Chapter 7

My 3 Months of Life

Woo Bin is leaning his back on wall as they waiting for the result.

Sometimes he give a glances at the door then looking at his watch.

He take out his phone and press 1. After a few seconds, Eric’s voice can be heard.

“Lee Haru. Have you gets all the details about her?”

“I’m just about to call you for the same. Would you like me to come to you with all the documents?”

“Where are you now? I will come to you.”

“In front of your house.”

“I will be right there.”

Woo Bin walks to Mr. Jung who comes with him to the hospital. Mr. Jung looks a bit worried since he is close to Haru. He has no daughter so he is always thinks of Haru as one.

“Ahjusshi, can I ask you a favor?”

“Yes, please tell me.”

“I have something to do right now so I must go. Can you give me a call when she is awake? This is my number.” Woo Bin said then passed his card to Mr. Jung.

“Yes, sure.”

“Ahjusshi, can you keep it a secret from her that I was there when she is fainted?”

“But why?”

“I will tell her myself but please don’t mention about me yet. Please tell her that you are the one who brought her to hospital.”

“Ah, okay…”

“Thank you, Ahjusshi. Please give me a call as soon as she awakes.”

“Yes. Don’t worry.”

 

Woo Bin grabs a taxi and heading back to his house. Along the way, he keeps thinking of Haru. He cannot forget Haru’s face when she is fainted.

“So, what have you got?”

“She moved to Seoul when she is 12 years old. She lives alone with her father as her mother passed away when she was 4. She is the only child of her family. And, her father…he works with one of our subsidiary company here in Seoul.”

“Is that all?” Woo Bin asks while looking at the files given to him by Eric.

“And…this is a medical record.”

“Medical record…of who?”

“Her mother and…Lee Haru.”

“What do you mean?”

“Her mother died because of cancer…and it seems that she inherit the cancer from his mother.”

“Cancer?”

“She has lung cancer and it is in final stage.”

“She looks fine to me…but today…” Woo Bin said in disbelief of what he heard from Eric and what has he read from the medical record.  

“It states here that she has only 3 months…what is that mean?”

“Her doctor diagnosed her to only have 3 months…before the cancer kill her.”

“3 months?”

“Does she knew about this?”

“Yes, her doctor already informed her about this and urge her to stay in hospital for a treatment.”

“Then, why she is still wandering around like there is nothing happen? She should do a treatment.”

 “I’m sorry, Young Master.” Eric seems sympathized with Kim Woo Bin.

Like he said, he knew and understands Woo Bin more than Woo Bin’s parents. On the day Woo Bin met with Lee Haru, he knew that Woo Bin is already fall in love with that woman but only he did not realize the feelings yet.

For 5 years with Woo Bin and assist him with almost everything, Woo Bin never asks him to check on someone else background.  Woo Bin never asks him to check on the women that he will went out for blind date because he was not interested with any of them.

Eric leaves Woo Bin alone. Woo Bin is still staring at the medical record that he is holding. He chuckles and without knowing a tears come down from his eyes.