j u l i e t

OPERATION: LOVE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mark was humming to the theme of Game of Thrones while diligently scrubbing the dishes when Jinyoung’s piano tune ringtone of a song called “Mayday” loudly overlapped the humming. Mark waited for a few seconds, thinking Jinyoung was nearby to pick up the call, but he remembered his husband had retreated back upstairs to clean out the boxes after their dinner. 
 
“Jinyoungie! Baby, someone’s calling you!” Mark shouted, hoping Jinyoung could somehow hear that. As much as Mark wanted to pick up the call for his husband, he can’t; his hands were soaked in dishwasher soap and probably many more dirty substances. “JINYOUNGIE!” 
 
The pads of Jinyoung’s feet hitting the staircase’s wooden structure made loud thuds that resonated throughout the house. “Sorry, honey. I heard you, but the boxes were blocking my way,” Jinyoung reasoned on his way down. He stopped by the kitchen and quickly stole a kiss from Mark’s lips before grabbing his still ringing phone and jogged back up the stairs. 
 
A few minutes later, the clatters and crashes of boxes can be heard from the kitchen, where Mark is now drying the clean dishes on the dish rack. The coffee haired male raised an eyebrow. He silently counted down. 
 
Four.
 
Three.
 
Two.
 
One.
 
And here we go.
 
“Markie~” Jinyoung appeared behind Mark and wrapped his arms around the older male’s smaller body. Jinyoung rested his chin on top of Mark’s right shoulder, face sulking and lips pouting, obviously upset. 
 
“What’s wrong, babe?” Mark asked without looking over at his husband. “Who was it?” Mark continued drying the dishes calmly as Jinyoung back-hugged him even tighter.
 
“Youngjae,” Jinyoung replied; a sigh followed afterwards. “He found out.”
 
“About…”
 
“Suzy.”
 
“Oh.” 
 
“Mark~~~” 
 
“Tough luck, honey. Can’t help ya there.” 
 
Jinyoung buried his face on the blade of Mark’s shoulder, whining for comfort and attention from the older. Mark is being difficult, and Jinyoung wants some loving. He’s already in a sour mood from a short, yet very effective, fight over the phone with his best friend. 
 
“Hold on, sweetheart,” Mark gave Jinyoung’s arms a light squeeze, signaling for him to let go. “Let me finish, first. I’ll be there in a sec, okay?” 
 
Fine,” Jinyoung groaned but still released Mark from his hold and trudged over to the couch, where he plopped himself down irritatedly. 
 
Mark sighed. Jinyoung is being difficult, and Mark wants everything cleaned. 
 
It wasn’t long before Mark washed his hands and dried them on a cloth that’s hanging from the handle of the cabinets above the sink. He made his way over to Jinyoung. 
 
“All right,” Mark gently grabbed Jinyoung by the male’s arms and pulled him up. Mark sat down on the spot that’s originally belonged to Jinyoung. As soon as he was settled and comfortable, he grabbed his husband's hands and pulled the male onto his lap. Jinyoung immediately rested his forehead against Mark’s warm chest while his limbs latched themselves dependently around Mark’s torso. “You’re such a baby, jeez.” 
 
“But I’m your baby,” Jinyoung pouted. 
 
Mark chuckled softly, his fingers lightly messaging Jinyoung’s scalp, “You right.” 
 
They stayed like that in silence for awhile. Jinyoung occasionally snuggled closer to Mark. And Mark’s fingers couldn’t stop playing with Jinyoung’s silky black locks. 
 
“Don’t fall asleep now,” Mark softly whispered. 
 
“It’s hard not to when you’re playing with my hair like that,” Jinyoung replied cutely. 
 
“I’m spoiling you a bit too much,” Mark sighed quietly.
 
“Hey,” Jinyoung squirmed, purposely making his husband uncomfortable, “You said you were going to make it up to me.” 
 
“I am,” Mark scoffed. “I’m spoiling you so much on a daily basis. I’ve never done that before. And you, mister, are taking me for granted. You’ve become clingy… Not that I’m complaining. It’s cute, though, since you’re not normally like this. My Jinyoungie is always collected and mature, sometimes a bit too cold. Maybe I’m the one who needs loving here.” 
 
