y a n k e e

OPERATION: LOVE

 

 

 

 

Seeing Jinyoung snuggled against Mark while the freaking room smells like was the last thing Jaebum wanted to walk into. How the Hell did they managed it when Mark could barely even move is a mystery that Jaebum do not wishes to find out. Besides, he’s here on business, not here to detects how his friends have . 
 
Jaebum had waited until lunch break before sneaking in. The lady doctor gave strict instructions that there should be no more than one visitor. But it. She’s not around anyways. Clearing his throat and tried to ignore the fragrance of after- that’s surrounding the room, Jaebum lightly tapped Mark’s shoulder, causing the said male to stirred in his slumber. Mark’s face scrunched up in annoyance. 
 
“Mark,” Jaebum softly called, careful not to wake the monster next to his best friend, “wake up.” 
 
Mark laid still for a couple of seconds before fluttering his eyes open. He turned his head over and found Jaebum’s eyes staring down. “What the hell?” Mark muttered in English and rubbed his eyes with the free hand as the other arm was used as a pillow for his sleeping husband. 
 
Disappointed at Mark’s reaction in seeing his best friend, Jaebum suddenly regretted leaving Youngjae’s side. “Good to see you, too, Mark.” 
 
Blinking a bit, Mark finally draws out Jaebum’s face clearly. He smiled, “help me up, Bum.” 
 
“Wouldn’t that wake the Beast? He’s a light sleeper.” 
 
“No, he’s really tired right now,” Mark gently removed his trapped arm from Jinyoung’s head. “Has he been sleeping well?” 
 
Jaebum grabbed a hold of Mark’s free arm and supported him into a sitting position as his back leaned against the pillowed headboard. Mark lets a hand falls on top of Jinyoung's head, messing tenderly with those silky dark locks. 
 
“No,” Jaebum shook his head as he look at Mark petting Jinyoung endearingly. “If anything, he’d cried more than he’d eaten or slept.”
 
“Yet he still had the nerves to ride me,” Mark chuckled softly. 
 
“Your husband got no chill, dude.” 
 
“I’m not even going to defend that one.”  
 
Jaebum pulled a chair over to sit down next to the bed. He smiled at his best friend, glad that he gets to see and hear Mark again. It’s like telepathy, because Mark understood everything Jaebum was thinking just by looking at his face. So Mark responded with a relieved smile, too. 
 
“I would love to feed your ego about how awesome of a best friend you are but business first,” Captain Im sighs; Captain Tuan nodded for him to continue, knowing perfectly what the other Captain is going to say. “First of all, we have to find whoever tried to kill you before Jinyoung does. Obviously, it’s Gabsoo’s men. Second of all, I ing resent you for doing Youngjae like that. Third of all, let’s figure out our next step. Fourth of all, please, next time, do your awfully best to stop Jinyoung, like, it doesn’t matter how smooth and sly he is, you have to refuse, because Mark you’ve just woke up from a goddamn near-death experience. Control yourself. Both of you.” 
 
Showing no particular expression, Mark looked down to ran his fingers through Jinyoung’s hair before looking back up at Jaebum. “First of all, we don’t have to waste our time finding the specific one. Just attack the Leader. Second of all, I know I have the video and codes but I’ve never actually looked at it until very recently before the whole operation that I was on. I was going to tell everyone about it when I came back. Third of all, why the hell haven’t you turn the chip in yet? I’m irrelevant here. You know what’s on it, now do the world a favor and give it up. Fourth of all, it’s not like I didn’t stop him, but he misses me so much and I wasn’t in a good position to reject anything, so I just let him have his ways with me. But just so you know, Jinyoung was extra gentle, so everything’s cool.” 
 
Jaebum was too tired to even throw a judging glare at Mark. Instead, he slumped back in his chair, ruffling his hair with his hand. “So, we’re really turning it in?” 
 
“Of course. Everything’s there, right?” 
 
“Well, yeah.”
 
