Chapter 21

Times To Love Again

Un-beta

Chapter 21

 

Jaejoong couldn’t believe he did that, it was late and he was still at the office. He hadn’t meant to stay this late but he must have fallen asleep. By the time he woke up it was late. He looked at his watch, he’d been here a extra five hours, looking around he was the only one here the office was usually empty by six. Unless you count Yunho who was usually behind his desk but not today, Yunho had emailed him before six asking him would he be ready to go about then  if he wanted a lift. But Jaejoong kindly declines to tell him he needed to make up some time for cutting out early so he could prepare the birthday dinner for Mrs Jung, besides he needed to finish off a few things before he left the office for the night. Yunho emailed him after telling him he didn’t have to. But Jaejoong wasn’t the sort of person to take advantage just because he was seeing the boss behind the closed door.

Jaejoong gathered up his things before making his way to the exit of the building. Taking a mental note of the time, wondering did he still have enough time to make the last train. Yunho was going to freak out at him when he saw what time he clocked out at. It was dark and bitter cold as he stepped outside he shrugged into his Jacket before wrapping his scarf around his neck wrapping it up tightly keeping as much heat inside him as he could mustard. The weather had changed in the last couple of days but that was to be excepted with winter rolling in at an alarming rate. The second he stood outside the office he thought maybe he should call Yunho, but thought against it at the last moment thinking it was too late for him to annoy Yunho.

Jaejoong walked towards the station only to find the train running past him he was too late. He Fumble back up the flight of step, avoiding people as the past him. Some looked worn out, Jaejoong figured they were probably finding shelter in the station for the night. It wouldn’t have been the first time he seeing people sleeping rough, but it always made his sad realising they had no home to go to. It away he was lucky. He continued to walk down the street figuring he’d hail a cab if one came, but then he remembered he’d left his wallet at Yunho just his luck.

He felt the bitter cold within his skin as he walked; He almost jumped when he heard people coming up behind him, he ly realising it was the group of drunk young people probably on a night out. He gave a sigh of relief when the past, Jaejoong had to admit walking home late at this hour gave him an eerie feeling in his stomach... He wondered if Yunho place would be any closer than his own. He could go to him… but he knew a lecture would be waiting for him when he got there. Over the last month or so he rarely had gone home, mostly staying at Yunho. He even had a shelve In Yunho closet for his own clothes. He continued to walk to his own place a night alone won’t kill him. He could see his own apartment in the distance and he was grateful it was a long walk when he thought about it until he felt that someone was walking behind him. Only when the steps quicken behind him did he think it was odd. He thought maybe it could have been other people heading home for the night. But when he turned down a street, the sound followed as he walked faster, when he turned so did they. He turned fast on a well-lit street so he could see there was someone there someone his a huddy blocking his face from view. He stepped into a doorway as much as he could reaching for his phone, he dialled a number Yunho number it took a few seconds before Yunho answered.

“Calling me this late you must miss me?” Yunho voice was sweet and Jaejoong would have acted on it if it had been for the right time. Yunho seemed to pick up on something when he heard Jaejoong  breath against the phone.

“I-I,” Jaejoong voice sounded weird against the phone, maybe he was overreacting but hearing Yunho voice made him happy.

“Jaejoong what’s wrong….?” Yunho asked in concern.

“I-I think someone is following me….?

“What? Where are you?” Jaejoong could hear the panic in Yunho voice, “Tell me where you are Jae?”

 

“Hmm…?’ Jaejoong thought to the name of the street, “XXXX.”

“Okay, you close...Jae I want you to turn right at the end of the street there an apartment block called XXXX go there, As the intercom press the button for 242 they should let you in..” Jaejoong nodded though Yunho couldn’t see, “I’ll be with you shortly. Stay on the line for me.”

“Yun……” Jaejoong bit his bottom lip.

“What….” He could tell Yunho was angry but at this time to worried about Jaejoong. as soon as Jaejoong stepped out he felt  a hand on his shoulder. It wasn’t like he couldn’t defend himself but at this moment he became frozen. Before he knew it, he was on the ground his backpack, phone and watch missing and the stepped were running off into the distances. It happened so quick he wasn’t sure what happen or how long he sat there but he got up making his way to where Yunho told him to go.

****

“What does he look like…….?” two people was walking fast down the street one of them with a phone to his ear.   

“We're looking okay….there nothing you can do stop shouting down the phone will you.” He is pale, skinny with big doe eyes he shouldn’t be that hard to miss.” there was no one on the street.