“I’m sorry,” Jinyoung apologized; his voice soft with sincerity. “I love you.” 
 
“I was just kidding,” Mark smiled as he leaned down to place a kiss on the crown of Jinyoung’s head, “No need to say sorry, babe.” 
 
“Say it,” Jinyoung mumbled.
 
“Say what?” Mark titled his head slightly, questioning Jinyoung’s vague demand. 
 
“Say that you love me, too…” Jinyoung shyly requested. 
 
Mark couldn’t help but laugh at his husband’s bold display of cuteness, “If I tell you, will you share your sadness with me, my prince?” 
 
“Don’t call me that… It’s so cheesy…” Jinyoung bit his bottom lip as if it could magically stop the rushing of blood to his cheeks and ears. His whole body wanted to shake pleasantly at the nickname that Mark sometimes uses. 
 
“The beating of your heart is telling me different,” Mark smirked playfully. “So, will you?” 
 
“Yes,” Jinyoung nodded, still blushing like mad, “Anything and everything for you.” 
 
“I love you,” Mark said, his voice low and raspy, filled with raw emotions, in a chaste manner. “I love you so much, Jinyoung-ah.” 
 
Jinyoung hummed in response, extremely satisfied. Mark chuckled lightly and smoothly removed Jinyoung from his lap, mildly ignoring the protests of the latter. Mark sat Jinyoung down on the couch, facing him. 
 
“Let me hear it,” Mark looked at his husband expectantly. 
 
Jinyoung sighed, “Can I go back to hugging you? It was very nice and warm. Now I’m all cold-“
 
“Jinyoung.” 
 
“Okay, okay, okay, I’ll talk,” Sighing again, Jinyoung glanced up at Mark, “Could we at least hold hands, though?” 
 
Mark quirked an eyebrow at Jinyoung. Most likely 'done' with Jinyoung’s . 
 
“Please, baby?” Jinyoung cracked a stupid smile as he delivered his line in perfect English. 
 
Now it’s Mark’s turn to sigh. In defeat. He nodded tiredly. Jinyoung happily took Mark’s hands into his owns. 
 
“Youngjae yelled at me. He hasn’t done that in a long time, you know. He found out about Suzy working under me -and Jaebum- because he saw her. Mark, he saw her, today, when he was at lunch with Jaebum. And she saw him. But she, according to Youngjae’s words in a very angry tone, completely ignored him. She just walked away as if she never knew who he was. Worse part, Jaebum saw everything,” Jinyoung sighed. 
 
“I’m assuming Youngjae didn’t go back to Jaebum but left as well?” Mark asked.
 
“That’s exactly what he did,” Jinyoung started playing with Mark’s fingers; a habit he developed whenever he needs an instant stress reliever. “Anyways, Youngjae isn’t very happy right now, and God knows how Jaebum feels at the moment. As much as I hate Jaebum for his whole dumb plan of approaching Youngjae for a goddamn mission, I feel kind of bad because I swear sometimes I could see the adoration in Jaebum’s eyes whenever he looks at Youngjae, and that’s mind-blowing. Like since when were his eyes capable of that much amount of intense emotions…”
 
Mark nodded, agreeing. Jaebum isn’t the emotional type. There are some rumors floating around the facility that Captain Im is dangerously heartless
 
“Even when he was with Jiyeon, Jaebum never looked at her in the way that I’ve caught him looking at Youngjae… Is there something I should know, Mark?” Jinyoung's eyes searched Mark’s. 
 
“He told me he wants him.” 
 
“What? Are you sure-“
 
“Yes, I’m sure. Jaebum said it over and over again, in fact. I don’t know, Jinyoungie. He might be in love. Who knows.” 
 
“Oh, my God,” Jinyoung stared at Mark in shock. 
 
“I know,” Mark pursed his lips and casted his eyes downwards at their laced fingers. He gave Jinyoung’s digits a little squeeze. “So what are you going to do, now?” 
 