Contemplating in silence for a while, Jaebum slowly nodding his head up and down. “Okay. I’ll drop this with Chief Commander. And we’ll go from there.” 
 
“The advantage is that you don’t even have to go from there. The chip is the final move to checkmate. Gabsoo’s stuck. He don’t got anywhere else to run now.” 
 
“Then why did you create so many operations for?” 
 
Mark sighed, “because I didn’t want Youngjae to take it out.” The reaction Jaebum gave was enough to conclude what Mark meant by that. “I can tell you know how much it hurts him.” 
 
Jaebum moved his eyes from Mark’s and down at his own clasped hands on his lap. He tried to forget it, but it’s impossible. The image of Youngjae trembling in pain as blood poured out from his thigh while his eyes were red with burning tears haunted Jaebum’s mind. He quickly shook himself from that repeating memory. “You know, he blamed himself for not helping you enough, so he scratched his own skin, and the wound tore and opened.” 
 
“That sounds like Choi Youngjae,” Mark smiled sympathetically. He wanted to reach out and hug his best friend, but it hurts every time Mark tried to move a little too much. “If you come closer, I can give you a hug to comfort your heart.”
 
Jaebum scoffed and rolled his eyes, “save it. I’m fine. Just a little worry. But I’m peachy.” 
 
“If you’re a little worry, then you’re not peachy, Jaebummie.”
 
“Shut up, Tuan. I’m trying to be positive.” 
 
“Yeah, try harder next time.” 
 
“…”
 
“…”
 
“Mark, I really want to punch you in that perfectly gorgeous- face of yours. Real talk, though.” 
 
“Jeez, Jaebum, what a hostile way of delivering a compliment. Thanks, anyways. You’re beautiful, too, boo,” Mark blows a kiss with a playful wink, to which Jaebum cringed in disgust.  
 
“You talk way too much for a severely injured person. Did they even examined you correctly?” 
 
“Why? You want your boyfriend to be the one who touch me instead?” 
 
“Please, I wouldn’t let him and neither will Jinyoung.” 
 
“But do tell Youngjae I appreciate his existence and that he’s perfectly fine the way he is.” 
 
“I will,” Jaebum smiles, “I tell him that a lot, too.” 
 
It’s been a long time since Mark have seen Jaebum smiled like that. The last time was when Jaebum finally ran away from his home to live in a cheap, rundown, one-bedroom apartment with Mark during their college days. He’s happy that his best friend finds serenity in Youngjae. To Mark, Jaebum deserves a lot of things. Like happiness. The man broke through so many walls by himself to get him to where he is today without riding on his parents’ pretty little royal carriage. And Jaebum’s love life has never been easy. If they’re not gold-diggers, they’re most likely little flings here and there. Nothing were ever serious. Not even with Jiyeon, the so-called 'chosen one' that somehow stuck around for quite a while. In the end, no one was true to Jaebum, neither was he true to them. Choi Youngjae is an exception, however. 
 
“Thank God at least you look like you’ve been eating and sleeping,” Mark sighed, slightly upset that Jinyoung didn’t take care of himself properly. 
 
“Don’t blame Jinyoung. You know how dependent he is on you,” Jaebum defended his Vice, who’s still peacefully sleeping like a little baby, all snuggling against his husband’s hip with arms protectively wrapped around the older's waist. “Jinyoung was crying for hours and hours after you’ve hung up on him. It was bad to the point he started ignoring ranks and disrespect people left and right. Did you know he called the ing President to demand, not even asked but demanded, a released order on the E.C.I? And now he hates me to the core. If one day I disappears from the surface of Earth, you’ll know that Jinyoung is the reason behind it.” 
 
Mark smirked, “of course. Only Chairman Park have that kind of power.” 
 
“I really like the idea of you loving him for who he is and not because he’s powerful and rich as . If Jinyoung were to be with someone else, they’ll already use Jinyoung to no end,” Jaebum genuinely pleased that the person Jinyoung fell hard for is Mark Tuan and not someone else. 
 
