Chapter 1

Times To Love Again

Un-Beta

Chapter 1

 

 

The dirt flew up from under his feet as he ran faster. He could see his breath through the mist of rain that came down, rapid puffs of air that came from each sharp exhale as he quickens his speed. He’d witness an accident before his very eyes, a truck ploughed its way into the intersection causing a few cars to swerved to avoid, but one wasn’t as lucky as it was over turned as he approached. His breath steadied as he approached, He already had his phone to his ear reporting it, calling for an ambulance he just hope they understood him. The knelt down in horror a woman was over turned in her seat. He called out to her but found no answer. Before he knew what he was doing he reached out his hand to see if there was a pulse. Was she alive? He wondered.

“Take him out….” She looked toward him as she realised someone was there. “Please tell me he’s okay…..?” Her voice was nothing more than a quiver. In his panic, he barely noticed the blood; the sight of the woman made him freeze and slowly step back from the car was did she say he didn’t know. He didn’t know what but he knelt back down he couldn’t leave her. He could see she was in a lot of pain but what could he do to help but be there he couldn’t move her it would probably cause more damage than good.

“Is he…..” she cried in pain trying to look into the back. It was then he looked into the back, Wondering was there someone else in the car?” He turned his gaze looking and then he spotted it. He wondering could he crawl inside the car there was glass everywhere. “Please… I beg you… check… him tell me his alright.”  With that he pulled out of the car a small bundle in his arms a baby. He steadied the bundle in his arm checking to his surprise he seemed to be alright. He wanted to show her, let her see… but as he did he saw it, she smiled at him as she faded…., “He shouted at her help was coming…. He stated there in the pouring rain.  It wasn’t until he felt the present of someone above his shoulder parametric had just arrived. He just hoped it wasn’t too late.


“Sir…..

“He held out the baby to them…” filled with emotion he pointed to the woman in the over turned car and to the baby. He wanted to leave and tried to but was stop. “Sir you’re hands….” He looked at the parametric; it wasn’t until he felt him hold up his hands to him that he noticed. It must have been from the glass. “Please come to the hospital so we could treat your hands.” He wanted to tell them he was fine but towards the end he couldn’t help but allow them to pull him away from the wreckage.

****

Yunho had just arrived home; he found it strange no one to be home. “Taeyeon are you home,” He looked to the side table for a note but found nothing. They usually always left a note he to his watch; she would usually be putting Karam down around this time. He rang her phone but all he got was a message minder.  He thought maybe she went to her parents. He changed from his work close while waiting, but as time went on he grew concern she would call if she was running late. He sat down on the couch reading his new paper when house phone rang.  That was her he thought, “Taeyeon are you on your way home?”

“Is this Mr Jung?" Yunho group who was this calling him he wondered

"N-Neh. !"

"I am calling from Seoul General Hospital.  Would you happen to know a Jung Taeyeon.” Yunho nearly dropped the phone from his hand.

“Yes she’s my wife.” Yunho gulped,

“I’m sorry to infirm you but your wife was in a serious car accident and is in a very critical condition now. Please come here the hospital." Yunho was already running out the door. He didn’t take anything with him he just ran to his car before driving across town like a crazy person. He ran into the hospital the moment, he pulled up to the hospital. 

"My wife Jung Taeyeon." He panted. The nurse told him it was on the 2rd floor. He ran up the stairs, not willing to wait for the lift. Just on time, the double doors opened to the emergency room. 

"Doctor, how is she?! Tell me how she is! Please!" Yunho wanted to shake the answer from him. The doctor sighed and shook his head, Yunho heart dropped.. “Mr Jung your wife was brought in, in a very serious condition.

“Can I see her….” He nodded, when he was brought to the room Yunho held up. What he first saw was Taeyeon wired up with a ventilator tube, she was unconscious the sight worried him.

"Hey you worried me there for a moment. I am so sorry.” He cried, “Please, you can't leave me Taeyeon. I cannot imagine myself living life without you beside me. Please. Tell me this is a bad dream." He hit himself. “Tae….” He looked to the nurse. “My son where is he.”

“He’s been looked after by the state in the NICU.” She told him.

“Is he….

Doing well considering the accident,” She told him.  Yunho needed to see him but that meant leaving his wife. “Taeyeon…. I know you’d hate me if I didn’t see our son. He told hold of her hand kissing it briefly before asking if it was possible to see his son. She nodded leaning the way while asking another member of staff to keep his wife company. Yunho examined his son carefully he couldn’t believe it the child had barely a scratch. He was crying his lung out but that sound was golden to Yunho ears. Yunho held him carefully, his son look more like him that his wife yet still fragile. He was caught up in the moment when someone came to get him. He knew before they said it but he hadn’t wanted to believe them. His wife was gone. When he went back to where she was he broke down.

"I-I l-lo-ve y-you Taeyeon." The monitor had been switched of when Yunho returned. “... No! Taeyeon! No!" Yunho cried we need you, I need you….” hoping it was a joke he lay his head on her chest waiting to hear a heartbeat but all that was there was a void. The nurse came in and removed the ventilator she told Yunho she was sorry. But Yunho could barely hear her. He was just watching over her talking to her.. Even she was trying to hold back her tears. People passing by looked through the window to see Yunho hugging his wife's body.

He hadn’t heard the door, but felt a hand on his shoulder he looked. “Umma… she gone….,” his family had arrived including his younger brother. His mother hugged him.  He looked up to her, “She’s gone Umma. What am I going to do?”

 

Unknown to them someone stood outside his hand bandage, his eyes redded with tear. If only he could have done something this was his fault. He should have helped her.

__________________________________________

it up to you which you want me to start first