“I. Don’t. Know. And I can’t help thinking this is all my fault! I mean I didn’t want to tell Youngjae because I wanted him to move on… And it hasn’t even been long since Suzy joined. God, and I couldn’t just kick her off the team just because I hate her! With all personal feelings aside, Suzy is very good at what she does. Hell, Jaebum is, like, super proud of her. She’s like one of his best, and he respects her a lot. Also, work is work; I have to stay professional. It’s not like I wasn’t going to tell Youngjae. I planned on telling him when I’m sure he’s fully moved on. I didn’t want to see him hurt again…”
 
Mark pulled Jinyoung into his arms, embracing him gently. “It’s okay, baby. It’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself, Jinyoung-ah. You were just doing what you thought was best,” Mark comforted, patting Jinyoung’s back as he kissed the place above his ear. 
 
“But it isn’t right, now,” Jinyoung tighten his wrapped arms around Mark’s neck, snuggling closer into the warmth. “I don’t get why he’s still hung up about her. She’s so fake; it disgusts me.”
 
“Well, love tends to do that. It makes people blind and crave too much. Replace Youngjae with yourself, and Suzy with me. Wouldn’t you feel the same way?” 
 
“You’re right, but Suzy, she’s…” Jinyoung sighed. Even after all these years, he couldn’t even bring himself to finish it. Just the mention of the whole ordeal set flames of hatred in the pit of Jinyoung’s stomach. He didn’t want to think or talk about it anymore. He won’t be able to compose himself once he allows his demons to run free. He wants distraction. He released himself from Mark’s hold and stared into his husband’s eyes seductively. “ me, Mark. I need you. I want you, now.” 
 
Mark sighed. Jinyoung was obviously looking for a way out of this conversation. Despite wanting Jinyoung to talk about it rather than ignoring the problem, Mark gave in to his husband’s demands and carried him up to their bedroom. Mark could always pried for the answers later. But right now, Jinyoung is doing a very good job at rocking the serious atmosphere into one of lust and pure love. And Mark could never escape from that. Not when he’s already drowning beyond saving. 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Chugging down his, probably, thirteenth can of cheap convenience store's beer, Jaebum wonders frustratingly as to why isn’t he drunk out of his goddamn stupid mind yet. He was hoping to get ridiculously wasted and maybe toppled himself over the ing bridge or something. Instead, he’s sitting wobbly on the swing of a playground near that convenience store whilst angrily snapping open beer cans, drinking away his misery. 
 
“I’m such an idiot,” Jaebum mumbled as his fingers expertly popped open another can. Can after can, Jaebum wasn’t one least bit tired. He needed something stronger. “. How many more rejections are you going to get, Im Jaebum,” he scolded himself. “Youngjae doesn’t ing wants you, so what the are you still doing? Why can’t you just get this ty job over with? Jaebum, why are you hurting yourself…” 
 
Emotions weren’t Jaebum’s strong point. He’s basically emotionless. There isn’t a single thing that could ever shaken Jaebum. That was before Choi Youngjae, though. Now everything that even remotely involves the doctor sent him over the edge. 
 
He’s all kinds of angry right now. Angry at fate for being such a . Angry at his stupidity. Angry at how right Jinyoung has always been. Angry at Mark for always smirking because that sly fox knows everything. Angry at himself, mostly. Angry at the way Youngjae had reacted to Suzy. 
 
God, Jaebum hates it. He hates it so much. He hates the way Youngjae had looked at Suzy like she was the only beautiful thing that was breathing. Like she was the light in Youngjae’s dull world of boring soulless people. Like she was so fragile to the point Youngjae was scared to hold on too tight because he might break her. Like she was all he ever wanted. Like she was the blooming garden he loved so much. 
 
Jealousy, hate, and alcohol don’t mix well together, Jaebum had realized after his countless cans of bland beer. 
 