“Well, Jinyoung is very sharp and always on guard, so I don’t think anyone could really get close to him without him immediately finding out what their true intentions are,” Mark ran his fingers over his sleeping husband’s features but soon came to a stop, because Jinyoung started jolting awake. 
 
The two Captains sat still and silent as they watches the ‘Beast’ stirs in his half-asleep state. Jaebum swallowed down the threatening feeling he’s started getting. They both know really well. Doesn’t matter what. Park Jinyoung hates being interrupted. Jaebum looked at Mark, eyes screaming “it’s your fault not mine!!” 
 
Pulling himself off the bed, into a sitting position, Jinyoung groaned sleepily, seeming ready to fight whoever it was that woke him from his beauty sleep. Mark pursed his lips into a thin line. 
 
“Who…” Jinyoung croaked out through hoarse vocals, probably sore from the activities that took place before his sleep. “Who the woke me?” 
 
Jaebum slowly got up from his seat and excused himself, “well, I’ll be going now before the doctor finds out that I sneaked in here… I’ll stop by again to tell you the results… Bye, Mark!” And the Unit Captain was out the door without looking back. 
 
Mark curses under his breath at Jaebum’s abandonment. Mark decided that he needs better friends. Turning back to his husband, Mark cracked a sweet smile, “how was your sleep, dear?” 
 
“Who woke me?” Jinyoung asked again, voice sounding extremely annoyed at this point. 
 
Mark gulped before timidly answered, “I did?” 
 
Opening his eyes slowly, Jinyoung stared at Mark through his dark fringe, “you did?” 
 
Mark nodded once. Then twice. Then waited for whatever punishment that’s coming his way like a parade. But Jinyoung just smiles cutely and leaned over to give Mark a kiss on the cheek. “My sleep was great, how about yours?” 
 
Smirking victoriously, Mark didn’t even know why he was being scared for when he knows perfectly that Jinyoung finds it really hard to get mad at him. Mark placed a hand on Jinyoung’s neck and pulled his husband’s face closer for a kiss on the younger’s inviting lips, “mine was beautiful, thank you for asking, sweetheart.” 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
“I love how you all took Mark as an excuse and just ditched all the paperworks here,” JYP commented as soon as he sees Jackson and Jaebum raised the fists to knock on the opened office door. 
 
“Hey, man!” Jackson cheered loudly before striding over and wrapped the Chief Commander in a hug to warm the man up in the coldness of the winter’s wind, even though they’re cozy inside. 
 
JYP cringed as he pulled Jackson away from him, “get yourself together. I’m sick of all of your bull. I heard Mark woke up.”
 
“He did, and he’s doing very fine,” Jaebum confirmed. “Jinyoung’s there so no worries.” 
 
“Good,” JYP nodded and smiled a little before his lips turned into a frown. 
 
Jackson noticed the hidden scowl and asked, “what’s wrong?” 
 
“The government is hitting a brick wall,” the older man informed. “They can’t dig any deeper.”
 
Jaebum and Jackson shared a knowing look. The two agents grinned excitedly. JYP quirked an eyebrow at the two youngsters. “What? You kids got something?” 
 
“Oh, not just something,” Jackson took off the backpack that he was wearing and ped it. “But many, many, many things.” 
 
Vice Captain Wang pulled out a very thick stack of newly printed papers. JYP titled his head as he crosses his arms against his wide chest. Jackson carried the stack over to the Chief Commander and carefully set it on the table in front of the authoritative man. JYP just stared suspiciously at the huge packet. He looked up at Jaebum, who flashed a confident smile. Trusting his best agent’s judgement, JYP flipped through the massive amount of papers. For a while, there was just the noise of paper kissing paper, but after what seemed like a good couple of pages, Chief Commander Park jaw dropped open and snapped back up at Jaebum. 
 
