chapter 45: A Frail of Hope

I'm Not Your Girlfriend!

'When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am'

IRIS - googoodolls

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Oh' was the only word soomi could say at the moment. After hearing everything about chaemi, their relationship in the past and how she left hoya for America, a sudden jolt filled soomi's heart.

She left him before breaking up... Does that mean hoya still loves her now?

Soomi sighed deeply before narrowing her eyes out of the window. "Hoya really loves you" myungsoo said in a low, husky voice. soomi eyes travelled back to him. she paused.

He did?  for a moment her heart started to thump faster. but then she thinks about the contract and all her hopes fell. No, he didn't love her. It was just a pure act...

"Cheer up noona! you're way better than chaemi noona!" sungjong patted her back gently with affection "ne" soomi answered shortly as she smiled at him but none knew how her heart flinched at the mention of chaemi.

Soomi... why are you being like this?

A sudden phone call breaks the silence "ah anyeonghaseyo" soomi started "ne?" her brows lifted up with surprised "n-now?" she gawked. Myungsoo, seungyeol and sungjong quickly noticed the caller's identity

"Ne" soomi smiled a little, her eyes softened "but what's with the sudden----" before she could continue, hoya had hung up. Soomi made a face and sighed.

"It's hoya hyung isn't it?" Sungjong eyes went sly as a fox. Soomi tried hard to avoid that conversation but a blush on her face caused the boys to even more "hahaha we know it!" seungyeol chukled while pointing at her reddened face

"i-i gotta leave now" soomi tucked on her bag and stood up. just then, seungyeol began coughing "erhm.. hoya's waiting erhm" he said between the coughs. soomi rolled her eyes and glared at him "you seriously talk much"

seungyeol backed off and finished with a smile "easy girl" he said, leaning on his back. myungsoo and sungjong laughed at the two "oh well... duty's call! let's talk some other time noona!" sungjong beamed.

soomi gave him an okay sign and left.

-----

she walked out to the dark, breezy nigh with her thoughts full. She was wondering what the man had to say. Maybe an apology? or maybe an explanation? she brushed her hands together to keep her body warm from the cold weather and kept walking.

Soomi took small footsteps towards the park and smiled when she finally spotted a figure.

A man leaning his back on the graffitti walls. His eyes were not focused but she was sure he was thinking about something that he didn't noticed her there. With a little hope, Soomi approached him. "What do you want to talk about?" she started, waving a hand in front of his face

Hoya's long face turned startled "oh you scared me" he said in a rather straight tone. soomi huffed and leaned her back on the wall. "so...?" soomi tone went questioning

there was a small silence. hoya's eyes were glued on the bleak, darkened sky. he opened his lips a little and shut it again. "y-yah! i'm talking to you" soomi folded her arms and glowered at him. his expression didn't change. it was long enough until hoya decided to talk.

"it's kinda cold... let's talk inside" he said, began to lead her inside his car. soomi awkwardly followed him. what's with him today? she questioned herself.

she didn't know why but there's a little screetch on her heart. a glint of weariness flooded her thoughts.

as the two sat inside the car, hoya didn't bother to turn on the engine or start a conversation. the two only sat down with their eyes avoiding each other. soomi looked out to her left and saw the reflection of hoya on the window. she inwardly bit her lips.

she finally gave up the awkward silence and turned at hoya. "if you're going to waste my time like this, it's better that i leave"

slowly, hoya's eyes fell on her. his eyes were expressionless. "yeah you should"  he said shortly. soomi gaped at the short, cold reply. "w-what?"

"i'm taking back the contract" hoya said with a straight face. soomi was waiting for a continuation but there wasnt any. his voice was low and deep with no hint of joke in his tone.

soomi had been waiting for that sentence from the day hoya make that damn contract but the ironic thing is that, she didn't feel happy about it now that she heard it. not a slight bit.

her lips went shuddering "w-what?" she asked again, slowly almost whispering. soomi tried to laugh "ahaha.. you're trying to scare me so that you can see me terrified at that joke? well, that's not going to happen" she said in a joking way. she was expecting hoya to say 'you got me' but he only stayed quiet.

Soomi's face fell as hoya pulled his gaze away and stared blankly at the steering wheel in front of him.

"no. It's because you wanted it. I guess i'm just granting your wish"

with that, soomi clenched her fists and bit her lips. she wanted to take it all back and said no to him. but those words wouldn't come out. "arent you happy?" hoya asked with a little snort

"i-i..." soomi furrowed her brows, unable to word her feelings.

"oh.. you're so happy that you couldn't even talk?" he ask with sarcasm in his tone. soomi eyes rounded in fury "what?" she whispered

"listen, my fiancee is waiting. let's end it here. let's not meet--------" before he finishes, a quick slap went down his face. hoya slowly traced back his eyes to her. a slow regret came late.

he watched as soomi eyes were flooded with water and spotted a hint of dissapointment in her eyes. as she couldn't take it anymore, the water began to pour in.

she wasn't bawling and that's what makes it worse. the girl wiped her tears away "Youre the worst, hoya" she said in a low, betrayed tone. hoya's eyes fell but he tried hard not to show it.

she forced open the locked door and get out of the car. once again, she looked back at hoya with a frail of hope, hoping that the boy would say something to hold her back. but he didn't. gulping down in dissapointment, soomi began running away from him.

hoya's heart felt like it had been torn in pieces. his eyes went full of regret "mianhae soomi," he slowly muttered under his breath "mianhae".

he watched her slowly fading back and cant help but wishing that he wasn't even alive right now. When soomi was out of sight, hoya began throwing tantrum and lose control.

he still can potrays her wattery eyes as it starred into his'. his breathing became rapid with glower "damn!" he cussed.

to be continued...

just then, a screeching noise catched his ears. the sound of car brakes mixed with frictions. well, it was a common noise to be heard at a metropolitan city moreover at nights. but something else started a fire in his heart, something else was uncommon.

there was a loud, long scream trailing back to him. a fearful noise that torned his heart.

as the noise hitted him, he quickly darted out of the car with his fingers crossed. but when he came out of the car and turned around, he can't help but falling on his knees.

"this can't be happening..." he muttered with his eyes wide open.

------------------------------------------

a/n:

sorry for the late update! i've got a lot of exams and homeworks :/

as usual, i hope it didnt dissapoint and i would like to thank the readers for supporting me..

i'm sorry! *bows down*