Jaebum liked Suzy. He really did. Suzy was a role model for the newbies. She was perfect, from looks to skills, everything. Suzy was book-smart and modernized. She literally possesses all qualities and traits that all women wanted for themselves. Jaebum always heard the ladies gossiped about her; some were envious enough to bashed her, and some worshipped her like she was some kind of Aphrodite or Artemis even. Either way, Bae Suzy is the talk of every agent’s not-so-secret conversations. Hell, even Jaebum talks about her. Jaebum respected Suzy tremendously. He’s impressed with her strength and dedication to work. Suzy is such an ace at what she does. On top of that, Suzy is caring and gentle. Her personality makes people find it hard to hate her. 
 
Yet, here Jaebum is, finally drunk and defenseless, sitting as he lightly swings back and forth, plotting thousands of ways to effectively kill her. He didn’t even regret any of it. He wanted her dead. Out of his life. Out of Youngjae’s life
 
God, Jaebum would kill to have Youngjae looked at him the way the doctor had looked at Suzy. 
 
“You deserve better, Choi Youngjae!” Jaebum shouted into the emptiness of a quiet neighborhood at the hour of one in the morning. “So so so soooooo much better~ She was ignoring you like you’ve never existed… She doesn’t even want you… But do you know who do? I do. Baby, I want you so much~ Why can’t you choose me instead? I’m so much better than her!” His words slurred shamelessly on the tip of his tongue. Who cares how loud he’s being at this point. It’s undeniable that a person is at their most honest when they’re drunk. 
 
“Love you… Love you so much, Youngjae-ah~ Want you… Want to be with you… Want to hold you… Want to kiss you… Want to wake up next to you… Want you to be mine… Completely mine…” Jaebum mumbled brokenly. He couldn’t stop the racing feeling of his aching heart. “We were doing so fine, baby… I could see it in your eyes… You were slowly letting me in. . It’s all her fault. She ruined it. She don’t deserve your beautiful heart. Leave her. Come back to me…” 
 
The barely sober side of Jaebum’s brain wished he hasn’t fallen so hard that it hurts enough to break his heart. 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Youngjae didn’t drink. He didn’t want to. He was over it. Done with turning to alcohol to solve his problems. He has work tomorrow, drinking wouldn’t be such a peachy idea. So walking aimlessly out at one in the morning seems to be the “perfect" idea. 
 
It's been a while since the hour that Youngjae pulled on his coat and left his penthouse to strolled on the neighboring streets. In fact, he had walked for so long, Youngjae has absolute no clue where he’s currently at, though, being lost is the last thing Youngjae could give two flying s about. There were more important issues than that.
 
Saying Youngjae feeling miserable will be an utter understatement. He was hopeless. And lost. And depressed. And all kinds of ed up. 
 
Suzy saw him. He knows Suzy saw him because their eyes met. Their ing eyes met, and Youngjae suddenly felt the hole in his sleeping heart recovered itself again. But the doctor wouldn’t exactly say it was alive. The damage left by the goddess as she waltzed pass was overwhelming. He didn’t yearn for her. In fact, he didn’t want anything to do with her. But the moment they met again, Youngjae knows for sure that he wanted closure. Or maybe something more. Or less. 
 
Walking by a twenty-four-seven convenience store, the gears in Youngjae’s brain started turning. He remembered the first day he had met Suzy. She was easily the prettiest girl in school. And easily the smartest. And easily the most talented. And easily the most loved and respected. Suzy was perfect. Guys and girls weren’t even try to hide their undying admiration for the goddess. 
 
There were so many better looking guys, yet Suzy chose Youngjae. 
 
The three of them, Jinyoung, Youngjae, and Suzy were very close friends. Obviously, Youngjae was the one pining after the fair lady, and Jinyoung was the one who stood from afar with arms crossed against his chest and eyes rolling like no tomorrow. Youngjae was into the amazing luminance of a beautiful angel that nothing else mattered to him. Not even Jinyoung’s persistent disapproval; Jinyoung wasn’t obsessed, so he knows the difference between what’s fake and real. But Youngjae was obsessed. He was madly in love. And his love just grew more and more as each day passes. It was unstoppable. 
 
Then freshmen year of high school came rolling around, and Youngjae finally gathered up the courage to ask out his best friend, Suzy. To Youngjae’s ridiculous surprise, Suzy said “yes” with a charming smile. Youngjae was exploding with happiness. He was so excited. 
 