“W-what is this? How did… Where-“ JYP couldn’t help the overwhelming feeling he’s experiencing. “Where the did you find this?” He also couldn’t help but allowing his professional image to slip in the midst of pure surprise. 
 
Jackson grinned from ear-to-ear, throwing all his affections and proudness over Youngjae, hoping it gets received by the latter through the traveling of air. “All credits to Doctor Choi.” 
 
“Choi Youngjae?” 
 
“Yes,” Jaebum smiled, “he had a chip hidden in him with all those information that you’re seeing right now.” 
 
JYP furrowed his eyebrows, “you mean he took it out?” 
 
“Yes, sir,” Jackson said, voice low and laced with open sadness. “He was in a lot of pain.”
 
“I’ll make sure to pamper him later,” the Chief Commander promised as he went back to flipping, still completely astounded by the amount of top crucial information. “This is way more than enough to destroy the entire society and gets Gabsoo behind bars for the rest of his life.” 
 
“Exactly,” Jackson clapped his hands together, “so how are we going to do this?” 
 
With an enthusiastic wide grin, JYP’s eyes sparkled with newfound determination and fighting spirit, “first, I will have to call for an emergency meeting with the higher-ups.” 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
The last thing Gabsoo would expect was to be called into the Grand Hall’s meeting room. Only important meetings are held there. The Chief Commander fixed his wine red tie and smoothed out his blazer before opening the double doors and walked inside. Gabsoo took a look around at the people presented: all the Chief Commanders, the Authorities, the Elders, the Head Commanders, the Director, and of course, Special Unit G Captain, and E.C.I. Vice Captain. 
 
While politely bowing to everyone who’s seated in the huge meeting room, Gabsoo noticed the unusual atmosphere. He held his ground. Something is about to go down. And he’s right. 
 
“Kim Gabsoo,” the Director of K.N.S.S. was a capable young man of class, someone who was once been taken as a joke by many until he forced everyone in their places and showed what a Boss he is; Choi Seunghyun or often goes by T.O.P., which is fitting since he’s at the top peak within the K.N.S.S., had his hands pressed together with a piercing ice stare. “You are under arrested for the involvement of illegal trading, human trafficking, and cooperations with the Russian mafia as well as the underground society. On top of that, the kidnapping of Choi Youngjae, a government’s asset, and the attempt at murdering E.C.I. Captain Tuan are proven to be under your guidance. From this moment and onwards, anything you say or do can be hold against you. Objections?”
 
Gabsoo was baffled and utterly speechless. How has things turned out this way was beyond his understanding. “S-sir, I don’t comprehend…?
 
The Director slammed his fist down against the hard surface of the desk as his eyes shook with rage. “Until this point you’re still playing dumb?!” No one has ever seen the Director this angry before. “You’re a disgrace to our organization. I can’t believe a longtime agent like you has done nothing but stabbing us from the back. Do you NOT have any respect for this country anymore?!! You even went as far as trying to kill Captain Tuan? Did you forget that he belongs to the States? If he were to die in this country, even God wouldn’t be able to save all of our asses! This nonsense is unacceptable. You should be lucky that the government only decided to lock you away and not publicly hang your dumb-.” 
 
“H-have mercy on me! There must be a misunderstanding! Please! I beg you!” Gabsoo got on his knees in front of all the high presences in the room and cried out. “I’ve done nothing but bringing greatness to this country. I’ve served in honor and pride. There’s no way I could have done this! I’ve been framed! Please, believe me!” He panicked and pointed finger at his sworn enemy. “IT’S HIM! HE DID THIS! JINYOUNG PARK! YOU!” Gabsoo stood up from his kneeling pose and lashed out to attack JYP. 
 
“HOLD. HIM. DOWN.” The Director roared furiously as standby agents acted immediately on orders and got a hold of the now-marked criminal. “Kim Gabsoo, you’ve got the nerves to resort to this kind of inappropriate behavior in front of everyone here. You’re only making a fool out of yourself.” 
 
