t a n g o

OPERATION: LOVE

 

 

 

 
Four days went by like nobody’s business. Jackson had closed his eyes for a bit, and when he opened them again, the fourth day was here. Today’s the day; the day he’s sending his Captain, his good friend, off as lions' bait. But what can he do except for praying that Mark would return safely.
 
“Hyung,” Yugyeom called, “Jackson-hyung.” 
 
Snapping out of it, Jackson turned to face the youngest of Unit G. “What’s up, Yugyeom?” 
 
“I heard…” Yugyeom’s words trailed off.
 
Jackson nodded, “I know, Bambam did, too. And I’m grateful that you two didn’t tell anyone else.” 
 
“Is Mark-hyung really going? What about Jinyoung-hyung? Should he know?” 
 
“No, since this is still within the E.C.I.” Jackson sighed, hating Mark for sticking to goddamn protocols at a time like this, “no one else supposed to know, but you and Bambam are technically my bodyguards, so it’s best to have y’all in on what’s going on.” 
 
All Yugyeom did was nodded slowly. There’s really isn’t much anyone could do to prevent this or to stop Mark from going. Even JYP made a huge fuss about it, but still, Captain Tuan insisted. Then again, if anyone were to carry out this mission, it’ll only be Mark. He’s the best around and fit enough to do all this last minute. Jackson just hates the fact that Mark decided all by himself without having the care for others around him that will be affected by his rash decision. 
 
Though, when it comes down to it, nobody could really blamed Mark. He’s the one who’s hurting the most right now.
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
In another fifteen minutes and a couple of more paperworks, Jinyoung would be tidying up his desk and walks out his office and heads over to his husband’s before leaving for lunch with Youngjae. It’s a daily routine now that Mark works in the same facility, just a couple of doors down. 
 
Before Jinyoung could flip another page, a knock broke the silence of the room. The Vice Captain first reaction was to sighed loudly, emphasizing his annoyance. Everybody knows not to interrupt him when he’s busy. Everybody
 
“Step in here and I’ll cut your head off,” Jinyoung answered the knock with an eye-roll and irritated voice.
 
“I’ll see you try.”
 
The moment the fragrance of an all too familiar cologne waltzed itself by Jinyoung’s nose, he immediately looked up from his files, eyes widened in surprise. “Mark?” 
 
Mark casually walked in, ignoring the threat Jinyoung gave earlier, because let’s be real, Jinyoung is a softie for his husband. “You look fairly surprised,” the Captain said as he skipped the chairs and sat on the desk instead. 
 
Jinyoung reached his hand out and held onto Mark’s. “Well, it’s usually me who comes to you, but today’s different.” 
 
“Just misses you a bit,” Mark gave Jinyoung a warm smile. “Wanna have lunch with me? I’ve already called Youngjae, plus, he has a very clingy boyfriend to take care of now. You’re better off with me.” 
 
The Vice Captain looked at his husband for a bit, trying to detect the older’s suspicious behavior. Jinyoung has always been good at that. So of course, right away, he senses what’s wrong. They’ve been together too long to not notice tiny little things about each other. Although Mark has been extremely secretive these past days, Jinyoung knows. And right now, Jinyoung doesn’t like that sad look on his husband’s gorgeous face. 
 
“Something you maybe want to share, babe?” With his other hand, Jinyoung reached over and squeezed Mark’s thigh in comfort. 
 
Mark looked down at his husband’s soft loving eyes. They do understand each other too well, and sometimes, that isn’t really a convenient thing. He could look away so it wouldn’t be obvious. But he didn’t. Because Mark wanted to look at Jinyoung really good and careful, since he might not be able to again. Being a complete er for love, he didn’t stop a silent tear as it rolls down his face. “Nothing,” Mark said, “don’t worry about it.” 
 