When the couple became official, Jinyoung shook his head even more, disliking the lovey-dovey front Suzy is putting up with Youngjae. 
 
Youngjae was a fool for love. 
 
Suzy was all he cared about. Suzy was his everything
 
Their relationship was fun and intriguing; Youngjae did tried so hard to please his lover. And Suzy appreciated it. Suzy was Youngjae’s first in everything. First date. First kiss. First . First love. 
 
They went through high school together, hand-in-hand everyday. Then they also went through college together. Except their relationship had grown more mature and steady. They were the campus’ power couple. Both were smart and talented. Not to mention, extremely cute. 
 
Then they became more passionate after college. Suzy had already started working. And Youngjae was a doctor-in-training. Because of work they decided to live together, so they could see each other more often. It was nice. Youngjae had liked it. His love never dies. It continued to evolve into something monstrous and destructive. Youngjae was addicted. 
 
Youngjae never did got angry or disappointed at his girlfriend. Well, not until he saw that disgusted look on her face when Jinyoung introduced Mark. Oh, Youngjae was furious
 
 
“What the hell?! How could you be so goddamn rude? Jinyoung was nervous as , yet he still felt safe enough to bring Mark over for dinner with us. Couldn’t you show some respect?” Youngjae snapped after Jinyoung had awkwardly bid goodbye and practically dragged his boyfriend out of the apartment in embarrassment. “They’ve only been dating for, like, what, two months? Now, you’re making Jinyoung questioning his life choices. Yeah. THANKS A LOT.” 
 
“So this is my fault?! First of all, you didn’t even bother to tell me that Jinyoung was bringing someone over. Second of all, when the was Jinyoung into men?? Third of all, it’s ing disgusting. They’re men, Youngjae. Men who s each other. That’s-“
 
“Enough,” Youngjae growled. “I don’t want to hear it anymore. After so many years together, I finally see your true colors. I cannot believe those homophobic words just left from your mouth. Suzy, I thought you were better than this.” 
 
“Youngjae-“
 
“Who the cares what gender they are. Love is love, goddamnit. You don’t get it. Jinyoung really likes Mark. If Jinyoung is happy, then so am I. So why don’t you open your ing narrowed mind and see the fact that the way Jinyoung looks at his boyfriend is the EXACT same way I looked at you, my girlfriend.” 
 
“I can’t believe you’re raising your voice at me over something this unworthy. Youngjae, you’re never like this.” 
 
“Why are you so-“ Youngjae stopped himself before anything that could destroys his relationship slipped out from his defensive mouth. 
 
 
After their first fight, Youngjae felt like they’re missing something. He just doesn’t know what it is. However, he locked that thought away in some place deep within his mind and never meddled with it. And life goes on. With Suzy by his side. 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
“Jae-Jaebum?” Squinting his eyes in the darkness, Youngjae could make out the slouched form of a certain someone under the dim light of the lamppost. The doctor made his way over to the agent.“Hey, what are you doing here? Are you-“
 
The agent looked up, lips stretched to a wide grin. Youngjae poke his nose into Jaebum''s personal space, sniffing the strong scent of alcohol as he confirms that Jaebum is not okay. “Nope, you’re not. You’re drunk.” 
 
“I’m not drunk!” Jaebum slurred on his words loudly. His hair was a tousled. His eyes were droopy, trying hard to keep them open. His cheeks were lightly flushed. His jawline and neck was covered in angry red tints. His lips were still glistening from the wetness of the beer. His ears were burning. His voice was low and hoarse and- Jaebum was a hot mess. “Just a bit tipsy…” 
 
“I’m pretty sure you are,” Youngjae pursed his lips, already coming up with thousands of reasons to not give into Jaebum’s poor state. “Do you need help? Here, let me take you home,” the doctor reached over to help Jaebum getting up from the swing. 
 
“Youngjae…” Jaebum immediately launched himself at Youngjae, causing the doctor to lose balance in surprised. But Youngjae managed to catch both of them from falling flat on the ground. “Holy , you’re here…” 
 
“Yes, I’m here,” Youngjae sighed, “To help you.”
 