Out of the state of disbelief that he’s been exposed, Gabsoo fell onto his knees again, his hands started shaking. “H-how?? How di-did you do it? H-h-how! What is… W-what is Chairman Park?” 
 
Director Choi gripped tightly onto the stack of papers that sitting neatly in front of his eyes and threw it. The loose papers scattered all over the room’s floor, falling like leaves before Gabsoo’s red teary eyes. “Chairman Park has no time to waste on a scum like you. You should be thanking the Gods right now that he isn’t present. After all, you did tried to kill his husband. You should be ashamed of yourself for embarrassing us in front of the Chairman! DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU HOW MUCH POWER THAT MAN HOLDS ALONE? You are putting us ALL in jeopardy!” 
 
“Th-then how? HOW? I was discreet and careful with everything! There’s no possible way anyone, no matter how powerful they are, could have dis-discover t-this…” 
 
Scoffing, the Director rubbed a hand over his face in frustration. “So you’re admitting. And yet still have the audacity to think you’ve been throughout. What should I do? Should I praise you for being so secretive that all of us, but JYP, was fooled by you? Why, you think you’d put on a good show? You’re right. You did. But life’s a ing . When you kidnapped Choi Youngjae, I’m sure it slipped your mind that he holds the entire world of Hellhounds in his hands. If it weren’t for the Doctor’s brave actions, you would still be sitting in your office and continue living your scheme.”
 
“I knew it! I knew that bastard was on to something. I knew it… Why didn’t I… Kill him…” The former Chief Commander was now helplessly holing his tears. He’d hit a dead-end. This is it. “I should have… Oh, my God… I-I-I… All of you will soon regret this! I swear all of you will go down with me!!”
 
The Director nodded for Gabsoo to be dragged out of the room as the said man resisted at all cost while raising his voice, sprouting out threats and curses ejected with venomous intends. Sitting back down on his chair, the Director pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation. Even now, Seunghyun still doesn’t believe that one of his agent would pull something like this. But there were too many evidences to let it slide. 
 
“I apologize for the sudden summoning for everyone here,” Director Choi spoke up after a set period of silence where he collected his thoughts together. “This case is extremely sensitive, therefore, I hereby advice you all to not spoke about this outside of here. Let the government deals with it. K.N.S.S.’s part in this ends right now. Also, I would like you all to not mention a word to Chairman Park, even if he already knows. That is all. I’ll update on things to each of you personally when there’s something. Thank you for your time. You may all be dismissed.” 
 
No one said a word as they took turn bowing to their Boss and slowly piled out of the room. The Director watched all of his agents and landed his eyes on three specific ones. “Chief Commander Park, Captain Im, and Vice Captain Wang, I would like to speak with all of you, please.” 
 
The three that was called stopped on their tracks. They waited for everyone else to leave. Seunghyun offered, “have a seat.”
 
They all sat down. The tension in the room wasn’t as intense as it was supposed to be. It’s more like a neutral quietness. There was no exchange for a long while. Jackson started to fidgets in his seat, itching to open his mouth or do something. Jaebum also felt uncomfortable being in the same room as the Director, but he managed to keep his patience in check.
 
“How’s Doctor Choi, Captain Im?” The Director suddenly breaks the ice with his deep voice, nearly making JYP fell off his chair in surprise. 
 
“Y-yes?” Jaebum his lips nervously, “you were talking to me, sir?”
 
“Indeed, I was,” Seunghyun chuckled, “he’s your boyfriend, I heard?” 
 
Jaebum blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “Yes, he is. And he’s doing better, sir.” 
 
Smiling, the Director nodded, “that’s good to hear. I’ll personally visit him later this week. Is that all right with you?” 
 
“W-what… Of course, sir. You don’t have to ask me,” Jaebum furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as to why the Director would have to ask for his permission. 
 