Knowing Mark is lying is one thing, but seeing Mark sad to the point tears are spilt made Jinyoung wants to hate the world. Getting up from his seat, he headed over and wrapped Mark in a big hug. They didn’t say anything. No words were needed. The many long years they’ve pulled through together covered for all the unspoken words. 
 
“I don’t know what you’re doing, but please be careful,” Jinyoung mumbled into Mark’s messy pile of coffee-colored hair. “Remember I will always be here waiting for you, so come back to me, please.” 
 
Hugging his husband tighter, Mark said, “I love you.” 
 
“I love you, too.”
 
Pulling away from the hug, Jinyoung cupped Mark’s face and kissed the tears away. “Remember what I say and come back.” 
 
“I love you and thank you for everything,” Mark softly whispered as he leaned in for a kiss. 
 
Jinyoung’s heart breaks. Why does it sounds like he’s saying goodbye? 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
“Last call,” Jackson pleaded desperately, “you can stay right where you are right now.”
 
It’s about 9 p.m. and the entire E.C.I. gathered on top of a separated building of a minor branch of K.N.S.S. The helicopters were ready, their blades already whirring at an incredible speed. Agents were scurried around, half of them checking their weapons and headgears while the other half bid “goodbyes” and “good lucks.”
 
“I’m going, Jacks,” Mark finalized as he twirls his switchblade between his fingers expertly before tucking it inside his leather combat boots. 
 
Jackson sighed, “you’ve talked to your husband, best friend, and husband’s best friend yet?”
 
“Yeah, kind of,” Mark replied as he straightened his leather jacket. “Had lunch with Jinyoung.” 
 
Vice Captain Wang crossed his arms against his chest, watching his Captain getting ready. The blond agent wanted to give Mark an anesthesia so he could drag him back inside. As much as Jackson trusts Mark, he couldn’t bare seeing Mark leave while perfectly knowing that his chance of coming back is below thirty. There isn't anything Jackson could do even if he wishes to. Things have already gotten so far. Mark isn't going to back out now and leave his team hanging. It’s not what a good leader supposed to do. 
 
“I want to be the one to tell him if anything were to happen to you, can I?” Jackson asked, hands gripping tight onto the material of his jacket. Jinyoung would not take it well. 
 
“So he could take out his knife and slash your face to relieve his anger and sadness?” Mark scoffed. “Yeah, good luck with that.” 
 
“Really, Mark. Jinyoung could beat me to death and I’ll be satisfy because it’s my fault that I didn’t stop his beloved husband from walking into his own death.” 
 
Putting both of his hands on Jackson’s tensed shoulders, Mark stared into his friend’s eyes, “stop it. It’s not your fault. You couldn’t do anything anyways since I’m of a higher rank. Stop blaming yourself, Jackson. Let it go. Let me go.”
 
“ you, Tuan,” Jackson deadpanned, impossible to bring himself to glare at Mark without softening his eyes. 
 
“You’re sounding a lot like Jaebum there,” Mark let out a laugh. 
 
“MARK-HYUNG!” Bambam came running towards the two agents. “Chief Commander Park sends his regards.” 
 
Mark rolled his eyes, “right. And he wouldn’t come and send me off in person?” 
 
“He didn’t want everyone to see him cries,” Yugyeom appeared by Bambam’s side, “JYP said that.” 
 
The four of them stood there. A long silence passed by in between with the background noises of helicopters’ blades and strong whooshes of the chilly wind. Jackson wouldn’t admit it, but he’s holding back his tears. He can’t believe this is happening. His good friend of many years is going to leave and probably never comes back. How did everything came to this? How can fate be so cruel? 
 
Bambam was the first person to make the move and pulled all of them into a group hug. Mark smiles and lets the warmth engulfed him. Suddenly, he wants Jinyoung back in his arms again for the last time. 
 
“I have to go now,” Mark said, voice calm and soothing as if he afraid that if he appears anxious, his hands would shake and bad things would happen. 
 
