Chapter 29

Times To Love Again

Un-beta

Chapter 29

 

By morning Yunho hadn’t spoken to Jaejoong hiding away in his office most for the night. He opened the door to his bed  to find Jaejoong was still asleep on the bed, in his eyes, Jaejoong looked exhausted. Yunho couldn’t help but feel ashamed of himself when he looked at Jaejoong He hadn’t meant to say that to Jaejoong but the stress of the day was catching up with him. He just didn’t want Jaejoong to worry about the issue. It wasn’t like he could stop it if even If he tried. He changed his clothes quietly before leaving the room. Checking on his son sound asleep with his plushie tightly in his hand along with a drawing,” Yunho took it from his son’s bed; this was what Karam wanted to show him. His heart melted. “Appa sorry Karam, Appa was just stress. I’ll make it up to you later….” Yunho brushed his hand through Karam's hair.

Yunho was at the door when his father walked from the kitchen. “were you off to?”

“The Office….

“It’s the weekend.” He told him, it was only half six.

“There a problem I need to fix at the office.” Yunho told him, “I should be back around noon. Can you tell Jaejoong?”

“I can tell him, but I think he’d rather hear it from you…..”

“I dough that after what I said to him yesterday, I’ll be lucky if he even wanted to speak to me,” Yunho told his father.  It wasn’t a lie everyone in the house knew of the argument between the two.

“Don’t leave it to long Yunho…..,”

“I won’t.” Yunho was out the door before anything else was said. His father shaking his head as his mother left the kitchen.

“He really takes after you dear….,” She told her husband as the made their way back to the kitchen.

****

The sound of a loud thump and rolling down the stair woke Jaejoong up from sleep. He was up in seconds when he heard loud cries reaching his ears. Screaming, “Karam….. “he called as he ran from the bedroom, his eyes caught the gate at the top of the stairs which was left ajar. His eye travelled down the stair to the gate at the bottom. Karam was there screaming his lungs out. People coming from all direction Jaejoong ran down taking Karam into his arm, it was obvious he’d fallen down. Jaejoong freaked checking Karam as he screaming. “I need to take him to A&E…” Jaejoong saw the large lump forming on Karam's head. “It’s okay Karam…. I’ve got you, you’re going to be okay.” Jaejoong told him as he blows on the lump. Everyone was running around all wondering who left the gate opened.

Jaejoong was in hysteretic when Karam was taken from him in the emergency room. It didn’t matter that Yunho parents were with him, he felt lost and responsible , “I-I should call Yunho?”

“Allow me…dear…”

“No, it’s better if I do…it” Jaejoong walked away from Yunho family lost he took the phone from his pocket dialling Yunho number. He bit his lip wondering how he could tell Yunho. The second Yunho picked up he was apologising to him. Yunho didn’t understand why.

“K-Karam…” Jaejoong could barely get a sentence out without bursting into tear but he managed. “Karam… he had a fall…. The g-gate…” Yunho ran from his office the second he heard Jaejoong. Hurrying to his car, Jaejoong told him he was in the hospital.

****

When Yunho arrived he was out to break, he was told his son was in the children ward that was where he found Jaejoong sitting next to a small bed which his son occupied. He looked so small, but Jaejoong looked worse so worried and sad. Jaejoong was holding Karam small hand as he slept.

“Yunho you’re here….?” Yunho turned.

“What happen he asked….?”Yunho asked, “Will he be okay….

“His arm broken, but it only a small fracture and a bump to his head. But in not serious…..

“How did this happen?” Yunho asked.

“The gate at the top of the stair was left open…

“What? Who would…”Yunho stopped mid-sentence, had he forgotten to close the gate when he left he was preoccupied he couldn’t remember.  Yunho looked into the ward.

“Go on, they would both like to see you.” She told him. Yunho walked in his eye glued to his son, he looked over the rails on the opposite sides the bed his hand brushing Karam hair back as he slept. Jaejoong looked at him, his eyes said he was about to break down any second but he held it together. Yunho couldn’t see Jaejoong hadn’t changed from his night clothes he looked frozen sitting beside the bed.

"They're taking to surgery in a minute they’ve giving him something to make him sleepily,” Jaejoong told him. His voice breaking.  “You sit with him….I’ll leave you too…” Jaejoong was about to leave when Yunho took his hand. “Where are you going your place is here with us. I’m sorry I shouted at you last night. What you said was true and I apologise….

“I’m sorry too….

“What for, you didn’t do anything but speak the truth……

“I should have been watching Karam then this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Jaejoong it’s not your fault.” Yunho word pushed at Jaejoong, “It feels like it is…. I’m usually awake when he’s up but ...this morning….” Yunho was about to say something when a nurse approached them, both stood. “We're ready for him now….” They began to push the bed from the room. But not before Jaejoong kissed Karam forehead telling him he would be here when they got back. Yunho turned his gaze his mother was watching him hinting toward Jaejoong. Yunho slipped his arm around Jaejoong waist pulling him closer. His look showed confusion….. but when he felt Jaejoong lean into him he understood. It was an hour before Karam was back with them he woke up a short while ago  and was been playful. Jaejoong smiled he didn’t look like he was in as much pain when he brought him in earlier that day. Kibum was sleeping peacefully; He seemed so beautiful as he slept with a small smile in the corner of his lips. Jaejoong figured the little one was happy because his father was there. Jaejoong chuckled he couldn't help it, but caress Karam cheek gently. Yunho eyes were watching him. The doctor had spoken to them both, that the cast would remain on his arm for 6 weeks or more depending on how it was healing. He’d need to be a little more careful.

“I was thinking?” Jaejoong started, but he stopped not sure if it was his place to say anything.

“Talk  to me Jaejoong.” Yunho clung to his hand. “I know what I said last night…..

“I know your hiding something from me,” Jaejoong blurted out. “You only act like that when you’re hiding something from me.” Jaejoong took a breath, “H-have I done something that’s cost the company money or jeopardise your company….. I can tell Yunho…”

“I wish you’d give yourself a break…… why do you always think the worst.” Yunho asked kissing his cheek. “Next you’ll be thinking I don’t want to marry you because of what happen today.” Yunho blurted out not realising how true it was until he saw Jaejoong eyes before he looked away.

“He’s so tiny… what if something worse had happened…?” Jaejoong spoke out; he took his hand from Yunho.

“It wasn’t your fault… if any it mine… I think I was the one that left the gate open… I remember closing the bottom one but not the top.” Yunho cupped Jaejoong face. “You’re the best thing that happened to Karam, a great Umma in his eyes….and mine. There will be a day not too long from now I hope when Karam starts to speak he will call you Umma and I couldn’t be happier when that happens.” Jaejoong eyes met Yunho. “He loves you as must as I do.” A small smile grew on his face but it disappeared only a second later as soon as it appeared.

“Karam going to need someone to watch over him,” Jaejoong spoke softly.  “It’s not like you can take leave from work been the boss, but what if I do…..?” Jaejoong spoke. “The wedding in a matter of weeks… If you’ll still have me,” He gripped his hand over the engagement ring. “People in work know I’m getting married soon.” Not that they knew it was Yunho that was still a secret just for them. “I could take leave from work if you let me…and go back after the wedding.” Jaejoong told him. “But if that doesn’t work out, I can work from home.”

“You’re too good to us both…..?”Yunho leant his head against Jaejoong. “We’ll talk about this later, Let's just watch over Karam for the night.”

_________________________________________________________________-

Jaejoong has such a caring heart.....

Comment for the next.