“Well, I was just making sure. Don’t want a jealous boyfriend - who’s also considered the best agent in JYP’s Sector, to chase after me with a gun now - would I?” The Director let out a laugh, which was joined buy the other three agents own amusing chuckles. 
 
“I promise that will not happen, sir,” Jaebum smiled, starting to like his Big Boss’s personality. “I'll just have Jinyoung deal with you instead.” 
 
Looking half-genuinely horrified, the Director gasped, “oh, no, then I’m so sorry. But please, don’t let me face the Chairman Park. I’ve only met him once and it was outside of K.N.S.S. during his annual leave at the end of the year at a business party, and oh, my God, I was so scared of him and all he did was say “hello” with a little wave.” 
 
This got everyone laughing. Jackson nodded his head in complete agreement, “yeah! That’s Park Jinyoung.” 
 
Once the laughters died down, Seunghyun turned to look very apologetic, “I’m really sorry about what had happen. I feel like as a Director, I should have done better. I’ve put you all through so much. If I have known sooner, it wouldn’t ended up with a very important agent bedridden. Is Captain Tuan recovering okay?” 
 
“Don’t worry too much about it, Director,” JYP smiled weakly, “we’ve already done so much for the nation all by yourself. Don’t overly pressure yourself. Captain Tuan has already awake and currently in the care of Vice Captain Park. No need to dwell on it too much.” 
 
“That’s nice to hear after all these bad news,” the Director sighed. “I’ll make sure to stop by to pay respects to both Doctor Choi and Captain Tuan.” 
 
“Thank you, sir,” Jackson bowed on behalf of the E.C.I. and his friends. “We’re honored to be a concern of yours.” 
 
Nodding and with a smile, Seunghyun stood up, making all the others also leave their seats. “Well, I have a meeting to attend now. Again, thank you very much for all of your dedicated works. You all have done something great. Thank you.” 
 
The Director reached out his hand and shook hands with the three smiling agents. Before he opened the door and leave, Seunghyun turned around with a couple of final words. “Jackson, I hope you put in some good words about us in your report about Mark for the big guys over there, please, I really don’t wanna get killed. Jaebum, your mission is now officially completed. You can now have outside relationships, which I see you’ve already did. And Youngjae is now off the government’s watch-list, however, we will make sure the safety for him. Lastly, Jinyoung, please, please, please, tell the other Jinyoung that I still love my life very much and don’t wish for him to make it hard for me than it already is. Thank you, guys. I like y’all. Let’s all have a drink one day.” 
 
Grinning widely, the three agents shouted in unison, “yes, sir!” 
 
“Man, I’m tired as ,” Jackson said after the Director had left. 
 
“I want meat,” JYP scratched his nose, “wanna go get meat? My treat.” 
 
“OH. MY. GOD. YES!” Jackson exclaimed excitedly while jumping up and down. “I swear it’s been like a good three thousands decades since I’ve last eaten a piece of meat. I need more protein y’all. Let’s go!” 
 
“You guys can go ahead first,” Jaebum smiled, “I’ll see if Youngjae can go, too. He’s been whining about not liking the taste of hospital porridge.” 
 
“All right,” JYP clapped and rubbed his hands together, “and I’m guessing the Park-Tuan husbands aren’t coming?” 
 
Jackson scoffed but let a wide affectionate smile on his face, “they’re too busy ing. Let’s just leave them be. We can all have fun on our own.”
 
The Chief Commander laughed out loud along Jaebum. “Okay then. It’s just us four then. That’s okay. That’s enough people. So we’ll see you later, Jaebum?” 
 
“Yes, sir,” Captain Im patted his Boss’s shoulder, “you go with Jackson first and I’ll see y’all later with Youngjae.” 
 
“All right. See you then!” Jackson pulled Jaebum into a hug. “Thank God it’s over,” the blond male added as he sighs contently. 
 
Patting Jackson’s back, Jaebum shared the same sigh, “I know. Finally.”