jaebum,” Mark smoothed out Jinyoung’s shirt’s collar, “You don’t mind if I replace your doctor friend for today?”
 
“As much as I appreciate Youngjae,” Jinyoung smiled and leaned in, giving Mark a sweet kiss on the Captain’s cheek, “I’ll never mind doing anything with you, babe.” 
 
“Okay. See you later, sweetheart.” 
 
Jinyoung nodded and his heels, making his way to the doors. Passing by Jackson, the agent bid “goodbye” to Jackson with a friendly smile and curt nod. 
 
“Bye!” Jackson called out excitedly. “Dude! I’m so happy for you. Like how the hell did you managed to find someone like him?” 
 
Mark quirked an eyebrow, “What does that even mean…”
 
“I mean I know you’re a total charmer, like your Jaebummie, but damn, you’re lucky, bro,” Jackson commented as he plopped down on a chair. 
 
“I know,” Mark smiled. “I don’t need you to remind me how ing damn lucky I am.” 
 
Jackson grinned, “I love you all so much!” 
 
“Okay,” clapping his hands together, Mark pursed his lips. “Since you were so nice to interrupt our lovey-dovey time, I’ll personally welcome you to South Korea.” Mark rolled his eyes. “Welcome, .” 
 
“Love ya, too,” Jackson shrugged, completely used to Mark’s hostility. “Anyways, before we happily celebrate my welcome party, I came with informations.” 
 
Mark leaned forward in his chair, hands clasped on top of his big desk, “So?” 
 
“I’ve looked into what you asked,” in English, Jackson began feeding Mark with classified informations. “Apparently, Choi Youngjae is linked to a very dangerous and huge corporations of mafias and warlords of the black markets. While doing his volunteered time overseas, he was captured by the largest organization of criminals in the midst of the war. He was held hostage for about eight months, and during those months, no one knows what happened. However, it is believed that Youngjae knows a lot more than he supposed to. So he’s now a target.”
 
“That doesn’t make sense,” Mark’s eyes shifted from neutral to tints of angry red. “Why would the Authorities want to kill him then? Shouldn't they keep him under Witness Protection? Why ordered Jaebum? Why the sudden change in orders when they clearly trusted Jaebum to carry out his mission perfectly? Why pushing for kill instead of interrogations… Why now? Why waited until now? They could have approached Youngjae the moment he step his foot back in South Korea. So why choose now to approach him… Why choose now to kill him…”
 
“Unless…” Jackson leaned forward; his eyes hard and serious. 
 
Mark looked over at his Vice Captain, matching the same look in the eyes, “Unless there’s a spy.” 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Jaebum paced back and forth in front of the restaurant. He felt so stupid for blurting out like that. Even the agent, himself, was beyond baffled at his sudden confession. Jaebum didn’t meant for that to slip. And did he really felt that way? How come he didn’t know? How come he didn’t know that’s he fallen head-over-heels for Youngjae? Since when? Jaebum’s mind was running a hundred mile a minute trying to figure out answers. 
 
The agent is still waiting for Youngjae to come out. After that very brave and stupid confession, Youngjae had politely excused himself and said that he’ll meet Jaebum out in the front. 
 
It’s been a little over twelve minutes since then, and Jaebum can feel his anxiety painfully getting ready to attack him. He’s not about to have a breathing problem right out in the open like this. But it is getting a bit hard to control his breathing and the maniac pumping of blood to his heart. 
 
Jaebum closed his eyes and exhaled slowly, trying his best to calm himself down. Inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled. Exhaled. In-
 
The loud vibration of the agent’s phone rang in his ears. Sighing loudly in relief, Jaebum took out his phone whilst didn’t bother looking at the caller ID. 
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hello, sir?” A female voice greeted through the line.
 
Immediately recognized who the voice belonged to, Jaebum felt a light smile on his lips, “You’re back?” 
 
“Yes, sir. I just got back, in fact, I’m currently on my way to get lunch right now.”
 
“How was it?”
 
“Quite intriguing,” she replied, “However, three months was a very long time given for a simple mission like that. How are you, sir? When I left, you were…”
 
“I’m fine. It’s been months, and I’ve fully recovered. I’m glad you've done well. There’s a reason Jinyoung signed you in as my replacement for that mission,” Jaebum praised. “You’re one of the team’s best. And a badass sniper on top of that. You’ve done a great job, Suzy. Thank you.” 
 
“Oh, no, no, no, sir. I’ve just did what I was told,” Suzy softly said. “I’m glad you’re all right, sir. Everyone was so worry that night.” 
 
“I know,” Jaebum saw a familiar figure approaching the glass doors from the inside of the restaurant, “Oh, I have to go, now. Have your report dropped by my office tomorrow. You go and enjoy the rest of your day off.” 
 
“Yes, sir. Have a good day, sir.” 
 
Hanging up, Jaebum waved to Youngjae. The doctor saw and made his way towards the agent. Jaebum mentally prepared himself. 
 
“Hey,” Jaebum lamely greeted like it’s the first time they’ve seen each other today. 
 
“H-hey,” Youngjae awkwardly smiled. 
 
It was obvious that the both of them felt the tension building up. Youngjae refused to look anywhere at Jaebum. And Jaebum refused to look anywhere but Youngjae. 
 
It was a calm before a storm. 
 
Jaebum saw it. He saw the horrific change in Youngjae’s beautiful eyes. He saw the way Youngjae’s jaw clenched tightly. He saw Youngjae’s eyebrows knitted furiously. He saw Youngjae’s lips trembled in a way which Jaebum can’t seems to read. He saw it. Jaebum followed the line of Youngjae’s sight. 
 
And then he saw her
 
Jaebum looked back at Youngjae. He saw Youngjae’s previous contemptuous face melted into something completely different. He saw the soft and longing, yet painful, look in Youngjae’s eyes. And Jaebum knew.
 
No.
 
Jaebum wants to reach out.
 
No.
 
And grabs Youngjae.
 
No.
 
And drags Youngjae away from this place. 
 
No. 
 
And wraps Youngjae in his secured arms. 
 
Stop it.
 
And repeatedly tells Youngjae how much he loves him. 
 
Don’t. 
 
And tells Youngjae that he’s never felt this way with anyone before.
 
Youngjae.
 
And maybe rains Youngjae’s face with kisses. 
 
He’s mine. 
 
Jaebum stood there. The agent’s control was slipping. Everything was slipping away. And he hates it. No. No. No. No. Stop it. Don’t go near him. Youngjae is mine. He’s mine. Don’t steal him away from me. HE’S MINE! 
 
Jaebum finally moved, “Youngjae-“
 
But Youngjae was faster. The doctor staggered helplessly towards her. His eyes started to feel watery. Memories hit him like a train wreck. He couldn’t even believe his own eyes. He couldn’t even starting to believe that he’ll ever see her again. And now there she is, right in front of him. 
 
“Su-Suzy…?”