z u l u

OPERATION: LOVE

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: You've reached the FINAL chapter! Thank you ~(^_^)~ However, do stay for a while for the extra chapter (which will be updated before this day ends) and special announcements~ Thanks y'all!

###

 

 

 

 

 
Opening the door at the second ring of the bell, Jinyoung was greeted by a smiling couple with groceries in their hands. Youngjae ignored all manners and pushed pass his best friend to enter the house. Jaebum followed in after.
 
“Um, you guys may come in?” Jinyoung quirked an eyebrow, pointing out the couple’s rude manners. “What are you two doing here?”
 
“We’re cooking!” The Doctor cheered happily as he set the bags down on the kitchen island. 
 
Who?” The Vice Captain watches as his Captain and best friend started taking out stuff from the bags. 
 
“Youngjae and I,” Jaebum smiled. 
 
Confused and slightly annoyed, Jinyoung crossed his arms against his chest, displaying his sassiness. “I didn’t invite y’all.”
 
Youngjae stuck out his tongue, “Mark-hyung did!” 
 
Looking up the stairs, Jinyoung titled his head, “but he’s sleeping.”
 
“There’s a thing called texting, hyung,” Youngjae scoffed, “get with the system.” 
 
“No, but why are you guys here?” 
 
“Come on, Jinyoung. Mark is finally discharged after two months. Can’t we have a mini celebration that your husband is back home?” Jaebum opened the fridge and scanned through it. There wasn’t much, figuring that Jinyoung basically spends the last two months in the hospital with Mark. 
 
The irritated agent’s face said otherwise. He was fine cuddling with his husband just before these two came and interrupt their peacefulness. Jinyoung shook his head and sighed. “We’re resting so get out.”
 
“Oh, that’s new,” Youngjae looked up at his best friend, “you’re not ing but resting?”
 
Jaebum laughed. “That’s cute.”
 
“I know, right?” Youngjae also bursted out laughing. 
 
“Get. The. . Out. Or. I’ll. Skin. You. Two. Alive.” 
 
“Baby, can you pass me that bottle real quick?” Jaebum called over to his boyfriend, who’s reaching for the bottle of kimchi paste that they bought earlier. 
 
“I said-“ Jinyoung huffed.
 
“Here,” Youngjae handed Jaebum the bottle, “why don’t you let me cut these up for you.” 
 
“Choi Youngjae, Im Jaebum, get-“
 
“Can you do that, please? Thanks, Jae-ah.” 
 
“Are you guys even listening-“
 
Leaning over and kissing Jaebum’s cheek, Youngjae grinned, “have anyone told you how attractive you look when cooking, babe?” 
 
Face-palming, Jinyoung gave up and made his way back up the stairs to his sleeping angel. Those two are ignoring him on purpose. At least Mark wouldn’t. 
 
“A lot of people have,” Jaebum smiles and leaned in to peck’s Youngjae’s lips, “but I’ll only take your compliment.” 
 
“Can you guys stop being so ing damn fluffy this late in the afternoon for ’s sake?!” Jinyoung groaned loudly before a door slam was heard. 
 
The couple downstairs started giggling happily as they went back to preparing dinner. 
 
After a calm silence of no particular conversations but just the noises from the movement of pots and pans, Jaebum, while stirring the kimchi stew to its master taste, decided to satisfy his curiosity. “When did Mark texted you?” 
 
Youngjae, who was peeling onions on the side, looked a bit surprised at the sudden conversation starter. “After lunch, before he was discharged. Told us to come over and cook for him, since he’s sick of eating hospital’s foods and wanted something homemade.”
 
“Huh,” Jaebum nodded slowly, eyes still straining on the crimson color of the liquid, “why didn’t he tell me instead?” 
 
“I don’t know,” the doctor shrugged. “Maybe you were busy?” 
 
Sighing, the agent scooped up a tiny amount of the stew and blows on it, cooling down the liquid before tasting. “I feel like he talks to you a lot more than me now. Something’s going on that you two aren’t telling me? Should I be worried?”
 
“You’re being ridiculous, Jaebum. I love you, remember?” 
 
Couldn’t help the adoring chuckle that escaped, Jaebum looked over at his boyfriend, who’s already looking back at him, “I know. Feeling’s mutual, honey.” 
 
“Hmmm… When did we upgraded to marriage endearments?” 
 
“You don’t like?”
 
Smiling widely, Youngjae walked over and placed his lips softly on top of Jaebum’s, “whatever. I’m fine with anything.” 
 
Immediately kissing back, Jaebum whispered against Youngjae’s lips, “I love you.” 
 
