chapter 19: `Neo.. Gwenchana?`

I'm Not Your Girlfriend!

"oppa is always here, soomi. I'm always here.."

that single sentence soothed into her ears, slowly melting her heart. soomi opened her eyes slightly as the city lights crashed into her eyes. she hid herself in l.joe's firm arm, she shivered. the more she wanted to forget, the more she remembers. she gripped onto his blue sleeves slowly, l.joe looked at her. she was pale as tears rolled down her cheek. l.joe wrapped his hands around her "gwenchana.. there's no more blood" he wiped the tears in her eyes softly and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Soomi!" a voice called, loud but full of concern. soomi tilted her head and saw the man running towards her "hoya-sii.." her voice trembled, she quickly shook l.joe's hand from hers *if he sees me with l.joe oppa again he'll be mad*

hoya stopped and eyed l.joe, giving him a cold expression, he then looked at soomi, his expression softened a bit "neo.. gwenchana?" he approached her "sorry.." she mumbled, looking down

"geurae.. you should be sorry. you're so clumsy, you know that?" he said coldly and sighed then flicked her forehead

"ow!" soomi rubbed her forehead and pouted "that hurts!" she complained.

l.joe only looked from the sides, feeling left out "soomi.." when l.joe opened his mouth and about to reach for her but before he does, hoya has done it first. soomi's heart stopped for a moment when hoya reached for her hand.

"aish.. you're one clumsy girl" hoya intertwined their hands "let's go back.. everyone's waiting for us" hoya said as he pulled her away from l.joe, she looked back to l.joe and gave him an apologetic smile then to hoya. soomi didn't struggle, yet, she wasn't even shouting at him like before.

l.joe noticed the slightly blushing face of soomi when hoya held her hand, he sighed but didn't say anything and followed behind.

*soomi-ah.. what do you really think of him? is he really your boyfriend?*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"soomi!~ i'm soo worried~" jieun leaped onto soomi's embrace as she sobbed "mian.. " she said slowly. "okay.. now everyone is here, right?" ms. lee asked, the students checked the crowd for any missing person "ne!" the students cheered "okay let's have dinner, we're going to eat at a famous yakiniku restaurant!" the teacher smiled, leading the kids inside the bus. "you guys haven't eat dinner yet?" soomi asked sunggyu and jieun, they both shook their head *great. i'm the only one who's full* soomi sighed.

the restaurant wasn't far, it only took about 10 minutes from the meeting point before. "soomi wake up" jieun shook her sleeping friend "euhm..?" soomi opened her eyes slowly "we've arrived" jieun beamed and pulled her hand "wait.. i want 5 more minutes.." soomi nagged, clinging onto her backpack, not even trying to stand up "soomi~" jieun complained, she began to tickle her "hahhahhahaah stoppp jieunnn!" soomi burst into laughter as she tried to dodge jieun's tickles "okay okay i'm up i'm up" soomi quickly jumped out of her seat "i knew this would work" jieun beamed "meanie" soomi pouted, following jieun out the bus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"oishiiii~"  jieun squaled as she shoved in her yakiniku beef, giving some to soomi "no.. i'm kinda full" soomi rejected with a smile, jieun puffed her cheek but then shoved in another spoonful into . *what am i going to do with this..* soomi fiddled her spoon. her eyes locked at the bowl of soup in front of her, not even trying to take a sip.

"are you going to eat or not?" a voice mumbled, soomi tilted her head to her left to see the owner of the voice "euh? oh hoya sii.." hoya pulled out the chair and sat on the empty seat beside her. he took in 2 plates of food and placed it on the table.

soomi eyed the two full plates of the various "you're going to finish that all?" she asked "i'm not eating this alone" hoya smiled as he pushed one plate towards her "euh?" soomi eyes widened "eat. i don't want you to be sick" he demanded

"but i'm kinda full.." soomi pouted "what did you eat? air?" he scoffed "no! i'm not lying! i've eaten already.." she pushed the plate back to hoya "eat! i take these for you" he pushed back the food to soomi, soomi looked at him annoyed "don't you hear me? i said i've eaten!" she huffed

"when?" hoya asked, soomi didn't answer "oh.. you're finding food when you were lost? wait--- is that the reason you got seperated from us?" hoya widened his eyes in disbelief

"ani!---- i was just.. looking for something" soomi said defensively  "you choose food over me?!" he put on a face, soomi only rolled her eyes *there's no point talking to him*

suddenly a plate of fruits landed infront of her. It was not from hoya, not from jieun nor sunggyu. she turned around "l.joe oppa?" l.joe gave her a smile "fruits after dinner?" he raised his eyebrow as soomi smiled

"this is alright i guess.. gomawo" soomi grinned. l.joe smiled to her and then walked towards the table next to her, sitting with ms. lee.

hoya made a face "you eat the one he gave you and reject mine?!" he glared "but the food he gave me is lighter than that" she innocently blinked and pointed to the plate full of meat hoya offered her earlier.

hoya had his pride to keep "pfft.. araeso. it's not like i'll give it to you" he stuck his tongue out

"but it's not what you told me earlier~" soomi

"i take it back, eo?" he pulled the plate full of meat he was about to her and start to chomp into it. *i was being nice and she treats me like that?!* hoya angrily ate the food, soomi only giggled *babo*

"you're jealous?" she teased. hoya suddenly choked himself "you must be so jealous, then" soomi giggled as she passed him water, he quickly drink the water.