“Good luck,” Jackson bid a weak smile, “you can do this.”
 
Yugyeom pulled Mark’s arm and leaned in to whisper into the Captain’s ear, “Jinyoung-hyung said he won’t forgive you if you left without a proper ‘goodbye,’ so if you’re leaving, make sure to come back and say ‘goodbye’ before you go. If you don’t, he doesn’t care where you are, he’ll hunt you down and makes you regret leaving him in the first place.” 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Jaebum scanned his ID onto the high-tech gadget that’s pinned against the metal doorframe of a special communication station located in the basement of K.N.S.S main headquarter. After the scanner carefully verified his identity, the doors slid open, revealing a huge lab with running agents and occupied computers. Jaebum walked in. The first thing that caught his eyes was the back of his Vice Captain.
 
The Captain smirked, “having fun?”
 
Jinyoung turns around and nodded a “hello.”
 
The Vice Captain has his arms crossed and face fixed on the huge screen that’s stretch out across half of the place. “I’m not stupid.”
 
“I know you’re not,” Jaebum sighed as he walked up the steps to Jinyoung, “I’m also not stupid. After Youngjae’s incident, I've learned to keep on eye out.”
 
Turning to his agent, who’s typing insanely fast on the keyboard, Jinyoung commanded, “pull up Mark Tuan’s phone.” 
 
Pausing for a bit, Min turned her head sideway, “isn’t Captain Tuan your husband, Vice?” 
 
“Pull. It. Up. Time’s ticking, Agent Lee,” Jinyoung demanded. 
 
Looking over to the Captain, Min’s face morphed into fear. Never had she heard her Vice Captain this serious. Jaebum just nodded for her to follow the order. So Min turned back around and quickly typed in some codes. After a few seconds, she spoke up, “it’s locked, sir.”
 
“Hack,” was all Jinyoung said.
 
“Are you sure, sir? It’s Captain Tuan’s-“
 
“Standing behind you is his husband. I’m sure Mark won’t blame you.” Jaebum pitched in, knowing that when Jinyoung’s angry and upset, he doesn’t like repeating himself. 
 
With a nod, Min did as she was told. But nothing came up except for a screen of text that reads:
 
 
 
I’m not stupid enough to leave my phone unprotected, right? Have fun trying to break in or find another way because this will take a while. Behave, babe. 
 
 
 
Jinyoung groaned and rolled his eyes, “how did I forget that my husband has a ing phD in Computer Science and could handwrite the entire system codes for hacking in less than three days.” 
 
“Min, try to locate Jackson Wang,” Jaebum ordered softly. “If we can’t get to Mark’s main, then we’ll just use the backdoor.” 
 
“Um, sir, Vice Captain Wang has been still for the past hours, there isn’t any movement. I think-“ a beep breaks out all of a sudden and Min sighed, “-and GPS signal lost.” 
 
Jaebum face-palmed, “they had this perfectly planned out, didn’t they? There’s not much we can do now. Mark is too smart. Min, just make sure that all communication wires are on. Answer all calls.” 
 
“Did he say anything to you, Jaebum?” Jinyoung asked after a minute of silence.
 
“Not much,” Jaebum replied, “mostly just remember to cook extras and bring them over for you.”
 
The Vice Captain scoffed, “you know, he couldn’t stop staring at me, and I just feel like .” 
 
Touching the white gold band that’s resting comfortably on his ring finger, Jinyoung cracked a small smile, “I’m still waiting, Mark. Come back."
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
The copters had landed about two hours ago. Mark had divided s into small groups and have them scattered around the area while his group takes the main building. From his hiding spot, using binoculars, he could see cars after cars of important people that’s been previously involved illegally entered the main entrance. Decided to wait out until midnight to strike, Mark readies his team and himself in the meantime. 
 
They didn’t wait for long until Gabsoo stepped out of a black Lamborghini. Mark immediately sat up from his previous position and ordered, “target detected. Everyone get in position.” 
 