“I know.”
 
“Can I put a ring on it, Jae?” 
 
“We’ll see,” the smirk Youngjae carried made Jaebum’s heart flutters excitedly. 
 
With a warm smile, Jaebum watches Youngjae stalked back to the kitchen island and resumed peeling his onions or whatever that the doctor was doing. He still couldn’t believe that Youngjae is now someone who he would call “special,” someone who he would give all his heart to, someone who he’ll loves until he can’t love anymore. 
 
“Youngjae-“
 
“Hey, are you guys done?” Jinyoung popped up around the corner, eyes blinking tiredly while sporting a bird's nest hair like he just woke up. “Mark’s hungry.”
 
“He’s awake?” Youngjae asked as he swept all the trash that he was making and threw them in a plastic bag. 
 
“Yeah. Just now.” 
 
“Who said for us to leave earlier, I wonder…” The Doctor exhaled heavily. Jinyoung rolled his eyes. Youngjae is giving him so much today.
 
“Okay, we’re almost done,” Jaebum smiled, “bring down his Majesty~” 
 
Nodding, Jinyoung disappeared from the kitchen to head back upstairs. Mark was already up by the door, waiting for his husband to help him come down the stairs. Although the recovery was quite faster than the doctors had expected, Mark still finds it hard sometimes to walk and often gets tired quickly. But he’s being taken care of by a diligent Jinyoung who always reminds Mark to take his pills and eat healthily. 
 
“They’re done?” Mark asked as he sees his husband approaching. 
 
“Yeah,” Jinyoung smiled and linked arm with Mark to support him. “Are you feeling better?” 
 
Moving a hand to ruffles Jinyoung’s hair, Mark leaned forward and kissed his husband’s forehead, “a bit. But I will after dinner.” 
 
Smiling at the affectionate gesture, Jinyoung slowly assisted Mark to the staircase. “Of course, Jaebum’s cooking. But yours always taste better.” 
 
“Figures. I was the one who taught him how to cook. Obviously, the master would be better than the student.” 
 
“Or I’m just being completely biased because you’re my husband and I love you.” 
 
Mark laughed. “I love you, too.” 
 
They took their sweet time going down the stairs, casually giving each other’s kisses and smiles. Jaebum poked his head out of the kitchen, “hurry up or we’re going to eat it all ourselves!” 
 
“I was the one who invited y’all! Be grateful!” Mark yelled, trying to pick up his pace but stopped after one step due to the subtle pain and Jinyoung’s active scolding of how he needed to be careful and that his well-being is more important than food. Mark pouted and whined to Jinyoung. “But they’re going to eat it all~ I’m hungry, Jinyoungie~” 
 
Jinyoung sighs before started shouting down to the dining room, making sure those two pricks hear every single word clearly. “I SWEAR TO GOD IF Y’ALL START EATING WITHOUT US I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE IT’S HELL EVERYWHERE YOU GO!” 
 
Laughing amusingly, Mark singsonged, “did you hear that clearly~ My baby got no chill~ He’ll kill all of you~”
 
Jaebum rolled his eyes, “yeah, whatever.” 
 
“Um, I think we should listen to Jinyoung,” Youngjae suggested as he puts his chopsticks down. “I mean Chairman Park doesn’t joke around, you know. Especially when the person who’s complaining to him is the Mark Tuan.”
 
They opted to wait for Jinyoung and Mark, whom eventually came after a what seemed like four hundreds decades. Jaebum groaned as he impatiently tapping on Youngjae’s thigh, “hurry up, oh, my God.” 
 
Mark settled down across from Jaebum with the help of his husband. The injured male smiled brightly, “thank you for coming over.” 
 
“You welcome, Mark-hyung!” Youngjae enthusiastically smiled back. “Good luck on your recovery! I’ll come over and check on you sometimes, since Jinyoung will be at work and if you need anything just tell me-“
 
“NO,” both Jaebum and Jinyoung objected so fast that Mark flinched and almost fell out of his seat. 
 
“Why not?” Youngjae pouted. 
 
“Because Mark is mine and I can take care of him perfectly by myself, thank you very much,” Jinyoung said as a matter-of-fact. 
 
Seriously? I just wanted to help out since I am his doctor. You’re being unnecessary, Jinyoung.”
 
“But-“
 
“Jinyoung,” Mark called calmly, “it’s okay.” 
 
The said male pouted and picked up his chopsticks, beginning to silently eating. Jaebum sighed, “I-“
 
“Jaebum,” Youngjae interrupted before Jaebum could finish his sentence, already knowing what is it, “it’s okay.” 
 