"i'm not jeal---" soomi shot him a disapproving look "okay okay i'm jealous.. " he cupped the back of his neck and looked away, soomi only giggled "you're weird" she said

"i'm not! pfft.. and you!" hoya nagged "me?" soomi pointed herself "yes.. you. now look what've you done.. i'm so hungry i think i'm going to eat all the food here! you don't know how hungry i am when i'm looking for you" he complained, soomi smiled "jinja?" she poked him "you did?" hoya was loss at words

"a.. ani! i was just joking! don't take it seriously! why should i search for you? that l.joe whor---" he coughed when soomi shot him glare ".. l.joe guy would be the one doing that" he acted he didn't care, crossing his hands

"pftt.. geurae.. why would you search for me? you're happier without me" soomi said, feeling a bit pissed as she shoved in the fruits. *what am i expecting?* she sighed. hoya peeked at her once in a while

*she didn't believe me? she didn't know how worried i am* hoya felt a bit annoyed but then he tried to act cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that night, soomi can't even sleep. she kept getting nightmares as she sweats. "akkhh!" soomi yelped, sitting straight in her bed. her eyes fluttered open in terror, sweat rolling down the sides of her face.

the bloody dream was just... crazy. soomi panted and put a hand over her accelerating heart, trying to calm herself down. *i don't think i can sleep tonight..* 

she went out of bed and decided to walk outside, grabbing her brown cardigan and put it on. she creaked the door knob open slowly and looked back to the sleeping jieun. she tiptoed outside, closing the door behind her as quiet as possible.
 
soomi walked outside the hotel, she sat on the bench just below the dim streetlights. she lifted her feet to her chest as she leaned her head to her knee, shuffling the songs in her phone.

she kept remembering things she wanted to forget. her memories came rushing through her mind as she began to tremble

"soomi..?" a soothing voice called, it was l.joe "is that you?" soomi didn't move, her lips were shaking.

the boy swiftly ran beside her as he shook her, trying to get her back to the reality "soomi! neo gwenchana?!" he yelled. cold sweat ran down her face.

she unplugged her earphone slowly "oppa.." she began to cry "soomi!" l.joe shook her shoulders, but it didn't work. he quickly hugged her. he knew it was the only way to stop her from her tears, l.joe sighed. soomi stopped crying as she look at l.joe, almost expressionless

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

he went back inside with soomi, he wrapped her in his black leather jacket and sat her on the hotel lobby "wait here.." he said, walking away.

soomi eyed him then to the clock. the silence was peaceful, she could even hear the clock ticking away. after a few minutes, l.joe came back with a hot chocolate "here.. drink this" he offered her the drink. soomi slowly take the drink away from him and faked a smile "gomawo.."

"why aren't you sleeping?" he started to talk, soomi didn't look at him and only sip on her drink "nightmares.." she said slowly "you still can't forget it?" he patted her head, soomi only stayed silent

"you should forget it.. it's not very nice to keep such bleak memory" he said to her, soomi only nodded ".. and your phobia.. you should get through it by now. it's been years" soomi looked at him and sighed "i hope i could.. but i.. couldn't" she looked at the ground *it's too hard*

soomi blankly looked to the clock *1 am..* then look at l.joe "aren't you sleepy?" she asked slowly "you know my insomnia habbits" he smiled

"oh.. it's happening again?" soomi sighed "it must be hard for you, oppa" she said concernly

"thankyou for worrying me.. but it should be me worrying about you. you and your phobia" he looked at her "you know oppa is always here right?" he asked, soomi nodded

"you know oppa can protect you, right?" he asked again, she nodded faster

"then trust me. i'm going to make sure your phobia is cured" he smiled. soomi's lips curled into a soft smile, finishing her hot chocolate *i wonder what is this warm feeling...*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in a matter of minutes, soomi fell asleep on l.joe's shoulder. l.joe looked at her innocent sleeping face and smiled.  he slid the room card from her hand, looking at the room number and head for the lift. he carried soomi on his back slowly, trying not to wake her up *406.. 406..* he walked through the hallway, peeking back to soomi oftenly, making sure she was soundly asleep.

he creaked the door open slowly *sorry for barging in..* he bit his lips as he lay soomi down slowly on her bed. then a sound of bed sheet startled him as he looked to his left, her roomate is still asleep.

l.joe sighed relieved *i thought her roomate is awake* he felt his life reduced by 100 years just by the thought of the girls waking up, screaming at him calling him a ert *thanks GOD it didn't happen* l.joe shook his crazy thought off.

he quickly tiptoed out of the room, peeking back to the sleeping girl *good night, soomi*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comment please! (:
Hoya vs L.joe! tell me what you think about it! :D
forgive grammar mistakes *bows down*
thanks for reading <3 *hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~