Approvals flooded Mark’s headset. The Captain said, “we only have on chance. Let’s do this right and quick so we could all go home, yeah?” 
 
After giving a small prep talk, the teams were ready to move out, however, they still had a little of time left. Mark used the time to tell himself that everything will be fine. He closed his eyes and relaxed his shoulders. He’s an agent. He’s especially trained for this. He’s one of the best back in the U.S. and now the best in K.N.S.S. He could do this no matter how unprepared this whole entire operation is. If he’s careful, nothing would go wrong. 
 
Except something has to. 
 
Mark’s group moved first since they’re taking the main building. They went around and passed through the backdoors a little too easy for Mark’s nerves. His group members disrupted the security system, allowing specific entrances to be left wide open. Mark waited until all the groups had entered their respective spots before signaling for his group to continue moving forward. 
 
The agents walked quietly as they gripped onto their guns firmly. The hallway stretched out long with open glass windows. They changed position and started crouching. Mark left from being in the front to following behind in the back, a small device in his hands as his fingers work on disabling the building’s cameras. Everything went smooth so far, but it only makes Mark grew even more anxious. He could feel that something does not sit right. 
 
Something definitely wasn’t right. 
 
It didn’t came to Mark that there were too many cars and people to be a private meeting between Gabsoo and two leaders of the largest organizations. He’ll be damn. 
 
“ing hell,” Mark muttered under his breath. He quickly halted his team into a stopping point. 
 
But then they’re basically trapped, all the groups were in too further into the building now. It’ll be hard to get out. Mark didn’t think he made a mistake, because he didn’t. So, something is really going on for them to switch the date of the meetings. Too late to realize that now. 
 
Suddenly, shots were fired and Mark quickly checked with his groups through his headset. No one from their team fired. Confused but still remained composed, Mark crawled up to the front of the line and told everybody behind him to exit carefully back to where they came in from. His team members refused to leave their Captain alone.
 
“You have to go so at least some of you survive to call Jackson,” Mark reasoned. “We’re ed, guys. Abort mission. This is now the Baby Bird that we have been prepared for next month.” 
 
Sure, Operation Baby Bird was well planned and accurate, but it was meant for a huge team consisting of the whole E.C.I and JYP’s Units. The situation right now isn’t exactly ideal. There’s only Mark and half of the E.C.I. With this little agents, they can’t pull through a war against the entire underground society and Russian mafias. The responsibilities rest upon Mark’s shoulders. His goal now is to get his agents out of here as soon as possible. 
 
More gunshots were heard. Mark is now hiding inside a secluded room, but he could hear the loud rumbling of footsteps making contact with the floor. Reports came in and Mark made sure that none of the fires were from his agents. After a little waiting, Mark contacted one of the group leader.
 
“What’s going on, Thomas?” 
 
“Sir, from my position it looks like they’re shooting each other.”
 
They?”
 
“Yes, sir. Seems like there’s been a dispute.”
 
“,” Mark breathed. “It’s even more harder to get out now.” 
 
“Most of us are already out waiting for you, sir. The groups we’re waiting for is Tyler’s and Kaya’s.” 
 
“, are they stuck?” 
 
“We’ve lost connection with them, sir.” 
 
Mark hits his head back against the wall, cursing, “someone connects me to Jackson right now.” 
 
“It’ll take awhile, sir, but we’ll try our best,” Thomas said, hoping to somewhat reassure his Captain who’s still trapped inside. 
 
Disconnecting from Thomas, Mark sighed. He can’t believe he’s caught in a crossfire of angry criminals. There were a lot of noises outside and Mark didn’t trust enough to creak open the door. He was going to wait patiently. But the door suddenly was yanked open, revealing a foreigner. Mark acted quick and grabbed the man and pulled him inside, shutting the door. 
 