“Would that be him…?”  He pointed out someone walking slowly toward them his face was looking to the ground. His arms wrapped around his frame. They ran up to him only when they did Jaejoong panicked and covered his face. They looked to one another before took his arm around Jaejoong telling him he was okay. They led him away to them.

“Is he alright?”

“I don’t know….let get him back to the apartment Yunho on his way there anyway.” He told the other person.  

****

He was sitting, how long he sat their lost until he felt arms come around. “You’ll be alright?” Jaejoong eyes widened at those words he turned his head to the side Yunho was looking at him with worry in his eyes. “Are you hurt?” His voices soften, Jaejoong wasn’t sure his eyes just gazed at Yunho lost. “You can tell me anything Jaejoong.?” Yunho watched his with care.

“Outside…I-I…” Jaejoong voice was broken he felt foolish, “M-my….

“Did you get hurt?”

“I-I don’t know….”

“His hand Yunho..?” a voice from overhead told him, “get him to drink this it’s just tea…but I’ve put three spoons of sugar in it, I’m told it’s good for shock.” Yunho tried to place his hand but then he noted the bruising around his wrist. “Jusnu do you have ice or a cold pack.”

“Yoochun working on it,” Junsu went back to the kitchen, while Yunho held Jaejoong hand as they began to shake.

“Jae drinks this you’re shaking so much?” Yunho hand was gathered around him, whispering words of comfort. Telling him he was safe. It took Jaejoong a while to calm down and speak. Yunho was holding the ice pack to his wrist. It was the first time Jaejoong  managed to look around him for the first time since he got here nothing people looking at him before turning his eyes back to Yunho.

“Do you think he’s okay…Yunho? Should I call someone….?”

“No, it okay, I’ll look after him,” Yunho told them.  “Jaejoong  drink a little….” Yunho took the cup from his hand, bringing it to Jaejoong lips, the feeling of the drink made his feel warm inside…..

“I’m sorry…..?” Yunho gave Jaejoong his full attention.

“You don’t need to be sorry…” Yunho told him, Yunho was too worried about Jaejoong he didn’t have the heart to tell him off. Yunho was glad he wasn’t hurt too badly his eyes never leaving Jaejoong.

“Jae….

“h-he…he took my dad watch……”  Jaejoong panted out. Yunho realised where the bruising must have come from..” Yunho just wanted to hold him, comfort in…  “I should take him home…..?” Yunho got up

“He can stay here I have a guest room….?” Jusnu told him, his eyes on Jaejoong and how loving Yunho was staring at him.

“You two….” Junsu pointed at the two of them, looking to Yunho.

“Don’t start….su….

“I knew it and you keep it from me……!” Jusnu told him. “You’re   own cousin….….?”

“I keep my private life separate.”

“I’m family….”

“Jusnu I think this isn’t the time for you to have it out with Yunho,” Yoochun spoke out his eyes on Jaejoong. Jusnu looked at him he was right.

 “What was he doing out this late anyway?”

“Home…” Jaejoong answered. “Walking home….

“This late……? What were you doing this late?

“L-leaving the office…I  M-missed the last t-train.” His head turned down avoiding Yunho eyes.

“Did you see what he looked like…?” Jaejoong closed his eyes and shook his head. “I-it happened too fast….I-I just froze….”

“Probably a good thing you did… he could have had a knife or anything…” Jaejoong dropped the cup, he jumped, his hand raised to his neck an image of what happen flashed before his eyes.

“Jaejoong…?” Yunho called pulling Jaejoong to his chest. “You alright I have you.” Jaejoong held Yunho tightly.

“I’ll take him home….” Yunho told him, he just wanted to comfort Jaejoong by holding him closely. Yunho helped Jaejoong up.

“I’m sorry…. Jusnu…. The cup…

“Forget it…

Yunho got Jaejoong into the car closing the door.   “Yunho, take care of him, won’t you…. I’ll call you tomorrow. Yunho nodded. He turned to Jaejoong looking at him Jaejoong was shaken. He reached over clasping his hand around Jaejoong.  That night he took Jaejoong to his home and held him so closely that night.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________-

 

Don't worry the good bit his getting closer I promise.

 

I won't be able to upload tomorrow, But Tuesday I hope to ...thank you for you support,I've gotten a few comment that has inspired me. Thank you, it means a lot

Thank you

 

Comment for the next