“Help me….” Jaebum repeated with a scoff. “I don’t need helllllllppppp!” He shouted. His voice echoed through the silent night. 
 
“Jaebum, come on, tell me your address. I’m hailing you a cab,” Youngjae struggled to pull a very drunk Jaebum up to his feet. “How the hell did you even get to this state? This is so not you, at all.” 
 
Youngjae slung Jaebum’s arm over his shoulder. One hand holding the arm while the other supports the agent by his waist. Jaebum was way heavier than Youngjae had expected. Nevertheless, the doctor somehow slowly dragged Jaebum and himself to the open crossroad. Youngjae looked back and forth to his left and right, his arm reaching out, waving for an orange car to pull over. 
 
“Where to, mister?” The taxi driver asked the usual question. 
 
“Where’s your house, Jaebum?” Youngjae patiently turned over to the drunk man. 
 
Jaebum mumbled his address lazily as his head automatically rested on Youngjae’s shoulder. Youngjae recited the place to the driver in a clearer voice. 
 
Once the cab started moving, Youngjae slumped back into the leather seat, glancing over at Jaebum. The doctor tried to lightly push the agent’s head off of his shoulder, but the agent was very stubborn. If nothing, trying to push Jaebum off only made him scooted closer and closer to Youngjae. Sighing, Youngjae just sat still. Jaebum took that as a cue to wrapped his arms around Youngjae’s waist and snuggled against his chest. Youngjae bit his bottom lip nervously. They were too close. 
 
The ride wasn’t as long as it appeared to be. Apparently, the driver was scared that the drunk guy will puke all over the car, so the middle-aged man sped up, lowkey ignoring all traffic regulations. The driver was a cool dude. 
 
Passing through a road of nothing but trees that were nicely trimmed in an artistic way. It was like heading into a fairyland. Even the lampposts were pretty. Youngjae stared out the window of the car in awed. After a long road of a welcoming full of trees, the cab stopped in front of a huge villa. The entrance was lit by small light shards that wrapped around the foot of the gate. Youngjae’s mouth dropped.
 
“Um… Are you sure this is the right place?” The doctor asked the driver. 
 
“Yes, this is one of the most wealthiest area in Seoul. And this villa seems to be recently built,” the driver informed calmly. 
 
Nodding, still in disbelief, Youngjae disentangled Jaebum’s strong arms from his body and got out of the cab. He pulled out his wallet and paid the driver, “Wait for me. If I’m not out in ten minutes or so, then you can leave. Thank you.” 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Jaebum was all kinds of drowsy. His vision blurred. His head hurts. His throat dried. He felt himself being maneuvered all over the place. Jaebum doesn’t like being dragged. Or moved against his will. But this time, he’s too tired and out of it to be able to do anything. So he just let whoever or whatever continued. 
 
“-your keys-where-“ A familiar voice invade Jaebum’s head. The agent couldn’t quite make out the full sentence, but he got the idea. 
 
“Poc-pocke-pocketttttt….” Jaebum replied to the best of his ability at the moment. 
 
He felt a foreign hand searching his pockets and took his keys out. Then he was moved again. This time with a lot more force. Jaebum, even in his drunken state, laughed out loud at how ridiculous that poor person is, struggling to carry his weight. 
 
And the next thing he know, his back hits the soft cushion of a bed. Jaebum was so sure that it wasn’t his bed. That person must have not know where Jaebum’s room is, so they just throw him in some random room. Well, it is a huge house with a lot of rooms. And they all belonged to Im Jaebum. 
 
He felt his jacket being removed. Then his shoes. Then his socks. Jaebum groaned as he tossed and the sheets, feeling extremely uncomfortable. A warm hand slipped in between the curve of the back of Jaebum’s neck and the mattress, lifting his head up slightly. A pillow was there as Jaebum’s head settled back down again. His eyes fluttered open. The face in front of him was a bit blurry; it took some time for everything to clear up. When he recognized who it was, his lips tugged up into a lazy smile. Jaebum was stuck up on the thought that he had too many drinks, so now, he’s hallucinating.
 