They battled it out. The man was twice Mark’s size and dressed in a black suit with a knife in his big hand. Mark runs along the wall and dropkicked the man. Taking advantage of the man’s confusion, Mark quickly disarmed him and reached down to his boots to take out his switchblade. If there’s anyone who knows how to use knives masterfully and beautifully, it would be Mark. 
 
Being smaller and quicker, Mark spun and slash the foreigner on his wrist, deep enough that blood were oozing out as the man let out a deep groan. Twirling his bloodied knife, Mark took a wide step to the left and kicked his opponent on the back knees, causing the man to immediately crumbled down onto his knees. With another slash, Mark perfectly cut open the man’s throat. The agent wiped off the blood onto his arm and tucked the blade back inside his boots. 
 
Mark went back to his position by the door and waits. There were so many fires of shells and screams that Mark didn’t hear Jackson’s first couple “hello’s.”
 
“MARK! MARK! WHAT’S GOING ON?” Jackson yelled through Mark’s earpiece, making the Captain cringed in discomfort. “Why did Thomas called me while panicking??”
 
“Jacks,” Mark sighed, “we’re ed.”
 
“WHAT?! No. No. Mark, tell me what’s going on-“
 
“They ing switched the date, and now we’re stuck in the middle of a crossfire. I’m trapped inside this room and can’t come out because they’re shooting each other outside. Come pick me up, Jacks.”
 
“O-okay. H-hang-hang in there, okay? I’m coming. Don’t die, Mark,” Jackson’s voice was shaky with all possible feelings of fear. 
 
“Jackson Wang,” Mark called. “Calm down. Stay calm and come get me. You can’t panic. You’re the Vice Captain. E.C.I.’s Captain isn’t present, so you’re in charge. Calm down.”
 
“I can’t stay ing calm when I can literally hear guns’ rounds going off!” Jackson shouted. “Please, stay put, Mark. We’re coming. We’ll take you home. Mark, everybody is waiting for you.” 
 
“I know,” Mark smiled, “just hurry up, okay? It’s all right. Calm down. You can-“
 
A loud boom cuts through and Mark felt the ground and walls shook violently as pieces of the building came crashing down. 
 
“MARK? WHAT WAS THAT? WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?” Jackson was now screaming.
 
,” Mark cursed his horrible fate, “there’s explosives in this building and it’s going off.” 
 
“MARK-“
 
Another explosion erupted and the connection was cut. Mark couldn’t hear Jackson anymore. And Jackson couldn’t hear Mark anymore. The agent tried to contact Thomas but nothing was working. His headset was useless now. Frustratedly, he ripped it off and threw it to the pile of blood that’s still spilling from the dead man’s throat. 
 
He has to move before the building’s going bury him alive. 
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Ambulances after ambulances came pouring out of the nation’s largest hospital’s garage after the call from an agent reporting a huge explosion of a building on the border of Seoul. Paramedics were piling into the huge vehicles. Doctors and nurses stayed back at the hospital and busied themselves getting ready for immediate operations. Only a couple of doctors were forced to go, since it was reported that there were a lot of people within the building.   
 
Youngjae being one of them. 
 
The doctor had no idea what was going on, except for the fact that he was suddenly called in on an emergency. Youngjae was at home, getting ready for bed, since Jaebum excused himself first, saying he had an important assignment to do. He was already asleep, but the ringing of his phone completely woke him up. Youngjae had to dress in record time and was out the door before it even hits five minutes after the call. 
 
When Youngjae arrived, Sana had filled in on the information of the report to him. After hearing that the call was made from a British-accented E.C.I. agent of the K.N.S.S., Youngjae’s body couldn’t relax and nerves won’t calm down from then. 
 
Sitting in the largest ambulance, Youngjae silently told himself that it would be fine and that they’ll get there on time to save everyone. Youngjae keep chanting and hoping and doing everything he could to get his mind off the thought of Mark being blown into pieces. 
 