Rolling their eyes, Jinyoung and Jaebum just started eating instead of caring to convince Youngjae not to occasionally drop by when Mark is alone at home. It’s not like they don’t trust their lovers. It’s just they’re acting childish and overly possessive. Neither wanted anyone else getting cozy and chummy with their babes, best friends aren’t even an exception. 
 
Mark puts his small rice bowl down gently and looked around the table. He started smiling happily by himself. Jinyoung looked over, "worried" written all over his handsome face. “What’s wrong, babe? Are you hurt? Do you need something?”
 
At Jinyoung’s voice, Jaebum and Youngjae both turned their attention to Mark who just smiled even wider. “No, it’s not that. I’m just happy,” the oldest looked at everyone carefully with such soft eyes. “Happy that we all get to sit together and eat like this. Just months ago, I thought I wouldn’t be able to see any one of you any more. And now, we’re all together. It makes me happy.” 
 
Scoffing but smiled with much love for his best friend, Jaebum grabbed a piece of meat and puts it in Mark’s bowl, “God, why are you so cheesy when there’s no cheese here? Have some protein, bud. You’re losing it.” 
 
Jinyoung and Youngjae laughed wholeheartedly and they all began to put food in Mark’s bowl, making the said male to started laughing, too, in an attempt to stop them. “Okay! I got it! I’ll shut up and eat so stop with all these evil generosities!” 
 
Giggling, Jaebum and Youngjae battled against Mark’s chopsticks and won together. By the end of it, Mark’s bowl was on the verge of overflowing. Mark looked at his poor dinner and pouted, turning to his husband by his side and started wiggling his body cutely. “Jinyoungie~ They’re bullying me!” 
 
“It’s okay, babe,” Jinyoung smiled and his husband’s hair, “I’ve already called to have two caskets made. I’ll iron your black suit tonight, because we’re going to their funeral tomorrow, baby.” 
 
Youngjae gasped dramatically, “how could you! I thought we were best friends?”
 
Jaebum puts an arm around his boyfriend and faked a sob, “what are even best friends to them anymore? It’s all right, Youngjae. At least we die together.” 
 
“Awe, that’s so cute,” Mark smirked, “but who saids you’re going to die together?” 
 
Jinyoung started crackling evilly. Mark joined along with his husband. Jaebum shook his head in disapproval, “you guys are becoming like one another…” 
 
“Well, we are married,” Jinyoung winked playfully. “They say if you live with someone long enough, you’ll eventually turn into them.” 
 
“Creepy…” Youngjae lowered his voice as he stuffed a grilled shrimp in his mouth. 
 
“Very…” Jaebum added in the same lowered voice.
 
Mark laughs while Jinyoung rolls his eyes. Eventually, they all broke out into harmonies of laughters, enjoying each other’s presences. There’s nothing better than having a nice simple dinner with your family and friends who you loves so much.
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Past Choi Youngjae would never have guessed he’ll ends up with someone who he grows to love so dearly and who loves him unconditionally and sweetly. The past Choi Youngjae was a broken and hopeless person who refused to reach out and look for the piece he’s desperately missing. He was someone who had lost his way home. He was someone who thinks he didn’t deserves all the greater things in life. He was someone who drags himself down to the lowest. He was someone who did nothing but hurt himself. He was a selfish bastard who didn’t care for anyone else’s feelings but his own shattered ones. 
 
The Choi Youngjae now proved all of it to be wrong. He proved to his past self that love can be find. And that he, like any others, deserves all the happiness that life happens to brings. He's changed for the better. He’s happy now. There’s now meaning to his dull world. A meaning that is so beautiful. 
 
“Jaebum.”
 
“Yeah, babe?”
 
“I love you.”
 
Past Im Jaebum would never have guess he’ll falls in love with an angel who smiles blinds him and voice lures his heart into the depth of paradise. The past Im Jaebum was heartless. He was someone who didn’t bother about this strange feeling called love. He was someone who thinks he’ll survive fine without the weakness of falling in love. He was someone who valued his work over anything else. He was someone who’s afraid of losing control of his own chaotic life. He was an organized being until Fate messed around and wrecked him into dysfunction. 
 
The Im Jaebum now proved all of it to be wrong. He proved to his past self that he can love. And love to the point of insanity, but he’s addicted to that feeling. He’s changed for the better. He’s braver now. There’s nothing he fears. Nothing can destroy him as long as his angel is always by his side. 
 
“Youngjae.”
 
“Jaebum?”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“For what, baby?” 
 
“Choi Youngjae, thank you for teaching me how to love. Thank you for teaching me how to love you.”