“Mmhmm, hey, Youngjae,” he greeted. “You look nice….” 
 
“You’re drunk, Jaebum, sleep,” Youngjae said. “I have to go now.” 
 
“No, baby, don’t go,” Jaebum quickly grabbed Youngjae’s wrist. 
 
“Jae-“
 
Before Youngjae could let out another protest, Jaebum yanked him down onto the bed. The doctor squirmed wildly under Jaebum’s tight grip, desperate to free himself. But, hell, the agent was persistent as . Jaebum swung his leg over Youngjae''s thighs and pulled him closer, “Hhmmm… Warm… So ing warm… Youngjae… My Youngjae…” 
 
“Jaebum… Stop it.. Let me go,” Youngjae whispered. “You-you’re drunk… You’re saying weird stuff… That probably don’t mean anything.” 
 
Jaebum now have Youngjae pressed firmly against his own body. The heat radiating off of Youngjae burns fiercely as it comes in contact with Jaebum needy self. God, it felt so real. Jaebum wasn’t sure if he’s dreaming or not. Possessively tighten his hold, Jaebum buried his face in the crook of Youngjae’s neck. 
 
“I’m sorry, Jaebum, I really am.” 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Youngjae didn’t even know when he had fallen asleep. But after awhile of laying with a clingy Jaebum glued to his side, tiredness took its course. Besides, the house was a bit cold and Jaebum’s hug was pretty cozy. Especially his even breathing on Youngjae’s exposed neck. 
 
So the doctor was sound asleep until he started feeling something warm and a bit moist tickled his skin. Rubbing his eyes lazily, Youngjae looked down a bit. He gasped loudly as soon as he registered what was happening. 
 
Jaebum, who apparently had woken up but still drunk on alcohol, was straddling Youngjae and leaving open-mouthed kisses down his neck. The agent’s teeth would sometimes grazed daringly against Youngjae soft skin, making the doctor involuntarily gasped. 
 
“Jaebum! What the are you- oh!” Youngjae immediately covered his mouth after a strange sound escaped. Jaebum suddenly started moving more intimately as if he noticed that Youngjae is now awake. “St-stop it! What are you-“
 
Everything was happening so suddenly. Youngjae didn’t have time to react as Jaebum’s fingers were already ing his shirt. How the hell is a drunk person taking advantage of a sober person will be the question that Youngjae will always ponders about. But now is not the time. 
 
“Please… Don’t do this… Jaebum, please,” Youngjae begged, his hands trying to push Jaebum off, but only were to be harshly grabbed and pinned over his head. Youngjae struggled to break free. Jaebum was so much stronger. 
 
“Want,” a kiss being placed softly on Youngjae’s collarbone. “You,” another kiss was planted on Youngjae’s cheek. “So ing much,” Jaebum bit Youngjae’s earlobe friskily. “Youngjae-ah,” the way Jaebum growled Youngjae’s name in his ear made the doctor shivered. Youngjae started trembling. His breathing labored. 
 
“Honestly,” Youngjae breathed out quietly, “This isn’t the right time to be turning on, but I’m a man. And man gets by literally anything. Jaebum, I’m asking nicely for you to stop this before you do something you’ll terribly regret…” Youngjae tried to reason with a drunk Captain. 
 
Jaebum did stopped. He stopped to look at Youngjae straight in the eyes. His hand gripped tighter as it held Youngjae’s hands pinned helplessly against the mattress. He started studying the man underneath him through lustful eyes and a clouded head. 
 
Youngjae gulped. Although it was dark, Youngjae could see Jaebum’s sharp eyes tearing his body apart. Drunk Jaebum is not only clingy but also dangerous, Youngjae concluded. It’s like Jaebum is whole different person. The agent was all needy and touchy one moment and the next, he’s all controlling and dominating like a hungry predator ready to devour its prey. 
 
Jaebum his lips, “How do you really feel about me, Youngjae?” 
 
“I… Wh-what are you talking about… I don’t know what you’re-“
 
“Don’t avoid the goddamn question.” 
 