He wants to call. He wants to call Jinyoung and tell his best friend about it. But he couldn’t. Youngjae could barely move his limps. He felt so tired and deprived. He was just hopelessly sitting there. 
 
The vehicle finally came to a stop after what felt like a two hours drive. Youngjae waited anxiously for the paramedics and senior doctors to exit first before leaving the ambulance himself. As soon as the building came into view, all the air stayed stuck at Youngjae’s throat. He couldn’t breathe. He couldn’t believe what was happening in front of him.
 
The once extravagant standing building was now in a mess of metals and smokes. It was collapsing floor by floor. Yet, there were still bombs going off.
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
 
Jinyoung couldn’t stop shaking. Min had managed to hacked into a conversation between Jackson and Mark. And now Jinyoung couldn’t think straight or stop himself from shaking. Jaebum was speechless since the call. None of them have moved since then. 
 
JYP, as on cue, entered the place with a great amount of agents behind him. Jaebum turned around and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
 
“What are you doing?” Jaebum asked.
 
“From this hour on,” Chief Commander Park announced, “no one is allowed to leave this place.”
 
Jaebum stared at his Boss in disbelief. Clearly, JYP was specifying that ’no one’ to Jinyoung, who’s still standing lifeless. 
 
“You can’t do that!” Jaebum shouted, his voice echoed through station. Then, it damned on the Captain. The place was empty. Even Min was gone. There’s only Jinyoung and Jaebum, and now JYP and his agents who are guarding outside. Inside, there were only them three. 
 
“I can do what I want, Agent Im,” JYP said in his controlling Chief Commander’s voice. 
 
Sighing in vex, Jaebum quits arguing with his Boss and turned to Jinyoung. “Hey, it’s okay, Jin-“
 
Jinyoung’s phone went off and the Vice Captain immediately picked up as if he was waiting for that call. 
 
“MARK!” Jinyoung screamed. “Where-where are you, baby?” His voice softens in desperation. 
 
Both Jaebum and JYP focused their entire attention to Jinyoung. 
 
“I’m here, Jinyoung-ah, but I don’t know where I am,” Mark replied. “Listen, I only have some seconds, maybe minutes, if I’m lucky. I want to call and let you know that I love you a lot and that you should take care of yourself-“
 
Rapid firings of gunshots were heard and Jinyoung panics, “are you okay?! Mark, what’s going??! Please tell me you’re okay.. Please. Mark, you have to come back to me. Or… Or I won’t forgive you. Please, please, please, baby, come back, please…”
 
“Ssshh, calm down,” Mark’s voice suddenly dropped to a whisper and Jinyoung could only assume that his husband is currently in hiding, which means those gunshots were directed at Mark. “I’m here, so calm down, okay? I love you.” 
 
“You don’t have to do this, Mark,” Jinyoung said, his voice shaking and he just wants to cry. “You didn’t have to do this. Why didn’t you tell me? Why?”
 
“Because you’ll worry and I don’t like seeing you worry.”
 
“That’s a stupid reason.” 
 
“I know, baby,” Mark cooed lovingly; Jinyoung could feel his husband’s smile through the line. “But I love you so it’s okay.”
 
“You’re an idiot.”
 
“Come on, my prince, say…” Mark was silent for awhile before Jinyoung heard a sniffle over the line, “say you love me, too. Let me hear you say it for the last time, baby.” 
 
Jinyoung covered his mouth as tears rolled down his cheeks, “n-no. I don’t wan-want to.” 
 
“Why not?” 
 
“Because I don’t like saying it through the phone. Wouldn’t hearing it in-in per-person be better?” 
 
Mark smiled silently, “yeah, you’re right. It would. Then, I can kiss you afterwards.” 
 
Jinyoung didn’t say anything for a good minute. He was too busy trying to cry without making any obvious sounds, because he knows at times like these, Mark would worry if he hears Jinyoung cries. 
 