Youngjae bit his bottom lip nervously. Jaebum is starting to scared him. Normally, Jaebum is sweet and gentle, but right now, he’s… So… Different…
 
“I…” Youngjae wanted to answer. He really did. But the problem was that as Jaebum asked him the question that he, himself, been trying to avoid for quite some time, Youngjae began to doubt his outer emotions. How did he feel about Jaebum? “I don’t-don’t know… I-I’m sor-sorry…” 
 
“No, you have to know,” Jaebum was angry now; Youngjae just knows it. The doctor wonders if his wrists will be bruised in the morning. Jaebum was holding on so tight and it hurts. “I can’t just stand by and watch you go back and forth. I can’t do that anymore. I was patient, for you. You have to choose. It’s me or her.” 
 
Youngjae’s eyes widened, “What? That’s ridiculous. You can’t make me choose-“
 
“I love you,” Jaebum said; his voice was steady. 
 
“N-n-no, you don-don’t,” Youngjae turned his head, breaking the eye contact they held. “You’re just confuse-“
 
“No, I love you.”
 
“Look, you’re not even sober right now! You’re drunk! Goddamnit!” 
 
“I’M NOT DRUNK!” 
 
Youngjae hates violence. He really hates it when he has to resort to it. The doctor expertly wrapped his legs firmly around Jaebum’s waist, pulling Jaebum flat down on top of him. Taking advantage of Jaebum’s surprised reaction, Youngjae’s hands break free and he used his legs to flip Jaebum over onto his back. Moving at a fast pace, Youngjae crawled onto Jaebum’s body and straddled the agent, pinning him down. But of course, being a well-trained agent, Jaebum easily gained back control and attacked Youngjae’s openings; he grabbed onto the doctor’s sides and threw him off. Before Jaebum could obtain the dominating position again, Youngjae rolled quickly to the other side of the bed, reached down to the floor and picked up Jaebum’s discarded jacket. 
 
Alcohol increased Jaebum’s irritation. Youngjae isn’t exactly submitting, per se. 
 
Youngjae found it awfully incredulous that they’re having a wrestling party at this ungodly hour. What’s even more unbelievable is that Youngjae is losing to a drunk agent who probably wouldn’t even remember anything he had said or did the moment he wakes up again. 
 
“Stop resisting, Youngjae,” Jaebum finally have Youngjae pinned down underneath him again. “It’s useless…” Jaebum’s hands started going lower and lower down Youngjae’s body. Youngjae is now officially freaking out. Nothing good could come after this. Jaebum hands stopped just above Youngjae’s belt. He looked back up, eyes never leaving Youngjae’s. 
 
Youngjae could hear the obnoxious clanking of his belt being unbuckled at a painfully slow rate. Each millisecond is sending Youngjae off a cliff. He has to do something. Anything. 
 
Remembering that he still have Jaebum’s jacket in his hands, Youngjae exhaled and hyped himself. You could do this, Choi Youngjae. You need to do this or else he’s… He’s going to… 
 
Thank God Jaebum was distracted by being very concentrated in unbuckling the belt, Youngjae pulled his upper body up halfway and slung the jacket over to the back of Jaebum’s neck. The doctor made the final move and wrapped it around the agent’s neck, lightly choking him. Jaebum’s hands flew to grab the jacket that’s constricting his throat, trying to pull it out. Youngjae took that time and swiftly knocked Jaebum down flat on his stomach. Youngjae’s free hand grabbed both of Jaebum’s wrists and have them pinned against his back. The doctor carefully removed the jacket around Jaebum’s neck as he squirmed violently below. 
 
“Behave, Im Jaebum,” Youngjae said through heavy breathings while proceeding to tie Jaebum’s wrists  with the sleeves of the jacket. “I’ll forget that this ever happened.” 
 
After couples of useless tries, Jaebum finally gave up. Youngjae sighed tiredly as he rolled off of Jaebum and landed right beside him. Jaebum whined, nevertheless, completely exhausted. His eyes started drooping again. 
 
“Forget…” Jaebum softly said.
 
“What did you say?” Youngjae looked over but was only greeted by the back of Jaebum’s head. 
 
“Forget her…” Jaebum said, a bit louder this time,“Please…”