Finally, Jinyoung took a deep breath. “I love you. I love you. I love you. I ing love you so ing much. Mark, I only love you and I’ll love you forever and ever. Come here. Come here and I’ll hold you in my arms and tell you I love you for as many times as you want. Just come here, Mark.” 
 
“Thank you, Jinyoung. I love you, too. I love you too much, sweetheart. How nice would it be to kiss you right now.” 
 
“Come here and I’ll kiss you,” Jinyoung said. 
 
“I can’t, baby,” Mark replied.
 
“No, don’t say that, Mark-“
 
“I love you, Park-Tuan Jinyoung,” Mark said as he exhaled softly. “Goodbye, Jinyoung.” 
 
And the line went off. 
 
“No… No, no, no, no. NO. MARK, YOU CAN’T DO THIS. MARK. Mark. Mark, please, pick up, Mark. Don’t leave me. You can’t leave me like this, please, please…. How am I supposed to live without you. Answer me, Mark,” Jinyoung didn’t care anymore. He lets all his tears run free as he cries in desperation. “Baby, please… One more time. Let me hear your voice one more time, Mark. Please…” 
 
JYP turned away from the scene. His heart was breaking as he watches his agent kneeling on his knees and begging for his husband to answer. 
 
“NO,” Jinyoung quickly stands up. “He needs me. My husband needs me. I-I have to go. I have to go to him. Mark needs me…” 
 
Chief Commander instantly turned back, “you are not leaving this place, Agent Park. I advise you to stay collected and patient.”
 
Jinyoung ran down from the high ground he was standing on and charged determinedly towards the door. Jaebum snapped out of his trance and quickly followed Jinyoung and grabbed his Vice Captain from behind.
 
“You can’t, Jinyoung, calm down!” Jaebum shouted as JInyoung began resisting with great force. 
 
“LET ME GO! I CAN’T JUST SIT AND DO NOTHING WHILE MY HUSBAND IS GETTING HIS HEAD BLOWN OFF! LET. ME. GO.” Jinyoung screamed, angry with overwhelming rage. 
 
“NO! CALM DOWN.” Jaebum didn’t let go, instead, he held on more tighter. “You’re just going to get yourself hurt, Jinyoung, stop it.” 
 
“LET ME GO!” Jinyoung thrashed and started throwing punches. Jaebum struggled to grab his wrists, forcing a feral Jinyoung into submission. It was hard since Mark was the only one who’s able to do it easily. A skilled Vice Captain like Jinyoung took great advantage of his combat skills and fought head on. 
 
JYP was tired of seeing Jaebum struggling, the man came over and attacked from behind. He delivered a kick hard against the back of Jinyoung’s legs, causing the said agent to fall down due to the impact, probably broke some minor bones. 
 
“Please…” Jinyoung’s eyes were dead and empty, “let me go, please… He needs me… He…” 
 
Jaebum kneeled down and pulled his friend’s wobbling body against his own. Hugging Jinyoung tightly, Jaebum tried to hold on. “I know, Jinyoung, I know. It’s okay, Jinyoung-ah. It’s okay. Everything will be okay.” 
 
Jinyoung grabbed tightly onto Jaebum and cried out in pain. He couldn’t stop the overflowing amount of emotions that’s leaving his body through his tears. He just wants to cry and cry forever and not have another care about the world. 
 
What is his world without Mark? 
 
Jaebum thought he could do it. Being the Captain, he had to stay strong no matter what. So, he did. Or at least tried to. He really did. But his efforts came to a waste when he saw Jinyoung’s face and hears the desperate cries that’s leaving his Vice Captain’s mouth. Jaebum couldn’t anymore. 
 
“It’s okay… It’s going to be-“ Pulling Jinyoung tighter against himself, Jaebum buried his face into his broken Vice’s hair and allowed his own cries to mix with Jinyoung's, because he knows, nothing is going to be okay.